PDA

View Full Version : Dubai detains 79 for indecent behavior on beaches

Nukeman
07-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Dubai detains 79 for indecent behavior on beaches,

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this. A British woman is going to be possibley serving up to 6 years in jail.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D91TR700G&show_article=1

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Westerners were getting too racy on the beaches of this Persian Gulf tourist haven, and a police crackdown on topless sunbathing, nudity and other indecent behavior has resulted in 79 arrests in recent days.
Undercover officers are strolling the sand while others stand guard in new watchtowers to enforce the social mores of this Muslim city-state, which is a booming business center that is attracting growing hordes of foreign tourists.

Authorities said they began the decency campaign after police detained a British man and a woman who were allegedly having sex on one of Dubai's sprawling beaches earlier this month.

Over the past two weeks, police have detained a total of 79 people whose behavior was "disturbing families enjoying the beach," Zuhair Haroun, a spokesman for Dubai's Criminal Investigation Department, said Monday.

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Different countries have different policies. In Singapore, you can be thrown in jail for littering.
I think everyone should be aware of the laws of the country they are visiting.

Abbey Marie
07-15-2008, 11:05 AM
If these women couldn't manage to keep their tops on, or refrain from having sex in public, they should vacation elsewhere. Surely they knew how Muslims feel about such things. Idjuts.

Trigg
07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
If these women couldn't manage to keep their tops on, or refrain from having sex in public, they should vacation elsewhere. Surely they knew how Muslims feel about such things. Idjuts.

I agree, sex on the beach in a muslim country???

Next time they should just order the drink, much safer that way :laugh2:

I hope the woman doesn't get 6 years, but again, you do have to be aware of laws in other countries.

Abbey Marie
07-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I agree, sex on the beach in a muslim country???

Next time they should just order the drink, much safer that way :laugh2:

I hope the woman doesn't get 6 years, but again, you do have to be aware of laws in other countries.

Of course, the drink could lead to the sex... :laugh2:

The beach is a great place for it- especially at night.

Yurt
07-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Different countries have different policies. In Singapore, you can be thrown in jail for littering.
I think everyone should be aware of the laws of the country they are visiting.

spitting on the sidewalk also carries a big fine there...when i go to foreign countries or federations, i always make sure to know the rules...imagine being stuck in a foreign prison, espeically mexico

Abbey Marie
07-15-2008, 03:26 PM
spitting on the sidewalk also carries a big fine there...when i go to foreign countries or federations, i always make sure to know the rules...imagine being stuck in a foreign prison, espeically mexico

Or Turkey... Midnight Express.

Trigg
07-16-2008, 12:11 PM
The beach is a great place for it- especially at night.

Nope, sand in places sand should never be. Give me a nice soft bed anytime.

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Nope, sand in places sand should never be. Give me a nice soft bed anytime.

Now, Trigg, that's why God gave us showers! :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Now, Trigg, that's why God gave us showers! :laugh2:

and nice blankets. ;)

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 03:54 PM
English has overtaken Arabic as the emirate's lingua franca.

my personal favorite part of the article--(since their were no pics) :laugh2:

Is Obama embarrassed that they have to put up signs in English so Americans know what rules they are about to break ??

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Religious intolerance?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? Welcome to the reich wing of AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

Trigg
07-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Religious intolerance?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? Welcome to the reich wing of AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

:cuckoo:

Nukeman
07-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Where exactly do YOU get the religious intolerance. No one has called for the prosecution of these people to be stopped! Your such a freaking idiot. I like how YOU put words in others mouths (computer). Go back to drinking whatever it is you drink yaa drunk bastard.....

Ohh by the way it wasn't in AMERICA. retard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiberalNation
10-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Dubai: Britons get 3 months jail in sex on beach case

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081016/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_dubai_sex_on_beach;_ylt=Ah8RISaVXL.auPq1eGONhno DW7oF