PDA

View Full Version : Clinton calls for new GI 'Bill of Rights'

LiberalNation
03-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Good for her. Would people here be against this even if it helps out the troops just because she's the one sponsoring it and may gain politically from it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070308/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_military;_ylt=AgY0hobqPmh9_lAO5xVKSZ8DW7oF

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton offered a new GI Bill of Rights for men and women in uniform, arguing that Democrats can do a better job of protecting and providing for U.S. troops than the Republican administration.

"This administration is frankly unable to run a two-car parade," the Democratic presidential candidate said in a speech at the Center for American Progress, a think tank run by former Clinton White House aide John Podesta.

The New York senator, who leads early polls of Democratic contenders for the party's nomination, said she would put together a package of proposals designed to ensure troops have all the equipment they need when they're deployed, to ensure they receive proper health care, and to provide for families.

"I am here to say the buck does stop with this president and if he doesn't take responsibility, I can assure you that the next president will," the Democratic senator said Thursday.

Republicans dismissed her criticism as campaign posturing.

"It's the politically convenient calculation that Americans have come to expect from the senator," said Republican National Committee spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt.

Her proposals include pre-screening troops for physical and mental conditions before they are deployed, and giving single parents in uniform more guardianship options.

She also insisted more needs to be done for those suffering traumatic brain injuries, which she called "the signature injury of the war in Iraq."

Her call for better benefits for troops comes amid a public outcry over conditions at outpatient facilities at a Washington military hospital roughly seven miles from both the White House and Congress.

"In the leadership vacuum that has been left by the Bush administration, too many members of the military and their families have been left literally holding their breath," Clinton said.

Clinton, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, has been an outspoken critic of Bush's handling of the Iraq war, but she has resisted calls by some in her party to label her 2002 vote authorizing the war a "mistake." She has said she wouldn't have voted to authorize the war if she knew then what she knows now.

Her proposals come as Democrats in Congress seek to curtail Bush's recent troop increase to Iraq — an effort Republicans charge is tantamount to abandoning U.S. troops in the field.

stephanie
03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
She's such a phony....

It was because of HER HUSBAND, the blowjob boy (sucking) all the funds of the military...

People aren't that stupid to not know this...:poke:

CSM
03-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Good for her. Would people here be against this even if it helps out the troops just because she's the one sponsoring it and may gain politically from it.

Not necessarily:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070308/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_military;_ylt=AgY0hobqPmh9_lAO5xVKSZ8DW7oF

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton offered a new GI Bill of Rights for men and women in uniform, arguing that Democrats can do a better job of protecting and providing for U.S. troops than the Republican administration.

Hmmm...where were they at the beginning? Where have they been since they got elected?

"This administration is frankly unable to run a two-car parade," the Democratic presidential candidate said in a speech at the Center for American Progress, a think tank run by former Clinton White House aide John Podesta. Ah...so the motivation for this is political and not genuine concern or a desire to do the right thing.
The New York senator, who leads early polls of Democratic contenders for the party's nomination, said she would put together a package of proposals designed to ensure troops have all the equipment they need when they're deployed, to ensure they receive proper health care, and to provide for families. Awesome; I'm all for it. So she wont deploy troops unless they have all the equipment they need (who determines that??). I presume she means proper health care before during and after...I wonder what her plan is for ensuring that? Does that mean all families will be part of their health plan? Oh wait they already are!
"I am here to say the buck does stop with this president and if he doesn't take responsibility, I can assure you that the next president will," the Democratic senator said Thursday.The buck stops with every President as far as CinC goes. I am skeptical about her concept of "responsibility however. Her track record with the treatment of military personnel is not exactly stellar. Anyone remember her comment to the general when she was first bitch?

So far, I think that is a fair assessment.

"It's the politically convenient calculation that Americans have come to expect from the senator," said Republican National Committee spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt. As I said, where was the good Senator's concern prior to this? Care to guess how many visits the Honorable Ms. Clinton made to Walter Reed before this week?
Her proposals include pre-screening troops for physical and mental conditions before they are deployed, ...the military already does that ... at least the Army does... and giving single parents in uniform more guardianship options. Single parents in uniform have the same legal options as single parents out of uniform...every single one of them.

She also insisted more needs to be done for those suffering traumatic brain injuries, which she called "the signature injury of the war in Iraq." Great. What do you think she knows about what is being done for them currently?

Her call for better benefits ... so far she offers everthing they already have; I guess its cheaper that way... for troops comes amid a public outcry over conditions at outpatient facilities at a Washington military hospital roughly seven miles from both the White House and Congress. Yeah, too bad it didn't come BEFORE the pblic outcry...oh wait, then there would not have been a public outcry.
"In the leadership vacuum that has been left by the Bush administration, too many members of the military and their families have been left literally holding their breath," Clinton said. Interesting that it is Congress and not the President that allocates funding and benefits for the military. I guess she forgot that.

Clinton, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, ... I guess she has has some insight and done nothing up til now; her hypocricy is showing! has been an outspoken critic of Bush's handling of the Iraq war, but she has resisted calls by some in her party to label her 2002 vote authorizing the war a "mistake." She has said she wouldn't have voted to authorize the war if she knew then what she knows now. Yeah and if I knew then what I know now I would have worked even harder to ensure her husband had not got elected.
Her proposals come as Democrats in Congress seek to curtail Bush's recent troop increase to Iraq — an effort Republicans charge is tantamount to abandoning U.S. troops in the field.

Yup, looks like posturing to me. Now if she had proposed some real increase or new benefits, I could support that. Alas, she promises what they already have....

Mr. P
03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh she's such a sweet-heart ain't she?

"Where is the G-dam f**king flag? I want the G-dam f**king flag up every f**king morning at f**king sunrise."

Much more...of her sweetness here...http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/hillary-clinton-quotes-t33316.html

03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Isn't this a recipe for disaster in the military? I just can't imagine that a bill which will clearly create law suits against the government by any disgruntled soldier is going to keep our military efficient. We will have people signing up for the military just so they could bring law suits against the government.

stephanie
03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Isn't this a recipe for disaster in the military? I just can't imagine that a bill which will clearly create law suits against the government by any disgruntled soldier is going to keep our military efficient. We will have people signing up for the military just so they could bring law suits against the government.

That's probably what she's hoping for........XXXch.

Hugh Lincoln
03-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't know... pretty clever on Hillary's part, I think, coming on the heels of Walter Reed. This proposal reminds me of how NYC cops felt about Giuliani versus Koch. Koch was more liberal. But he was more pro-union, and hence more pro-cop in terms of pocketbook. Rudy was pro-cop when it came to incidents and crime, but not as union-friendly. Cops quietly preferred Koch.

Gunny
03-08-2007, 10:57 PM

"This administration is frankly unable to run a two-car parade," the Democratic presidential candidate said in a speech at the Center for American Progress, a think tank run by former Clinton White House aide John Podesta.

The New York senator, who leads early polls of Democratic contenders for the party's nomination, said she would put together a package of proposals designed to ensure troops have all the equipment they need when they're deployed, to ensure they receive proper health care, and to provide for families.

"I am here to say the buck does stop with this president and if he doesn't take responsibility, I can assure you that the next president will," the Democratic senator said Thursday.

"It's the politically convenient calculation that Americans have come to expect from the senator," said Republican National Committee spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt.

Her proposals include pre-screening troops for physical and mental conditions before they are deployed, and giving single parents in uniform more guardianship options.

She also insisted more needs to be done for those suffering traumatic brain injuries, which she called "the signature injury of the war in Iraq."

Her call for better benefits for troops comes amid a public outcry over conditions at outpatient facilities at a Washington military hospital roughly seven miles from both the White House and Congress.

"In the leadership vacuum that has been left by the Bush administration, too many members of the military and their families have been left literally holding their breath," Clinton said.

Clinton, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, has been an outspoken critic of Bush's handling of the Iraq war, but she has resisted calls by some in her party to label her 2002 vote authorizing the war a "mistake." She has said she wouldn't have voted to authorize the war if she knew then what she knows now.

Where was this "new" GI Bill from 1992-2000? After all, she got to pursue every other agenda she chose to.

Mr. P
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
That's probably what she's hoping for........XXXch.

Yup, 100% correct IMO. She hates the military. She's as much as said so, I couldn't find the quotes.