PDA

View Full Version : Oreo? WTF?

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:13 PM
They're all pink on the inside, aren't they?

"Longtime Washington talk-show host John McLaughlin is facing fire Monday for referring to Barack Obama as an "Oreo" during a segment on his Sunday political program, "The McLaughlin Group.

The veteran Washington journalist was discussing the recent comments from the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who was caught last week by an open microphone on Fox News saying the Illinois senator is "talking down to black people" as he campaigns for the White House. Those remarks were largely seen in reference to Obama's recent admonishment at a Chicago church of some black men who he said were not living up to their responsibilities as parents.

Referencing Jackosn's comments, McLaughlin said Obama "fits the stereotype blacks once labeled as an Oreo — a black on the outside, a white on the inside."

"Does it frost Jackson, Jesse Jackson, that…an Oreo should be the beneficiary of the long civil rights struggle which Jesse Jackson spent his lifetime fighting for?" McLaughlin asked his panelists........"

More: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

I wonder how American history will record and explain the "Oreo" designation as it applies to our fellow Americans?

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I dont know this particular gentlemans motivation, but i talked to a black female who told me, she was called oreo as a racial slur.

I suppose one could say, a person is bi racial or like an oreo, half black half white, i dont know

"Longtime Washington talk-show host John McLaughlin is facing fire Monday for referring to Barack Obama as an "Oreo" during a segment on his Sunday political program, "The McLaughlin Group.

The veteran Washington journalist was discussing the recent comments from the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who was caught last week by an open microphone on Fox News saying the Illinois senator is "talking down to black people" as he campaigns for the White House. Those remarks were largely seen in reference to Obama's recent admonishment at a Chicago church of some black men who he said were not living up to their responsibilities as parents.

Referencing Jackosn's comments, McLaughlin said Obama "fits the stereotype blacks once labeled as an Oreo — a black on the outside, a white on the inside."

"Does it frost Jackson, Jesse Jackson, that…an Oreo should be the beneficiary of the long civil rights struggle which Jesse Jackson spent his lifetime fighting for?" McLaughlin asked his panelists........"

I wonder how American history will record and explain the "Oreo" designation as it applies to our fellow Americans?

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Blacks hate blacks who "act white". Ask them what it means to act white. They probably won't admit to the fact that they hate blacks who have cast aside their hatred for whitey and quit using slavery and poverty as an excuse for all of their failings.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
I thinketh you took the question a little too seriously, marteen!!!!!!!!

I dont know this particular gentlemans motivation, but i talked to a black female who told me, she was called oreo as a racial slur.

I suppose one could say, a person is bi racial or like an oreo, half black half white, i dont know

But, wtf do I know?!?!??!?!??!?????!?

Sitarro
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
So the term oreo is only OK when used by Democrat, black nutcases as they throw the cookies at conservative blacks such as Justice Thomas or Maryland Lt. Governor Michael Steele.......

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
of course i did, its called asburgers :laugh2:

I thinketh you took the question a little too seriously, marteen!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
I

Now THAT, is a good question!:lmao:

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 08:16 PM
of course i did, its called asburgers :laugh2:

Your diagnosis comes in handy sometimes, doesn't it. It's nice to have a built- in excuse. :laugh2:

you might try spelling it right or is that part of the bullshit ?

Asperger's Disorder is a milder variant of Autistic Disorder

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
sometimes its an excuse, and sometimes it does explain why things.

Its a double edge sword

Your diagnosis comes in handy sometimes, doesn't it. It's nice to have a built- in excuse. :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Now THAT, is a good question!:lmao:

oh common he is a good guy :salute:

glockmail
07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Frankly I'm shocked that McLaughlin used the term. I don't think he meant it in a rascist fashion, but it makes him an easy target for those who wish to label him.

actsnoblemartin
I dont appreciate your BLATANT dis-respect.

I'm sorry you couldn't tell i was saying that tongue in cheek to pb, but you dont have to be an asshole about it :poke:

you might try spelling it right or is that part of the bullshit ?

Asperger's Disorder is a milder variant of Autistic Disorder

Dilloduck
sometimes its an excuse, and sometimes it does explain why things.

Its a double edge sword

no--you are a pussy who plays it both ways.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
excellent point!!!

So the term oreo is only OK when used by Democrat, black nutcases as they throw the cookies at conservative blacks such as Justice Thomas or Maryland Lt. Governor Michael Steele.......

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Wow, what manners you have. I dont remember asking for your opinion of my disorder. so why dont you shut your pie hole, jerk

and by the way, you dont have permission to discuss, MY disabilities, that's why their my disabilities!

no--you are a pussy who plays it both ways.

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Wow, what manners you have. I dont remember asking for your opinion of my disorder. so why dont you shut your pie hole, jerk

and by the way, you dont have permission to discuss, MY disabilities, that's why their my disabilities!

You brought it up dickhead.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:25 PM
as a self depricating joke, and i wasnt talking to you asshole.

You have a thinking disability, mainly your an idiot

Dont talk about my disability, if i wanna discuss my own disability fine, you dont have permission so cork it bub

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:26 PM
you shouldn't talk about things that you put in your mouth

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM

Dont talk about my disability, if i wanna discuss my own disability fine, you dont have permission so cork it bub

Martin, seriously you brought that up, as an excuse. Dillo in his not so nice way, brought it up as a point, justifiably. Now you are saying, 'off limits,' unless you say so, which of course you wouldn't. Ever. Seriously, you can't have it all ways.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:30 PM
it was NOT an excuse, it was a joke!

a tongue and cheek joke

sheesh :poke:

and the key word is not so nice, i admitted, it can be used as an excuse or to explain certains behaviors and actions, what i was talking with pb though was a tongue and cheek joke

Martin, seriously you brought that up, as an excuse. Dillo in his not so nice way, brought it up as a point, justifiably. Now you are saying, 'off limits,' unless you say so, which of course you wouldn't. Ever. Seriously, you can't have it all ways.

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 08:35 PM
it was NOT an excuse, it was a joke!

a tongue and cheek joke

sheesh :poke:

and the key word is not so nice, i admitted, it can be used as an excuse or to explain certains behaviors and actions, what i was talking with pb though was a tongue and cheek joke

You are trying to play a disability both ways. I'd be surprised if it works. If you want consideration of your problem, you can't use it to excuse over the top posts. IMHO

manu1959
07-14-2008, 08:42 PM
i used to call em mocha chips......

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:43 PM
It does not excuse bad behavior.

Explaining something is not the same as condoning or excusing.

If i read about the reasons why some people bomb abortion clinics, their reasons and such does that mean im condoning their behavior?

if i read about the crusades, and see the reasons that explain why the crusaders did what i did does mean i condone their actions.

My disability is a reason I have a tougher time in social situations, it doesnt mean i get to be an asshole, nor am i claiming it is, i am saying it explains why i have trouble in social situation, my bad habits, but i have always taken responsibility on this board for what i do, and to suggest im saying that i dont is not true

You are trying to play a disability both ways. I'd be surprised if it works. If you want consideration of your problem, you can't use it to excuse over the top posts. IMHO

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 08:59 PM

You dont get it , do you? This is another social situation that you can't deal with or control. You suck up to who ever is your latest buddy and then go on a screaming ninny rant. Anyone is free to comment about your behavior if you choose to display it here and since you have ASPERGERS, YOU CAN'T HELP IT.
This ain't your private little romper room.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 09:01 PM
marteen, eventually the leader will notice these unprovoked personal slams, correct the problem, and then this board will grow. Until then, however, just have some fun whether you believe the remark was tongue in cheek or not.

I dont appreciate your BLATANT dis-respect.

I'm sorry you couldn't tell i was saying that tongue in cheek to pb, but you dont have to be an asshole about it :poke:

Just because they are idiots doesn't excuse your imitation of them, don't cha know? I know, I know. Some of their senseless horseshit gets under my skin sometimes as well and I certainly ain't a good example of message board etiquette, but I do try. It's the constant change in enforcement and favoritism that sometimes upsets me more than anything else. Don't ever call a stupid son of a bitch that just called you a stupid son of a bitch a son of a bitch, marteen. Sometimes, it gets you banned while the stupid son of a bitch that initially called you a stupid son of a bitch is allowed to continue on his merry way. Am I confusing you, marteen? I'm not confused at all and neither should you be. I've seen what has been going on.

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
marteen, eventually the leader will notice these unprovoked personal slams, correct the problem, and then this board will grow. Until then, however, just have some fun whether you believe the remark was tongue in cheek or not.

Just because they are idiots doesn't excuse your imitation of them, don't cha know? I know, I know. Some of their senseless horseshit gets under my skin sometimes as well and I certainly ain't a good example of message board etiquette, but I do try. It's the constant change in enforcement and favoritism that sometimes upsets me more than anything else. Don't ever call a stupid son of a bitch that just called you a stupid son of a bitch a son of a bitch, marteen. Sometimes, it gets you banned while the stupid son of a bitch that initially called you a stupid son of a bitch is allowed to continue on his merry way. Am I confusing you, marteen? I'm not confused at all and neither should you be. I've seen what has been going on.

True that, listen up, Martin. There is a warning here, though PB is not a mod, he's giving you good advice. (Lord help us!)

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 09:19 PM
God Bless you, kitty.

True that, listen up, Martin. There is a warning here, though PB is not a mod, he's giving you good advice. (Lord help us!)

But don't for a moment think that I've forgotten or forgiven anything, OK?

:salute::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::salute:

diuretic
07-14-2008, 09:29 PM
There's a similar disparaging remark here that some aboriginal people use in the same was as "Oreo", they call them "coconuts".

stephanie
07-14-2008, 09:33 PM

Hows it feel? Black Conservatives have been called Oreo, Uncle Tom, House Niggers for a long time..
You see now, Democrats are the worst racist there is...Live up to it, don't deny it, we've known it for a long time...you all just PRETEND that your not...
how you must hate to see this coming out into the open...:coffee:

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Oreo's, Coconut's, what's the difference?

There's a similar disparaging remark here that some aboriginal people use in the same was as "Oreo", they call them "coconuts".

They are both disparaging and uncalled for? In intelligent conversation, no. In polite conversation, however, I get it. But there are some that are not so intelligent that use it in polite conversations. Perhaps it is the confusion of the type of conversation that is the culprit here, doc?!!?!!??!???!??!?!?

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 09:44 PM

They are both disparaging and uncalled for? In intelligent conversation, no. In polite conversation, however, I get it. But there are some that are not so intelligent that use it in polite conversations. Perhaps it is the confusion of the type of conversation that is the culprit here, doc?!!?!!??!???!??!?!?

naa--it's back to the old " it's ok for some people to say some words but not for other people to say those same words ". Different races and religions have different freedoms.

stephanie
07-14-2008, 09:48 PM
really if you think about it..the Obambam is an oreo...He is half WHITE and half BLACK...

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh, God, stevie is thinking?!?!?!?!??!????!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?

really if you think about it..the Obambam is an oreo...He is half WHITE and half BLACK...

It just occurred to you, didn't it, stevie?

stephanie
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh, God, stevie is thinking?!?!?!?!??!????!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?

It just occurred to you, didn't it, stevie?

yea right, you all are trying to pawn off a mulatto, as a full fledged black man..
How sad and desperate..:lame2:

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Mullato? Oreo? Coconut? They're all the same to you aren't they, stevie?

yea right, you all are trying to pawn off a mulatto, as a full fledged black man..
How sad and desperate..:lame2:

:lame2: You suck, stevie. I bet you were popular in high school.

stephanie
07-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Mullato? Oreo? Coconut? They're all the same to you aren't they, stevie?

:lame2: You suck, stevie. I bet you were popular in high school.

Hee hee......you suck my friend...you really believe that you know all and no one knows nothing............
you try and act all intelligent and sophisticated, and you think you can fool a lot of idiots a lot of the time..

but it's the ones who can think for themselves, that you have to worry about...:laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 10:33 PM
God Bless you, kitty.

But don't for a moment think that I've forgotten or forgiven anything, OK?

:salute::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::salute:

Hey, we get each other, at least regarding this topic.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 10:33 PM
You can assume anything you'd like, stevie. You make dumbass statements about me and you think I won't respond? Sometimes you are correct. This time you misjudged.

Hee hee......you suck my friend...you really believe that you know all and no one knows nothing............
you try and act all intelligent and sophisticated, and you think you can fool a lot of idiots a lot of the time..

but it's the ones who can think for themselves, that you have to worry about...:laugh2::laugh2:

Do you have anything to say to explain your sudden display of brilliance or are you simply content to call me names and accuse me of things that you can only assume or do you have incidents and references to back yourself up?

You are exceptionally silly tonight, stevie. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

stephanie
07-14-2008, 10:34 PM
It does not excuse bad behavior.

Explaining something is not the same as condoning or excusing.

If i read about the reasons why some people bomb abortion clinics, their reasons and such does that mean im condoning their behavior?

if i read about the crusades, and see the reasons that explain why the crusaders did what i did does mean i condone their actions.

My disability is a reason I have a tougher time in social situations, it doesn't mean i get to be an asshole, nor am i claiming it is, i am saying it explains why i have trouble in social situation, my bad habits, but i have always taken responsibility on this board for what i do, and to suggest I'm saying that i dint is not true

my dear martin...we all know about you disorder..now........stop throwing up in our faces whenever there is a post that you don't like or approve of..

not many here bring up you handicap, except you....

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
you people are making me hungry with all this food talk yum :coffee:

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 10:42 PM
god forbid, i make a joke about it

my dear martin...we all know about you disorder..now........stop throwing up in our faces whenever there is a post that you don't like or approve of..

not many here bring up you handicap, except you....

Dilloduck
07-14-2008, 10:44 PM
god forbid, i make a joke about it

ya ya---and then in 5 seconds you will throw a shit fit about it. You are hungry--the solution is to go eat.

stephanie
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
You can assume anything you'd like, stevie. You make dumbass statements about me and you think I won't respond? Sometimes you are correct. This time you misjudged.

Do you have anything to say to explain your sudden display of brilliance or are you simply content to call me names and accuse me of things that you can only assume or do you have incidents and references to back yourself up?

You are exceptionally silly tonight, stevie. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Here is what you said about me.....you fool.

You suck, stevie. I bet you were popular in high school.

you need to go to bed..................and wake up and make some sense..........see ya.:poke:

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 11:00 PM
And just exactly what did I say that made you so stupid, stevie?

Here is what you said about me.....you fool.

you need to go to bed..................and wake up and make some sense..........see ya.:poke:

I still think you were a real charmer in high school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm always a real charmer.........what about you??

Do you try a charme people, or just try and be a butthead????

Psychoblues
07-15-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't try to be anything, stevie. I always maintain just being me. If you're charmed, OK. If you ain't, that's OK with me as well.

I'm always a real charmer.........what about you??

Do you try a charme people, or just try and be a butthead????

But you obviously got a lot of charming left in you, don't you? Charmin' ain't just toilet paper in your world, is it?

diuretic
07-15-2008, 01:46 AM

PB - we used to be Oreo-deprived so we had no handy icon to use as a reference, well not me, I'm Anglo-Irish-Australian and ain't about to call anyone a coconut (or anything else for that matter). So our indigenous folks settled on coconut as a disparaging term. First time I heard though I had to have it explained to me. (Anglo-Irish-Australian and thick apparently :D)

Psychoblues
07-15-2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the explanation of "coconut", doc.

PB - we used to be Oreo-deprived so we had no handy icon to use as a reference, well not me, I'm Anglo-Irish-Australian and ain't about to call anyone a coconut (or anything else for that matter). So our indigenous folks settled on coconut as a disparaging term. First time I heard though I had to have it explained to me. (Anglo-Irish-Australian and thick apparently :D)

But my question was concerning "Oreo" which I now understand to mean pretty much the same thing. Do you think Oreo's and coconuts could combine? I think it's a great cookie idea!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love chocolate, vanilla and coconut!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Anglo-Irish-German-American Indian. Am I really that out of sync?

diuretic
07-15-2008, 04:41 AM
I think we might need M&Ms PB :laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Can we drink beer with that, doc?

I think we might need M&Ms PB :laugh2:

I used to sit outside my tent in Saudi and eat a ham sandwich while I polished off a near beer. It was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!