PDA

View Full Version : GWB News Conference 7-15-08

eighballsidepocket
07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
This morning at GWB's news conference, the President hit the nail on it's head squarely!

He said our environmental policies towards development of our oil reserves both off-shore and on land our antequated. He went on further to say that our technologies to protect the environment and extract oil at present are not being recognized as they should be.

He also brought up that the last refinery built in our country was in the 1970's, and a major part of the "Why?" that we aren't building more refineries is all the legal blocking done via groups opposed. I'll leave to you folks to ferret-out who those groups are.

During GWB's speech, crude dropped $9.00/barrel. Tells you something about what is driving the market doesn't it?

Also, the President brought up our vast oil shale reserves in the West need to be developed "pronto".

As I understand, oil shales have a rough break-even point of $80.00/barrel, and as you and I know, current crude prices are nearly double that. If anything is hindering this area of energy resource development......I'd chance a guess, that the Sierra Club, Earth First, Green Peace, and the myriad of sub-organizations that are string-attached to these big environmental organizations are throwing money into legal blockades in this area of energy development too.

I know that the opposing groups and liberal areas of the media are really having a "hay-day" with GWB's more easy-going verbal ways lately. He was accused of being so undiplomatic at the last world summit on the environment, where he would not endorce global warming policies. In fact, he pun'd by inferring that the U.S. is the "bad" guy as usual with you folks. I like this new GWB style. Wish it came out earlier in his presidency.

If you observed/listened to both the audio and video of his morning's press conference, GWB was very relaxed, and really shot from the hip. Call him a lame duck, but I see a renewed vigor in him that really isn't letting the press and his antagonists get to him.

He gave real sound, objective reasons, and answers to our economic, and the global energy situation.
Barak O., of course followed-up with his charismatic oratory at the Woodrow Wilson Institute........and of course made GWB's style of address seem very rough edged in comparison. Let's face it, GWB isn't a smooth speaker........Actually, neither was Truman, Nixon, or Eisenhower, nor many good presidents. Substance is more than smooth, charismatic oratory in my book.

Barak's basic premise of course countered everything that GWB commented on in his N. Conference. Instead of sending military aid to Pakistant to help support the present regime, we need to double the monetary support, but not militarily, but in humanitarian aid. We all know where humanitarian aid ends up don't we?

The idea of "food" not "bullets" is noble in word and philosophy, but in objective reality, folks want to defend themselves and rid their country of bad elements, and want the means to counter terrorist insurgencies, and must be stronger counter insurgents.

I can see Barak's idea of making Afganistan the major player country in the war against terror/Al Queda, yet his "cut and run" agenda for Iraq is very simple minded, disregarding the positive strengthening infrastructure of this new Iraq that is developing a viable military force/army under the U.S.'s training expertise. Daily, a much greater percentage of Iraq's military is supplanting U.S. military work.

Conflict in Iraq is at a 4 year low, excluding the sporadic terrorist actions that the media exploit to the hilt to give a psychological edge to the notion that things are not better. Reports out of Iraq of major terrorist actions are very infrequent compared to a year ago, and both sides of this issue know that is the truth. Never the less, when we are indeed on the verge of finishing the job in Iraq and leaving knowing we have established a moderate Middle Eastern country that is a strategic buffer between Iran and Israel.........Barak O. wants to leave before the process is completed. This would indeed be a travesty, as numerous American son's and daughter's will have died or given so much in vain.

If the media would not ignore the actual reports from G.I.'s that see a different and positive happening in Iraq, because of their dedicated work their on our behalf, the American populous wouldn't be on such a frenzy to get out.

Yes, the media is a second/third/fourth wing of government, and it isn't unbiased, but is heavily weighted in the liberal realm of subjective opinion, and editorializing.

Talk Radio is probably the last bastion of conservative comment or even balanced politics..........Lou Dobbs, an avowed Independent, sounds like a radical conservative compared to current media bent.

When the Independent Lou Dobb's of the world are telling environmentalists and folks that think higher gas prices are good thing, to "Stick in their xxxx", you know that things have gotten off balance in our country. Moderates are becoming the enemy of liberals.

I'd say that it's "Xanax" time for all you Sierra Clubbers...........At least I hope so. Start making your future appointments with your local shrinks.

GW in Ohio
07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Bush news conference?

:lol::laugh2::dance::laugh2::lol:

Good Lord, who cares? Ho, ho!

eighballsidepocket
07-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Bush news conference?

There folks is a prime example why our country is falling behind in environmental technology, and balanced economic planning/thinking.............

We get "bubble headed" responses to important issues.

CockySOB
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Bush news conference?

Considering the drop in crude oil prices during his speech, I would say more than a few people WERE listening.

GW in Ohio
07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
There folks is a prime example why our country is falling behind in environmental technology, and balanced economic planning/thinking.............

We get "bubble headed" responses to important issues.

Nobody thinks Bush has anything relevant to say except rabid right-wingers (the hard-core 26%) who have drunk the GOP Kool-Aid and will go down with the ship.

Bush is totally irrelevant. In fact, he's a fucking moron and nobody gives a shit what he says about anything.

Everybody is just counting the days until we get a real president.

Then people will start paying attention.

Until then, you guys pay attention to him and take notes. That's your assignment.

Let me know if he says anything important, okay?

gabosaurus
07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Why take notes? We all know what Bush is going to say.
BUllSHit Lies Deceit "I fucked up the country but I won't admit" Fuck off and die BUllSHit etc.

eighballsidepocket
07-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Nobody thinks Bush has anything relevant to say except rabid right-wingers (the hard-core 26%) who have drunk the GOP Kool-Aid and will go down with the ship.

Bush is totally irrelevant. In fact, he's a fucking moron and nobody gives a shit what he says about anything.

Until then, you guys pay attention to him and take notes. That's your assignment.

Yeah........"Nobody thinks"..............That's your Mensa quality rebuttle.............So you just took a quick national poll in the last couple hours and can substantiate that nobody thinks Bush has anything relevant to say.

I'd say your just a little biased........unless you can come up with some quick stats on a listener poll of this news conference.

Why can't you folks just go with some solid stats instead of attacking the speaker. Attack what policies he just stated in the N. Conference. Personally they seemed very sound.:salute:

eighballsidepocket
07-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Why take notes? We all know what Bush is going to say.
BUllSHit Lies Deceit "I fucked up the country but I won't admit" Fuck off and die BUllSHit etc.

And you..........Sadly I've read your posts for a great deal of time.

You are a very sad, embittered individual, that needs a big hug from someone.

Otherwise........you sound like a big old Communist pull string toy. Hey 1917 is over.........the Soviet Union collapsted...........Marx's and Lennins dream was a utopian pipe dream that only blessed the leadership class. Did the average Soviet get to vacation in a villa at the Black Sea? Hardly...........He just built inferior cars, and products for Big Brother.

Gab: I don't know who you are, but I do know your living in the past.........and the past is one failed Communist regime after another. Give up your monologue, and try to look beyond your brainwashed cranium, and smell the Roses. Folks that live their lives out looking at the world as though it's a half empty container..........will continue on a downward spirial of depressive thought leading to a ruined, wasted life.

Your cute little buck toothed North Vietnamese helmeted caricature avatar is actually a disgrace to those combatants who actually fought against us.

McCain was tortured badly by those people, and has said some very strong words about those people, but he says that he harbors no angst against the Vietnamese as a people. His anger is towards those that mistreated him, and his comrads at the Hanoi Hiiton. It wasn't a 5 star resort.

GW in Ohio
07-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah........"Nobody thinks"..............That's your Mensa quality rebuttle.............So you just took a quick national poll in the last couple hours and can substantiate that nobody thinks Bush has anything relevant to say.

I'd say your just a little biased........unless you can come up with some quick stats on a listener poll of this news conference.

Why can't you folks just go with some solid stats instead of attacking the speaker. Attack what policies he just stated in the N. Conference. Personally they seemed very sound.:salute:

You know, I will grant you that Bush may be capable of saying or doing something relevant in the next couple of months.

But I doubt it.

He's mismanaged the country for 8 years and now he's a lame duck.

Nobody's paying attention to him any more except the members of the press and some of you guys. The press is paying attention to him because that's their job. They're getting paid to do it.

And you guys? What's your excuse?

red states rule
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
You know, I will grant you that Bush may be capable of saying or doing something relevant in the next couple of months.

But I doubt it.

Nobody's paying attention to him any more except the members of the press and some of you guys. The press is paying attention to him because that's their job. They're getting paid to do it.

Lets see GW, Pres Bush has made the Dems cave on surrender in Iraq, FISA, and now it looks like off shore drilling

He seems to be relevant to at least Reid and Pelosi :laugh2:

and now the messiah is sending sign he will cave on pulling the troops out of Iraq

Kathianne
07-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Lets see GW, Pres Bush has made the Dems cave on surrender in Iraq, FISA, and now it looks like off shore drilling

and now the messiah is sending sign he will cave on pulling the troops out of Iraq

rep worthy, but I can't.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 02:12 PM
rep worthy, but I can't.

OK, you can owe me. I will remind you later

CockySOB
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM

Sheesh, would ya stop with the rep-worthy posts? I'm gonna have to spread a ton of rep around just to make sure I can send you your due.

I guess that's a cross you have to bear, eh?

red states rule
07-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Sheesh, would ya stop with the rep-worthy posts? I'm gonna have to spread a ton of rep around just to make sure I can send you your due.

I am willing to wait

http://funny-cats.girldir.com/kittens/2007/01/kitty-smoke.gif

theHawk
07-15-2008, 03:14 PM

Its funny how for years Bush has talked about our nation's dependancy on foreign oil and the need for us to get off it and to research and start using alternative fuels. Apparently you and most everyone else thought the message was 'irrelevant'. Now the tables are turned and suddenly its an important message, but only if its coming out of the mouth of Obama or some other pandering Democrat.

Bush in 2005:

Four years ago I laid out a comprehensive energy strategy to address our energy challenges. Yet Congress hasn't passed energy legislation. For the sake of the American consumers, it is time to confront our problems now, and not pass them on to future Congresses and future generations.

The increase in the price of crude oil is largely responsible for the higher gas prices and diesel prices that you're paying at the pump. For many years, most of the crude oil refined into gasoline in America came from home, came from domestic oil fields. In 1985, 75 percent of the crude oil used in U.S. refineries came from American sources; only about 25 percent came from abroad. Over the past few decades we've seen a dramatic change in our energy equation. American gasoline consumption has increased by about a third, while our crude production has dropped and oil imports have risen dramatically.

The result today -- the result is that today only 35 percent -- only 35 percent -- of the crude oil used in U.S. refineries comes from here at home; 65 percent comes from foreign countries, like Saudi Arabia and Mexico and Canada and Venezuela. You see, we're growing more dependent on foreign oil. Because we haven't had an energy strategy, we're becoming more dependent on countries outside our borders to provide us with the energy needed to refine gasoline. To compound the problem, countries with rapidly growing economies, like India and China, are competing for more of the world oil supply. And that drives up the price of oil, and that makes prices at the pump even higher for American families and businesses and farmers.

Our dependence on foreign oil is like a foreign tax on the American Dream, and that tax is growing every year. My administration is doing all we can to help ease the problem in the short run. We're encouraging oil-producing countries to maximize their production so that more crude oil is on the market, which will help take the pressure off price. We'll make sure that consumers here at home are treated fairly, there's not going to be any price-gouging here in America. But to solve the problem in the long run, we must address the root causes of high gasoline prices. We need to take four steps toward one vital goal, and that is to make America less dependent on foreign sources of oil.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/05/20050516.html

But naturally, the partisan hacks in Congress weren't listening, even though Bush was 100% right.

GW in Ohio
07-15-2008, 03:17 PM

You people have each other. And that's a good thing.

Right wingers.....they have so little these days........:slap::argue::slap:

red states rule
07-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Are you going to respond to the FACT your Dems have caved to Pres Bush on surrender in Iraq, war funding, FISA, and now it appears of shore drilling

Seems Pres Bush is running rings around your beloved Dems

Or are you ducking that valid point?

namvet
07-15-2008, 03:27 PM

I don't 1 reason why we need a democratic party. not 1

red states rule
07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't 1 reason why we need a democratic party. not 1

We need to keep a few around to remind the young voters what happenes when they fall victim to the moonbat left

You will find yourself chained to a cycle of dependency

Abbey Marie
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
You guys really need to decide whether our President is irrelevant, or worthy of impeachment. Kind of hard to claim both simultaneously, no?

eighballsidepocket
07-15-2008, 03:31 PM

Yeah, thats why more than 60% and growing rapidly, American citizens are agreeing with what GWB proposed (energy policy)in the "irrevelant" News conference.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 03:32 PM
You guys really need to decide whether our President is irrelevant, or worthy of impeachment. Kind of hard to claim both simultaneously, no?

Depends on what day it is, and what the DNC approved talking points are. The bottom line is, pres Bush was won several battles with the Dem Congress and libs don;t like it one bit

They can't decide if Pres Bush is that good, or are Dems that gutless

CockySOB
07-15-2008, 04:01 PM

Make a rep-worthy post once in a while and I might say the same to you.

namvet
07-15-2008, 04:01 PM
We need to keep a few around to remind the young voters what happenes when they fall victim to the moonbat left

You will find yourself chained to a cycle of dependency

no !!! let the youngsters read it in the history books.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 04:03 PM
no !!! let the youngsters read it in the history books.

Liberals write the history books. Kids think the Reagan rax cuts to increase the deficit - not spending from Congress

Kids think it was a war crime to drop the A bomb to end WWII

No, let them learn from watching libs be libs

manu1959
07-15-2008, 05:00 PM

and yet smart enough to steal to elections without getting caught not to mention trick the western world into attacking iraq.....

07-15-2008, 05:55 PM

The man is irrelevant but his speech singlehandedly dropped $10 by the end of his speech... funny.

actsnoblemartin
07-15-2008, 05:55 PM
jerk :slap:

The man is irrelevant but his speech singlehandedly dropped $10 by the end of his speech... funny.

07-15-2008, 05:58 PM

But I doubt it.

Keep thinking he is a lame duck. Underestimate him like you usually do. You are going to be shocked come November.

07-15-2008, 06:01 PM

You are seriously delusional man. I really feel bad for you.

CockySOB
07-15-2008, 06:07 PM
You are seriously delusional man. I really feel bad for you.

And bitter... GW in Ohio is very, very bitter....

Doesn't look like that will change anytime in the near future either....

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:15 AM
And bitter... GW in Ohio is very, very bitter....

Doesn't look like that will change anytime in the near future either....

Being a typical bitter liberal, does he cling to his latte and copy of the NY Times?

GW in Ohio
07-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Are you going to respond to the FACT your Dems have caved to Pres Bush on surrender in Iraq, war funding, FISA, and now it appears of shore drilling

Seems Pres Bush is running rings around your beloved Dems

Or are you ducking that valid point?

Right....President Bush is really cooking on all cylinders.

And smoking those Democrats.

And everyone is applauding.

[/right winger's dream] :salute::wine::salute:

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Right....President Bush is really cooking on all cylinders.

And smoking those Democrats.

And everyone is applauding.

[/right winger's dream] :salute::wine::salute:

Given your lame response and ducking the wins by Pres Bush over the Dems - I understnad how the kook left is seething

It is fun seeing the so called lame duck president continue to force Dems to roll over

and the messiah as well

GW in Ohio
07-16-2008, 08:50 AM

He's worthy of impeachment on general principles. How could someone who is so obviously unqualified be elected to the highest executive position in the land?

But he's so irrelevant, nobody cares. We've endured the last 7+ years of incompetent government from Bush. Shit, we can do the last couple of months standing on our heads.

:dance::salute::dance:

GW in Ohio
07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Being a typical bitter liberal, does he cling to his latte and copy of the NY Times?

Guys, I know it makes you feel good to think of me as bitter, but I'm sorry to tell you I'm not.

Although the Bush administration has been a dark time in US history, I haven't taken it personally and have basically laughed my way through the last 7+ years. :dance::salute::dance:

I don't drink latte or read the NY Times because I'm out here in flyover country, where people read the Farmer's Almanac.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
He's worthy of impeachment on general principles. How could someone who is so obviously unqualified be elected to the highest executive position in the land?

But he's so irrelevant, nobody cares.

Obama won already? I thought the election was not until November :laugh2:

GW in Ohio
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Obama won already? I thought the election was not until November :laugh2:

The election is a mere formality.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:33 AM

Yep, and the messiah is on track to crash and burn like Peanut Carter, Walter Mondull, and John Biy Kerry

A tax and spend liberal can't win a national election. That is why the messiah, your new breed of candidate, is trying to con the independents into thinking he is something he is not

CockySOB
07-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Guys, I know it makes you feel good to think of me as bitter, but I'm sorry to tell you I'm not.

Although the Bush administration has been a dark time in US history, I haven't taken it personally and have basically laughed my way through the last 7+ years.

I don't drink latte or read the NY Times because I'm out here in flyover country, where people read the Farmer's Almanac.

Time will tell, but I have a feeling your glee is both short-sighted and destined to be short-lived.

CockySOB
07-16-2008, 10:46 AM

Odd. I could have sworn I'd heard the Democrats say that same thing for several prior election cycles. Perhaps this is an echo of Democrat failures of the past? Or a sign of things yet to come?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Odd. I could have sworn I'd heard the Democrats say that same thing for several prior election cycles. Perhaps this is an echo of Democrat failures of the past? Or a sign of things yet to come?

and I remember how giddy they were when the 2004 exit polls came out in the afternoon

They were fine until reality set in. Then the screams on how the election was stolen started

eighballsidepocket
07-16-2008, 11:04 AM

But he's so irrelevant, nobody cares. We've endured the last 7+ years of incompetent government from Bush. Shit, we can do the last couple of months standing on our heads.

Please state to the forum the qualifications of your candidate of choice for President?

If it's Barak O., I can't wait to see the long list of accomplishments and major responsibilities that qualifies him to lead our nation.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Please state to the forum the qualifications of your candidate of choice for President?

If it's Barak O., I can't wait to see the long list of accomplishments and major responsibilities that qualifies him to lead our nation.

Does this help?

http://jxymxu7sn5ho9d.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/xcaricature-obama-lyin.jpg

red states rule
07-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Time will tell, but I have a feeling your glee is both short-sighted and destined to be short-lived.

Given how the messiah was to run away with this election - and most polls have them tied it would seem the voters are coming to understand one important fact

A taxpayer voting for Barack is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Geez, GW, you actually made my case that you cannot have it both ways, better than I did. Thanks!

If he is "so irrelevant", you ought to be protesting Kucinich's demand for impeachment proceedings, on the grounds of unnecessary expense and time-wasting due to irrelevancy.

I can help you make the signs if you'd like. :coffee:

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 01:11 PM

Although the Bush administration has been a dark time in US history, I haven't taken it personally and have basically laughed my way through the last 7+ years. :dance::salute::dance:

I would tend to agree. On this board, you are far from our best example of a bitter guy. My sense is that you feel very let down by your party, but I don't get bitterness from you in general.

eighballsidepocket
07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey, I started this thread, and it's turned into a pissing contest between GWB supporters and his antagonists.

Can't we get back on topic, and talk about GWB's press conference, it's content, what we think about his statements, etc.

The first sign that it was going off topic was the wise crack comments of he's irrelevant......etc. Then the pissing back and forth started.

I want folks to comment on GWB press conference content!!!!

In my opening remarks I gave my thoughts. I thought the president gave concise, to the point answers. He's mentioned that lawyers or lawsuits are choking refinery building prospects...........running up expensive costs to build refineries. I can't argue that, as these same groups have blocked Nuke Power plant building the same way.

You drain the coffers of those financing these power plants by tieing up the permit processes in court for years, and you usually win.

Then the same groups offer stupid alternative energy plans that are bandaids on a massive wound they've perpetuated.

I like the outgoing prez's more relaxed attitude towards the press........I like his, "I don't care anymore what you think about me" attitude and just shoots from the hip, and smiles when he says it. I just wish he'd done this years ago, and just plain gave his antagonists a good old Texas reply............"Up yours!", and let the carrion eating media have their hey day.

Will Rogers said it like it was, and didn't care who liked it or not.

I think Dubya will have a positive legacy in the future, and it won't take long for it to happen.

When the next prez takes over and realizes that being C&C isn't a cakewalk...........and when they have their own personal 9/11, and High Tech Bust to inherit in their first year in office, maybe they will appreciate GWB's sober work. I think most presidents would end up getting snockered if they had faced the tasks/decisions that GWB inherited.

CockySOB
07-16-2008, 01:37 PM
How nice that you don't respect the rule of law. Impeachment requires specific charges be levied, but it would seem you don't care about such trivialities. Speaks volumes about you, GW in Ohio.

Good idea! Maybe the blood rushing to your brain cells for a change might help correct the obvious deficiencies with your thought processes.

GW in Ohio
07-16-2008, 01:59 PM

1. He's twice as smart as GW Bush. (Yeah, I know...who isn't?)

2. He recognized the Iraq invasion as a cluster-fuck from the get-go. That speaks well for his judgment.

3. He actually recognizes that the environment is in crisis. Consequently, he will take whatever steps he can to ameliorate the crisis. This is in contrast to Bush, who doesn't even acknowledge that we have environmental problems.

In general, Obama seems smart, well informed, and competent, and he seems to have the qualities of a good leader. You never know for sure how someone will be as president until they actually get elected. Hell, in 2000 I thought George Bush would make a good president, which tells you that you can never know for sure.

manu1959
07-16-2008, 02:14 PM

2. He recognized the Iraq invasion as a cluster-fuck from the get-go. That speaks well for his judgment.

3. He actually recognizes that the environment is in crisis. Consequently, he will take whatever steps he can to ameliorate the crisis. This is in contrast to Bush, who doesn't even acknowledge that we have environmental problems.

In general, Obama seems smart, well informed, and competent, and he seems to have the qualities of a good leader. You never know for sure how someone will be as president until they actually get elected. Hell, in 2000 I thought George Bush would make a good president, which tells you that you can never know for sure.

well this sort wipes all your opinions and advice out .... about pretty much anything.....

eighballsidepocket
07-16-2008, 02:57 PM

No stats on his qualifications..........except he/Obama has a bunch of "I told you so's" to his credit.

Your opinion about Iraq is very skewed as hostilities are at a 4 year low.

He's twice as smart as GWB........says who? You.....William Buckley?........There's more to intelligence than charismatic speech........smooth talkers are a dime a dozen unless they can back up their intellect with the golden characteristic called "wisdom"; and often forgotten quality.

He's a junior Senator, who has no remarkable legislation to his credit. He hasn't run a business to understand common economics........He's sat in a church for 20 odd years listening to a rascist preacher who propogates anti-white/Jewish Rascism, and claims total ignorance to the Honorable Reverend Wright's leanings. Also he claims to be a Christian, but is a member of what is termed a Christian Cultist denomination, and is not a biblically oriented church, but should be taxed into oblivion for politiking from the pew, instead of teach and preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.......

He's associated himself with many radical islamists, his wife is a real liability as a first lady to represent our nation.

GWB has owned businesses.......He's an ex-National Guard jet fighter pilot.............And mind you, check out how easy it is to qualify to fly a military jet fighter.

GWB admits being a reformed heavy drinker, and possible alcoholic, that shows that this man is willing to be transparent about his life, and face the consequences.

Your side told the nation via the media that if GWB was elected Black churches would burn by the myriads, and Black people would be dragged behind redneck KKK P.U.s and lynched in ever increased numbers.

None of which occured, but scare mongering, and hand wringing, and pessimism mark your group. Its all you can muster to counter objective evidences of positive things associated with GWB's administration.

Also, this Cluster F**k that you say Iraq is, can and is countered by the majority of men and women that have served in Iraq, yet you drink the Kool-aid of the mainstream press that hones in on the minority of disgruntled G.I.'s and makes their stories sound like its the mainstream mindset of all serving our country courageously.

How come we don't hear about the positives of the Iraq operation? Cause the mainstream media is liberally based, and that isn't guess, but confirmed by polling of media associated people nationwide, in printed news, and T.V.. The majority of journalists are Democrats. Do they keep their party affiliations neutral and off limits when giving the alleged news of Iraq, absolutely not!

Sitarro
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Hey, I started this thread, and it's turned into a pissing contest between GWB supporters and his antagonists.

Can't we get back on topic, and talk about GWB's press conference, it's content, what we think about his statements, etc.

The first sign that it was going off topic was the wise crack comments of he's irrelevant......etc. Then the pissing back and forth started.

I want folks to comment on GWB press conference content!!!!

In my opening remarks I gave my thoughts. I thought the president gave concise, to the point answers. He's mentioned that lawyers or lawsuits are choking refinery building prospects...........running up expensive costs to build refineries. I can't argue that, as these same groups have blocked Nuke Power plant building the same way.

You drain the coffers of those financing these power plants by tieing up the permit processes in court for years, and you usually win.

Then the same groups offer stupid alternative energy plans that are bandaids on a massive wound they've perpetuated.

I like the outgoing prez's more relaxed attitude towards the press........I like his, "I don't care anymore what you think about me" attitude and just shoots from the hip, and smiles when he says it. I just wish he'd done this years ago, and just plain gave his antagonists a good old Texas reply............"Up yours!", and let the carrion eating media have their hey day.

Will Rogers said it like it was, and didn't care who liked it or not.

I think Dubya will have a positive legacy in the future, and it won't take long for it to happen.

When the next prez takes over and realizes that being C&C isn't a cakewalk...........and when they have their own personal 9/11, and High Tech Bust to inherit in their first year in office, maybe they will appreciate GWB's sober work. I think most presidents would end up getting snockered if they had faced the tasks/decisions that GWB inherited.

His press conference was outstanding, speaking to the causes for what we are facing today. As much as the Democrats want to blame the price of oil and gas on the Bush Administration, they had 8 years in the White House 7.5 years ago and they did absolutely nothing. Clinton and Gore also did nothing to make sure that the money given to New Orleans, to strengthen levies, was spent correctly. Clinton was given Bin Laden numerous times but he was too busy screwing around with young women to deal with him, Bush got to deal with the human and economic tragedy of September 11th 2001 and he did a great job.

President Bush is an extraordinary man, intelligent, very well read and a student of history. He isn't a lawyer, he isn't a used car salesman, he isn't a preacher, but he is a leader and has done what he could to do just that while facing a Congress and leftist party that declared him an enemy years go. He has had to deal with a national Press and the idiots of Hollywood ridiculing him, lying about him and deliberately twisting his words and actions in an attempt to demonize him.

The home he built on his beloved Crawford,Texas ranch demonstrates his commitment to working with the environment in real life unlike the shallow words of Algore and his 10,000 square foot McMansion.

President Bush is a decent honest man, something so foreign to politics that most don't recognize it. Like everyone else, I wasn't happy with his views on illegal aliens but then again, there is no easy fix, nothing has been done by any administration going all the way back to Reagan. I am happy for him that this term is almost over, he can go home to his ranch with his wife and live out his days without the abuse of the press and ignorant partisan clowns like the imbecile from Ohio.:salute:

eighballsidepocket
07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
His press conference was outstanding, speaking to the causes for what we are facing today. As much as the Democrats want to blame the price of oil and gas on the Bush Administration, they had 8 years in the White House 7.5 years ago and they did absolutely nothing. Clinton and Gore also did nothing to make sure that the money given to New Orleans, to strengthen levies, was spent correctly. Clinton was given Bin Laden numerous times but he was too busy screwing around with young women to deal with him, Bush got to deal with the human and economic tragedy of September 11th 2001 and he did a great job.

President Bush is an extraordinary man, intelligent, very well read and a student of history. He isn't a lawyer, he isn't a used car salesman, he isn't a preacher, but he is a leader and has done what he could to do just that while facing a Congress and leftist party that declared him an enemy years go. He has had to deal with a national Press and the idiots of Hollywood ridiculing him, lying about him and deliberately twisting his words and actions in an attempt to demonize him.

The home he built on his beloved Crawford,Texas ranch demonstrates his commitment to working with the environment in real life unlike the shallow words of Algore and his 10,000 square foot McMansion.

President Bush is a decent honest man, something so foreign to politics that most don't recognize it. Like everyone else, I wasn't happy with his views on illegal aliens but then again, there is no easy fix, nothing has been done by any administration going all the way back to Reagan. I am happy for him that this term is almost over, he can go home to his ranch with his wife and live out his days without the abuse of the press and ignorant partisan clowns like the imbecile from Ohio.:salute:

You got my rep..........! The man's been maligned from the time he entered office.........He's been despised for winning "squeeker elections", and he is indeed a very intelligent man.

The best the Demo's can do is go after his vernacular......when he says, Nuculer........instead of Nuclear. How many great intellects stumble over words, yet are mensa quality thinkers?

The arguments against GWB are so shallow yet callously disrespectful.

Your are so right........his Crawford ranch is state of the art environmentally friendly.........Yet Mr. Nobel Lauriet:laugh2:, Al Gore has a gluttonous energy munching home..

It's amazing how our nation can lap at Al Gores feet and not question the very premise and bad science in his writings and speaches. In fact Al Gore doesn't even have the credentials to speak for Meteorology in general, unless he went to night school and got a degree unknown to all.

He also was a strong anti-abortionist, and then got the "tainted light" of political ambition and compromise, and finally decided that unborn babies were just blobs of immaterial organic tissue. The man has regressed where others of his kind have seen the true light of balanced and objective thought.

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM

It is very possible that Obama's ivy admissions were via affirmative action.

And any candidate who thinks we have 57 states is de facto unqualified for the job.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=242579&postcount=1

red states rule
07-16-2008, 05:08 PM
It is very possible that Obama's ivy admissions were via affirmative action.

And any candidate who thinks we have 57 states is de facto unqualified for the job.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=242579&postcount=1

or talks to dead people in the audience, or rewrites history to fit his revision of his families history should cast doubt on the qualifications to be President

07-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Exactly, what have we endured? Last 7 years have been pretty damn good for me. What exactly have you endured?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Exactly, what have we endured? Last 7 years have been pretty damn good for me. What exactly have you endured?

He has had to endure watching tax cuts increase revenues to the government and pull the economy out of the Clinton recession

He has had to endure watching 2 conservatives be sworn in to the USSC where the rule on the intent of the Founding Fathers and not create laws from the bench

He has had to endure watching the US treat acts of terrorism as an act of war, and not as a crime

He has had to endure watching Democrats fail to make any of their lies and false charges stick to pres Bush and VP Cheney

He has had to endure watching Pres Bush win victory after victory over the Demcrat run Congress

He has had to endure watching the US military roar back and score impressive victories in Iraq, and cause AQ to go on the run

These are just a few of the things April 15 has had to endure

GW in Ohio
07-17-2008, 08:10 AM

Bush's clueless foreign policy has put us in a deep hole. We've used up our military, diplomatic and financial resources on an invasion that was so inappropriate, it's made us reviled throughout the world. We'll be years cleaning up the mess from Bush's Iraq misadventure.

Plus, I've been embarrassed for 7+ years to have that stupid sonofabitch as our president. The rest of the world judges us by Bush.

Economically, I'm doing okay, but a lot of our fellow Americans have lost jobs and more during Bush's tenure.

07-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Bush's clueless foreign policy has put us in a deep hole. We've used up our military, diplomatic and financial resources on an invasion that was so inappropriate, it's made us reviled throughout the world. We'll be years cleaning up the mess from Bush's Iraq misadventure.

Plus, I've been embarrassed for 7+ years to have that stupid sonofabitch as our president. The rest of the world judges us by Bush.

Economically, I'm doing okay, but a lot of our fellow Americans have lost jobs and more during Bush's tenure.

So what you're saying is you havent endured a damn thing.

Abbey Marie
07-17-2008, 10:45 AM

I'm happy to be identified with a man of integrity, who has kept us safe for the last 7 years. Now, his border policies are another matter.

Either way, other countries should be looking at their own messes before judging us. And I would argue that the reason they feel so free to judge is not because of our President himself, but mostly due to our media and our liberals' defaming of the man to the world.

We are still the immigration destination of choice for people from many of those same countries who you say judge us. Wonder why that is?

eighballsidepocket
07-17-2008, 11:04 AM
If you folks check out some U.S. history back to pre-civil war, during the civil war, and post-civil war under President Lincoln's terms, you'll see a similar parallel of how media and ignorant folks or folks with political agendas wanting to do power grabs operated. It's startling how similar it was to nowadays.

Lincoln was referred to as a "Big Ugly Ape" by the Southern press, and citizenry, and also many Northerner's who felt that he was ill-equipped to lead the nation, namely the opposing Democratic party of that day.

Lincoln in his second term had a Democratic Vice President Johnson, who was a big old thorn in the Rail Splitters side, until his asassination. Lincoln during the early post war period wanted to be forgiving and reconciliatory to the South, which had endured much destruction and loss of life. The basic infrastructure of the South was in shambles. Johnson wanted to commit the North to punitive punishment of the White Southerner indescriminately, and had no inkling of mercy. He wanted people such as Jefferson Davis hung, along with many other folks who made up the Southern or Confederate executive branch. Lincoln on the other hand wanted to forgive and rebuild, and felt that what the South and North had endured was enough self-punishment.

Anyway, at Ford's theatre we lost a great leader in my opinion, Johnson went on to punish the South in ways that only hardened anti-black Southerners. Resentment towards Blacks was rampant under Johnson.

Again, if you read up on that part of our history, you will see so many parallels to how the media operates, and how opponents of GWB parallel so succinctly those that opposed Lincoln or other presidents.

I'm not trying to compare GWB's legacy to Lincoln's, but will leave that to whoever and their own ideas, but just wanted to inform those here that the media hasn't recently become vindictive and nasty and able to destroy people in high and low places. It's been going on for over 100 years.

William Randolf Hearst created what we call "Yellow Journalism", and many believe that his newspapers were very much responsible for our country declaring war on Spain, and resulting in the Spanish/American War. Evidence was not conclusive that the Battleship Maine was blow up by the Spanish in Cuba, but Hearst's papers disregarded that and painted Spain as an evil empire, and the Maine's destruction as a foregone conclusion of Spanish responsibility.

I'm not all that disappointed how things turned out from that war, as our country was able to extend out our influence and also protect our mainland from foreign enemies because of the fall of Cuba and the Phillipines from this war.

Yet, the media is a 3rd/4th/5th arm of government in my opinion that has absolutely no checks and balances, and has a lot of blood on it's dainty journalistic hands.

Kathianne
07-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Indeed:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/692/monkeynb1.jpg

red states rule
07-17-2008, 11:18 AM

So you are upset how the world judges us eh? How does it feel to have such people like Castro, Chevez, and Hamas sucking up to the messiah known as Obama?

Seems you guys get the respect of terrorists and dictators. Is that the caliber of people you are out to impress?

I for one am thankful to have had Pres Bush for 7 years. He took the economy out of the Clinton recession, stood up to terrorists, and made 2 great appointments to the USSC

I could not care less what the rest of the world thinks of us. I know damn well when they need help they will call area code 202

GW in Ohio
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
So what you're saying is you havent endured a damn thing.

Well, I've had to endure you.......

red states rule
07-17-2008, 12:45 PM

That goes both ways

CockySOB
07-17-2008, 01:31 PM
That goes both ways

The difference is that the GW in the Whitehouse is relevant, while GW in Ohio is not.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM
The difference is that the GW in the Whitehouse is relevant, while GW in Ohio is not.

I wonder what this libs are going to do when they can't direct their hate toward Pres Bush after 1/20/2009

They will really be a mess of McCain pulls off a win. It is hard to believe, but their hate and rage will grow well past where it is now

07-17-2008, 03:22 PM

Thank you for continuing to reinforce my point.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Thank you for continuing to reinforce my point.

He is also reinforcing the point on top of his head

eighballsidepocket
07-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I wonder what this libs are going to do when they can't direct their hate toward Pres Bush after 1/20/2009

They will really be a mess of McCain pulls off a win. It is hard to believe, but their hate and rage will grow well past where it is now

They'll go into "love fest" mode like they did back in President Clinton's 8 years.

The media did everything in it's power to minimize William Clinton"s unpresidential sexual antics with an intern.

Here's the hyprocrisy.........Just prior to the first election of GWB, it was leaked that GWB had once endured a drinking problem...........The press swarmed on him like the country would be electing a "drunk" to lead it's country.

All along, GWB had quit alcohol, had regretted very much his past in that area, yet admitted as wrong. It wasn't enough for the press..........Why? Cause they didn't want him to be president.

Clinton could have shot up heroine and claimed over 1,000 female conquest, surpassing NBA star Wilt Chamberlain, doing it while married prior to his election and it would have gotten back page interest in the media, except for the few conservative news sources, and I mean, "few".