PDA

View Full Version : InBev to Buy Anheuser-Busch

5stringJeff
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I hope they do something to change the recipe. Bud and Bud Light are both horrible.

----------
InBev buys Anheuser-Busch: What now?
St. Louis Business Journal - by Kelsey Volkmann

Anxiety. Excitement. Disgust.

The reactions of shareholders, analysts, employees and politicians ranged the gamut Monday in response to Belgium-based InBev gobbling up American icon Anheuser-Busch to create a behemoth that sells a quarter of the world's beer.

Some A-B employees lament the uncertainty about job security the $52 billion deal created and, according to analysts, their worry has merit.

White collar, middle- and upper-management positions, such as those in accounting, purchasing and human resources, could be cut to avoid duplication and trim expenses in St. Louis, which has been named the North American headquarters for the combined company.

"St. Louis will see some job losses," said Ilhan Geckil, senior economist in the Chicago office of Anderson Economic Group.

"Not brewing, blue-collar jobs. The taste of Budweiser is really important. No breweries will be closed."

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2008/07/14/daily8.html

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Just how far do these fur'ners expect to go in their quests to damage and overwhelm American culture and business!!!!!!!!!!! I demand a decision from the Pope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED
Anheuser-Busch agreed on Sunday night to sell itself to the Belgian brewer InBev for about $52 billion, people briefed on the matter said, putting control of the nation’s largest beer maker and a fixture of American culture into a European rival’s hands.

The all-cash deal, for $70 a share, would create the world’s largest brewer, uniting the maker of Budweiser and Michelob with the producer of Stella Artois, Bass and Brahma. Together, the two companies would have sales of more than $36 billion a year, surpassing the current No. 1 brewer, SABMiller of London.

The combined company is expected to be named Anheuser-Busch InBev, fulfilling a promise by the Belgian company to include the Anheuser name in the new brewer’s title, people briefed on the matter said. Anheuser will be given two seats on the board, including one for August A. Busch IV, the company’s chief executive and a scion of its controlling family.

For millions, Budweiser is synonymous with American beer. Because of Anheuser’s huge advertising budget and strong distribution network, few brands are as omnipresent in daily life as Budweiser and its more popular sibling, Bud Light...........

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/business/worldbusiness/14beer.html?_r=2&ref=europe&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Just what is going to happen to my beloved Busch?!?!?!???!?!?!?!? I demand answers, immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5stringJeff
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Merged like threads.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Entirely different sources, information and intent, jeffie. You really are a small one, whatever.

manu1959
07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
bud sucks .... who cares ... well casey kane cares....but that is about it....

Missileman
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
bud sucks .... who cares ... well casey kane cares....but that is about it....

Too bad they're taking Michelob with em tho...Amber Bock is really good.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Religion/Ethics forum?

Yurt
07-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Religion/Ethics forum?

:poke:

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Hell, they'll be trying to serve it to us at slightly below room temp next!!!!!!!

:poke:

This is truly a sacrilege I tell ya. The Yourapeons don't know shit about the habits and goodness of American beers and beerdrinkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
American as it gets PB

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/2138.jpg

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Stouts are OK, yuk.

American as it gets PB

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/2138.jpg

I prefer double bocks.

82Marine89
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Who cares? I drink Guinness.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I do as well, 82'm. When I can find it on tap. Don't tell me you're drinkin' that bottled shit for Guinness?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Who cares? I drink Guinness.

I care about the American beer industry. Like Levi's, airplanes, high tech, Ford and General Motors, when are the American people going to wake up to these cultural incursions within our society? Guinness? I seriously doubt if you've ever had a real one.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 10:28 PM
I still think this thread belongs in the Religion/Ethics forum!!!!!!!!!!!

82Marine89
07-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I do as well, 82'm. When I can find it on tap. Don't tell me you're drinkin' that bottled shit for Guinness?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I care about the American beer industry. Like Levi's, airplanes, high tech, Ford and General Motors, when are the American people going to wake up to these cultural incursions within our society? Guinness? I seriously doubt if you've ever had a real one.

I drink it on tap. Sometimes do black and tans as well. As for A/B, I only care of what will happen to their Sea World amusement parks.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Tap is better by a long shot, 82'm, but even then it ain't like Dublin at all!!!!!!

I drink it on tap. Sometimes do black and tans as well. As for A/B, I only care of what will happen to their Sea World amusement parks.

So, you're just not into American culture and manufacturing being bought up by the off shore conglomerates? Maybe in a few years, possibly in a few months, I can cut and paste your remarks as evidence of American indifference? Maybe that's our biggest problem. Many really just don't care enough about our culture and independence to protect it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

82Marine89
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Tap is better by a long shot, 82'm, but even then it ain't like Dublin at all!!!!!!

So, you're just not into American culture and manufacturing being bought up by the off shore conglomerates? Maybe in a few years, possibly in a few months, I can cut and paste your remarks as evidence of American indifference? Maybe that's our biggest problem. Many really just don't care enough about our culture and independence to protect it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Drank some on tap in Dublin this past weekend. Dublin, California.

As for A/B, the family made a profitable corporation and sold it. That is capitalism at it's finest. Should they hold it just to keep you happy or keep it on American soil? It's not going anywhere and America will be just fine.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Like I said, cowgirl, I'll save your remarks so I can remind others and maybe you of them in a few months or years.

Drank some on tap in Dublin this past weekend. Dublin, California.

As for A/B, the family made a profitable corporation and sold it. That is capitalism at it's finest. Should they hold it just to keep you happy or keep it on American soil? It's not going anywhere and America will be just fine.

Other equally as capitalist countries as our own understand enough about global economy to not to become totally dependant on unstable markets so as to jeapardize their own. But that's a little past Econ 101 that you and others here never took or could understand anyway.

5stringJeff
07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
The only Budweiser products I can stomach are Bud Select (which is about a 2 on a scale of 1-10) or Michelob Amber Bock (about a 6).

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Obviously you have never fully appreciated an ice cold Busch, jeff.

The only Budweiser products I can stomach are Bud Select (which is about a 2 on a scale of 1-10) or Michelob Amber Bock (about a 6).

It's a religious thing for me, don't you know?

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM

i will lament their passing over a black bee....

5stringJeff
07-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Obviously you have never fully appreciated an ice cold Busch, jeff.

It's a religious thing for me, don't you know?

I'm glad you enjoy it... it's just not my thing. My go-to beer is Shiner Bock, brewed in Shiner, TX.

Yurt
07-14-2008, 11:21 PM
pb, you don't drink any micro brews? micro brews are very american, all about the individuals making great beer.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 11:22 PM
There was a time that I did LSD, Lone Star Draft, jeff.

I'm glad you enjoy it... it's just not my thing. My go-to beer is Shiner Bock, brewed in Shiner, TX.

That is until I got over it. My thing is in the mountains now. A six pack of Busch and I become a genuine mountain man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
There was a time that I did LSD, Lone Star Draft, jeff.

That is until I got over it. My thing is in the mountains now. A six pack of Busch and I become a genuine mountain man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: nice one

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 11:37 PM
I have to credit my ol' T.I. (Training Instructor) at Lackland AFB, Texas for that one, yuk.

:lol: nice one

I've been waiting since 1968 to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82Marine89
07-15-2008, 12:51 AM

I was pissed when they discontinued Red Wolf.

82Marine89
07-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Like I said, cowgirl, I'll save your remarks so I can remind others and maybe you of them in a few months or years.

Other equally as capitalist countries as our own understand enough about global economy to not to become totally dependant on unstable markets so as to jeapardize their own. But that's a little past Econ 101 that you and others here never took or could understand anyway.

So you feel governments should dictate how private companies are bought and sold?

Psychoblues
07-15-2008, 12:59 AM
In the case of national independence I think there is a place for governmental intervention.

So you feel governments should dictate how private companies are bought and sold?

As a nation that can't even produce footwear and uniforms for it's own troops I think it's high time our government stopped ignoring the problem, don't you?

I still think this thread should be in the Religion/Ethics forum.

Sitarro
07-15-2008, 03:18 AM
Hell, they'll be trying to serve it to us at slightly below room temp next!!!!!!!

This is truly a sacrilege I tell ya. The Yourapeons don't know shit about the habits and goodness of American beers and beerdrinkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess they will have to cancel all of those mud track races, the drivers, the pit crews and the fans have nothing to drink. It would have to take a case of that piss beer to get you drunk enough to find that shit racing through trailer parks even remotely interesting.

Psychoblues
07-15-2008, 03:32 AM
You have a hard on for competitive racing, zero, and I can't help you with that.

I guess they will have to cancel all of those mud track races, the drivers, the pit crews and the fans have nothing to drink. It would have to take a case of that piss beer to get you drunk enough to find that shit racing through trailer parks even remotely interesting.

Or is it just me? Do you have a hard on for lil' ol me? Suck it yourself, rubberneck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're about one worthless shit if I've ever seen one. Do you even know what this thread is all about?

Sitarro
07-15-2008, 03:57 AM
You have a hard on for competitive racing, zero, and I can't help you with that.

Yea, I like Grand Prix and Motorcross racing. Great looking high performance cars driven with great skill as opposed to drunk rednecks going around in circles on a manure filled track making nothing but left turns. Boring......... you guys watch it to see which drunk will punch the other out first.

Or is it just me? Do you have a hard on for lil' ol me? Suck it yourself, rubberneck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're about one worthless shit if I've ever seen one. Do you even know what this thread is all about?

Do you have latent homo tendencies ace? Yea, I know what this thread is about. It's about the sale of a company whose only worthwhile accomplishment is their Clydesdale ad campaign.
By the way, I had plenty of Guinness in Ireland and it can be had here where it tastes exactly the same, any decent Irish pub that prides themselves in a good pour will serve up a great Guinness. I know of at least three in my immediate area.
Store bought, I like Fat Tire Ale...... any of them, and Tsingtao.

5stringJeff
07-15-2008, 06:08 AM
I still think this thread should be in the Religion/Ethics forum.

It's not a thread about religion, or ethics. It's a thread about one brewery buying another.

Yurt
07-15-2008, 09:11 AM
It's not a thread about religion, or ethics. It's a thread about one brewery buying another.

pb's motto:

one nation under budweiser

in budweiser we believe

remie
07-15-2008, 09:36 AM
The beer is average at best but I sure hope they dont fire the advertising agency that dreams up their commercials.

Abbey Marie
07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
By the way, I had plenty of Guinness in Ireland and it can be had here where it tastes exactly the same, any decent Irish pub that prides themselves in a good pour will serve up a great Guinness. I know of at least three in my immediate area.
Store bought, I like Fat Tire Ale...... any of them, and Tsingtao.

Tsingtao is excellent, Sitarro. As is Singha (Thai) :beer: