PDA

View Full Version : Surge's Success Puts Obama on Defensive

red states rule
07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Will the messiah do the big flip flop and backtrack on his promise to pull the troops out of Iraq?

How will his kook moonbat base react? Could this swing the election to McCain if he does flip and his base turns on him?

The Success of the Surge Seemingly Puts Obama on the Defensive
July 15, 2008 2:22 PM

Though a majority of the American people support ending the war in Iraq and think the invasion was a mistake, Republicans have tried to put Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, into a box as he prepares for his first trip to Iraq since securing his party's presidential nomination.

Weeks ago, after Obama said he would be willing to listen to commanders in the ground to "refine" his policy, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Republicans said Obama was flip-flopping.

Then after Obama clarified that he is sticking by his plans to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq within 16 months, McCain and Republicans painted him as an intransigent partisan whose pending trip to Iraq is nothing more than a photo op.

"Senator Obama is departing soon on a trip abroad that will include a fact-finding mission to Iraq and Afghanistan," McCain said today at a town hall meeting in Albuquerque, "And I note that he is speaking today about his plans for Iraq and Afghanistan before he has even left, before he has talked to General Petraeus, before he has seen the progress in Iraq, and before he has set foot in Afghanistan for the first time. In my experience, fact-finding missions usually work best the other way around: first you assess the facts on the ground, then you present a new strategy."

Another conundrum for Obama: the surge of US troops in Iraq having created a safer and more secure Baghdad, McCain can now (perhaps for the first time) point to an aspect of the war where he is able to argue that his judgment was superior to Obama's.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/the-success-of.html

April15
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM
The troops will be going into Afghanistan to finish what the rock abandoned.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 05:57 PM
The troops will be going into Afghanistan to finish what the rock abandoned.

and staying in Iraq - much to the dismay of the followers of the messiah

I can't wait to see them pissed off, or make excuses for Obama

April15
07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
and staying in Iraq - much to the dismay of the followers of the messiah

I can't wait to see them pissed off, or make excuses for ObamaI don't believe any will be in Iraq as Iraq wants foreign forces out of its country. We may have a post with a thousand but that to me is out of Iraq.

red states rule
07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't believe any will be in Iraq as Iraq wants foreign forces out of its country. We may have a post with a thousand but that to me is out of Iraq.

The messiah is a bigger flip flopper then Kerry. He has the IQ of a doorknob, and is a total loser

When he goes to Iraq, sees the progress, he wil give you guys a one finger salute