PDA

View Full Version : Testimony of 9-11 Suspects May Damage National Security

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:20 PM
What excuse will they use next?

"Accused September 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and some of his co-defendants may have relevant evidence to offer as defense witnesses for Osama bin Laden's former chauffeur at the Guantanamo war court, a military judge said on Monday.

Prosecutors have suggested that testimony from Mohammed and the other "high-value" Guantanamo prisoners, whose words are considered classified secrets, could jeopardize U.S. national security.

The war court at the isolated U.S. naval base in southeastern Cuba heard legal motions on Monday in the case of Salim Ahmed Hamdan, who is scheduled to be the first Guantanamo prisoner to go to trial next week before the first U.S. military tribunals since World War Two.

(snip)
Navy Capt. Keith Allred, the military judge, told the two sides to try to work out how the war court could hear the testimony. He said he did not see how he could hold a fair trial without evidence from the potential witnesses......"

More: http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1441480520080714?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

It could have been simpler, couldn't it?

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
:)

What excuse will they use next?

I was just thinking the same thing :laugh2:, but to be fair i believe they should be tried in a military tribunal, and that a criminal trial will reveal secrets like in the trial against the 93 bombers

"Accused September 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and some of his co-defendants may have relevant evidence to offer as defense witnesses for Osama bin Laden's former chauffeur at the Guantanamo war court, a military judge said on Monday.

Prosecutors have suggested that testimony from Mohammed and the other "high-value" Guantanamo prisoners, whose words are considered classified secrets, could jeopardize U.S. national security.

The war court at the isolated U.S. naval base in southeastern Cuba heard legal motions on Monday in the case of Salim Ahmed Hamdan, who is scheduled to be the first Guantanamo prisoner to go to trial next week before the first U.S. military tribunals since World War Two.

(snip)
Navy Capt. Keith Allred, the military judge, told the two sides to try to work out how the war court could hear the testimony. He said he did not see how he could hold a fair trial without evidence from the potential witnesses......"

More: http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1441480520080714?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

It could have been simpler, couldn't it?

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:40 PM
The lawyers are just vying for some time, marteen. If national security is involved and the lawyers are competent neiter of us nor anyone else will ever hear about anything that may be detrimental to our so called national security.

:)

But, the smiley is cute, anyhoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on losing the excess, marteen!!!!!!!!! Hang in there, buddy!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I agree, that I not qualified to speak on national security I have no experience in any field that relates to it, but you were in the military so you are more then qualified. as for the lawyers, I think yurt should comment on how that would work, he is a lawyer.

as far as honesty, thank you sir.

I believe the truth sets you free, and i do feel like national security has been over-used, and the government should not do so.

we need transparency, not hiding.

You feel me :) dog?

The lawyers are just vying for some time, marteen. If national security is involved and the lawyers are competent neiter of us nor anyone else will ever hear about anything that may be detrimental to our so called national security.

But, the smiley is cute, anyhoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on losing the excess, marteen!!!!!!!!! Hang in there, buddy!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Don't be such a weenie, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, that I not qualified to speak on national security I have no experience in any field that relates to it, but you were in the military so you are more then qualified. as for the lawyers, I think yurt should comment on how that would work, he is a lawyer.

as far as honesty, thank you sir.

I believe the truth sets you free, and i do feel like national security has been over-used, and the government should not do so.

we need transparency, not hiding.

You feel me :) dog?

I got you covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:52 PM
And, marteen, I don't use my military experience for qualification on any subject other than to share that I do know more than many who have never served. That's it, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 07:53 PM
im lost

but thanks for understanding :laugh2:

Don't be such a weenie, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got you covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 07:54 PM
I dont like cows, I like Pussy cats :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

And, marteen, I don't use my military experience for qualification on any subject other than to share that I do know more than many who have never served. That's it, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
I like cats that can jamm, marteen!!!!!!!!!!

I dont like cows, I like Pussy cats :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

And I just LOVE Pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
I like cats that can jamm, marteen!!!!!!!!!!

And I just LOVE Pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahah, you're a blast

:clap: :clap:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Martin, we all know it was the US fault, why do you pretend otherwise? I mean that if you agree with PB, there's no other outcome. We all know at this point he'll call me kitty or some other weird nomenclature of my name, doesn't change a thing.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Awwwwwwwww, are you feeling a little left out, kitty?

Martin, we all know it was the US fault, why do you pretend otherwise? I mean that if you agree with PB, there's no other outcome. We all know at this point he'll call me kitty or some other weird nomenclature of my name, doesn't change a thing.

I've still got some pet rocks and I'll be glad to give you one if you think it would comfort you in some way.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
as i learned last night, i need to let to hear it from the horse's mouth, before i believe it. Sorry kathianne.

Besides, I dont buy that pb blames america for 9/11 unless you mean our government, who screwed up!.

its their fault it happened, but they didnt do it, it was al queda

unless youre calling pb a 9/11 doufus squad

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks, marteen. And you are correct. I have never blamed the everyday and collective citizens of America for anything. And, by God, I ain't takin' the blame either.

as i learned last night, i need to let to hear it from the horse's mouth, before i believe it. Sorry kathianne.

Besides, I dont buy that pb blames america for 9/11 unless you mean our government, who screwed up!.

And don't worry about kitty, marteen. She's been teached very wrongly but she still insists.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 08:37 PM

Of course Martin, PB is the epitome of the brilliance of American military since WWII. Anyone can see that.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:39 PM
is their a point to this thread besides anger?

I love you kath, but please take a deep breath

:salute:

Of course Martin, PB is the epitome of the brilliance of American military since WWII. Anyone can see that.

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM
is their a point to this thread besides anger?

I love you kath, but please take a deep breath

:salute:

Yeah, the point being Martin, that you've epoxied yourself with a nasty person, that makes fun of you. You pretend you don't notice, but your intelligence shines through. So why?

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:47 PM
You dont see our private conservations, and I make fun of him too

I dont sense any malice on his part, I think he likes to tease me, and when i can i rib em back :laugh2:

Yeah, the point being Martin, that you've epoxied yourself with a nasty person, that makes fun of you. You pretend you don't notice, but your intelligence shines through. So why?

manu1959
07-14-2008, 08:48 PM
they should all be shot as spies..........

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 08:49 PM
He can be a bit fiery at times, but he is like many on the board, even me, over-passionate at times,. I will say i wish more acted more like you kath.

Youre a sweet heart, and very kind and civil

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 09:07 PM
He can be a bit fiery at times, but he is like many on the board, even me, over-passionate at times,. I will say i wish more acted more like you kath.

Youre a sweet heart, and very kind and civil

Thanks for that. I wish you'd listen MORE to those that try to be kind and civil, yet you tend towards those that go just short of over the top, then you one up them.

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Why, thank you, kitty, but I wasn't born until 1950 and I didn't enter service until 1968.

I do read some history but more importantly I listen (ed) to the old soldiers that I think taught me very well. Also, I believe that I keep up with current events and the reasons/ramifications for them better than most in my particular socio/economic and literary demographic. Maybe so, maybe not. I am more concerned with truth, personal or otherwise. Dig it?

BTW, thanks for the compliment on the other thread, kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retiredman
07-14-2008, 09:51 PM

no. clearly...that would be you.

ask any of your posse!

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Clearly, mfm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no. clearly...that would be you.

ask any of your posse!

I thought I was the only one that had noticed!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 10:15 PM
There you go again, you nasty wench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you enjoy the negativities so much? Do you lack something in your life that you desperately need? Marteen is certainly as wise as you intimate yet you continue to attempt to lecture him and choose his associates. WTF is you problem, nasty wench kitty?

Kathianne
07-14-2008, 11:04 PM
There you go again, you nasty wench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you enjoy the negativities so much? Do you lack something in your life that you desperately need? Marteen is certainly as wise as you intimate yet you continue to attempt to lecture him and choose his associates. WTF is you problem, nasty wench kitty?

You mean trying to let him know your nastiness, which he ignores or misses?

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:08 PM
with all due respect that's ridicules, if i didnt associate with anyone who ever uttered a mean word on this board, I wouldnt have very many people to talk to to.

I cant change you, i cant change pb, I accept you as you are, i acccept pb as he is.

as long as you accept me as i am, and pb accept me as i am fine

youre relationship with on the board is really none of my business.

im sorry

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:09 PM
with all due respect that's ridicules, if i didnt associate with anyone who ever uttered a mean word on this board, I wouldnt have very many people to talk to to.

I cant change you, i cant change pb, I accept you as you are, i acccept pb as he is.

as long as you accept me as i am, and pb accept me as i am fine

youre relationship with on the board is really none of my business.

im sorry

why are people required to accept other people..........

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
I have discussed with pb, his personality but i cant change him.

I wish he would use a little less harsh language, but ive learned he is a very caring person, and he a very stubborn person, and trying to change him is not an option, so i let him be.

he is very nice to me, and i respect the world of him

as i do of you my dear

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I meant tolerate.

Sorry

and no one is required to do.... anything

why are people required to accept other people..........

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:12 PM
I meant tolerate.

Sorry

so am i required to tolerate people or not....

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:23 PM
so am i required to tolerate people or not....

Let me be clear, crystal clear.

You only have to tolerate people in the sense that you cant go beat up someone just because you dont like them, but you dont have to tolerate people doing things that harm you or your family

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Let me be clear, crystal clear.

You only have to tolerate people in the sense that you cant go beat up someone just because you dont like them, but you dont have to tolerate people doing things that harm you or your family

actually i can go kick the shit out of anyone i like for any reason i like.....i may have to pay the price for that choice......

and to be crystal.....i don't have to accept tollerate anything.....nor does anyone else....

Yurt
07-14-2008, 11:30 PM
actually i can go kick the shit out of anyone i like for any reason i like.....i may have to pay the price for that choice......

and to be crystal.....i don't have to accept tollerate anything.....nor does anyone else....

i don't accept or tolerate your view ;)

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I see your point, and think it is a good one, and in light of it. I actually do agree with you, yes you do have a choice, and as long as youll accept the consequence good or bad, you dont have to do anything.

Excellent post my friend, very insightful, thanks for challenging me to think

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:34 PM
i don't accept or tolerate your view ;)

you obviously have me pegged for someone that gives a flying fuck....

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:34 PM
you can fly? and fuck while you're doing it? :coffee:

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:36 PM
I see your point, and think it is a good one, and in light of it. I actually do agree with you, yes you do have a choice, and as long as youll accept the consequence good or bad, you dont have to do anything.

Excellent post my friend, very insightful, thanks for challenging me to think

and that in a nut shell is why you and pb take the fire you take.....you post ...people have the choice to respond or not and then the response can be whatever it is.....

you can not control the actions or reactions of others....

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:36 PM
you can fly? and fuck while you're doing it? :coffee:

playground swing or water.....

Yurt
07-14-2008, 11:38 PM

http://www.vonshollywood.com/images/realcover_526-777.jpg

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:40 PM
my halloween costume for this year....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

http://www.vonshollywood.com/images/realcover_526-777.jpg

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 11:42 PM
And ol' PB appreciates the toleration, marteen!!!!!!!!!!

I meant tolerate.

Sorry

The good lord knows that without it one of us would have already been dead long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:42 PM
i wont speak for anyone but me

That is true.

and a fine point

and that in a nut shell is why you and pb take the fire you take.....you post ...people have the choice to respond or not and then the response can be whatever it is.....

you can not control the actions or reactions of others....

Psychoblues
07-14-2008, 11:49 PM
And that, marteen, the bullshit as espoused by the great threat of one each m'59 is why I am so proud of my military training.

i wont speak for anyone but me

That is true.

and a fine point

He has words. Stupidass words but at minimum threats. I can take of myself, Pussycat. And I'll do my best to take care of you as well. Don't let the likes of m'59 or kitty or anyone else intimidate you in any way, marteen. They are simple shit and you are better than that.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:51 PM
you know, that is one of the most profound statements.

And ol' PB appreciates the toleration, marteen!!!!!!!!!!

The good lord knows that without it one of us would have already been dead long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know, that is one of the most profound statements.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I appreciate this post, but can you call me tiger :)

And that, marteen, the bullshit as espoused by the great threat of one each m'59 is why I am so proud of my military training.

He has words. Stupidass words but at minimum threats. I can take of myself, Pussycat. And I'll do my best to take care of you as well. Don't let the likes of m'59 or kitty or anyone else intimidate you in any way, marteen. They are simple shit and you are better than that.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:53 PM
People dont understand that yes, you tease me from time to time, and i try to tease you back, but you do care greatly about me.

and i know it, and thats what matters.

Youre very nice to me :)

:cheers2:

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:54 PM

yep i am just shit.......classy.....

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2008, 11:57 PM

I have deep respect for pb and for you.

I think your both excellent posters

manu1959
07-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I have deep respect for pb and for you.

I think your both excellent posters

yikes.......:laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Would you feel better if I called you a gwb defecation? It's all shit to me, m'59.

Or, maybe you just misinterpreted my remarks?