PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews Pissed Surge Is Working

red states rule
07-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Like most anti war libs who have spent all their time opposing the war in Iraq -they are pissed off the US is now winning in Iraq

Take liberal moonbat Chris Matthews over at DNCTV. He blew a gasket tonight over the success in Iraq

Matthews Can't Stand That Surge is Working
By Mark Finkelstein (Bio | Archive)
July 15, 2008 - 20:29 ET

I have my issues with Pat Buchanan. Anyone who writes a book arguing we should have found a modus vivendi with Hitler isn't necessarily high on my list. Still, when it comes to spot-on analysis of the political scene, Pat is without peer. But when Buchanan—his own opposition to the Iraq war notwithstanding—argued on this evening's Hardball that McCain's support for the surge is a winning issue for him, it drove Chris Matthews into such a frenzy he was reduced to a reality-defying scream that the surge isn't working.

Air America's Mark Green was along for the bumpy ride. An extended clip was rolled of McCain at a town hall in New Mexico saying that he knows how to win wars, that Obama was wrong to oppose the surge, and that he McCain will build on the Iraq experience to lead us to success in Afghanistan.

Then all hell broke loose.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Pat, are you saying we've won the war in Iraq? What do you mean by winning wars? What wars has John McCain won? Seriously. Name the wars, list them, that we have won under his leadership, or in his view.

PAT BUCHANAN [in a classic bit of realpolitik]: Do you want to get into the substance, or the politics? [Green can be heard laughing in the background.] Look, the American people believe we made a mistake going into Iraq. Barack wins that. The American people believe the surge has worked, it is working.

MATTHEWS [shouting]: No it hasn't! The American people haven't been asked the right question. Pat, you know you're wrong on this. Pat, you're disagreeing with yourself on this, Pat. You have said in the past the reason to stick the army in there with greater strength a year or two ago was to get the Iraqis to solve their own fish. To put it together themselves politically so that we could come home. By that definition, have we won?

BUCHANAN: By the loudness of your argument and your intensity, you are suggesting McCain indeed has a powerful point.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/07/15/mad-matthews-no-surge-hasnt-worked

retiredman
07-15-2008, 10:59 PM
You have said in the past the reason to stick the army in there with greater strength a year or two ago was to get the Iraqis to solve their own fish. To put it together themselves politically so that we could come home. By that definition, have we won?

a valid question. have the Iraqis solved much of anything? Is anyone REALLY confident that the Iraqi army/police force will NOT devolve into sunni and shiite militias going at each other the moment we remove ourselves from the battlespace?

I would merely remind our viewers of the fact that Robert E. Lee was a graduate of the U.S, Military Academy, class of 1829

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:10 AM
You have said in the past the reason to stick the army in there with greater strength a year or two ago was to get the Iraqis to solve their own fish. To put it together themselves politically so that we could come home. By that definition, have we won?

a valid question. have the Iraqis solved much of anything? Is anyone REALLY confident that the Iraqi army/police force will NOT devolve into sunni and shiite militias going at each other the moment we remove ourselves from the battlespace?

I would merely remind our viewers of the fact that Robert E. Lee was a graduate of the U.S, Military Academy, class of 1829

It is well known you are still hopeing for failure in Iraq, and the Dems make your wishes for surrender a reality

To bad for you, your party, and the terrorists - things are getting better in Iraq. The political progress you have been demanding is happening

I hope the good news does not depress you to much

Brookings Institution: Iraq Is Making Political Progress, Too
The latest liberal talking point on Iraq goes something like this: sure, the surge worked, militarily (as if they had said that at the beginning, instead of arguing that more troops would lead to even greater violence), but Iraq has made zero progress politically, so it’s been a waste, and yes, we should bring the boys home as soon as possible.

Well, that’s not the case, and it’s not just conservatives or Bush supporters who are highlighting the real progress being made. The Brookings Institution has been issuing scorecards on Iraq from just about the beginning of the war, and they have often been gloomy reading, to say the least. Not so the latest iteration:

IRAQ’S security turnaround has continued through the winter. The question for 2008 is whether Iraqi security forces can preserve and build on this improvement as they increasingly bear more of the responsibility as the number of American troops declines (and as refugees and internally displaced Iraqis try to return to their homes).

…The most intriguing area of late is the sphere of politics. To track progress, we have established “Brookings benchmarks” — a set of goals on the political front similar to the broader benchmarks set for Baghdad by Congress last year. Our 11 benchmarks include establishing provincial election laws, reaching an oil-revenue sharing accord, enacting pension and amnesty laws, passing annual federal budgets, hiring Sunni volunteers into the security forces, holding a fair referendum on the disputed northern oil city of Kirkuk, and purging extremists from government ministries and security forces.

At the moment, we give the Iraqis a score of 5 out of 11 (our system allows a score of 0, 0.5, or 1 for each category, and is dynamic, meaning we can subtract points for backsliding). It is far too soon to predict that Iraq is headed for stability or sectarian reconciliation. But it is also clear that those who assert that its politics are totally broken have not kept up with the news.

http://decision08.net/2008/03/09/brookings-institution-iraq-is-making-political-progress-too/

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:49 AM
It is well known you are still hopeing for failure in Iraq, and the Dems make your wishes for surrender a reality

To bad for you, your party, and the terrorists - things are getting better in Iraq. The political progress you have been demanding is happening

I hope the good news does not depress you to much

I have NEVER hoped for failure in Iraq. I am glad that things are getting better in iRAQ. Perhaps that will allow us to finally start fighting the real war against islamic extremism. You still failed to address my point (what's new?):

have the Iraqis solved much of anything? Is anyone REALLY confident that the Iraqi army/police force will NOT devolve into sunni and shiite militias going at each other the moment we remove ourselves from the battlespace?

I would merely remind you of the fact that Robert E. Lee was a graduate of the U.S, Military Academy, class of 1829

can you discuss and debate that point or are you really only capable of cut and paste and insults?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I have NEVER hoped for failure in Iraq. I am glad that things are getting better in iRAQ. Perhaps that will allow us to finally start fighting the real war against islamic extremism. You still failed to address my point (what's new?):

have the Iraqis solved much of anything? Is anyone REALLY confident that the Iraqi army/police force will NOT devolve into sunni and shiite militias going at each other the moment we remove ourselves from the battlespace?

I would merely remind you of the fact that Robert E. Lee was a graduate of the U.S, Military Academy, class of 1829

can you discuss and debate that point or are you really only capable of cut and paste and insults?

Bullshit, all you have done is hope for failure. You were giddy over the nightly news showing terrorist attacks and dead US troops

Dems said the surge was a failure before it started. Then when it started to work, the liberal media and Dems tried to ignore it

Then they cried about how no political progress was being made

Now your messiah has fliped on Iraq

Hacks like you are still hopeing the terrorists and ems can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

5stringJeff
07-16-2008, 10:50 AM
I would merely remind our viewers of the fact that Robert E. Lee was a graduate of the U.S, Military Academy, class of 1829[/B]

He was also a superintendent of the US Military Academy, and led the force against John Brown at Harper's Ferry. What does that have to do with anything?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TIrtP6Ba9J0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TIrtP6Ba9J0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:13 PM
He was also a superintendent of the US Military Academy, and led the force against John Brown at Harper's Ferry. What does that have to do with anything?

when push came to shove, he abandoned his allegiance to the United States of America and cast his lot with the confederacy.

Whenever we leave, I believe that all those "well trained" Iraqi military and police forces will go the way of Robert E. Lee and chose allegiance to their sect over their allegiance to Iraq... and we will have two well trained sectarian militias fighting over turf and oil and religion... IMHO

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Bullshit, all you have done is hope for failure. You were giddy over the nightly news showing terrorist attacks and dead US troops

Dems said the surge was a failure before it started. Then when it started to work, the liberal media and Dems tried to ignore it

Then they cried about how no political progress was being made

Now your messiah has fliped on Iraq

Hacks like you are still hopeing the terrorists and ems can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

you can not show one single post of mine where I have EVER hoped for our failure in Iraq.

And again, I am sorry and disappointed in your continued refusal to actually debate any points regarding the actual war in Iraq.

Are you still trying to sell that "AQ is working in cahoots with Iran" story, or have you finally abandoned that?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:15 PM
when push came to shove, he abandoned his allegiance to the United States of America

Just like you have. Birds of a feather.......

You do keep pushing for surrnder and defeat for politcal reasons. Such loyality to your country and the troops

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Just like you have. Birds of a feather.......

You do keep pushing for surrnder and defeat for politcal reasons. Such loyality to your country and the troops

stop with the lies. I have never pushed for surrender or defeat. never.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:22 PM
stop with the lies. I have never pushed for surrender or defeat. never.

You just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:36 PM
You just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper :laugh2:

If you had a post of mine where I ever pushed for surrender or defeat, you would have posted it long ago.

As a matter of fact, if you can find one post of mine where I have ever pushed for America to surrender or be defeated, I will leave this board and never return. You have been urging me to leave for weeks now. Here is your chance. Find a post where I urged "surrender" or "defeat" and I am out of here. Put up or shut up.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:40 PM
If you had a post of mine where I ever pushed for surrender or defeat, you would have posted it long ago.

As a matter of fact, if you can find one post of mine where I have ever pushed for America to surrender or be defeated, I will leave this board and never return. You have been urging me to leave for weeks now. Here is your chance. Find a post where I urged "surrender" or "defeat" and I am out of here. Put up or shut up.

You surrender monkeys call it redeployment. You never talk straight to the voters. Like you call increased spending "investments"

Bottom line is, you have spent years calling for surrender a loss in what yu call "Bush's War"

Problem is, the troops have kicked ass, and political progress is being made. Should your messia complete his flip flop on Iraq and keep the troops there until the kob is done - you will be beside yourself

Either you will lash out at him, or being your usual hack self - join him and flip flop yourself

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
You surrender monkeys call it redeployment. You never talk straight to the voters. Like you call increased spending "investments"

Bottom line is, you have spent years calling for surrender a loss in what yu call "Bush's War"

Problem is, the troops have kicked ass, and political progress is being made. Should your messia complete his flip flop on Iraq and keep the troops there until the kob is done - you will be beside yourself

Either you will lash out at him, or being your usual hack self - join him and flip flop yourself

so...you have a chance ot put your money where your mouth is and boot me off of DP.com forever simply by backing up your scurrilous accusation.

and you wimp out.

Like I said...put up or shut up.:laugh2:

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:44 PM
so...you have a chance ot put your money where your mouth is and boot me off of DP.com forever simply by backing up your scurrilous accusation.

and you wimp out.

Like I said...put up or shut up.:laugh2:

Go hang the white flag up outside your house in honor of the Dem convention

Show your support for the troops in your typical style

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Go hang the white flag up outside your house in honor of the Dem convention

Show your support for the troops in your typical style

You had the chance to kick me off this site forever, and you can't do it...because you are a liar who insults people's integrity, their service and their patriotism if they happen to not believe that the war in Iraq was a good idea or if they honestly believe that, in the long run, the war in Iraq will be counterproductive to our efforts to defeat Islamic extremism.

I have NEVER urged our surrender or out defeat in Iraq. EVER. And you have been exposed as a paper tiger who spews vapid bullshit but none of it is true.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:59 PM
You had the chance to kick me off this site forever, and you can't do it...because you are a liar who insults people's integrity, their service and their patriotism if they happen to not believe that the war in Iraq was a good idea or if they honestly believe that, in the long run, the war in Iraq will be counterproductive to our efforts to defeat Islamic extremism.

I have NEVER urged our surrender or out defeat in Iraq. EVER. And you have been exposed as a paper tiger who spews vapid bullshit but none of it is true.

How can I insult or question your patriotism, and integrity when have neither

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
How can I insult or question your patriotism, and integrity when have neither

bullshit. YOU have the chance to rid this board of manfrommaine forever, RSR. All you have to do is put your money where your mouth is.

post the URL to one post of mine where I EVER urge our surrender or our defeat. That is the lie you keep repeating.... either put up or shut up.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:03 PM
bullshit. YOU have the chance to rid this board of manfrommaine forever, RSR. All you have to do is put your money where your mouth is.

post the URL to one post of mine where I EVER urge our surrender or our defeat. That is the lie you keep repeating.... either put up or shut up.

You have said you will never leave - now you change your tune again. Please keep your stories straight - but they do provide great comic relief :laugh2:

You back the party of surrender and appeasemnt - and your own posts show you are a supreme appeaser

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:08 PM
and before the mesiah decides to surrender in Iraq as yu want him to - he should consider this

New data released this morning shows that growing numbers of Americans see the U.S. winning the War on Terror. Expectations of improvement in Iraq are up significantly as well. Later today, Rasmussen Reports will release statewide polling data for the Presidential and Senate races in Oregon and Kansas.

Currently, McCain leads by a 60% to 26% margin among Evangelical Christians and holds a very slight edge over Obama among other Protestant voters and Catholic voters. Obama holds a thirty-five point advantage among all other voters. Most voters who attend Church at least weekly support McCain and most who rarely or never attend services prefer Obama (crosstabs available for Premium Members).

Both candidates are viewed favorably by 55% of voters nationwide. McCain is viewed favorably by 71% of Evangelical Christians, 59% of other Protestant voters, and 64% of Catholic voters. Obama earns favorable reviews from 39% of Evangelical Christians, 53% of other Protestant voters, and 51% of Catholic voters. Among all other voters, Obama is viewed favorably by 67%, McCain by 38% (see other recent demographic highlights).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
You have said you will never leave - now you change your tune again. Please keep your stories straight - but they do provide great comic relief :laugh2:

You back the party of surrender and appeasemnt - and your own posts show you are a supreme appeaser

put up a post where I advocate surrender or defeat and I promise I will never return.

the ball is in your court.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
put up a post where I advocate surrender or defeat and I promise I will never return.

the ball is in your court.

You have posted many times how you supoport "redeployment" which is the same as surrender. Pack now and avoid the rush :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:14 PM
You have posted many times how you supoport "redeployment" which is the same as surrender. Pack now and avoid the rush :laugh2:

Find a post where I advocate surrender or defeat and I will leave.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Find a post where I advocate surrender or defeat and I will leave.

You will not leave. You will skirt the truth and say redeployment is not surrender. Even thiugh both have the same results

Your word is worthless

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
You will not leave. You will skirt the truth and say redeployment is not surrender. Even thiugh both have the same results

Your word is worthless

redeployment of forces in the battle space is not the same as surrender. To surrender, we must cede territory and assets to a victorious enemy. I have NEVER advocated surrender. I have NEVER advocated defeat.

you lose.

5stringJeff
07-17-2008, 05:21 AM
when push came to shove, he abandoned his allegiance to the United States of America and cast his lot with the confederacy.

Whenever we leave, I believe that all those "well trained" Iraqi military and police forces will go the way of Robert E. Lee and chose allegiance to their sect over their allegiance to Iraq... and we will have two well trained sectarian militias fighting over turf and oil and religion... IMHO

Lee cast his lot with Virginia, whom the US was about to make war upon. And none of the Iraqi sects are considering secession from Iraq as a whole (except maybe the Kurds, who are always considering that). So I don't think your analogy holds.

retiredman
07-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Lee cast his lot with Virginia, whom the US was about to make war upon. And none of the Iraqi sects are considering secession from Iraq as a whole (except maybe the Kurds, who are always considering that). So I don't think your analogy holds.I am suggesting that the Iraqi military is made up of sunnis and shiites who will chose allegiance to their sect over allegiance to their country. Similar to Lee chosing allegiance to the confederacy over his allegiance to the nation.

5stringJeff
07-17-2008, 07:21 AM
I am suggesting that the Iraqi military is made up of sunnis and shiites who will chose allegiance to their sect over allegiance to their country. Similar to Lee chosing allegiance to the confederacy over his allegiance to the nation.

I understand your analogy, but I disagree. All the news reports I have read show that the Iraqis are becoming more, not less, united in their identity as Iraqis.

retiredman
07-17-2008, 07:27 AM
I understand your analogy, but I disagree. All the news reports I have read show that the Iraqis are becoming more, not less, united in their identity as Iraqis.

I understand your disagreement. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

We WILL leave Iraq someday, I would imagine, and when we do, one of us will turn out to be right and the other will turn out to be wrong

ninety years of history as "Iraq"...the vast majority of it marked by deep divisions between sects
vs.
over a millenia of hatred and distrust between the two sides

red states rule
07-17-2008, 11:30 AM
over a millenia of hatred and distrust between the two sides

Sounds like how Democrats have felt about Republicans since the 2000 election

red states rule
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
MFM at a pro terrorist/anti war rally

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/Y/T/protestsign.jpg

retiredman
07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
photographic insults. is that really the extent of it for you?

retiredman
07-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Sounds like how Democrats have felt about Republicans since the 2000 election

math is hard for you, isn't it?

red states rule
07-17-2008, 01:37 PM
photographic insults. is that really the extent of it for you?

Have to be a relative of yours MFM

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/f/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

retiredman
07-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Have to be a relative of yours MFM

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/f/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

well, when I saw the Go USA sign, I thought it might in fact be a relative of mine, but when I saw the other sign, I figured it was probably one of YOUR relatives.

mrg666
07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
its homo's relative there is a little boy there:laugh2:

red states rule
07-17-2008, 02:33 PM
MFM gathering with friends to show support for the troops and his party all at the same time

http://www.capveterans.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fuck_the_troops3.jpg