PDA

View Full Version : Obama Promises To Nationalize Education In America

red states rule
07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Dirst the messiah wants the Feds to run the healtcare industry in the US - now he wants the Feds to take over the public education system

Is there any aspect of our lives the messiah does not want the Federal government involved in?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Obama Promises To Nationalize Education In America

Here’s an excerpt from a speech Obama delivered to the American Federation of Teachers (read: teacher’s union):

And when our educators succeed, I won’t just talk about how great they are; I will reward them for it. Under my plan, districts will be able to give teachers who mentor, or teach in underserved areas, or take on added responsibilities, or learn new skills to serve students better, or consistently excel in the classroom, the salary increase they deserve. And whether it’s the plans AFT helped create in Cincinnati or Chicago, you’ve shown that it is possible to find new ways to increase teacher pay that are developed with teachers, not imposed on them.

First, it’s interesting that Obama would mention education in Cincinnati as though the city were some sort of education success story. Seven of the Cincinnati Public School system’s seventeen high schools have been listed as “drop out factories.”

But hey, the teacher’s union was able to squeeze more money out of the taxpayers despite that failure rate, so I guess we’re considering it a success.

Second, since when does the federal government get to dictate teacher pay? Isn’t an education a state and local issue? Do we really want the federal government to start running the schools? Do we really think there is a political leader in the world capable of crafting education policy that is right for both Los Angeles and rural North Dakota?

Bush trampled federalist principle when he instituted No Child Left Behind, but now it appears as though Obama is poised to out-and-out nationalize education.

So forget about local control, parents. Obama will be calling the shots on your kids school from Washington DC if he’s President.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/obama_promises_to_nationalize_education_in_america/

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Dirst the messiah wants the Feds to run the healtcare industry in the US - now he wants the Feds to take over the public education system

Is there any aspect of our lives the messiah does not want the Federal government involved in?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Obama Promises To Nationalize Education In America

Here’s an excerpt from a speech Obama delivered to the American Federation of Teachers (read: teacher’s union):

And when our educators succeed, I won’t just talk about how great they are; I will reward them for it. Under my plan, districts will be able to give teachers who mentor, or teach in underserved areas, or take on added responsibilities, or learn new skills to serve students better, or consistently excel in the classroom, the salary increase they deserve. And whether it’s the plans AFT helped create in Cincinnati or Chicago, you’ve shown that it is possible to find new ways to increase teacher pay that are developed with teachers, not imposed on them.

First, it’s interesting that Obama would mention education in Cincinnati as though the city were some sort of education success story. Seven of the Cincinnati Public School system’s seventeen high schools have been listed as “drop out factories.”

But hey, the teacher’s union was able to squeeze more money out of the taxpayers despite that failure rate, so I guess we’re considering it a success.

Second, since when does the federal government get to dictate teacher pay? Isn’t an education a state and local issue? Do we really want the federal government to start running the schools? Do we really think there is a political leader in the world capable of crafting education policy that is right for both Los Angeles and rural North Dakota?

Bush trampled federalist principle when he instituted No Child Left Behind, but now it appears as though Obama is poised to out-and-out nationalize education.

So forget about local control, parents. Obama will be calling the shots on your kids school from Washington DC if he’s President.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/obama_promises_to_nationalize_education_in_america/

It's only for our own good. Besides--when we get smarter he won't have to be so embarrassed when he travels overseas. :laugh2:

red states rule
07-16-2008, 05:41 PM
It's only for our own good. Besides--when we get smarter he won't have to be so embarrassed when he travels overseas. :laugh2:

I guess he is really running for President of the Teachers Union

midcan5
07-16-2008, 05:46 PM
jeez, you get your thoughts from wacko blogs, and here I thought they electronically transmitted nonsense to your brain through that receiver marked, made in dumbville for dummies.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 05:48 PM
jeez, you get your thoughts from wacko blogs, and here I thought they electronically transmitted nonsense to your brain through that receiver marked, made in dumbville for dummies.

So are you saying your messiah did NOT make the statement - or are you trying to flame as usual?

I know you would have no objection to the Feds taking over and tossing out local control of the schools. With you and your kind, it is all about power anyway

5stringJeff
07-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Education in America has become more and more nationalized since the formation of the Department of Education. It should be abolished, as the Constitution does not empower Congress to appropriate money towards education. All public education should be the perogative of state and local governments.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Education in America has become more and more nationalized since the formation of the Department of Education. It should be abolished, as the Constitution does not empower Congress to appropriate money towards education. All public education should be the perogative of state and local governments.

On this topic Jeff I agreew ith you 100%

the messiah will increase not only our taxes, but the size of the bloated pig known as the Federal government

5stringJeff
07-16-2008, 08:11 PM
On this topic Jeff I agreew ith you 100%

the messiah will increase not only our taxes, but the size of the bloated pig known as the Federal government

And McCain may not increase our taxes, but he sure as hell won't shrink the government. The only vote for smaller government is a vote for Bob Barr.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:13 PM
And McCain may not increase our taxes, but he sure as hell won't shrink the government. The only vote for smaller government is a vote for Bob Barr.

With all due respect, a vote for Barr is a vote for Obama. I know how you feel, but I am being realistic

I wil not vote for either Obama or McCain. I do not like either one of them. However. Barr does not have a snowballs chance in hell of even coming close to winning

5stringJeff
07-16-2008, 08:17 PM
With all due respect, a vote for Barr is a vote for Obama. I know how you feel, but I am being realistic

I wil not vote for either Obama or McCain. I do not like either one of them. However. Barr does not have a snowballs chance in hell of even coming close to winning

Well if you're not voting for McCain, and you agree with Barr, then why aren't you voting for Barr?

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Well if you're not voting for McCain, and you agree with Barr, then why aren't you voting for Barr?

Barr is on an ego trip. He knows he can't win and he is trying to play the role od spoiler

Nader may offset some of the votes Barr takes away from McCain

I would rather have McCain the Obama. Obama will be another Peanut Carter and put us through hell for 4 years

Yurt
07-16-2008, 08:34 PM

what is the difference between a no vote and a vote for bar? either way obama gets nothing and mccain gets nothing.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:36 PM
what is the difference between a no vote and a vote for bar? either way obama gets nothing and mccain gets nothing.

In most cases, if you are voting for Barr -you would have voted for McCain if Barr was not in the race

Same goes for Nader, but I do not think he will have much of an impact

I can't in good conscience vote for McCain. Unlike someone we all know and detest - I will notcompromise my principals to win an election

gabosaurus
07-16-2008, 09:02 PM
We've bailed out the airlines and are likely to bail out the mortgage system. Our government has subsidized all manner of industries. Why not bail out our beleaguered education system?
Just because idiots like RSR don't believe in education doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.
Children are the best investment anyone can make in America.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:06 PM
We've bailed out the airlines and are likely to bail out the mortgage system. Our government has subsidized all manner of industries. Why not bail out our beleaguered education system?
Just because idiots like RSR don't believe in education doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

You seem to ignore the fact government has been running the education system Gabby. The more money they pour into it, the worse the results are. If money was the answer, DC schools would have the best results in the nation. They are near the bottom

I must say you are the most hate filled little bitch I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. I feel sorry for you daughter. I do hope she does not pick up your character traits

gabosaurus
07-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Are you totally clueless? The government does NOT run the education system! Every public school district is run separately. If the public does not approve funding for the schools, they do not improve. Some school districts have not been able to build new schools or improve existing ones for several decades. That is why the government needs to step in.
Not that you would know. If you graduated from high school, I will be greatly surprised.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Are you totally clueless? The government does NOT run the education system! Every public school district is run separately. If the public does not approve funding for the schools, they do not improve. Some school districts have not been able to build new schools or improve existing ones for several decades. That is why the government needs to step in.
Not that you would know. If you graduated from high school, I will be greatly surprised.

They get mandates from the Feds, then local and state fovernment. You want the same people who run Social Security and Medicare to run our schools?

The money spent is insane given the results

You could take 1/2 the money spent on public schools and send every kid to a private school and have money left over

I would love to see that happen, to bad there are not enough private schools to do the job

As dar as new schools, maybe if they did not spend tax dollars for pools, stadiums, and other non education items they would have the money in the budget

Mr. P
07-16-2008, 10:49 PM

Totally clueless you are, yes. Atlanta has poured dollar after dollar into the schools and they still fall at the bottom in scores. Money doesn't improve education. Parental involvement does and it's FREE!

Yurt
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM

by "government" i am assuming you mean the federal government...

what about the department of education run by the secretary of state?

5stringJeff
07-17-2008, 05:26 AM
by "government" i am assuming you mean the federal government...

what about the department of education run by the secretary of state?

The Department of Education is not run by the Secretary of State. It's run by the Secretary of Education, as a separate Cabinet level post.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
The Department of Education is not run by the Secretary of State. It's run by the Secretary of Education, as a separate Cabinet level post.

Then when are they going to do some educating? We are paying enough in taxes yet we never see any results

5stringJeff
07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Then when are they going to do some educating? We are paying enough in taxes yet we never see any results

That's why I favor eliminating the Department of Education, reducing the federal tax burden, and allowing states and local governments to have complete control over education.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 11:35 AM
That's why I favor eliminating the Department of Education, reducing the federal tax burden, and allowing states and local governments to have complete control over education.

Again I agree. As I pointed out to Gabby; we could take 1/2 of the education budget and pay for every kid to attend a private school and give the remaining money back to the taxpayer

If only there were enough private schools to pull it off

Yurt
07-17-2008, 11:38 AM

thats what i meant, typo :smoke:

Yurt
07-17-2008, 11:41 AM

the department is highly ineffectual and really has little power, save supposedly making sure that our education is somewhat uniform across the nation. which i don't have a problem with. i don't think it would be a good idea to have the states creating very unique or unique curriculum as it could lead to vast disparities in education and standards, such as going to a college in another state....you can't because your state did not teach this or that...

red states rule
07-17-2008, 11:43 AM
the department is highly ineffectual and really has little power, save supposedly making sure that our education is somewhat uniform across the nation. which i don't have a problem with. i don't think it would be a good idea to have the states creating very unique or unique curriculum as it could lead to vast disparities in education and standards, such as going to a college in another state....you can't because your state did not teach this or that...

In other words Yurt it is a waste of our tax dollars, and the rat hole needs to be plugged up, and the money given back to the taxpayers

I agree

Yurt
07-17-2008, 11:49 AM
In other words Yurt it is a waste of our tax dollars, and the rat hole needs to be plugged up, and the money given back to the taxpayers

I agree

how do you recommend ensuring that we have some uniform standard(s) for our nations primary education?

red states rule
07-17-2008, 11:55 AM
how do you recommend ensuring that we have some uniform standard(s) for our nations primary education?

What does a government worker in DC know what is needed in the classroom of Chicago?

That would be like me in PA telling you what your kids needs in their schools

5stringJeff
07-17-2008, 12:05 PM

Do we need uniform standards across the nation?

Yurt
07-17-2008, 12:17 PM
What does a government worker in DC know what is needed in the classroom of Chicago?

That would be like me in PA telling you what your kids needs in their schools

Do we need uniform standards across the nation?

do SAT's matter?

red states rule
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
do SAT's matter?

I would compare that to being able to parallel park to get your drivers license. It is a basic requirement - the government should not have to tell the states to teach reading, English, and math

Trigg
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Yes they are, which is why more parents need to pull their collective heads out of their asses and make sure they kids attend. They need to spend less time making sure Jr. has the latest shoes and more time making sure he has his head bent over a book.

The gov. needs to stay the hell away from the schools. No child left behind has done a grand job of dumbing down the system, so that the bright and average kids are left twiddling their thumbs so that ONE child in the class can keep up. The schools have disruptive children in classes so that the teacher spends most of the day with that one and the others are left to themselves.

We don't want to remove disruptive or challenged children from class, that would make them "feel bad". Nope instead lets put them all together so that NO ONE gets ahead. Then we can all sit around and wonder why our children don't perform as well as they used to.

Yurt
07-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I would compare that to being able to parallel park to get your drivers license. It is a basic requirement - the government should not have to tell the states to teach reading, English, and math

fair enough. i believe drivers licenses do have some federal standards, in that, the states accept federal money and with that money the fed gov has attached conditions to driving, speed limits, etc..

do you think it benefits the country to have national standards for education? or should the standards vary state to state?

Hobbit
07-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Money does not equal success, either in education or in government. As Mr. P stated earlier, Atlanta city schools spend more money per student than any district in the rest of the state, and probably several surrounding states, yet they have some of the worst schools in the country. The private schools in Atlanta, however, spend less than half as much per student as the state average and regularly produce students with college scholarships.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Yes they are, which is why more parents need to pull their collective heads out of their asses and make sure they kids attend. They need to spend less time making sure Jr. has the latest shoes and more time making sure he has his head bent over a book.

The gov. needs to stay the hell away from the schools. No child left behind has done a grand job of dumbing down the system, so that the bright and average kids are left twiddling their thumbs so that ONE child in the class can keep up. The schools have disruptive children in classes so that the teacher spends most of the day with that one and the others are left to themselves.

We don't want to remove disruptive or challenged children from class, that would make them "feel bad". Nope instead lets put them all together so that NO ONE gets ahead. Then we can all sit around and wonder why our children don't perform as well as they used to.

How about outcome based education? This has done alot to dumb down our kids. It makes sure the kids feel real good about themselves but it also keeps them stupid

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/dumb/dumb3.htm

emmett
07-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Again I agree. As I pointed out to Gabby; we could take 1/2 of the education budget and pay for every kid to attend a private school and give the remaining money back to the taxpayer

If only there were enough private schools to pull it off

Oohh! One of my favorite subjects. Good point RSR. and.....................I have the answer for you.

Firstly, we have plenty of school buildings. Plenty! A conversion woulod be necessary of these buildings to be purchased by private enterprise would be in order. Next question, Yeah but there aren't enough private school administrations and companies waiting to occupy and properly run these education businesses. Correct! Not now. But there could be. The teachers are already occupying these classrooms. They just need to be taught how to teach.

Obviously the intent of the Dept of Education was to see that every child is educated. That is a wonderful premise but as you know some children are penalized because they are smarter than others in our system.

In Private School there would be no 12 year mandate. A child could progress at their own level. More intelligent children and challenged children could progress at the rate conducive with their learning ability.

Imagine the Free market influence existing in school administation. Every teacher would know if they didn't produce good students they may lose their jub because their school would go out of business when noone sent their kids to that school. Whoa! Competition!

As we all know, privately ran institutions of learning would be far more effiecient than public ones. The waste would be eliminated and the average person could send their kids there for less than they pay in school tax.

What would poor kids do? Well, it certainly would not be fitting to say they couldn't go to school. Let lotterys fund their education and they better perform, meaning their parents would have to monitor them and be responsible. If they didn't buckle down and learn, they would not have education available. Tough shit!

The strong have carried the weak for long enough in this country. We settle for this ridiculous method of educating our kids based solely on the BOTTOM of the pack. No child left behind, what a joke! It should read, no child allowed to attain too much! This is why our society takes a dive in every generation. Take a look at our kids, they are fat, dumb and lazy! Our education system, lazy parents, the breakdown of family and low requirements have made them this way and that is all of our fault. Each and every one of us share in this blame because we do not collectively do something about it.

"I can't let Johnny play little league this year because I don't have the money. Oops, excuse me, my CELL PHONE is ringing. I'm sorry, like I was saying I'll have to let Sony Play Station be his baby sitter this year again. Anyway, what if he gets hurt."

Ever since the 50's and 60's we have come to believe that it is government's responsibility to educate our kids. IT ISN'T. It is OUR responsibility to educate them. A parent who does not interact each day with their children's education is a worthless parent, I'm sorry, that is just how I feel.

The most important thing we have is our children. Our number ONE priority, before anything else should be teaching them everything they need to know to survive in the world. Every lesson they are ever assigned in school should be gone over with a parent, or at the very least (for those who are willing to settle), a tudor or someone who DOES have an interest.

Private education is the answer to better quality. We all know this. Parent participation is the key regardless. Don't raise dumb lazy kids. Now of course I know that every person on here who spends time has brilliant well adjusted children because if you didn't, you wouldn't have time to be on here so I re4alize i am preaching to the chior.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 12:48 PM
If it was such a good point emmett where is the rep? :laugh2:

Private education is the best way to go. You get rid of the teachers union, and the teachers run the classroom

The kids are taught, and not passed thriugh the revolving door

and we can do it for about half the cost

It is a win win for everyone - except the union hacks and lovers of big government

Trigg
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
How about outcome based education? This has done alot to dumb down our kids. It makes sure the kids feel real good about themselves but it also keeps them stupid

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/dumb/dumb3.htm

So many of these reports compair the US to countries where children need to TEST INTO high school.

One example. In Finland children test into highschool those that do poorly are then diverted into vocational schools. After highschool they again test into college.

As a result they have a very low dropout rate. In the US children are required to attend highschool and ANYONE can go to college. They have an outcome based education, that I don't think the libs would go for in this country.

Yurt
07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
=emmett;273053]
The strong have carried the weak for long enough in this country. We settle for this ridiculous method of educating our kids based solely on the BOTTOM of the pack. No child left behind, what a joke! It should read, no child allowed to attain too much! This is why our society takes a dive in every generation. Take a look at our kids, they are fat, dumb and lazy! Our education system, lazy parents, the breakdown of family and low requirements have made them this way and that is all of our fault. Each and every one of us share in this blame because we do not collectively do something about it......

good point. i attended an inner city school for 7-9th grade. our school had the 2nd highest F's in the county of san diego. an lo and behold, instead of having the teachers try harder or having the parents become more involved, the school simply lowered its curriculum standards in order to bring up the average grades. yay, public education.

Ever since the 50's and 60's we have come to believe that it is government's responsibility to educate our kids. IT ISN'T. It is OUR responsibility to educate them. A parent who does not interact each day with their children's education is a worthless parent, I'm sorry, that is just how I feel.

we rely far too much on "uncle" sam

Kathianne
07-17-2008, 07:11 PM

This may seem extreme, but the requirement for a Constitution Test is really all the Feds should require, I believe each state does. Other than that, national standards are really either duplicates of state standards or inane. there are no National Standards on Social Studies, for the simple reason that when the NCSS wrote them, college professors went ballistic, as they were crazy pc. To teach to them would have left more gaps in history, economics, and geography than we already face. So, now the Center for Civic Education has been trying to get them written for the past few years. Interestingly enough, they want more than 2 semesters in hs devoted to civics/American history. That's out of sync with most states, so still not done.

Kathianne
07-17-2008, 07:13 PM
do SAT's matter?

SAT requirements, as well as AP are already addressed by state standards.

Kathianne
07-17-2008, 07:17 PM
fair enough. i believe drivers licenses do have some federal standards, in that, the states accept federal money and with that money the fed gov has attached conditions to driving, speed limits, etc..

do you think it benefits the country to have national standards for education? or should the standards vary state to state?

Yurt, they don't really differ much, mostly has to do with English/Lit; Social studies, as mentioned; and more and more, science via intelligent design. As for the regional differences, I'm not so sure that isn't a good idea, it brings a bit of debate and philosophy into classrooms across the nation.

Yurt
07-17-2008, 07:26 PM
SAT requirements, as well as AP are already addressed by state standards.

did not know that.

Yurt, they don't really differ much, mostly has to do with English/Lit; Social studies, as mentioned; and more and more, science via intelligent design. As for the regional differences, I'm not so sure that isn't a good idea, it brings a bit of debate and philosophy into classrooms across the nation.

good points. i guess i just wondered how the 50 states could keep us as a nation uniform (somewhat) in education without someone overseeing all 50 states in order to make sure someone from maine is learning pretty much the same thing as someone from california.

Kathianne
07-17-2008, 07:37 PM
did not know that.

good points. i guess i just wondered how the 50 states could keep us as a nation uniform (somewhat) in education without someone overseeing all 50 states in order to make sure someone from maine is learning pretty much the same thing as someone from california.

Hopefully in grades 1-3 the content is quite uniform and it is. (This goes to literature: Some districts, states, have basically censored things like Harry Potter and some others, I don't teach those grades, that's just one I know.)

Now when you move into the upper grammar school, (3/4-5/6), there are some changes in the areas I mentioned. Obviously the emphasis on Civil War changes, how to approach, strands, etc. Then there is a difference among the states on how much emphasis should be given to 'gender/racial/religious issues, agreements, differences.)

I'm certain that television, radio, movies, travel, internet has made our differences smaller. We share/explain in ways our parents and grandparents never could have. On the other hand, getting rid of all regional differences may not be in the best interest of our country either. Not that I think for a nanosecond that the Fed could influence that much. ;)

Here's my particular take on education. If one controls for parent education level, marriage/divorce rates, for the most part one would find the kids across the nation pretty close. There are differences among races however, which I tend to think are related to what I'm now calling "The Obama Syndrome", thinking it cooler to get high rather than hit the books the way your parents want, luckily like him, most will fall in line to get into the best universities they can. Another culture like the Japanese-American, finds the kids going to some sort of school til late at night, just like in Japan.

I guess those last simplified examples are related to the regional, it takes all kinds.

DragonStryk72
07-18-2008, 02:19 AM

Unless enough people stop uttering that exact same line. I hear it from both sides, so which: Are the Dems right?

Second point, he doesn't actually need to win, RSR, just get enough of the votes to make the Dems and Reps take notice, so that they will start putting forward proper candidates again.

Third, the Libertarian Party is starting to become more made up of defecting GOPers, long time republicans who can't stomach the direction the party's gone in.

Stop being a sheep in the election. If just the people saying the same as you switched their votes, you would see real change in America. Stop letting the media, both Dem and Republican blind you with the exact rubbish argument that you can't change it.

When we were founded, did we wait for independence, then fight for it, or did we do it the other way around? If you don't change the equation, the answer will remain the same.

DragonStryk72
07-18-2008, 02:29 AM

I believe in education, as does RSR. Who said they didn't? I believe truly and fully that the feds will do the same bang up job with education that they've done with the aftermath of Katrina, or with 9/11 assault where NYC got left to fend for itself, or the Iraq war, or the CIA leak incident. Take your pick, that's who gets to be in charge of you kid's education.

Let's look at the facts: Ever since the federalization of public education, the grades have dropped, and every single year, spending has been increased. Just a thought here, but maybe the problem IS the federalization of public education, and NOT the amount being spent on such.

There is no way at all that the government in DC is equipped properly to judge the educational needs of the students in Seattle, Washington. The system was in fact better before the fed involvement, and now we're losing the better teachers at rapid rate. Why? Because many are just getting burnt out, or, for those that stay in, they're finding less well paying, but more fulfilling, jobs in private education.

No system is ever going to be perfect, but we've tried this one already, and when it was Bush's idea, it was something to be torn down. Now that Obama says the same thing, it's enlightenment? Look at what that says, and you'll see the main thing that sickens me about the Democratic and Republicans parties these days.

They are trying to say to you exactly the same as you have tried putting to RSR, you are either 100% on board, or you are calling for the dissolution of our schools, you cannot have any other opinion than that.

DragonStryk72
07-18-2008, 02:47 AM
Now, me and my brother both ended up in private schools. In my school, Catholic Central, I was, for the first time, given the option to study business instead of foreign language (terrible at languages), and more importantly, I was allowed to choose my various electives, so that I had some generally fun courses to suppliment the requireds, thus giving my brain a break, or pushing it further when I needed it.

My brother, Michael, went to Regis High School, which had a program where, if you were getting by too easily in a class, they simply bumped you to the next level. Michael, for instance, got bumps in his Science, Math, and English until, eventually, he was doing work for college credits.

Heather, though, stayed in public school, and during her time in, got pissed at a teacher, got a 29 in English one quarter(My sister has an excellent vocabulary, I assure you), and then aced the final to prove she didn't need the class. Why did she do this? She got sick of being pandered to, and decided to teach the school a lesson of her own.

The biggest thing I've noticed though, having worked in a bookstore, is the summer reading lists are now INSANE. What the fuck happened to summer break? I can understand one or two books, but we had parents in daily picking 4-5 books for the summer. To me, this is inherently counterproductive, as it basically just keeps adding up more and more work till the kid is just learning the next test, instead of the actual material.

johnwk
07-27-2008, 04:53 PM

The truth is what it is!

Obama`s backers want federal takeover of public school systems.

Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) has an “expansive vision” for our federal government and wants a new federal law which would subjugate our Constitution’s Tenth Amendment and federalism and require public school systems created by the people under state constitutions, to stay open all day and provide a variety of after-school activities and services such as child care, recreation, tutoring, dental and medical care and counseling. See: New Vision for Schools Proposes Broad Role (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/education/14teachers.html?_r=1&bl&ex=1216699200&en=3e3ce90dfd36315d&ei=5087%0A&oref=slogin)

Keep in mind that AFT’s 1.4 million member organization endorsed Obama, which is in addition to the National Education Association’s 3.2 million member organization which also endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for U.S. president. And, in 2004, these two politically active organizations had more delegates to the democrat convention than every state delegation except California’s delegation.

Of course, those who have been victims of a government school education, which is now most of our nation’s population, have no reason to be alarmed or suspect that their constitutionally limited “Republican Form of Government” is being threatened from within by these groups. The sad truth is, those who attend government schools, which have been taken over by these two groups [ AFT and NEA] have not been taught that our federal Constitution does not delegate a power to Congress to tax for, spend on and regulate state constitutionally authorized public school systems! As a matter of fact, for several generations children attending government schools have not been taught the basics of our constitutionally limited system of government and the enumerated powers granted to Congress by our Constitution which were elaborated upon in the Federalists Papers, e.g. see Federalist No.45 (http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/federal/fed45.htm)

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. The operations of the federal government will be most extensive and important in times of war and danger; those of the State governments, in times of peace and security. “

The bottom line is, Barack Obama’s primary supporters are part of a very dangerous Washington Establishment and its parasitic political plum job empire, who have a primary and personal financial interest at stake in supporting Obama ____ feeding at the public trough!

Aside from the AFT and NEA organizations, let us look at the federal Department of Education. The federal Department of Education has approximately 5000 federal political plum job employees with excessive salaries, top of the shelf medical plans, and an outrageous pension program, all of which Mary and Joe Sixpack living in Idaho can only dream of having but will continue to be taxed to finance if Obama is elected.

And what is the job of the employees at the federal Dept. of Education? Redistributing money taxed away from Mary and Joe Sixpack for a function not authorized by our written federal Constitution.

The frightening thing in all this is, the total memberships of the AFT, NEA and federal Department of Education make up an alarming 5 million member foot soldier army, which organizes during federal elections to keep Mary and Joe Sixpack a federal tax slave, there to support the good life for federal employees at the Department of Education, in spite of the fact that the American people have not given a power to Congress to tax for, spend on, or regulate state constitutionally authorized public school systems.

JWK

Black working people who support Obama are absolutely correct when they say, as a general statement, “its all about the Benjamins”. But they seem to be easily conned into surrendering the “Benjamins“ they earn to "agents of change" who merely seek to change the faces of those holding political plum jobs within the inner circle of the Washington Establishment. Do black voters not realize they will be betrayed by Obama's "agents of change” and remain tax slaves ___ useful to feed political plum job holders on our federal plantation?

5stringJeff
07-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the board, johnwk. Anyone whose first post contains links to the Federalist Papers is a good guy in my book! :thumb:

johnwk
07-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the board, johnwk. Anyone whose first post contains links to the Federalist Papers is a good guy in my book! :thumb:

Thank you. BTW, are any of you guys familiar with the background of Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers who supports Obama? See:
Randi Weingarten Discusses Her Life as a Lesbian Labor Leader (http://gaycitynews.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18910191&BRD=2729&PAG=461&dept_id=568864&rfi=6)

Does this partially answer why children are taught in government schools that it’s ok for Bobby to have two mommies instead of being taught the three Rs?

JWK

The servant has become the master over those who created a servant and the new servant pays tribute by taxation to a gangster government which ignores our most basic laws…our constitutions, state and federal.

hjmick
07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Is it any wonder the educational system is where it is when people still refer to the three Rs? It's R,W, & A. Sheesh. :poke: :D

emmett
07-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Thank you. BTW, are any of you guys familiar with the background of Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers who supports Obama? See:
Randi Weingarten Discusses Her Life as a Lesbian Labor Leader (http://gaycitynews.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18910191&BRD=2729&PAG=461&dept_id=568864&rfi=6)

Does this partially answer why children are taught in government schools that it’s ok for Bobby to have two mommies instead of being taught the three Rs?

JWK

The servant has become the master over those who created a servant and the new servant pays tribute by taxation to a gangster government which ignores our most basic laws…our constitutions, state and federal.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

emmett
07-27-2008, 09:48 PM
johnwk...........................let me the first to rep you, welcome to the board. Your practical Constitutionalist thinking is liable to land you in an argument or two here. Enjoy!

johnwk
07-28-2008, 08:20 AM
johnwk...........................let me the first to rep you, welcome to the board. Your practical Constitutionalist thinking is liable to land you in an argument or two here. Enjoy!

Well, I welcome the challenge! But for now, let us clear the air once and for all about the legitimacy of Congress having been granted power to tax for, spend on and regulate public school systems established by the people within the various states under state constitutions.

Let us look at the irrefutable facts.

The People of Maryland delegated the power for a state funded and regulated educational system to their state elected officials, and not to the Congress of the United States sitting in Washington --- the wording being as follows:

“The General Assembly, at its First Session after the adoption of this Constitution, shall by Law establish throughout the State a thorough and efficient System of Free Public Schools; and shall provide by taxation, or otherwise, for their maintenance.”

The Maryland Constitutional also states, in emphatic terms:
“the People of this State have the sole and exclusive right of regulating the internal government and police thereof, as a free, sovereign and independent State.”

Under Art. 3 of Maryland’s Constitution, the command is for local regulation and funding of education as opposed to a federally funded and regulated public school system.

The Maryland Constitution also states:

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution thereof, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people thereof.”

This very provision of Maryland’s Declaration of Rights is also agreed to by the People of the United States by their ratification of the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States!

So why do we have a federal Department of Education when it is not authorized by our written Constitution? Because our federal government personifies a living creature, a predator: it grows, it multiplies, it protects itself, and feeds on those it can defeat, and does everything to expand and flourish, even at the expense of creating federal tax slaves living in Harlem, who will have their paychecks confiscated by Obama if elected to finance the personal economic needs of his 5000 foot soldier army at the federal Department of Education.

Unfortunately, Black working people who support Obama are absolutely correct when they say, as a general statement, “its all about the Benjamins”. But they seem to be easily conned into surrendering the “Benjamins“ they earn to "agents of change" who merely seek to change the faces of those holding political plum jobs within the inner circle of the Washington Establishment. Do black voters not realize they will be betrayed by Obama's "agents of change and remain tax slaves ___ useful to feed political plum job holders on our federal plantation?

JWK

“He has erected a multitude of new offices (Washington‘s existing political plum job Empire) (http://www.firstgov.gov/Agencies/Federal/All_Agencies/index.shtml) , and sent hither swarms of officers, to harass our people, and eat out their substance” ___Declaration of Independence

johnwk
07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Aside from the obvious brainwashing of our nation’s younger generation which takes place in government schools, there is another reason for the Washington Establishment wanting federal control over public school systems established under state constitutions, and its all about the Benjamins!

Keep in mind

The federal Department of Education has approximately 5000 federal political plum job employees with excessive salaries, top of the shelf medical plans, and an outrageous pension program, all of which Mary and Joe Sixpack living in Idaho can only dream of having but will continue to be taxed to finance if Obama is elected.

In return for their excessive salaries and benefits, this 5000 member army comes together during federal election time to volunteer for and support those candidates that will work to increase an absolute federal power over our nation's younger generation. The following is how they are rewarded:

[link deleted] WASHINGTON’S POLITICAL PLUM JOB OVERVIEW

Are you considering a government job? The federal government employs more than 2,700,000 workers and hires hundreds of thousands each year to replace civil service workers that transfer to other federal government jobs, retire, or leave for other reasons. Average annual salary for full-time federal government jobs exceeds $67,000. The U.S. Government is the largest employer in the United States, hiring about 2.0 percent of the nation's work force. Federal government jobs can be found in every state and large metropolitan area, including overseas in over 200 countries. The average annual federal workers compensation, pay plus benefits, is $106,871 compared to just $53,288 for the private sector according to the United States Bureau of Economic Analysis.

In addition to salary, here are other federal employee ``benefits`` which Mary and Joe will be gouged to finance:

Life insurance plan___ Mary and Joe Sixpack get to pay 1/3 of a government workers federal life insurance plan.

Federal Employees Dental & Vision Program is a full coverage plan and federal employees get to use pre-tax dollars to pay for their vision and dental premiums while Mary and Joe are forced to use after taxed dollars to fund their Dental & Vision plan.

Under the federal employee retirement system, there is a tax-deferred savings plan known as the ``Thrift Savings Plan``. Under this plan, federal workers may contribute up to 10% of their salaries to the plan, with Mary and Joe Sixpack being taxed to match up to 5% of a federal employee`s contribution.

Also, under the Civilian Service Retirement System a federal employee contributes 7% of their paycheck to retirement while Mary and Joe Sixpack are forced to match that 7 % out of their paychecks.

And, with reference to health insurance, which is in addition to the above mentioned dental and vision plan, see [link deleted] ]Federal Employees to See Moderate Rise in Health Insurance Premiums

Health insurance premiums for federal employees and retirees will increase by an average of 2.1 percent next year, the Office of Personnel Management announced this afternoon.

Cut------

The federal program will offer 283 plans next year and will provide insurance coverage to about 8 million Americans: civil service and postal workers, retirees, and family members. The government picks up about 70 percent of premium costs in its role as employer.

Fact is, Mary and Joe Sixpack, who can barely meet their own health care needs, get to pick up about 70 percent of the premium costs to provide health care to the Washington Establishment’s political plum job holders and their families. And, the heavy burden of federal taxation in many situations compels Mary and Joe to send their children to government operated schools which begin the brainwashing operation.

As I have correctly stated before , Black working people who support Obama are absolutely correct when they say, as a general statement, “its all about the Benjamins”. But they seem to be easily conned into surrendering the “Benjamins“ they earn to "agents of change" who merely seek to change the faces of those holding political plum jobs within the inner circle of the Washington Establishment. Do black voters not realize they will be betrayed by Obama's "agents of change and remain tax slaves ___ useful to feed political plum job holders on our federal plantation?

JWK

“He has erected a [link deleted] multitude of new offices (Washington‘s existing political plum job Empire), and sent hither swarms of officers, to harass our people, and eat out their substance” ___Declaration of Independence

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Who deleted the link in the post above? Why?

hjmick
07-29-2008, 02:04 PM

Someone didn't get the memo...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16300

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Someone didn't get the memo...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16300

Thanks, I thought he'd been around longer. My bad.

johnwk
07-30-2008, 06:12 AM

I deleted the link myself. A message appeared when I attempted to post that I must have five posts before posting links. I will attempt to add the links or give the links in another post later today. I'm just trying to comply with the rules.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

JWK

johnwk
07-30-2008, 06:17 AM

Here are the links:

WASHINGTON’S POLITICAL PLUM JOB OVERVIEW (http://federaljobs.net/)

And, with reference to health insurance, which is in addition to the above mentioned dental and vision plan, see Federal Employees to See Moderate Rise in Health Insurance Premiums (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/13/AR2007091301441.html)

“He has erected a multitude of new offices (Washington‘s existing political plum job Empire) (http://www.firstgov.gov/Agencies/Federal/All_Agencies/index.shtml) , and sent hither swarms of officers, to harass our people, and eat out their substance” ___Declaration of Independence

CockySOB
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM

The problem is that out education system is not beleaguered by anything except mediocrity. Remove the Federal government from the equation and we will see the States have to work to improve their education systems, which is as it should be. Competition will force academia to improve the quality of the education provided which is what we ultimately need. The states which end up with the better education systems will undoubtedly see population increases which in turn will lead to increased tax revenues. The states which don't do as well will have more impetus to innovate and raise their standards in order to regain population and tax revenues.

johnwk
07-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Remove the Federal government from the equation and we will see the States have to work to improve their education systems, which is as it should be.

BINGO! And this brings us to a very important question concerning our big media. When will our beloved media do an exposé on the Washington Establishment’s political plum job empire (http://www.firstgov.gov/Agencies/Federal/All_Agencies/index.shtml), especially those political plum jobs having no legitimacy within the enumerated powers granted to Congress under Article 1, Section 8 of our Constitution ___ an example being the federal Department of Education (http://www.ed.gov/about/landing.jhtml?src=gu)?

How about our big media, perhaps the fountain of all knowledge Bill O’Reilly and his crack investigative team getting down to business and informing listeners to just a few of the Senior Officials at the U.S. Department of Education (http://www.ed.gov/news/staff/bios/index.html?src=rt) and divulging their annual salary and benefits package, which Mary and Joe Sixpack, living in Mississippi, are taxed to finance even though they have not authorized Congress to tax for, spend on, or regulate a public school system created under Mississippi’s State Constitution?

Come now Bill, why is there a federal Department of Education? Could it be that Congress has created, in just one federal department, a 5000 member foot soldier army which comes together every federal election to volunteer for and help elect or re-elect candidates who are dedicated to expanding the iron fist of the federal government and subjugating our Constitution’s Tenth Amendment?

To put this another way, is it not true that our federal government personifies a living creature, a predator, which grows, multiplies, and protects itself, and feeds on those it can defeat, and does everything to expand and flourish, even at the expense of creating federal tax slaves in every state in the Union who will have their paychecks confiscated so political plum job holders may live large and be there to prop up the Washington Establishment during federal elections?

Tell us Bill, why has the President of the NEA’s 3.2 million member organization come out in support of Obama? Could it be that the NEA have a financial interest in seeing Obama elected?

JWK

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State“ ____ Federalist Paper No. 45

johnwk
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Randi Weingarten to address democrat Convention tonight!

On the list of speakers at tonight’s Democrat Convention is Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers. And just who is the real Randi Weingarten? See:Randi Weingarten Discusses Her Life as a Lesbian Labor Leader (http://gaycitynews.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18910191&BRD=2729&PAG=461&dept_id=568864&rfi=6)

Does this answer why children are taught in government schools that it’s ok for Bobby to have two mommies instead of being taught the three Rs?

JWK