PDA

View Full Version : My daughter wants a prayer rug

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 10:38 AM
My daughter has become good friends with a girl at the end of our street. They are from Pakistan and are Muslims. The girl has a prayer rug, so she can pray five times a day.
I had to explain that Christians can pray anytime and anyplace, and that having a prayer rug is one of the religious differences. I don't think she understood, though.

emmett
07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
It has become news here in North georgia that efforts to refrain from killing black bears has led to over population. They are raiding campsites, attacking children and becoming quite a nuisance. So......this year I am going to KILL one, maybe two and have me a nice bear skin rug.

I may decide to place it next to my bed so I can pray on it. Then again I may just place it in a visual place in the living room so I can brag to my friends about killing it!

Before you anti-gunners get started, I am a bow hunter.

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Will you be praying to your deer head five times a day?

Nice deflection, though.

Yurt
07-15-2008, 01:25 PM
if she wants a rug to worship satan, is that cool with you?

what if she wants a rug that says "f*ck all" on it?

retiredman
07-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I have a great prayer hand wover prayer rug that I bought from a bedouin tribesman out in the desert near Palmyra, Syria... it sits under my coffee table in my bar room... right near my neon cocktail sign.

Yurt
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I have a great prayer hand wover prayer rug that I bought from a bedouin tribesman out in the desert near Palmyra, Syria... it sits under my coffee table in my bar room... right near my neon cocktail sign.

and how do you think the muslims would appreciate your respect of their religion by placing the prayer mat such?

retiredman
07-15-2008, 01:36 PM
and how do you think the muslims would appreciate your respect of their religion by placing the prayer mat such?

the guy who sold it to me told me there was nothing sacred about the rug, only the activities that muslims DID while ON it. He told me I could use it any way I liked and he, nor any other muslim would care.

Yurt
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
the guy who sold it to me told me there was nothing sacred about the rug, only the activities that muslims DID while ON it. He told me I could use it any way I liked and he, nor any other muslim would care.

then its no longer a "prayer" rug, rather just any ol' rug :poke:

Said1
07-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I have a nice blue and white prayer rug some one gave to my daughter, recently. Actually, he gave it to her father to give to her, so I'm sure there's an interesting, yet drunken story as to how it came in to his possession.

manu1959
07-15-2008, 04:50 PM
if she wants a rug to worship satan, is that cool with you?

what if she wants a rug that says "f*ck all" on it?

she gets that when she starts dating....

Kathianne
07-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Thanks. We must be so careful not to offend.

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
As always, your hatred is drawing you off the subject. I see this as an opportunity to discuss diversity and how some people are different than others. Danielle is very inquisitive and asks a lot of questions. Many of which I can't answer.
I was pleased to learn that there is an Islamic Center in Washington, DC. They have a lot of books and such available, and you can schedule individual visits with someone who can answer questions. My daughter is very bright and I think she would get a lot out of it. :)

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:01 PM
dam, i wanna hear more about your travels

Kathianne
07-15-2008, 05:01 PM
As always, your hatred is drawing you off the subject. I see this as an opportunity to discuss diversity and how some people are different than others. Danielle is very inquisitive and asks a lot of questions. Many of which I can't answer.
I was pleased to learn that there is an Islamic Center in Washington, DC. They have a lot of books and such available, and you can schedule individual visits with someone who can answer questions. My daughter is very bright and I think she would get a lot out of it. :)

Of course you did. Here's the thing, I'd steer my students to whatever moderate muslim site I could find, but that's a hard task from the get go.

Your daughter may be very bright, I've not doubt on that. I've also no doubt that you want the best for her. Thus, you need to be very careful in where and what you give access to. She's very young, no matter how intelligent.

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Youre a fucking hypocrite, talking shit about my precious april. You hateful piece of SHIT.

Said1
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
As always, your hatred is drawing you off the subject.

Who's hatred?

Do you always use messageboards in an attempt to bolster you self-esteem?

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
oh sorry i thought you were talking to me, my mistake

Said1
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
go suck a dick bitch, i dont have time for you :fu:

Excuse moi?

manu1959
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
go suck a dick bitch, i dont have time for you :fu:

lighten up dude she was talking to gabby.....

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
oh im sorry, you were talking to gabs. Please do carry on

Im sorry :)

Mis-communication

sorry!

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Martin, does your mommy know you talk like that?

Kathianne, I get your point. When I was growing up, my parents did their best to answer all my questions. Other times, they made me look things up. That is how I became so inquisitive and questioning.
I want my daughter to embrace people of all colors, ethnicity and religious belief. She is a bit young to know the horrors of war and man's inhumanity to his fellow man. I want her to see the good that is in all people.
There are questions that I either can't answer, or can't explain to a seven-year-old girl. That is why I am looking for someone else that can explain them. :)

Said1
07-15-2008, 05:11 PM
You heard me, today is not the day to fuck with me

Whatever.

or is it this"

you were talking shit to me

Either way, you're confused.

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I realize that now, and apologized, thanks for pointing that out to me.

lighten up dude she was talking to gabby.....

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
does your daughter know her mom is a fucking dumby?

You talk about my mom or april, im talking about your family bitch, so shut you cum catcher bitch!

Kathianne, I get your point. When I was growing up, my parents did their best to answer all my questions. Other times, they made me look things up. That is how I became so inquisitive and questioning.
I want my daughter to embrace people of all colors, ethnicity and religious belief. She is a bit young to know the horrors of war and man's inhumanity to his fellow man. I want her to see the good that is in all people.
There are questions that I either can't answer, or can't explain to a seven-year-old girl. That is why I am looking for someone else that can explain them. :)

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I edited it. I am sorry

Hands you a white rose, and a card that says, im an idiot and i apoligize

Whatever.

or is it this"

Either way, you're confused.

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
The only thing i find confusing is why i cant wish oca would die a slow horrible death, lord knows he deserves it for being such a fucking prick on earth, and talking shit about april, but not even having the balls to say it outright, he has to hide it in innuendo, he is a coward.

Here that faggot, i dont hide from you, I wish you would die, youre a coward

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Martin, how do you know that April is not a Muslim?
Otherwise, go pollute someone else's thread. :D

Kathianne
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM

Gabby, I recognize that you, like my own kids did not grow up in 'war times', on the contrary you were raised under the best of peace times in modern history. Not so for your parents or myself. Our 'normal' was nuclear possible.

You must be careful to not under or over play the threats, that's all I'm saying.

waterrescuedude2000
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM

Why would you care what some worthless Jihadist thinks?? I have no respect for muslims if you aren't a muslim they dont like you and think you deserve to die! Fuck Muslims they are worthless!! If you look into their history they have been killing non muslims for centuries!

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
edited by request

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Martin dear, I don't believe Kathianne is the least bit stupid. She is one of the most intelligent members of this board. I don't usually agree with her, but I totally respect her.

Kathianne, I get what you are saying. If my daughter is going to interact with kids (and their families) who are different from her, I want her to understand them.

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:27 PM
I took it down ok?

I am sorry, i was so angry, but i had no clue it was a joke....

i wish u would have just told me, ok youre back on my good side

:)

Martin dear, I don't believe Kathianne is the least bit stupid. She is one of the most intelligent members of this board. I don't usually agree with her, but I totally respect her.

Kathianne, I get what you are saying. If my daughter is going to interact with kids (and their families) who are different from her, I want her to understand them.

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 05:29 PM
We all learn from our mistakes. Especially me, since I make a lot of them. :D

waterrescuedude2000
07-15-2008, 05:34 PM

You are pro terrorist you don't support the war on terrorism and you let your daughter hang out with a Muslim. You and your family may as well be Muslims then!!! Anti-War= :pee: Pro terrorist!!!! Muslims hate americans and any other group of people that aren't muslim

Said1
07-15-2008, 05:35 PM
You are pro terrorist you don't support the war on terrorism and you let your daughter hang out with a Muslim. You and your family may as well be Muslims then!!! Anti-War= :pee: Pro terrorist!!!! Muslims hate americans and any other group of people that aren't muslim

Oh, hey there Nevadamedic or RSR.

If i worried about keeping my daughter away from little Muslim children, she'd NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE, EVER. :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:36 PM

your sucha sweetie gabs, Love you :)

as a friend sweetie :)

waterrescuedude2000
07-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh, hey there Nevadamedic or RSR.

If i worried about keeping my daughter away from little Muslim children, she'd NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE, EVER. :laugh2:

I am not either RSR or Medic

Said1
07-15-2008, 05:39 PM
I am not either RSR or Medic

Me either. Or am I.........

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 05:40 PM
WTF? I allow my daughter to hang out with Christian kids. And they are known to kill enemies in cold blood, handle snakes, picket the funerals of American servicemen, blow up federal buildings and drown their kids in bathtubs.

If you want to teach your kids hatred, fine. I am teaching my daughter diversity, love and understanding.

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I dont think, and yeah. I know im treading a very fine line here.

this is about youre views, and I dont think you fully understand where he is coming from

this isnt about diversity or love.

its about views, and experiences

Not judging you, just trying to get u to understand

WTF? I allow my daughter to hang out with Christian kids. And they are known to kill enemies in cold blood, handle snakes, picket the funerals of American servicemen, blow up federal buildings and drown their kids in bathtubs.

If you want to teach your kids hatred, fine. I am teaching my daughter diversity, love and understanding.

waterrescuedude2000
07-15-2008, 05:43 PM

The crusades ended a long time ago the muslims have never ceased... There is only 1 group to my knowledge that pickets funerals and that would be those baptist jackasses from kentucky....

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Im sorry gabs but sometimes i wonder if you even understand the muslim threat.

The crusades ended a long time ago the muslims have never ceased... There is only 1 group to my knowledge that pickets funerals and that would be those baptist jackasses from kentucky....

Said1
07-15-2008, 05:48 PM

The Irish blew a lot of stuff and people up.........just saying.

waterrescuedude2000
07-15-2008, 05:50 PM

Maybe so but most of them have stopped so did the basques and the whole spain and france thing...

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:52 PM

but they gave us lucky charms :coffee:

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Maybe so but most of them have stopped so did the basques and the whole spain and france thing...

I agree, muslims are the threat, globally speaking.

Said1
07-15-2008, 05:58 PM

Still, it's not accurate to say that ALL are inevitably evil, murderous people who should be shot and pissed on as you would like.

waterrescuedude2000
07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Since muslims like to burn American flags maybe we should burn their prayer rugs and turbans!!!!

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Still, it's not accurate to say that ALL are inevitably evil, murderous people who should be shot and pissed on as you would like.

You cant force a man to believe what you believe or change his opinion, but i have this conversation with him, we dont agree fully, but somewhat :)

manu1959
07-15-2008, 06:01 PM

the eta has not stopped.....

waterrescuedude2000

I never said that they should all be shot and pissed on.

actsnoblemartin
Since muslims like to burn American flags maybe we should burn their prayer rugs and turbans!!!!

People just dont understand you the way i do

you gotta explain yourself a bit man :laugh2:

manu1959
07-15-2008, 06:02 PM

just rubbed with bacon and pork chops........

Said1
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM

There I go, making assumpations again. How do you think the Muslims should be dealt with - since you're all for them living and stufff?

waterrescuedude2000
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM
There I go, making assumpations again. How do you think the Muslims should be dealt with - since you're all for them living and stufff?

OK Don.

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 06:08 PM
My daughter has become good friends with a girl at the end of our street. They are from Pakistan and are Muslims. The girl has a prayer rug, so she can pray five times a day.
I had to explain that Christians can pray anytime and anyplace, and that having a prayer rug is one of the religious differences. I don't think she understood, though.

Well buy her a damn prayer rug. Why is this something you feel a need to share with everyone ??

Said1
07-15-2008, 06:08 PM
OK Don.

Good answer. I'll ponder it, do a little research, heat up the bong and post my analysis later, dude.

Sitarro
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Will you be praying to your deer head five times a day?

Nice deflection, though.

I know you are a genius in your own mind but the shit is in the details, emmett was talking about a Black Bear not a deer. The fact that you can't discern between the two species says a lot about your attention to pesky details, that makes you a perfect liberal.

Get some videos of peace loving muslims beheading such threats as Daniel Pearl, Shosei Koda, Nicholas Berg, Eugene Armstrong, Jack Hensley, Paul Johnson, Father Paulos Eskandar or hundreds of others that occur across that wonderful place called the Middle East, the home of Islam. Sometimes they go to other countries like The Netherlands to slit the throat of dangerous guys like Theo Van Gogh, after they gun him down. Maybe you could also find the stories of women being stoned to death for getting in the car of a man that isn't a relative. Then an old favorite, the one where a muslim father kills his 16 year old daughter, In Toronto, because she didn't want to wear a hijab. That would be much more valuable than some cute book on the wonders of Islam.

Yea, those prayer rugs mean a lot to those worthless shit muslims....... I would refer to them as animals but I have too much respect for animals to demean them that way.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 06:22 PM

While they are on the rug and wearing the turban

Grab your hotdogs folks!!!

07-15-2008, 06:29 PM

Then how exactly would we be any better than them?

Whats the point of the Constitution if we are going to ignore it when it comes to the free exercise of religion.

82Marine89
07-15-2008, 06:31 PM

I'm not going to read all the responses, so if it's been said sorry, but if she wants one give it to her. You can store in on the stoop in front of your house and let people wipe their feet on it.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm not going to read all the responses, so if it's been said sorry, but if she wants one give it to her. You can store in on the stoop in front of your house and let people wipe their feet on it.

or use it as dog bed, or line the bottom of a litter box

retiredman
07-15-2008, 07:59 PM
then its no longer a "prayer" rug, rather just any ol' rug :poke:

duh....ya think? :poke:

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks. We must be so careful not to offend.

when one is in a foreign culture, it makes sense to take the "if you ain't american, you ain't shit" button off of your windbreaker. when I am in someone else's country, I try VERY hard not to offend. The fact that others clearly make no such effort is what gave rise to the phrase "Ugly American"

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:04 PM
when one is in a foreign culture, it makes sense to take the "if you ain't american, you ain't shit" button off of your windbreaker. when I am in someone else's country, I try VERY hard not to offend. The fact that others clearly make no such effort is what gave rise to the phrase "Ugly American"

Why not borrow the book from your messiah. It has pictures so even you might understand it

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/varv05242008a.jpg

Kathianne
07-15-2008, 08:04 PM

Understood. At the same time, this is a US board, of coure why would that matter? All is for Allah, according to you.

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Understood. At the same time, this is a US board, of coure why would that matter? All is for Allah, according to you.

give me a link that shows where I have ever expressed that opinion or take back the insult.

I have a prayer rug. I have it under my coffee table. Someone asked me what a muslim would think about using it in that fashion and I answered them with what the bedouin had told me at the time. NOWHERE have I ever suggested any primacy to Allah.

But I am the one who has devolved into posting only insults? :lmao:

Yurt
07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
duh....ya think? :poke:

you called it a prayer rug, not me :poke:

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Why not borrow the book from your messiah. It has pictures so even you might understand it

hey RSR... have you ever lived in a foreign culture?

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
I have a prayer rug. I have it under my coffee table. Someone asked me what a muslim would think about using it in that fashion and I answered them with what the bedouin had told me at the time. NOWHERE have I ever suggested any primacy to Allah.

:

Why am I not surprised? You probably have a picture of Castro on the wall as well

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
hey RSR... have you ever lived in a foreign culture?

I live in a blue state :laugh2:

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:11 PM
you called it a prayer rug, not me :poke:

it IS a prayer rug. That is what it is called. It was woven by bedouin tribesman as a prayer rug and sold to me as a prayer rug. Or are you now an expert on that as well, counselor?

Silver
So get the kid a 'prayer rug'.....what the hell...

Get her a suicide vest to go with it....and don't forget to show her how its used....:lol:

retiredman
I live in a blue state :laugh2:

so you suggesting to me that I don't have experience in foreign cultures is really pretty stupid, isn't it?

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Why am I not surprised? You probably have a picture of Castro on the wall as well

Actually, I have a large portrait of Abraham Lincoln - by Salvador Dali - on my wall.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
so you suggesting to me that I don't have experience in foreign cultures is really pretty stupid, isn't it?

Libs like you want the US to change its culture to appease them

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Actually, I have a large portrait of Abraham Lincoln - by Salvador Dali - on my wall.

Probably when a member of your flock visits. On the flip side is Castro

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Probably when a member of your flock visits. On the flip side is Castro

do you have anything other than insults RSR?

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Libs like you want the US to change its culture to appease them

not at all. you cannot find one post by me where I ever expressed such a thought.

quit lying.

Yurt
07-15-2008, 08:20 PM
it IS a prayer rug. That is what it is called. It was woven by bedouin tribesman as a prayer rug and sold to me as a prayer rug. Or are you now an expert on that as well, counselor?

:laugh2:

Yurt: then its no longer a "prayer" rug, rather just any ol' rug

MFM: duh....ya think?

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:22 PM

"prayer" rug in qoutations certainly puts the emphasis on "prayer".

moron.

do you just HAVE to pick everything I ever say apart? you obsessive little gay weirdo!

you creep me out! really. go stalk someone else.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:23 PM
not at all. you cannot find one post by me where I ever expressed such a thought.

quit lying.

You did not say Muslim cabbies have a right not to pick up passengers with seeing eye dogs, and beer/wine

You did not say Muslim cashiers have a right not to touch pork products?

You did not support school kids being forced to take part and dress in Muslim grab as part of a school project?

You did not support a school principal vetoing the Pledge of Allegiance as not to offend Muslims?

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 08:24 PM

Get her one that flys --Alladin had one. I mean really--who gives a shit if she has one or not. My kid wants new golf clubs.. BFD !!! Amazing the number of people who will go for your shit when you decided to cause an uproar.

Yurt
07-15-2008, 08:36 PM

no quotation marks there liar

you said it twice LOL

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:41 PM
no quotation marks there liar

you said it twice LOL

The quotation marks were yours, not mine, moron. the emphasis on PRAYER was yours, not mine. I bought a prayer rug...but it is not being used as a "prayer" rug. Capice?

emmett
07-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Wow, it sure is fun to be a part of this board tonight.

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:43 PM
You did not say Muslim cabbies have a right not to pick up passengers with seeing eye dogs, and beer/wine

You did not support school kids being forced to take part and dress in Muslim grab as part of a school project?

You did not support a school principal vetoing the Pledge of Allegiance as not to offend Muslims?

none of those things suggest that I believe in Allah or place him and his religion above Christ.

oh...and arab christians dress the same way as arab muslims. :lol:

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:43 PM

The resident preacher bring a level of civility not seen since Chicago 1968

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:45 PM
The resident preacher bring a level of civility not seen since Chicago 1968

don't like it? leave...or just neg rep me again like you do every day you little fucking pussy

but be sure to NOT actually debate anything...we couldn't have you doing that!

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
don't like it? leave...or just neg rep me again like you do every day you little fucking pussy

but be sure to NOT actually debate anything...we couldn't have you doing that!

I rest my case. The preacher is getting ready for another sermon from the Book of Screams and Rants

You failed to answer the questions I asked a few posts ago. Your silence is very telling preacher man

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
none of those things suggest that I believe in Allah or place him and his religion above Christ.

You failed to answer the question (nothing new)

It shows how they are demanding WE change our culture to appease them

Yurt
07-15-2008, 08:49 PM

so arab christian women wear the same thing as arab muslim women? or is that only in arab lands? i don't know, but i am positive that arab christian women are not required to wear the same clothing as muslims. and btw, it is not just arab muslim women mfm, it is all muslim women.

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I rest my case. The preacher is getting ready for another sermon from the Book of Screams and Rants

You failed to answer the questions I asked a few posts ago. Your silence is very telling preacher man

You did not say Muslim cabbies have a right not to pick up passengers with seeing eye dogs, and beer/wine.
a cabbie has a right to turn down any fare he choses.

they have the right to not touch the product. If their employer makes it clear that touching pork is part of the job, they can quit or they can wear rubber gloves I guess

You did not support school kids being forced to take part and dress in Muslim grab as part of a school project? the garb was arab garb and not muslim garb.

You did not support a school principal vetoing the Pledge of Allegiance as not to offend Muslims? asking a muslim child to pledge allegiance to the Christian God is not appropriate. If a school has a large muslim population, such a step might very well be appropriate...or, perhaps, merely say the pledge without the "under God" which was how it was originally written anyway

retiredman
07-15-2008, 08:53 PM
so arab christian women wear the same thing as arab muslim women? or is that only in arab lands? i don't know, but i am positive that arab christian women are not required to wear the same clothing as muslims. and btw, it is not just arab muslim women mfm, it is all muslim women.
the school project had kids wearing arab apparel. kids wear christian apparel every other day of the fucking school year.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
You did not say Muslim cabbies have a right not to pick up passengers with seeing eye dogs, and beer/wine.
a cabbie has a right to turn down any fare he choses.

they have the right to not touch the product. If their employer makes it clear that touching pork is part of the job, they can quit or they can wear rubber gloves I guess

You did not support school kids being forced to take part and dress in Muslim grab as part of a school project? the garb was arab garb and not muslim garb.

You did not support a school principal vetoing the Pledge of Allegiance as not to offend Muslims? asking a muslim child to pledge allegiance to the Christian God is not appropriate. If a school has a large muslim population, such a step might very well be appropriate...or, perhaps, merely say the pledge without the "under God" which was how it was originally written anyway

So we have to chage to ap[pease them. Why am I not surprised an appeaser like you wants to drop his pants, grab his ankles for the Muslims

A cabbie can't turn down the fares because of a seeing eye dog or a customer with legal items

A cashier's job is to ring up purchases

A principal can't 86 the Pkledge because some thin skined Muslim may or may not be offended

They came to America - they can leave if they don't like it here

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
the school project had kids wearing arab apparel. kids wear christian apparel every other day of the fucking school year.

Jeans and Che t-shirts are christian apparel ??? :laugh2:

retiredman
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
So we have to chage to ap[pease them. Why am I not surprised an appeaser like you wants to drop his pants, grab his ankles for the Muslims

A cabbie can't turn down the fares because of a seeing eye dog or a customer with legal items

A cashier's job is to ring up purchases

A principal can;t 86 the Pkledge because some thin skined Muslim may or mat not be offended

They came to America - they can leave if they don't like it here

a cabbie can turn down anyone he wants to. If the cab company wants to fire him, they can.

I agree about the cashier..and stated so.

A principal can certainly decide not to have his students not say the pledge. If parents are pissed off enough, they'll get him fired.

and the school project is no big deal...as I said...kids where "Christian" attire every day. lol

retiredman
07-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Jeans and Che t-shirts are christian apparel ??? :laugh2:

are the kids who are wearing them Christians? then I would say, yes.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
a cabbie can turn down anyone he wants to. If the cab company wants to fire him, they can.

I agree about the cashier..and stated so.

A principal can certainly decide not to have his students not say the pledge. If parents are pissed off enough, they'll get him fired.

and the school project is no big deal...as I said...kids where "Christian" attire every day. lol

The appeaser strikes again. The Muslim cabbie cant turn down a fare with a disablity, (the airports said they would be fired) and the principal did back down after protest from pissed off parents

The school kids were FORCED to dress as Abarbs and Muslims, Typical way libs handle things

Dismissed Mr Appeaser

retiredman
07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
oh yurt..and by the way...most ARAB muslim women do not wear the burka, but only some form of head covering...the rest of their attire is, in most instances, very westernized.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
oh yurt..and by the way...most ARAB muslim women do not wear the burka, but only some form of head covering...the rest of their attire is, in most instances, very westernized.

and if they get caught they get the hell beat out them in the streets. I have seen the video

Yet libs are very silent about that fact. Where is the NOW gang when women need them?

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM

:laugh2: you said the APPAREL was Christian. :lame2:

retiredman
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM

what would you call the apparel worn by Christians?

if you are going to call apparel worn by muslims "muslim apparel"?

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 09:16 PM

The lengths you will go to is astounding. How fucking lame can you get trying to tell me that kids wear christian attire to school. Wearing jeans and a t-shirt is Christian attire. :rolleyes:

red states rule
07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
The lengths you will go to is astounding. How fucking lame can you get trying to tell me that kids wear christian attire to school. Wearing jeans and a t-shirt is Christian attire. :rolleyes:

You have a firm grasp on the obvious Dilloduck

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 09:20 PM
You have a firm grasp on the obvious Dilloduck

I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but that one takes the cake. " Look--a dude wearing jeans and a t-shirt--obviously a Christian." :laugh2::laugh2:

red states rule
07-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but that one takes the cake. " Look--a dude wearing jeans and a t-shirt--obviously a Christian." :laugh2::laugh2:

Like Martin, you will learn in time you are wasting your time

Yurt
07-15-2008, 09:46 PM

:link: care to provide a link to back up your claims?

and what is christian apparel? :poke: you do realize islam mandates certain clothing for the women and certain clothing decency for the men? i mean, you supposedly met them.

and mfm, i never said burka did i....more strawman false arguments from you

manu1959
07-15-2008, 09:48 PM

levis invented by ......

t shirts invented by........

uh....jews and arabs so hardly christian.....

Sitarro
07-15-2008, 09:50 PM

Hey Emmett,
A Black Bear with a bow????? You're either crazy as shit or you possess balls of titanium......... very impressive. I don't hunt but have a great admiration for bow hunters, you guys are the real thing. Down here the guys that call themselves hunters are more like "harvesters". They buy an automatic feeder and a bunch of corn and feed the deer everyday at the same time all year. They then go out and sit in a stand they bought from a "sporting goods" store and wait for the feeding time while getting drunk. When the deer come to eat the corn they have grown to trust would be there each day, the drunk hunter takes his or her expensive high powered rifle and blows one away from a few yards. Then they get their illegal Mexican to dress it and bring it back to their ultra decked out "off road looking" vehicle that never leaves the pavement...... harvesting, just like wheat.

What about turkey, I have heard they are quite a challenge for a bow hunter?

Yurt
07-15-2008, 09:56 PM
levis invented by ......

t shirts invented by........

uh....jews and arabs so hardly christian.....

are you sure al gore didn't invent those

manu1959
07-15-2008, 10:04 PM
are you sure al gore didn't invent those

didn't al have 8 years in charge and pretty much did nothing......

Yurt
07-15-2008, 10:14 PM
didn't al have 8 years in charge and pretty much did nothing......

dry cleaning?

red states rule
07-15-2008, 10:17 PM
dry cleaning?

If Bill would have kept a container of Spray and Wash in the Oval Office, Al may have won

manu1959
07-15-2008, 10:18 PM
If Bill would have kept a container of Spray and Wash in the Oval Office, Al may have won

tipper should have taught her to swallow....

red states rule
07-15-2008, 10:21 PM
tipper should have taught her to swallow....

that was MFM's job

but he did a poor job training her :laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 10:28 PM
dry cleaning?

Now I'm really confused---is a blue dress Christian attire and if it is, what in the hell was Monica doing with it ?? :laugh2:

retiredman
07-15-2008, 10:47 PM
I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but that one takes the cake. " Look--a dude wearing jeans and a t-shirt--obviously a Christian." :laugh2::laugh2:do Christians in America HAVE some sort of distinguishable attire that kids could wear on Christian awareness day? yes or no?

retiredman
07-15-2008, 10:49 PM
:link: care to provide a link to back up your claims?

and what is christian apparel? :poke: you do realize islam mandates certain clothing for the women and certain clothing decency for the men? i mean, you supposedly met them.

and mfm, i never said burka did i....more strawman false arguments from you

exactly. what is christian apparel? Do children in America-a nation that is overwhelmingly christian- NEED to be educated about "christian" culture?

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
do Christians in America HAVE some sort of distinguishable attire that kids could wear on Christian awareness day? yes or no?

according to you--jeans and a t-shirt !!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

retiredman
07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
according to you--jeans and a t-shirt !!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

and according to YOU?

or don't you HAVE an answer?:dance:

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 11:04 PM
and according to YOU?

or don't you HAVE an answer?:dance:

I'm still laughing my ass off at "Christian Awareness Week " !!!! :lmao::lmao:

please--stop :lmao:

retiredman
07-15-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm still laughing my ass off at "Christian Awareness Week " !!!! :lmao::lmao:

please--stop :lmao:

let me know when you've stopped peeing in your pants and changed your depends and are ready to answer my question. I'll wait.

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 11:08 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/e6ovuq.jpg

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 11:13 PM
let me know when you've stopped peeing in your pants and changed your depends and are ready to answer my question. I'll wait.

oh my--the bad ass routine---" I'll wait "

"Hey honey--throw our Christian garb in the washer--next Tues. is Christian Awareness Day " :lmao:

red states rule
07-15-2008, 11:16 PM

"Hey honey--throw our Christian garb in the washer--next Tues. is Christian Awareness Day " :lmao:

:laugh2::laugh2::clap::clap:

You are on a roll Dilloduck

Dilloduck
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::clap::clap:

You are on a roll Dilloduck

*looks around and can't find halo or wings* :laugh2:

Yurt
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
do Christians in America HAVE some sort of distinguishable attire that kids could wear on Christian awareness day? yes or no?

christian awareness day???

and kindly provide the link about arab apparel, i think the story is about students being forced to wear muslim apparel. until you provide a link to support the arab apparel, i will have to assume you are wrong because of your refusal to provide the link.

exactly. what is christian apparel? Do children in America-a nation that is overwhelmingly christian- NEED to be educated about "christian" culture?

:lol:

you already admitted that in arab countries the apparel worn by them is westernized...and what the hell does christian have to do with it? you again ignore statements because you know you are wrong.

muslims (women) are mandated to wear certain clothes...christians are to be modest, not wear the hijab :poke:

stephanie
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
*looks around and can't find halo or wings* :laugh2:

I have an extra set, you wanna borrow them?:wink2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 06:02 AM

the point being: most children in America live in families that profess to be Christian. There is no need to "educate" them about the culture of a Christian country or to show them what Christians "wear". To have a day that was designed to heighten their awareness of arab culture and Islam is NOT giving preference to Islam over Christianity. It is a learning experience. That is NOT a bad thing.

82Marine89
07-16-2008, 07:33 AM
the point being: most children in America live in families that profess to be Christian. There is no need to "educate" them about the culture of a Christian country or to show them what Christians "wear". To have a day that was designed to heighten their awareness of arab culture and Islam is NOT giving preference to Islam over Christianity. It is a learning experience. That is NOT a bad thing.

It is when the religion is based on eradicating other religions.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:51 AM
It is when the religion is based on eradicating other religions.

modern day muslims do not believe that, except for a relatively small number of extremists.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:11 AM
modern day muslims do not believe that, except for a relatively small number of extremists.

Like liberals, 99% of muslims give the rest a bad name

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 09:02 AM

Maybe all the muslim kids could be taken to church and go through a pretend baptism and a communion or two so they could learn about Christians. Or even better, a synagogue. It would be a learning experience--not a bad thing.
At the very least someone could explain to them that contrary to poular belief, jeans and t-shirts are not Christian attire. :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Maybe all the muslim kids could be taken to church and go through a pretend baptism and a communion or two so they could learn about Christians. Or even better, a synagogue. It would be a learning experience--not a bad thing.
At the very least someone could explain to them that contrary to poular belief, jeans and t-shirts are not Christian attire. :laugh2:

I think that would be a great idea. And Jeans and t-shirts are worn by Christians, aren't they? Do you want to discuss this or just jab at me? Let me know.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:53 AM
99% of muslims give the rest a bad name

how would you know that? you've never even been near a muslim country.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:56 AM
how would you know that? you've never even been near a muslim country.

Never. That is one reason I am still breathing :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Never. That is one reason I am still breathing :laugh2:

so answer my question then.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:59 AM
so answer my question then.

Having trouble reading again?

try www.hop.com

They use small words so even you will understand

Yurt
07-16-2008, 10:00 AM
christian awareness day???

and kindly provide the link about arab apparel, i think the story is about students being forced to wear muslim apparel. until you provide a link to support the arab apparel, i will have to assume you are wrong because of your refusal to provide the link.

:lol:

you already admitted that in arab countries the apparel worn by them is westernized...and what the hell does christian have to do with it? you again ignore statements because you know you are wrong.

muslims (women) are mandated to wear certain clothes...christians are to be modest, not wear the hijab :poke:

that mfm continues to fail to produce a link proving this alleged story that children were forced to wear "arab" clothing and not "muslim" clothing as i believe the case to be leads me to believe mfm lied about the story or is wrong and as usual refuses to be honest about being wrong and admit that the story is really about forcing kids to wear muslim apparel and not simply a cultural day regarding "arab" apparel.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:03 AM
that mfm continues to fail to produce a link proving this alleged story that children were forced to wear "arab" clothing and not "muslim" clothing as i believe the case to be leads me to believe mfm lied about the story or is wrong and as usual refuses to be honest about being wrong and admit that the story is really about forcing kids to wear muslim apparel and not simply a cultural day regarding "arab" apparel.

Here you go Yurt

NH Paper: Celebrating 'Open Tent' Day -- Kids Dress Like Arabs
By Warner Todd Huston (Bio | Archive)
May 31, 2008 - 16:46 ET

Only in the west can one see a school that hosts a day when school children are encouraged to dress like, act like, and "learn about" those trying to kill them and all in a day that the country is in the midst of war. And only in the west would the media help celebrate such an outrageous example of support for what, in truth, are our enemies.

On May 9, the kids of the Amherst Middle School in Amherst, New Hampshire, were forced to parade about their school dressed as "Saudi Arabians" so that they could "learn from people around the world" in a happy day of multiculturalism. But, what they ended up being taught was the wholly sanitized version of how wonderful Saudi society is instead of the truth.

Sadly, the Milford (NH) Cabinet, a small newspaper group in the Granite State, is full of uncritical praise and wonder at the multicultural extravaganza forced upon these children unawares. Worse, they didn't do any reporting on how this day of appeasement came to be held.

For one night, on May 9, the quaint colonial town of Amherst, New Hampshire, was transformed into a Saudi Arabian Bedouin tent community, with the help of 80 seventh-graders at the Amherst Middle School. The weather cooperated, providing 85 degree temperatures to give an authentic Saudi feel to the evening.

And what was this exercise in sympathy for our enemies supposed to do for the community?

The “open tent” was created to encourage participants to reach out and learn from people around the world, and to promote curiosity and cultural understanding.

One wonders if Amherst Middle School dressed up their kids like Imperial Japanese soldiers and had them learn about Shintoism during WWII? Somehow, I'd bet not.

So, what did everyone learn? They learned that being a Saudi was fun and that it is cool to act like one. But, they didn't really learn much of any use and they certainly didn't learn anything in context.

Still, even what they did learn is disturbing. Here are a few of the things the paper outlined.

During the check-in, guests selected a traditional Arabic name for their name badge and completed an actual Saudi customs form, which warned in bold letters “Death for Drug Trafficking ” at the top.

...as the traditions of Saudi Arabia at this time prevent women from participating in these public roles.

Seventh-grade girls hosted the hijab and veil stations, where other female guests learned how to wear the required head covering and veils. An antique trunk full of black abayas worn by women, and white thobes worn by the men, were available for guests to try on.

An Islamic religion station included a Muslim prayer rug with a compass imbedded in it to locate Mecca, readings on the Islamic faith, call to prayer items and prayer beads.

So, this school taught these children to be accepting and tolerant of excluding women, forcing them to hide behind a veil, and were told that the Muslim religion was something they should try on for fun?

Wonderful.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/05/31/nh-paper-celebrating-open-tent-day-kids-dress-arabs

and

http://www.cabinet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/MILFORD01/70531004/-1/Milford01

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:07 AM

I didn't post the initial story...I think RSR did. It was months ago. I suggest that you ask him. And do you really think that the children were FORCED to wear clothing that they did not want to wear? The story had photgraphs.... the kids looked like the shepherds from a Christmas pageant nativity scene. They were smiling from ear to ear. It was a day to gain awareness about a different culture. By all accounts, they had a fun day and it was a learning experience. Is that really something that you think we need to get all up in arms about as a society? really? Aren't there more important hills to chose to die on?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I didn't post the initial story...I think RSR did. It was months ago. I suggest that you ask him. And do you really think that the children were FORCED to wear clothing that they did not want to wear? The story had photgraphs.... the kids looked like the shepherds from a Christmas pageant nativity scene. They were smiling from ear to ear. It was a day to gain awareness about a different culture. By all accounts, they had a fun day and it was a learning experience. Is that really something that you think we need to get all up in arms about as a society? really? Aren't there more important hills to chose to die on?

They WERE forced. Which is how libs push their agenda on kids who do not know any better

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:13 AM
They WERE forced. Which is how libs push their agenda on kids who do not know any better

like I said...the kids in the accompanying photgraphs didn't look like they were having a bad time...and the article, to the best of my recollection did not say that any child who voiced a concern about wearing arab or muslim attire was forced to wear the attire against their will.

Yurt
07-16-2008, 10:14 AM

as usual, you don't know what you are talking about...you make a claim and can't back it up...typical...and you made the claim YOU ask him :poke:

i think probably it is because you don't know the difference between arab and muslim and you are wrong and won't be honest and admit it

and using your logic, if you are wrong, you would be a liar

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:15 AM
like I said...the kids in the accompanying photgraphs didn't look like they were having a bad time...and the article, to the best of my recollection did not say that any child who voiced a concern about wearing arab or muslim attire was forced to wear the attire against their will.

I have seen vido of concentration camps, and there were prisoners greeting the new arrivals and they were smiling. Even a band playing

These are kids who were at the mercy of liberal teachers and administrators foring their liberalim down their throats

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:16 AM
I have seen vido of concentration camps, and there were prisoners greeting the new arrivals and they were smiling. Even a band playing

These are kids who were at the mercy of liberal teachers and administrators foring their liberalim down their throats

so...you got nothing?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:20 AM
so...you got nothing?

You can read can't you? The first sentence says the kids were FORCED

That is how libs operate. They force their views on people - it is for their own good and for the common good

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:22 AM

That is how libs operate. They force their views on people - it is for their own good and for the common good

do you have that link?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:23 AM
do you have that link?

I guess you can't read after all

Post 141

On May 9, the kids of the Amherst Middle School in Amherst, New Hampshire, were forced to parade about their school dressed as "Saudi Arabians" so that they could "learn from people around the world" in a happy day of multiculturalism. But, what they ended up being taught was the wholly sanitized version of how wonderful Saudi society is instead of the truth.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:31 AM

this is incorrect. The FIRST sentence indicates that they were ENCOURAGED. And nothing in the article indicates that any child had anything but a great time learning!

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:33 AM
this is incorrect. The FIRST sentence indicates that they were ENCOURAGED.

Did you bother to read the snip shithead, or are you trying to lie your way out of saying the kids were not forced

They were forced and all your lies and spin can't change that facts

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Did you bother to read the snip shithead, or are you trying to lie your way out of saying the kids were not forced

They were forced and all your lies and spin can't change that facts

first sentence:

Only in the west can one see a school that hosts a day when school children are encouraged to dress like, act like, and "learn about" those trying to kill them and all in a day that the country is in the midst of war.

there is no LIE there at all. That is the first sentence

Yurt
07-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Seventh-grade girls hosted the hijab and veil stations, where other female guests learned how to wear the required head covering and veils. An antique trunk full of black abayas worn by women, and white thobes worn by the men, were available for guests to try on.

An Islamic religion station included a Muslim prayer rug with a compass imbedded in it to locate Mecca, readings on the Islamic faith, call to prayer items and prayer beads.

so it was about islam, because not everyone in SA wears the hijab etc... i guess mfm doesn't know what he is talking when speaking of christian arabs and christian apparel :laugh2:

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:57 AM
first sentence:

Only in the west can one see a school that hosts a day when school children are encouraged to dress like, act like, and "learn about" those trying to kill them and all in a day that the country is in the midst of war.

there is no LIE there at all. That is the first sentence

Hey liar - stop ignoring this

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:06 AM
I think that would be a great idea. And Jeans and t-shirts are worn by Christians, aren't they? Do you want to discuss this or just jab at me? Let me know.

get honest--when ANYONE goes to a store and buys jeans they won't find them in the "Christian attire" department. Muslims are NOT subjected to the horror of having to see Americans walking around in Christian attire. They are called clothes and have to religious significance whatsoever.

Here is your quote

kids wear christian apparel every other day of the fucking school year

It's absurd. Just admit you were a desperate dumbass trying to make a point and had a train wreck.

Yurt
07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
get honest--when ANYONE goes to a store and buys jeans they won't find them in the "Christian attire" department. Muslims are NOT subjected to the horror of having to see Americans walking around in Christian attire. They are called clothes and have to religious significance whatsoever.

Here is your quote

It's absurd. Just admit you were a desperate dumbass trying to make a point and had a train wreck.

click the link and you can see that the fashion industry even understands that "christian apparel" means identifying the jeans/shirts/ties with christian "slogans"

http://www.adifferentdirection.com/

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 12:02 PM
click the link and you can see that the fashion industry even understands that "christian apparel" means identifying the jeans/shirts/ties with christian "slogans"

http://www.adifferentdirection.com/

Right-- a T-shirt is jsut a T-shirt until someone writes "I love Jesus" all over it. Hwo about Christian jeans and tennis shoes? What do they look like ?

midcan5
07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Get her a prayer or rug or have her pick one out. Nothing in the world wrong with that. Remember when used to play cowboys and Indians, or superman, or soldiers, the imaginative life creates a child who can think about things from different perspectives. Narrow minded people lack that education.

here's a site for some of the lonely people on DP.

http://www.muslima.com/

retiredman
07-16-2008, 12:19 PM

Here is your quote

it was said tongue in cheek. I really didn't expect you to take it quite as seriously as you did. I made my points about that school project and I expressed my opinions of it. I really have no desire to get wrapped around the axle about such a meaningless little phrase...but clearly YOU do. Please feel free to proceed without me.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Get her a prayer or rug or have her pick one out. Nothing in the world wrong with that. Remember when used to play cowboys and Indians, or superman, or soldiers, the imaginative life creates a child who can think about things from different perspectives. Narrow minded people lack that education.

here's a site for some of the lonely people on DP.

http://www.muslima.com/

Libs do not want kids to play cowboys and Indians - to racist

Libs do not want kids to play war - to violent

The only imaginative life libs want kids to live is the one whwere liberalsim works and makes there life better

red states rule
07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
it was said tongue in cheek. I really didn't expect you to take it quite as seriously as you did. I made my points about that school project and I expressed my opinions of it. I really have no desire to get wrapped around the axle about such a meaningless little phrase...but clearly YOU do. Please feel free to proceed without me.

We all know the truth is meaningless to you :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 12:27 PM
again... are you EVER going to discuss anything of substance or is it really only going to be sniping insults at every turn?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 12:29 PM
again... are you EVER going to discuss anything of substance or is it really only going to be sniping insults at every turn?

What insults? Or is the truth and insult to you?

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 01:16 PM

The only imaginative life libs want kids to live is the one whwere liberalsim works and makes there life better

Great post, Red.

Sitarro
07-16-2008, 01:56 PM

I thought religion wasn't allowed in public schools, I know you call it culture but really, what is the difference with those asswipes? If I had kids, I wouldn't want some Muslim loving "teachers" spreading that crap to my kid just like they don't want Christianity or Judaism taught in school. What next, dress up as Buddist Monks day?

Yurt
07-16-2008, 01:59 PM

translation:

i screwed but am not honest enough to admit it, though i defended the christian apparel earlier, i will now say it is "tongue in cheek"

yeah, thats it

retiredman
07-16-2008, 02:15 PM
translation:

i screwed but am not honest enough to admit it, though i defended the christian apparel earlier, i will now say it is "tongue in cheek"

yeah, thats it

no. translation: it was tongue in cheek. What does "Christian apparel" mean? It means the clothes that Christians wear. Do we need to teach a bunch of Christian children what Christians wear? Of course not.

but DO keep it up, if this gives you any sense of reward.

manu1959
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM

or tag....because someone is it....

or dodge ball....too violent....

no jump ropes .... kids tie each other up ....does teach tollerance of s+m though.....

no grades......someone will end up feeling bad about themselves.....

Yurt
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
no. translation: it was tongue in cheek. What does "Christian apparel" mean? It means the clothes that Christians wear. Do we need to teach a bunch of Christian children what Christians wear? Of course not.

but DO keep it up, if this gives you any sense of reward.

i call bullcrap, you were quite serious

kids wear christian apparel every other day of the fucking school year

its like shooting fish in a barrel, but its getting too easy, bored....

Little-Acorn
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
and that having a prayer rug is one of the religious differences. I don't think she understood, though.

You might ask her if she would like to wear dingly black clothing that covers her from head to toe with only her eyes visible, every waking hour. And risk the death penalty for being found in a room alone with a man and no other chaperones, for the rest of her childhood AND ADULT life.

These are also some of the religious differences.

We must respect diversity, I hear. Respecting diversity starts with identifyig our differences, doesn't it?

retiredman
07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
actually yurt...it was all tongue in cheek. there really is no such thing as "Christian apparel", is there? that is why I asked the question of dillo: do Christians in America HAVE some sort of distinguishable attire that kids could wear on Christian awareness day? yes or no? You can continue to follow me around picking my posts apart and questioning my integrity if you like. I would prefer that you did not...and I wonder what sort of gratification you really receive from it all... but go for it, if you must.

mrg666
07-16-2008, 03:19 PM
actually yurt...it was all tongue in cheek. there really is no such thing as "Christian apparel", is there? that is why I asked the question of dillo: do Christians in America HAVE some sort of distinguishable attire that kids could wear on Christian awareness day? yes or no? You can continue to follow me around picking my posts apart and questioning my integrity if you like. I would prefer that you did not...and I wonder what sort of gratification you really receive from it all... but go for it, if you must.

shut up :laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 03:37 PM

ahhhh tongue in cheek now is it ? Great backpeddling--is it an Olympic sport this year in Beijing? :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 03:39 PM
ahhhh tongue in cheek now is it ? Great backpeddling--is it an Olympic sport this year in Beijing? :laugh2:
did you really think that it was anything OTHER than tongue in cheek when I suggested that kids wear "Christian attire" every day?

you guys are so hell bent on gotcha games, nobody ever has a cordial debate on issues anymore.

Yurt
07-16-2008, 03:44 PM

:lmao:

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 03:48 PM
did you really think that it was anything OTHER than tongue in cheek when I suggested that kids wear "Christian attire" every day?

you guys are so hell bent on gotcha games, nobody ever has a cordial debate on issues anymore.

Ya--I'm positive it wasn't tongue in cheek. You were desperately trying to tell us how oppressed the poor little muslim kids were and defending their right to have a religious day at school. The even have to look at kids wearing "Christian apparel"---every day. And you bet--I'll play gotcha everytime someone tries to feed me a line of shit. ( took you a long time to come up with that "tongue in cheek" defense tho. ) :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 03:50 PM

That's what emoticons are for.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Ya--I'm positive it wasn't tongue in cheek. You were desperately trying to tell us how oppressed the poor little muslim kids were and defending their right to have a religious day at school. The even have to look at kids wearing "Christian apparel"---every day. And you bet--I'll play gotcha everytime someone tries to feed me a line of shit. ( took you a long time to come up with that "tongue in cheek" defense tho. ) :laugh2:

there weren't any muslim kids at that school. This was never about equal treatment for muslim students. I never even suggested such a position. This was about the innocence of a middle eastern cultural fair as a learning experience for middle school students. Did you even read the original article? Did you see the pictures of the kids grinning from ear to ear dressed up like shepherds at a Christmas pageant? I pointed out that kids don't need a cultural fair to learn about Christian culture because they LIVE in a Christian culture. They had a big tent.... fourteen or so different booths...one had the Koran, one was about food, one was about dancing...one was about attire...it was harmless. It was a fun day for the kids but the right wing loonies want to make some giant federal case out of it.

Look...I don't have to defend my posts. I am carrying on a conversation in a medium not all that well suited for real time conversations. Keep playing games. I tried to make a point and you missed it. I'm sorry for that.

manu1959
07-16-2008, 04:00 PM
yummy christian attire.......

retiredman
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
That's what emoticons are for.

which one would you suggest that I ought to have used to add "emotion" to my post and avoid this confusion? Is there a tongue in cheek emoticon?

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
yummy christian attire.......

I'm going to have to defer to MSM, the resident expert of Christian attire. She just looks plain hot to me.

manu1959
07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm going to have to defer to MSM, the resident expert of Christian attire. She just looks plain hot to me.

well she ain't in a black trash bag so that makes it christian....

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
which one would you suggest that I ought to have used to add "emotion" to my post and avoid this confusion? Is there a tongue in cheek emoticon?

There's no confusion--you tried to convince us that muslims are forced to look at Christian attire.

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 04:05 PM
well she ain't in a black trash bag so that makes it christian....

sounds good to me !!! All the nuns will be wearing it soon I bet. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM
WOW---that's it----we can send a flock of nuns to all the madrassas and every muslim child would have a chance to wear a habit !!!!!!!!!!! Now there's a learning experience even I haven't had !!!!! You aren't opposed to learning experiences are you MFM ?

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 04:16 PM

Whichever one best expresses your intent. They are all over the net.

Yurt
07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
gabby,

do you have a personal line where you would not let your daughter experience or try another religion etc...?

Yurt
07-16-2008, 04:30 PM

;) <--- i use that one for tongue in cheek

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 04:34 PM
;) <--- i use that one for tongue in cheek

That's a good choice. Even a simple "j/k" works. :)

Said1
07-16-2008, 04:49 PM

Maybe they have extra big crucifixes on a large gold chain? Or "Jesus is just alright with me" t-shits. T-shirts with international anit-abortion logos? There's lots of visual items a person can where that does identify them as a Christian. Hell, I know old ladies who walk around 24/7 with their Rosarie Beads praying to Virgin Mary and St. Tim. :laugh2:

red states rule
07-16-2008, 05:45 PM

Your lies are becoming mre laughable as your situation becomes more desperate. Yet you keep coming back for more :laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Maybe they have extra big crucifixes on a large gold chain? Or "Jesus is just alright with me" t-shits. T-shirts with international anit-abortion logos? There's lots of visual items a person can where that does identify them as a Christian. Hell, I know old ladies who walk around 24/7 with their Rosarie Beads praying to Virgin Mary and St. Tim. :laugh2:

And you feel terribly violated by all these expression of Christianity ?? Cmon Said----we aint talking about people walking around in altar boy robes to school here. We're talknig about plain old vanilla jeans which I have NEVER heard described as Christian apparel.

Said1
07-16-2008, 06:46 PM
And you feel terribly violated by all these expression of Christianity ?? Cmon Said----we aint talking about people walking around in altar boy robes to school here. We're talknig about plain old vanilla jeans which I have NEVER heard described as Christian apparel.

I didn't say I felt terribly violated. :shurg:

Yurt
07-16-2008, 07:06 PM

hey, i found out mfm is right, there are christian jeans

http://pic.exportclothes.com/images/upfile/2008371856267480.jpg

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:11 PM
hey, i found out mfm is right, there are christian jeans

http://pic.exportclothes.com/images/upfile/2008371856267480.jpg

Is this christian clothes as well Yurt? It is also made by Dior

http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/web/150267879701_1_0_1.jpg

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:16 PM
There's no confusion--you tried to convince us that muslims are forced to look at Christian attire.

I am confused as to how you could have possibly come to that conclusion since I never once mentioned muslim children in any way or ever said one word about muslims being forced to look at anything. But if you want to make a big deal out of this - and obviously you do - have fun.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:17 PM

I prefer to use words, actually.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I am confused .

Finally! You told the truth!!!!!

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:20 PM

To bad they are words out of the gutter

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:23 PM
To bad they are words out of the gutter

I actually don't mind not using words out of the gutter...especially when the person I am conversing with treats ME with some degree of respect...something you have never done with me....

not that I mind...I don't...but it does tend to color my responses somewhat when the person that I am talking to has called me a traitor and questioned my patriotism nonstop for two years.

and I know that I have said equally terrible things to you.... but I, unlike you, have apologized for them.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I actually don't mind not using words out of the gutter...especially when the person I am conversing with treats ME with some degree of respect...something you have never done with me....

not that I mind...I don't...but it does tend to color my responses somewhat when the person that I am talking to has called me a traitor and questioned my patriotism nonstop for two years.

and I know that I have said equally terrible things to you.... but I, unlike you, have apologized for them.

Very unusal for a preacher - if you are one

Which is becoming more doubtful with each passing day

Another strange thing for a preacher, you apologize for your terrible things then repeat them

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Very unusal for a preacher - if you are one

Which is becoming more doubtful with each passing day

Another strange thing for a preacher, you apologize for your terrible things then repeat them

I apologized. which is more than you have done. my conscience is clear.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:33 PM
I apologized. which is more than you have done. my conscience is clear.

For which one did you apologize for? The first, second, or third death wish?

Since you do not have a conscience, it should be clear

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:43 PM
For which one did you apologize for? The first, second, or third death wish?

Since you do not have a conscience, it should be clear

any and all.

and of course I have a conscience, which is why I apologized.

I will admit that I don't like you one bit, but I am sorry that you have stage 3 colon cancer. I would not wish that on anyone.

By the way, my father had stage 3 colon cancer in 1973 and lived until 2006.... good luck

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
any and all.

and of course I have a conscience, which is why I apologized.

I will admit that I don't like you one bit, but I am sorry that you have stage 3 colon cancer. I would not wish that on anyone.

By the way, my father had stage 3 colon cancer in 1973 and lived until 2006.... good luck

So a peacher keeps apoligizing his insults and then repeats them over and over? You even posted how you never repeated them. Caught in another lie

What conscience? You have shown you lake one along with honer, integerity, and credibility

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
So a peacher keeps apoligizing his insults and then repeats them over and over? You even posted how you never repeated them. Caught in another lie

What conscience? You have shown you lake one along with honer, integerity, and credibility

I am sorry you feel that way, RSR. I really am.

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 07:49 PM

Apparently your words failed to express your intent.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Apparently your words failed to express your intent.

apparently... or I didn't take into account the way my audience relied on emoticons.

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 07:56 PM
apparently... or I didn't take into account the way my audience relied on emoticons.

Taking a cheap jab at me is one way to go, I suppose.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:57 PM

Oh come on Abbey. Lighten up. MFM is showing you his "respect" :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 08:00 PM

that wasn't aimed at you, but at the board at large. I was having a tough time getting my point across to dilloduck and you suggested emoticons.... I asked for your assistance in perhaps recommending one for me to use in the particular situation, and you took a cheap jab at me and blew me off. But I suppose you see it differently, no doubt.

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 08:06 PM
that wasn't aimed at you, but at the board at large. I was having a tough time getting my point across to dilloduck and you suggested emoticons.... I asked for your assistance in perhaps recommending one for me to use in the particular situation, and you took a cheap jab at me and blew me off. But I suppose you see it differently, no doubt.

Condescension noted.

Now, it's time to move on to more useful posting.

Yurt
07-16-2008, 08:13 PM

i'm calling bullcrap, i posted yesterday enough of your posts to show you were very serious about christian apparel, no one needed emoticons to know you were not tongue in cheek, you were even saying fuck etc...

pathetic cheap shot

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
i'm calling bullcrap, i posted yesterday enough of your posts to show you were very serious about christian apparel, no one needed emoticons to know you were not tongue in cheek, you were even saying fuck etc...

call whatever you like. The idea of "christian apparel" was, from the very outset a sarcastic joke. We live in a Christian country... our children know all about Christian culture. There is no need to have a Christian culture day to explain what our children have known since birth. There is no need to give Christianity a "day" filled with booths and exhibits to teach our children what it means to live in America. The school put on a light hearted fun day of learning about the middle east. But please. make a big deal out of it... it clearly is one of the most pressing issues facing our society today.

And I am a sailor. I fucking say "fuck" all the fucking time and it sure as hell ain't any particular fucking indicator of my fucking seriousness, that's for fucking sure.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:18 PM
call whatever you like. The idea of "christian apparel" was, from the very outset a sarcastic joke. We live in a Christian country... our children know all about Christian culture. There is no need to have a Christian culture day to explain what our children have known since birth. There is no need to give Christianity a "day" filled with booths and exhibits to teach our children what it means to live in America. The school put on a light hearted fun day of learning about the middle east. But please. make a big deal out of it... it clearly is one of the most pressing issues facing our society today.

And I am a sailor. I fucking say "fuck" all the fucking time and it sure as hell ain't any particular fucking indicator of my fucking seriousness, that's for fucking sure.

It was a smear, then you you tried to lie your way oput of it as usual

As far as your gutter mouth. it is more proof you are no preacher. Just a con artist and a racist jerk

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:20 PM
It was a smear, then you you tried to lie your way oput of it as usual

As far as your gutter mouth. it is more proof you are no preacher. Just a con artist and a racist jerk

it was a smear of WHO?

and what exactly was the smear in the first place?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:23 PM
it was a smear of WHO?

and what exactly was the smear in the first place?

Back to denial again?

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Back to denial again?

just answer the questions and quit tap dancing.

Who did I smear?

What was the nature of the smearing comment?

or run away. I would clearly prefer that you answer the questions and engage in a debate about this issue, but I will not stand idlly by and allow you to continue to lie about me and my positions.

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 09:44 PM

no--you were having a hell of a time trying to dig yourself out of that stupid hole you dug for yourself. :laugh2:

Yurt
07-16-2008, 10:34 PM

according to you

Jeans and Che t-shirts are christian apparel ??? :laugh2: <---- notice the question marks

are the kids who are wearing them Christians? then I would say, yes. <--- notice the answer.

the last shows it is clearly not tongue in cheek, but your frustration at getting called on your BS.

nuff said, its embarrassing to watch you like this

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:37 PM
no--you were having a hell of a time trying to dig yourself out of that stupid hole you dug for yourself. :laugh2:
if that is how you wish to portray it, have at it. I have made my position quite clear. You have grossly misstated my position and cannot back up your silly assertions that my comments had anything to do with achieving fairness for muslims or that muslims were forced to see christian apparel every day and therefore the cultural fair was some sort of payback. I said nothing of the sort. You misconstrued, either deliberately or inadvertently, my statement and made a mountain out of a molehill....but DO keep at it. That is apparently a lot easier than merely admitting that you misspoke and that you are perpetuating foolishness.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:40 PM
according to you

<---- notice the question marks

<--- notice the answer.

the last shows it is clearly not tongue in cheek, but your frustration at getting called on your BS.

nuff said, its embarrassing to watch you like this

your interpretation of my words is subjective. That is not my meaning at all. But continue to try to goad me into getting into a pissing contest with you, yurt. I had a little epiphany today and decided that I would give this being nice thing another try, regardless if you or RSR or dilloduck or anyone else, for that matter, would go half way with me. I will continue that effort... and you can continue yours.

Yurt
07-16-2008, 10:43 PM
your interpretation of my words is subjective. That is not my meaning at all. But continue to try to goad me into getting into a pissing contest with you, yurt. I had a little epiphany today and decided that I would give this being nice thing another try, regardless if you or RSR or dilloduck or anyone else, for that matter, would go half way with me. I will continue that effort... and you can continue yours.

if it was subjective moron, only i would think that, everyone who has replied on the matter agrees with the reality, not interpretation of what you said. that is "objective"

nice try

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
if that is how you wish to portray it, have at it. I have made my position quite clear. You have grossly misstated my position and cannot back up your silly assertions that my comments had anything to do with achieving fairness for muslims or that muslims were forced to see christian apparel every day and therefore the cultural fair was some sort of payback. I said nothing of the sort. You misconstrued, either deliberately or inadvertently, my statement and made a mountain out of a molehill....but DO keep at it. That is apparently a lot easier than merely admitting that you misspoke and that you are perpetuating foolishness.

Well have it. Let's hear what you were REALLY trying to say about Muslim and Christian attire---make it good this time and include all neccessary emoticons.
I'll wait :laugh2:

stephanie
07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I've been thinking about this, and I've come up with a great idea..

Gabs should buy her 7yr old daughter, a prayer rug, a menorah, a pagan cross, and a symbol of every religion there is.....cause supposedly by gabs account, if you study someone else's religion, you will not be a hater.....

but you have to leave out the cross...cause this is what she thinks of it..

So go for it.....we sure wouldn't want your daughter to be a hater like us here on this board......done deal..:cheers2:

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 10:58 PM

Gabs should buy her 7yr old daughter, a cross, a prayer rug, a menorah, a pagan cross, and a symbol of every religion there is.....cause supposedly by gabs account, if you study someone else's religion, you will not be a hater.....

So go for it.....we sure wouldn't want your daughter to be a hater like us here on this board......done deal..:cheers2:

Don't forget the Christian attire !!! I bet she looks marvelous in a habit. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Well have it. Let's hear what you were REALLY trying to say about Muslim and Christian attire---make it good this time and include all neccessary emoticons.
I'll wait :laugh2:

oooo and don't forget you said this too

retiredman
07-16-2008, 11:00 PM

Gabs should buy her 7yr old daughter, a prayer rug, a menorah, a pagan cross, and a symbol of every religion there is.....cause supposedly by gabs account, if you study someone else's religion, you will not be a hater.....

but you have to leave out the cross...cause this is what she thinks of it..

my guess is that Gabs will probably make the key decisions about raising her child without the benefit of snide sarcastic advice from the likes of you.

but that is just my guess

retiredman
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
oooo and don't forget you said this too

asked and answered.

Be sure to show me where I was EVER claiming that this was anything about muslims being forced to look at Christian attire every day.

DO try to stretch this out even further... it is so much easier than actually doing something like....debate policy, for example

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
asked and answered.

Be sure to show me where I was EVER claiming that this was anything about muslims being forced to look at Christian attire every day.

DO try to stretch this out even further... it is so much easier than actually doing something like....debate policy, for example

What post # are you claiming to have answered this in ?

Yurt
07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
asked and answered.

yet you keep whining about it :laugh2:

stephanie
07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
my guess is that Gabs will probably make the key decisions about raising her child without the benefit of snide sarcastic advice from the likes of you.

but that is just my guess

coming from the king of snide and sarcastic, as usual..:laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 11:12 PM
coming from the king of snide and sarcastic, as usual..:laugh2:

and you think that your comments WEREN'T?

clearly self criticism is not in your skillset.

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM

Why not? Why don't we teach ALL children in school what Christians wear ?

retiredman
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
yet you keep whining about it :laugh2:

I am not whining yurt, I am just not surrendering.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Why not? Why don't we teach ALL children in school what Christians wear ?

they learn from their mommies if they are Christians...and they learn from their Christian classmates if they are not.

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:16 PM
they learn from their mommies if they are Christians...and they learn from their Christian classmates if they are not.

wow--and what is it again that Christians wear ?

stephanie
07-16-2008, 11:17 PM
and you think that your comments WEREN'T?

clearly self criticism is not in your skillset.

Aaaa no.....my comments WERE meant to be sarcastic...if she didn't want feedback, she wouldn't post it here, would she..

dismissed.:talk2hand:

Yurt
07-16-2008, 11:21 PM

can you point out the christians?

http://proleartthreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/crowds.jpg

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:24 PM
can you point out the christians?

http://proleartthreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/crowds.jpg

I called mom--she said everyone of them !!! :laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Look --here's another one----( you can tell by her attire that she's real )

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxpec2IwQgw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxpec2IwQgw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yurt
07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Look --here's another one----( you can tell by her attire that she's real )

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxpec2IwQgw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxpec2IwQgw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

now that was funny

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:39 PM
now that was funny

Did your mom or friends ever let you try on a habit ? I admittedly was deprived of that experience. School really dropped the ball on that one and I am too afraid to even speak of catholicism to this very day. I think God intervened because somehow I was spared from hated them. ( Catholics that is. I DO hate habits ). Am I in big trouble ?

Yurt
07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Did your mom or friends ever let you try on a habit ? I admittedly was deprived of that experience. School really dropped the ball on that one and I am too afraid to even speak of catholicism to this very day. I think God intervened because somehow I was spared from hated them. ( Catholics that is. I DO hate habits ). Am I in big trouble ?

i had lots of habits, she was always trying to break them

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 11:48 PM
i had lots of habits, she was always trying to break them

I'd give a dollar to wear the pope's hat !! The picture would be priceless !! I did get to wear acolytes robes in a Lutheran Church once tho !! ( got to leave before the congregation too !!! ) :laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-17-2008, 07:36 AM

So if Muslims wear t-shirts and jeans they magically become muslim attire ?:laugh2:

jackass
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
What about turkey, I have heard they are quite a challenge for a bow hunter?

I am NO hunter but since moving to SC, hunting is an everyday discussion. :laugh2: I hear that turkey hunting in general is very hard and bow hunting is damn near impossible!! :laugh2:

Yurt
07-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrommaine

So if Muslims wear t-shirts and jeans they magically become muslim attire ?:laugh2:

now that is a great point dillo. buy maybe he was only "kidding" when he said yes :laugh2: