PDA

View Full Version : Obama Still Losing White Vote

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Get ready for the left and the followers of the messiah to play the race card. Whites still are not buying into the Obama campaign

Poll Finds Obama’s Run Isn’t Closing Divide on Race

By ADAM NAGOURNEY and MEGAN THEE
Published: July 16, 2008
Americans are sharply divided by race heading into the first election in which an African-American will be a major-party presidential nominee, with blacks and whites holding vastly different views of Senator Barack Obama, the state of race relations and how black Americans are treated by society, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

The results of the poll, conducted against the backdrop of a campaign in which race has been a constant if not always overt issue, suggested that Mr. Obama’s candidacy, while generating high levels of enthusiasm among black voters, is not seen by them as evidence of significant improvement in race relations.

After years of growing political polarization, much of the divide in American politics is partisan. But Americans’ perceptions of the fall presidential election between Mr. Obama, Democrat of Illinois, and Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona, also underlined the racial discord that the poll found. More than 80 percent of black voters said they had a favorable opinion of Mr. Obama; about 30 percent of white voters said they had a favorable opinion of him.

Nearly 60 percent of black respondents said race relations were generally bad, compared with 34 percent of whites. Four in 10 blacks say that there has been no progress in recent years in eliminating racial discrimination; fewer than 2 in 10 whites say the same thing. And about one-quarter of white respondents said they thought that too much had been made of racial barriers facing black people, while one-half of black respondents said not enough had been made of racial impediments faced by blacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/16/us/politics/16poll.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

April15
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
That poll should be done in California. This is one of the most racist states today. I will be voting for Obama as he IS the BETTER candidate.

Yurt
07-16-2008, 04:20 PM
That poll should be done in California. This is one of the most racist states today. I will be voting for Obama as he IS the BETTER candidate.

thats a load of crap

-Cp
07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Too bad he IS NOT "African American" nor is he "Black".....

April15
07-16-2008, 04:45 PM
thats a load of crapSo you will be voting for Obama?

stephanie
07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Thats cause us white folk see what a phoney the wonder boy is...

wez not taken in by all that sweetness and change SHIT...:laugh2:

hjmick
07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
So you will be voting for Obama?

What does his vote have to do with racism? If you don't vote for Obama that makes you a racist? Is this the point you're trying to make?

If someone doesn't agree with Obama's policies and chooses not to vote for him does not make him or her a racist. Are there people who will not vote for him because he's half Black? Yes, and they are bigots. Are there people who will not vote for him because they disagree with his policies? Yes, and they are not necessarily bigots.

You Obama supporters need to get over yourselves and quit throwing around the race card. Most voters I know don't give two rips about the man's skin color.

Yurt
07-16-2008, 04:58 PM
So you will be voting for Obama?

what does that have to do with ca being the most racist state?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 05:15 PM
What does his vote have to do with racism? If you don't vote for Obama that makes you a racist? Is this the point you're trying to make?

If someone doesn't agree with Obama's policies and chooses not to vote for him does not make him or her a racist. Are there people who will not vote for him because he's half Black? Yes, and they are bigots. Are there people who will not vote for him because they disagree with his policies? Yes, and they are not necessarily bigots.

You Obama supporters need to get over yourselves and quit throwing around the race card. Most voters I know don't give two rips about the man's skin color.

If Obama wins - get use to this bullshit my friend

Any time anyone disagrees with the messiah, the race card will be played and that person will be tagged a racist

The electrion of Obama will not improve race relations, it will make them worse. The left will overplay the race card more then Jesse Jackson has. They will make Al Sharpton look rational

red states rule
07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
what does that have to do with ca being the most racist state?

It is part of April mindset. He is always blaming others for his failures, so even though he says CA is the most racist state - he still lives there

Is there an anchor ties to his ass so he can't leave?

April15
07-16-2008, 06:00 PM

You Obama supporters need to get over yourselves and quit throwing around the race card. Most voters I know don't give two rips about the man's skin color.Well maybe southern California isn't as bad as northern California. And if you see one candidate being better than another then vote that way. I see Obama being the better candidate.
The vote being racist was the intent of this thread started by RSL.

April15
07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
what does that have to do with ca being the most racist state?It was a retort to your claim that the sate isn't the most racist. And with that in mind you would not vote for for the lesser candidate but for Barrack.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Well maybe southern California isn't as bad as northern California. And if you see one candidate being better than another then vote that way. I see Obama being the better candidate.
The vote being racist was the intent of this thread started by RSL.

It was not racist. People have doubts about another tax and spend liberal who has both terrorists and racists as friends. And shows his liberal arrogance with his bitter and embarrassed we do not speak French comments

Nut necause the mesiah is black, you play the race card when people say they will not vote for him

You do fit the mold as a whiney liberal April

Sitarro
07-16-2008, 06:07 PM

It's that silly preacher accent that drives me crazy, who wants to listen to this dolt for 4 years? That and those chimp ears and the nappy hair:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 06:35 PM
It's that silly preacher accent that drives me crazy, who wants to listen to this dolt for 4 years? That and those chimp ears and the nappy hair:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:.

Whiney ass race baiters like April and MFM for starters

http://images.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoxMTJfRi5qcGd 8bG9hZD1MMCxodHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLmNhZmVwcmVzcy5jb20va W1hZ2UvNDc5Mzc5MF80MDB4NDAwLmpwZ3x8c2NhbGU9TDAsMTY wLDE2MCxXaGl0ZXxjb21wb3NlPWJsYW5rLEwwLEFkZCwxNjUsM TE3fGNwPXJlc3VsdCxibGFua3xzY2FsZT1yZXN1bHQsMCw0ODA sV2hpdGV8Y29tcHJlc3Npb249OTV8

April15
07-16-2008, 06:37 PM
It was not racist. People have doubts about another tax and spend liberal who has both terrorists and racists as friends. And shows his liberal arrogance with his bitter and embarrassed we do not speak French comments

Nut necause the mesiah is black, you play the race card when people say they will not vote for him

You do fit the mold as a whiney liberal AprilI'll make a note of that. Very important news to me.

April15
07-16-2008, 06:43 PM
It is part of April mindset. He is always blaming others for his failures, so even though he says CA is the most racist state - he still lives there

Is there an anchor ties to his ass so he can't leave?
Red States lose,
you are the one who claims blame not me. I was born here and I like it here. I have seen other places and none compare .

red states rule
07-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Red States lose,
you are the one who claims blame not me. I was born here and I like it here. I have seen other places and none compare .

So you like living in a racist state? If you like it why whine about it?

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
So you like living in a racist state? If you like it why whine about it?

Obama is leading McCain in Maine by a wide margin and our state is nearly entirely white.:laugh2:

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Obama is leading McCain in Maine by a wide margin and our state is nearly entirely white.:laugh2:

and that rpoves what? Are you now saying you know more then the NY Times poll?

It is not unusal people are having doubts about the messiah. He has told almost as many lies as you have. Has fliped floped on more issues then Kerry. And will tax nearly all workers and companies into oblivion

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
and that rpoves what? Are you now saying you know more then the NY Times poll?

It is not unusal people are having doubts about the messiah. He has told almost as many lies as you have. Has fliped floped on more issues then Kerry. And will tax nearly all workers and companies into oblivion
I am saying that all the polls show his overall numbers widening. and I am saying that, in maine, Obama has no problems capturing the white vote.

I can't believe that YOU are putting stock in the "DNC Times" poll, however. I find that to be really hilarious.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I am saying that all the polls show his overall numbers widening. and I am saying that, in maine, Obama has no problems capturing the white vote.

I can't believe that YOU are putting stock in the "DNC Times" poll, however. I find that to be really hilarious.

Boy you do lie like hell. Most polls show about 3 to 4 point messiah lead

Newsweek went from a 15 point lead down to 3

The more the messiah shows his liberalism, arrogance, and lies to base the easier it gets for McCain

retiredman
07-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Boy you do lie like hell. Most polls show about 3 to 4 point messiah lead

Newsweek went from a 15 point lead down to 3

The more the messiah shows his liberalism, arrogance, and lies to base the easier it gets for McCain

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

look at the graph half way down the page.

lead is widening. it would seem that you are the one lying like hell.

oh...wasn't RCP your FAVORITE polling site?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

look at the graph half way down the page.

lead is widening. it would seem that you are the one lying like hell.

oh...wasn't RCP your FAVORITE polling site?

No you are the one lying as usual

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll shows Barack Obama attracting 45% of the vote while John McCain earns 41%. When "leaners" are included, it’s Obama 48% and McCain 45% (see recent daily results). Other polling shows that, in a hypothetical match-up, Obama leads the current President by twenty percentage points while Hillary Clinton does a bit better than Obama against McCain. Tracking Polls are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

retiredman
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
No you are the one lying as usual

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll shows Barack Obama attracting 45% of the vote while John McCain earns 41%. When "leaners" are included, it’s Obama 48% and McCain 45% (see recent daily results). Other polling shows that, in a hypothetical match-up, Obama leads the current President by twenty percentage points while Hillary Clinton does a bit better than Obama against McCain. Tracking Polls are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

rasmussen? but I thought you were a big fan of RCP because it averaged all the major polls? wasn't that your pitch back in '06? My link to RCP shows their average of all major polls with a widening gap for Obama. Care to explain it or even acknowledge it? of course not.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:06 PM
rasmussen? but I thought you were a big fan of RCP because it averaged all the major polls? wasn't that your pitch back in '06? My link to RCP shows their average of all major polls with a widening gap for Obama. Care to explain it or even acknowledge it? of course not.

and the average is about 4 points

The daily tracking reflects the flip flops, lies, and gaffes by your messiah. Deep down you are shocked he is not up by 15 to 20 points

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:40 PM
and the average is about 4 points

The daily tracking reflects the flip flops, lies, and gaffes by your messiah. Deep down you are shocked he is not up by 15 to 20 points

the daily tracking shows the gap widening. just as I said. that is a fact. you are a liar.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:43 PM
the daily tracking shows the gap widening. just as I said. that is a fact. you are a liar.

You are stuck not only on stupid but on serial lying mode :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
You are stuck not only on stupid but on serial lying mode:

FACT:

from the chart:

7/13
Obama: 46.4
McCain: 42.6

7/14
Obama: 46.6
McCain: 42.6

7/15
Obama: 47.0
McCain: 42.5

7/16
Obama: 47.1
McCain: 42.3

DO THE MATH, RSR.

YOUR favorite polling site, Real Clear Politics, which averages all the major polls, shows Obama with a lead that is growing wider every day.

YOU are the liar if you continue to deny those FACTS.

April15
07-16-2008, 09:55 PM
So you like living in a racist state? If you like it why whine about it?I like California because it is counter to what some idiots think. We usually lead the nation with ideas and technology but in this case we are dead last. The only reason I can think this is the case is all the red state losers that have moved here for the good jobs.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
The average is around 4% and the tracking poll has Obama at 4%

Where is the ie -except the one you are trying to push :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:00 PM
The average is around 4% and the tracking poll has Obama at 4%

Where is the ie -except the one you are trying to push :laugh2:

I don't know what you are trying to say...learn to spell.

As I said. Obama's lead is getting wider every day. That was a true statement and YOU are the liar for denying that fact.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't know what you are trying to say...learn to spell.

As I said. Obama's lead is getting wider every day. That was a true statement and YOU are the liar for denying that fact.

So 4 points is a wider lead? :laugh2:

No wonder you are no longer taken seriously here

stephanie
07-16-2008, 10:07 PM

widening?they've been neck and neck for months now....you make me laugh...........widening:laugh2::laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:08 PM
widening?they've been neck and neck for months now....you make me laugh...........widening:laugh2::laugh2:

math is hard for you, eh? gosh I'm sorry.

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
So 4 points is a wider lead? :laugh2:

No wonder you are no longer taken seriously here

address the numbers from YOUR favorite polling site as posted in #29.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
address the numbers from YOUR favorite polling site as posted in #29.

You are such a joke. 4 points and you say the gap is getting bigger :laugh2:

You are a stranger to truth

stephanie
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
math is hard for you, eh? gosh I'm sorry.

maybe math is hard for me...but the truth is hard for you..:coffee:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
You are such a joke. 4 points and you say the gap is getting bigger :laugh2:

You are a stranger to truth

what do the numbers from your favorite polling place indicate?

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
maybe math is hard for me...but the truth is hard for you..:coffee:

post #29.

Is Real Clear Politics lying?

Or are you just having a hard time with the subtraction?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
what do the numbers from your favorite polling place indicate?

The RCP average is about 4 points the same as the tracking poll

Need redmedial math as well as remedial reading classes :laugh2:

retiredman
07-16-2008, 10:19 PM
The RCP average is about 4 points the same as the tracking poll

Need redmedial math as well as remedial reading classes :laugh2:

what do the daily tracking numbers from post #29 reveal:

A widening lead for Obama.

YOU are the liar

red states rule
07-17-2008, 11:37 AM
what do the daily tracking numbers from post #29 reveal:

A widening lead for Obama.

YOU are the liar

Sorry old man, the RCP average today is still slightly above 4% - just like the daily tracking poll

If only your lies were not so easy to disprove things might be easier for you :laugh2:

Trigg
07-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Gallop poll shows them neck in neck for weeks now also.

They're with in 2 points now.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/108889/Gallup-Daily-Obama-46-McCain-44.aspx

red states rule
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Gallop poll shows them neck in neck for weeks now also.

They're with in 2 points now.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/108889/Gallup-Daily-Obama-46-McCain-44.aspx

MFM will look at the poll, and post how his messiah, our saviour, is adding to his lead :laugh2:

retiredman
07-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Sorry old man, the RCP average today is still slightly above 4% - just like the daily tracking poll

If only your lies were not so easy to disprove things might be easier for you :laugh2:

today it narrowed slightly. the data points I provided yesterday, which you conveniently ignored and called me a liar about, were from your favorite polling place and they did, in fact, demonstrate that his lead had been increasing every day for five days in a row. those are the facts. you always claim to be such a big fan of facts, but somehow you always seem to run away from them with your tail between your legs whenever those facts don't suit you.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
today it narrowed slightly. the data points I provided yesterday, which you conveniently ignored and called me a liar about, were from your favorite polling place and they did, in fact, demonstrate that his lead had been increasing every day for five days in a row. those are the facts. you always claim to be such a big fan of facts, but somehow you always seem to run away from them with your tail between your legs whenever those facts don't suit you.

As usual you are right and everyone else is wrong

Typical of the old bitter man from Maine

The messiah is not closing the sale - and his constant outburts of liberalism is turning off the voters

retiredman
07-17-2008, 02:20 PM
As usual you are right and everyone else is wrong

Typical of the old bitter man from Maine

The messiah is not closing the sale - and his constant outburts of liberalism is turning off the voters

I am right about this. numbers don't lie. YOur very own favorite polling webstie showed that he had a lead and it was widening for five days in a row... it narrowed by a fraction of a percent today.

typical that you cannot admit when you were wrong.

I am sorry for you. I hope you can find a way to deal with this chronic inability to show self criticism.... it could be a dangerous fault in your life.

read the parable of the wheat and the weeds.... you need to know which you are.

April15
07-17-2008, 02:25 PM
This thread has gotten so far off course it is silly. It was started as race bait and still is.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM
This thread has gotten so far off course it is silly. It was started as race bait and still is.

Hiow is race bait to point out the facts? If anyone race baits it is the left, by whining how the messiah is getting a minority of white votes - whiile giddy that nearly all blacks will vote for him?

Yurt
07-17-2008, 02:45 PM

is it racist to say that obama has 90% or more of the black vote?

red states rule
07-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Of course not - only whites can be racists

Here is one huge difference between the messiah and John McCain

http://www.capveterans.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mccain_and_obama_younger_years.jpg

Abbey Marie
07-17-2008, 02:58 PM

The important thing is that it is racist that people are voting based on race.

Abbey Marie
07-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Of course not - only whites can be racists

Here is one huge difference between the messiah and John McCain

http://www.capveterans.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mccain_and_obama_younger_years.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/honeybee1/punten.gif

red states rule
07-17-2008, 03:04 PM
http://users.telenet.be/honeybee1/punten.gif

I humbly accept your accolades Abbey

(Where's the rep?) :laugh2:

Sitarro
07-17-2008, 04:58 PM

I think Maine should prove how non-racist they are by extending an invitation to take all of the Katrina refugees to add "color" to your state, you can start with the shit now destroying the Houston metro area.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 05:01 PM
I think Maine should prove how non-racist they are by extending an invitation to take all of the Katrina refugees to add "color" to your state, you can start with the shit now destroying the Houston metro area.

http://www.americans-working-together.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/obama_button.jpg

retiredman
07-17-2008, 05:07 PM

we're pretty filled up with somali refugees right now...

Sitarro
07-17-2008, 05:21 PM
we're pretty filled up with somali refugees right now...

Perfect, maybe the real Africans could teach the fake Africans how to act in a responsible and civilized manner.

Yurt
07-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Perfect, maybe the real Africans could teach the fake Africans how to act in a responsible and civilized manner.

the state of maine is really "full" with not even 2000 somali's according to this article and see how they welcome them with open arms:

People whispered that Somalis were getting free cars, courtesy of the government, $10,000 grants, even free air-conditioners and groceries. Word had it that they got to jump to the head of the line for government-subsidized apartments.

None of this was true, but the intensity of the false rumors reflects the distinct unease surrounding the sudden arrival of so many Somalis to this fraying mill town. More than 1,000 have poured into this city of 36,000 in the last 18 months. Immigration experts said they could not think of another city that, proportionately speaking, had absorbed so many newcomers so quickly.

The culture clash came to a head this month when Mayor Laurier T. Raymond Jr. wrote an open letter to the Somalis of Lewiston, asking them to stop other Somalis from coming.

The mayor's letter, written in English to a community with many non-English speakers, said: ''Please pass the word: We have been overwhelmed and have responded valiantly. Now we need breathing room. Our city is maxed-out financially, physically and emotionally.''

The letter exploded like a grenade among Somalis here and set off ripples across the state and beyond. Somali elders responded with their own letter, accusing the mayor of being an ''ill-informed leader who is bent towards bigotry.''
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A0DEED61E3AF936A25753C1A9649C8B 63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

The Census Bureau estimated the number of blacks in Maine in 2005 at 13,456, or 1 percent of the population. That's up from 6,760, or 0.5 percent of the population, in 2000. During the five-year period, the white population declined from 96.9 percent of the total to 96 percent.
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/state/060805census.shtml

i guess having your population of blacks double to 1 percent really bothers some people from maine.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 05:50 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm125/fourthsign/obama-liarliar.jpg