PDA

View Full Version : 50% of Sequoia Voting Machines Flawed

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 05:41 PM
After all these years and after all these investigations how in hell does this continue?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!

"New York state is in the process of replacing its lever voting machines with new voting equipment, but the state revealed recently that it has found problems with 50 percent of the roughly 1,500 ImageCast optical-scan machines (shown in the video above) that Sequoia Voting Systems has delivered to the state so far -- machines that are slated to be used by dozens of counties in the state's September 9 primary and November 4 presidential election.

Douglas Kellner, co-chair of the New York State Board of Elections, expressed frustration with the vendor, saying it appeared that Sequoia was using the state's acceptance testing process to find problems with its machines in lieu of a sound quality-control process.

"There's no way the vendor could be adequately reviewing the machines and having so many problems," he told Threat Level. "What it tells us is that the vendor just throws this stuff over the transom and does not do any alpha- or beta-testing of their own before they apply for certification testing. Then they expect that we'll identify technical glitches and then they'll correct those glitches. But correction of those glitches is an extraordinarily time-consuming process. And its very disappointing that this equipment is not ready for prime time."

One main problem with the machines has been the printers. The ImageCast machines are special optical-scan machines that include an LCD screen, a printer and a ballot-marking device that allows disabled voters to use them. Disabled voters view the ballot on screen or hear it read to them through headphones, then make their selection using special attachments (a device with buttons or a sipping straw), after which the machine prints out a paper ballot that gets read by the optical scanner component.........."

More: http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/07/ny-50-percent-o.html

It is plain that there are Americans that would very gladly deny a valid vote for their own sakes and designs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would gladly jail the bastards and throw away the key rather than give them another opportunity to disenfranchise anyone's right to VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!

07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
So what your saying is that the Democrats in New York are stealing elections with fixed machines. Got ya...

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 08:40 PM
No, that's not what I am saying, a'21.

So what your saying is that the Democrats in New York are stealing elections with fixed machines. Got ya...

How much do you know about the machines? I suspect very little. How much do you know about the proprietary properties of the machines, a'21? I suspect very little. How much do you know about the people that sell these machines to the American government and how much do you know about the politics behind the decisions to purchase them? Again, I suspect very little, a'21.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:44 PM
generally, i dont trust machines

How much do you know about the machines? I suspect very little. How much do you know about the proprietary properties of the machines, a'21? I suspect very little. How much do you know about the people that sell these machines to the American government and how much do you know about the politics behind the decisions to purchase them? Again, I suspect very little, a'21.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Among many other things, marteen, I am a certified Class A machinist. I trust any machine that is well built to do exactly the job for which it was designed and constructed. It is usually when I distrust the ambitions of the designer that I have problems with building or using the machine.

generally, i dont trust machines

Dig it?

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:59 AM

Another vast right wing conspiracy in a BLUE state run by Democrats

OK I got it now

theHawk
07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Voting machines that use software should be banned. Way too easy to manipulate. There seems to be this gradual movement to go all electronic. When that happens, we will no longer have a democracy.

Kathianne
07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Voting machines that use software should be banned. Way too easy to manipulate. There seems to be this gradual movement to go all electronic. When that happens, we will no longer have a democracy.

Bring back paper and pen.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 02:26 PM

But Dems will find a way to screw that up like they did the paper ballot in Fl - and we will be back to square one

Kathianne
07-15-2008, 02:32 PM
But Dems will find a way to screw that up like they did the paper ballot in Fl - and we will be back to square one

That was a punch ballot, butterfly. I'm speaking of 'X' marks the vote, in pen. Yeah, it takes longer to count, but more reliable. Easier to find spoiled ballots and easier to find intents.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 02:34 PM
That was a punch ballot, butterfly. I'm speaking of 'X' marks the vote, in pen. Yeah, it takes longer to count, but more reliable. Easier to find spoiled ballots and easier to find intents.

If the idiot Dems could not punch out a spot on a ballot, what makes you think they could place an "X" on the ballot?

Somehow I think it will to hard for them

Instead of spending money on a new system, why not hold classes on how to fill out the ballot?

Kathianne
07-15-2008, 02:36 PM
If the idiot Dems could not punch out a spot on a ballot, what makes you think they could place an "X" on the ballot?

Somehow I think it will to hard for them

Instead of spending money on a new system, why not hold classes on how to fill out the ballot?

Indeed, the less than able will still screw up, but it will be easier to invalidate their votes. In this case, there is a true paper trail.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Indeed, the less than able will still screw up, but it will be easier to invalidate their votes. In this case, there is a true paper trail.

I guess Dems will find a way to screw up any method of voting. Anytime they lose they cry about vote fraud and how the election was stolen. It is part of life Kathianne

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 09:20 PM
You and hawk are correct, kitty.

There is no excuse for any lack of a paper trail and a verifiable vote or intent to vote. All this shit about the dems screwing this up comes from reichwingers looking at themselves in the mirror. The psychiatrists call it denial and projection.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:25 PM
You and hawk are correct, kitty.

There is no excuse for any lack of a paper trail and a verifiable vote or intent to vote. All this shit about the dems screwing this up comes from reichwingers looking at themselves in the mirror. The psychiatrists call it denial and projection.

Dems could not punch a hole in the ballot for goodness sake. How stupid can Dems voters be?

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 09:31 PM
There ain't nobody as perfect as you, nitshit.

Dems could not punch a hole in the ballot for goodness sake. How stupid can Dems voters be?

You whining ass republicans been making far too much fun of all those jews that voted for Pat Buchanan for way too long now, haven't you?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
There ain't nobody as perfect as you, nitshit.

You whining ass republicans been making far too much fun of all those jews that voted for Pat Buchanan for way too long now, haven't you?

Sorry if punching a hole next to the name of the candidate you are voting for is to hard for you libs.

The butterfly ballot was designed by a Democrat. Samples were mailed out to all voters weeks before the election. The only regions that had a problem were the heavly populated areas run by Democrats

And you guys still screwed it up.

BTW, a recount done by the liberal media showed Pres Bush won Fl. So give it a break sonny

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Like I said, lil' girlie, you pubs been chastizing the intelligence of the jews for far too long and you should be ashamed of it!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if punching a hole next to the name of the candidate you are voting for is to hard for you libs.

The butterfly ballot was designed by a Democrat. Samples were mailed out to all voters weeks before the election. The only regions that had a problem were the heavly populated areas run by Democrats

And you guys still screwed it up.

BTW, a recount done by the liberal media showed Pres Bush won Fl. So give it a break sonny

BTW, there has never been a complete count much less a recount, dumbass, and there hasn't been a liberal media in at least 58 years that I know about. Do you still believe in the freakin' tooth fairy? I bet you do!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Like I said, lil' girlie, you pubs been chastizing the intelligence of the jews for far too long and you should be ashamed of it!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, there has never been a complete count much less a recount, dumbass, and there hasn't been a liberal media in at least 58 years that I know about. Do you still believe in the freakin' tooth fairy? I bet you do!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if you clods can't follow an arrow on the ballot and punch out a hole. I guess it is way to complicated for you

Here is the recount led by the NY Times, and USA Today to name a few

Newspapers' recount shows Bush prevailed

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

George W. Bush would have won a hand count of Florida's disputed ballots if the standard advocated by Al Gore had been used, the first full study of the ballots reveals. Bush would have won by 1,665 votes — more than triple his official 537-vote margin — if every dimple, hanging chad and mark on the ballots had been counted as votes, a USA TODAY/Miami Herald/Knight Ridder study shows. The study is the first comprehensive review of the 61,195 "undervote" ballots that were at the center of Florida's disputed presidential election

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2001-04-03-floridamain.htm

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
The article also says this:

"The results reveal a stunning irony. The way Gore wanted the ballots recounted helped Bush, and the standard that Gore felt offered him the least hope may have given him an extremely narrow victory. The vote totals vary depending on the standard used:

Strict standard. This "clean punch" standard would only count fully removed chads as legal votes. The USA TODAY study shows that Gore would have won Florida by 3 votes if this standard were applied to undervotes."

Sorry if you clods can't follow an arrow on the ballot and punch out a hole. I guess it is way to complicated for you

George W. Bush would have won a hand count of Florida's disputed ballots if the standard advocated by Al Gore had been used, the first full study of the ballots reveals. Bush would have won by 1,665 votes — more than triple his official 537-vote margin — if every dimple, hanging chad and mark on the ballots had been counted as votes, a USA TODAY/Miami Herald/Knight Ridder study shows. The study is the first comprehensive review of the 61,195 "undervote" ballots that were at the center of Florida's disputed presidential election

The article reveals itself as unreliable in many ways. I suggest you go back and read it again. In addition, there have been many articles post that one that dispute those results and reveal that Al Gore was elected President in 2000. gwb was appointed by the SCOTUS. Among those familiar with the proceedings there is no doubt about that.

BTW, I think it is worth noting the article also made this observation:

"Gore's main strategy throughout the post-election dispute was to secure a recount of any kind in the hope of reversing the certified result. Bush's strategy was to stop the recount while he was ahead. But his views on how recounts should be done, in the counties where they were underway, would have been potentially disastrous for him if used statewide."

See what I mean, cowgirl? There is no shame when it comes to Republicans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Bottom line is, even the liberal media had to admit Pres Bush won FL. Al lost thanks to the Clintons

This year the myth of the Clintons was finally destroyed and they were swept into the dustbin of political history

Libs will never admit Pres Nush beat them twice, and there is not anything you clowns can do to change it

If you spend half the time you waste ranting against Pres Bush, and educate your voters how to fill out a ballot life would be so much easier for you :laugh2:

Sitarro
07-16-2008, 10:23 PM

Oops, what will the redneck idiot say about this post? Oh yea, I know, he will claim that the New York Times and USA Today are conservative papers.

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Bill and Hillary haunt you, don't they? They will be around for years to come. Count on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is, even the liberal media had to admit Pres Bush won FL. Al lost thanks to the Clintons

This year the myth of the Clintons was finally destroyed and they were swept into the dustbin of political history

Libs will never admit Pres Nush beat them twice, and there is not anything you clowns can do to change it

If you spend half the time you waste ranting against Pres Bush, and educate your voters how to fill out a ballot life would be so much easier for you :laugh2:

And the good "prez nush" as you call him will be gone in January '09. I heard he is already being offered $25 for local political speeches!!!!!!!! Some just insist on wasting their money, don't they?

red states rule
07-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Bill and Hillary haunt you, don't they? They will be around for years to come. Count on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the good "prez nush" as you call him will be gone in January '09. I heard he is already being offered $25 for local political speeches!!!!!!!! Some just insist on wasting their money, don't they?

Based on the results of the primaries, the Clintons were told to piss off by DEMOCRATS

The Clinton machine broke down and is in the repair shop

What I find comical about the Bush haters, they say how dumb he is, how he is an idiot - yet he beat your ass in 2 national electuion, 2 mid terms, and have made the Dem Congress cave on several issues

Dems have been in power for 2 years, and what have Pelosi and Reid accomplished. To be fair, they did rename about 40 Post Offices, raise the minimum wage, reduced their work week from 5 days to 4, and added more health foods to the meun in the Congressional cafeteria

Other then that............

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm really glad you feel that way, rsr. With your current twisted and inaccurate viewpoints it will be that much easier for the Dems to kick your ass to the curb in this 2008 election. There are virtually no safe seats for repubs left in the House and the Senate. And the presidency seems destined to go blue as well. I wonder how it even got close?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Perhaps the country is taking a sharp left turn? 2006 was just the beginning, rsr. Get used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on the results of the primaries, the Clintons were told to piss off by DEMOCRATS

The Clinton machine broke down and is in the repair shop

What I find comical about the Bush haters, they say how dumb he is, how he is an idiot - yet he beat your ass in 2 national electuion, 2 mid terms, and have made the Dem Congress cave on several issues

Dems have been in power for 2 years, and what have Pelosi and Reid accomplished. To be fair, they did rename about 40 Post Offices, raise the minimum wage, reduced their work week from 5 days to 4, and added more health foods to the meun in the Congressional cafeteria

Other then that............

But, other then that.................What's that supposed to mean?

red states rule
07-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm really glad you feel that way, rsr. With your current twisted and inaccurate viewpoints it will be that much easier for the Dems to kick your ass to the curb in this 2008 election. There are virtually no safe seats for repubs left in the House and the Senate. And the presidency seems destined to go blue as well. I wonder how it even got close?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Perhaps the country is taking a sharp left turn? 2006 was just the beginning, rsr. Get used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, other then that.................What's that supposed to mean?

I am talking about all the great accomplishments the Dems in Congress can take credit for

Hey, they promised to lower gas prices, shore up SS and Medicare, work a 5 day week, reduce pork and Congressional perks

Have they delivered on all those priomises?

What have the Dems accomplished? Libs do not seem to what to answer that question

I see you are happy with their accomplishmenst. I guess Dems will give us more of the same should they keep Congress

PostmodernProphet
07-17-2008, 04:29 PM
BTW, I think it is worth noting the article also made this observation:

"Gore's main strategy throughout the post-election dispute was to secure a recount of any kind in the hope of reversing the certified result.

lol....Gore's strategy was to have every vote that couldn't unequivocally be identified as a vote for Bush counted as a vote for Gore, even if you couldn't tell if the person had voted.....

red states rule
07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
lol....Gore's strategy was to have every vote that couldn't unequivocally be identified as a vote for Bush counted as a vote for Gore, even if you couldn't tell if the person had voted.....

and Gore wanted to toss out the US military vote

Another example of the "support" Dems show the troops

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
The ambitions of Gore were admirable. gwb just wanted to stop the counting for more personal reasons. Disenfranchising voters is not in any way admirable in my estimation.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 04:52 PM
The ambitions of Gore were admirable. gwb just wanted to stop the counting for more personal reasons. Disenfranchising voters is not in any way admirable in my estimation.

Gore was power hungry and was willing to screw over the US military to get his power

He was also a serial liar like both Clintons - except he was not as good at it as they were

Any reply to post # 26 PB?

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Have any of you ever read any of the work by Greg Palast? He is a fantastic investigative journalist that knows his stuff and cuts no one any slack!!!!!! I suggest you start with Armed Madhouse and see what you think. As is normally the case, I wish you the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsr, you lost this argument long before your post #26. Again, you change the subject trying to hide your own ignorance. But, that's just you. It's always about you, isn't it?

red states rule
07-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Have any of you ever read any of the work by Greg Palast? He is a fantastic investigative journalist that knows his stuff and cuts no one any slack!!!!!! I suggest you start with Armed Madhouse and see what you think. As is normally the case, I wish you the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsr, you lost this argument long before your post #26. Again, you change the subject trying to hide your own ignorance. But, that's just you. It's always about you, isn't it?

I understand PB, how can you list all the Dems accomplishments when they have not accomplished anything?