PDA

View Full Version : JJ uses THAT word

Abbey Marie
07-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Will he be disgraced and marginalized? Somehow I think not.

CHICAGO - Fox News says the Rev. Jesse Jackson used the N-word during a break in a TV interview where he criticized presidential candidate Barack Obama.

The longtime civil rights leader already came under fire this month for crude off-air comments he made against Obama in what he thought was a private conversation during a taping of a "Fox & Friends" news show.

Now a Fox spokesman says Jackson used the N-word to refer to black people during that taping as he said Obama was talking down to them. Those comments were not aired.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080716/ap_on_re_us/jackson_n_word_2

red states rule
07-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Where is the outrage from the left, and the NAACP? They were all over Imus but the silence is deafening on this one

Fox: Jackson used N-word in crude off-air remarks

By SOPHIA TAREEN, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 3 minutes ago

CHICAGO - Fox News says the Rev. Jesse Jackson used the N-word during a break in a TV interview where he criticized presidential candidate Barack Obama.

The longtime civil rights leader already came under fire this month for crude off-air comments he made against Obama in what he thought was a private conversation during a taping of a "Fox & Friends" news show.

Now a Fox spokesman says Jackson used the N-word to refer to black people during that taping as he said Obama was talking down to them. Those comments were not aired.

Jackson — who is traveling in Spain — apologized in a statement Wednesday for "hurtful words" but didn't offer specifics.

The N-word comment was first reported by blog TVNewser. Fox declined to release the transcript.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080716/ap_on_re_us/jackson_n_word

Gaffer
07-16-2008, 09:23 PM
It seems fox is more interested in being fair and balanced than tell the whole truth. Or could it be that they are worried they will lose interviews with the likes of jackson? Don't think it would really hurt them any, when they get people like him on they lose my viewership. When they advertise the negro racists are gonna be on I make sure not to watch the program.

red states rule
07-16-2008, 09:26 PM
It seems fox is more interested in being fair and balanced than tell the whole truth. Or could it be that they are worried they will lose interviews with the likes of jackson? Don't think it would really hurt them any, when they get people like him on they lose my viewership. When they advertise the negro racists are gonna be on I make sure not to watch the program.

So much for the liberal lie Fox is a right wing network out to destroy liberals

Trigg
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
The N-word comment was first reported by blog TVNewser. Fox declined to release the transcript.

For all of your wondering why they arn't releasing the transcripts and demanding his head.....it's because he's black silly.:cheers2:

emmett
07-17-2008, 01:24 PM

Gaff, you sonctimonious prick! You usen a watered down version of the n word! That was politically insensative. Hurtful even! You r the reason these types of things happen. It's all your fault! Well.........and GWB.

Gaffer
07-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Gaff, you sonctimonious prick! You usen a watered down version of the n word! That was politically insensative. Hurtful even! You r the reason these types of things happen. It's all your fault! Well.........and GWB.

:laugh2: Yeah how disrespectful of me to use the correct terminology. I'm sure the pc police would be profiling me now, if they were allowed to profile.

Me and sensitivity parted ways a long time ago. :poke:

krisy
07-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Bill O'Reilly and Bernard Goldberg were going around about this last night. Bernard Goldberg said if anyone else has said this,it would be news and therefore it should be news when Jessie Jackson says it.

If that blogger hadn't released this,we would have never known. I'm a fan of Fox,but I think they were chicken on this one. Why release the "cut off his balls" comment and not this?

red states rule
07-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Bill O'Reilly and Bernard Goldberg were going around about this last night. Bernard Goldberg said if anyone else has said this,it would be news and therefore it should be news when Jessie Jackson says it.

If that blogger hadn't released this,we would have never known. I'm a fan of Fox,but I think they were chicken on this one. Why release the "cut off his balls" comment and not this?

Good thing he didn't say "nappy headed ho", someone may have got upset. Oh well, he apologized, I guess all is well.

I'm proud republicans quit saying the "n" word. I wish the democrats would follow

Noir
07-18-2008, 10:22 PM
So he's black, and used the word Nigger, that's fine with me, it's also fine with me if i chinese guy starts talkin about chinks, But if JJ starts talkin about Chinks then you have a problem, its very simple logic.

red states rule
07-18-2008, 10:23 PM
So he's black, and used the word Nigger, that's fine with me, it's also fine with me if i chinese guy starts talkin about chinks, But if JJ starts talkin about Chinks then you have a problem, its very simple logic.

So it is back to the usual liberal double standards?

manu1959
07-18-2008, 10:25 PM

so you can be racist against your own race but not another's race......

but i am a member of the human race and find homoracisim offensive....

Noir
07-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Is it a double standard? yes, is it reasonable? yes, i mean should i be slammed for racism if i call another guy whitty? Nor should a black man be held for calling another black man a nigger...unless he is racist against his own race...which just sounds paradoxical.

Sure JJ shouldn't have said it cus it just looks wrong, but that doesn't mean it is wrong.

red states rule
07-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Is it a double standard? yes, is it reasonable? yes, i mean should i be slammed for racism if i call another guy whitty? Nor should a black man be held for calling another black man a nigger...unless he is racist against his own race...which just sounds paradoxical.

Sure JJ shouldn't have said it cus it just looks wrong, but that doesn't mean it is wrong.

To libs, only conservatives are racists and the left is always on guard to jump on any hint of racism (real or not) from the right side

When it comes from the left - they issue a collective yawn and issue the pass

Noir
07-18-2008, 10:34 PM
To libs, only conservatives are racists and the left is always on guard to jump on any hint of racism (real or not) from the right side

When it comes from the left - they issue a collective yawn and issue the pass

Well maybe that's how you guy's work in america but not over here. and lets look at it this way, are you telling me if John Kerry went on air talking about niggers the Libs would have no problem with that and it would be ok?

red states rule
07-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Well maybe that's how you guy's work in america but not over here. and lets look at it this way, are you telling me if John Kerry went on air talking about niggers the Libs would have no problem with that and it would be ok?

In most liberal run countries I would be charged with a "hate crime" if I uttered the "n" word

Noir
07-18-2008, 10:38 PM
In most liberal run countries I would be charged with a "hate crime" if I uttered the "n" word

Ofcourse you would dear, that would be because you are not black...however if you were to go about talkin about whitties you'd be fine, that's the point i was tryin to make.

You also ignored the following question.
"are you telling me if John Kerry went on air talking about niggers the Libs would have no problem with that and it would be ok? "

red states rule
07-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Ofcourse you would dear, that would be because you are not black...however if you were to go about talkin about whitties you'd be fine, that's the point i was tryin to make.

"are you telling me if John Kerry went on air talking about niggers the Libs would have no problem with that and it would be ok? "

They did not when Robert KKK Byrd did - so why would they over John Boy?

retiredman
07-18-2008, 10:42 PM

Byrd did not talk about "niggers"...he talked about "white niggers"

An idiomatic expression from West Virginia that means much the same as "trailer trash"...

I certainly disapprove of Byrd's use of idioms, but he clearly was not being RACIST or derrogatory to blacks when he made that remark.

next.

Noir
07-18-2008, 10:42 PM

I am not aware of the man or what he did, if, however, he did, do as you claimed then i'm disapointed in the American Libs, but that still doesn't change my position, Blacks can call blacks what they want the same goes for any other race

Edit- and as now has been posted i see that the term 'white niggers' was used, against whites, by a white guy ergo no racism.

red states rule
07-18-2008, 10:43 PM
I am not aware of the man or what he did, if, however, he did, do as you claimed then i'm disapointed in the American Libs, but that still doesn't change my position, Blacks can call blacks what they want the same goes for any other race

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FIBJt-c2o0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FIBJt-c2o0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gaffer
07-18-2008, 10:51 PM
byrd was not just a klansman, he was a klan leader. He was also a professional politician that knows how to lie. A leopard does not change it's spots. It just blends in with the surroundings. The voters of WV continued to show how stupid they are for re electing him repeatedly.

Noir
07-18-2008, 10:56 PM
byrd was not just a klansman, he was a klan leader. He was also a professional politician that knows how to lie. A leopard does not change it's spots. It just blends in with the surroundings. The voters of WV continued to show how stupid they are for re electing him repeatedly.

Well i ain't gonna defend a man whom i only just found out existed, but i say it still stands that i can not and should not be called a racist for using the terms like whitty ect

red states rule
07-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Well i ain't gonna defend a man whom i only just found out existed, but i say it still stands that i can not and should not be called a racist for using the terms like whitty ect

"White man's Greed versus a World in Need" Quote By Obama and His Rev

Noir
07-18-2008, 11:01 PM
"White man's Greed versus a World in Need" Quote By Obama and His Rev

Have you ever herd me say obama wasn't a racist?

red states rule
07-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Have you ever herd me say obama wasn't a racist?

Nope, but I am shoiwing the left here is the US does not have a problem with liberal racism

Noir
07-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Nope, but I am shoiwing the left here is the US does not have a problem with liberal racism

The quote in question ("White nigger") isn't as cut and dry racism as it could be, however i'm pretty sure most liberals (except the blind faith ones) would be wholey against openly racist comments, especially as it is surly the liberals who are 'most against racism' if you know what i mean.

glockmail
07-20-2008, 09:11 PM
How about if a black man starts talking about Hymies?

Noir
07-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Pardon my ignorence. Who or what is a 'hymie'?

glockmail
07-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Pardon my ignorence. Who or what is a 'hymie'?
A derogatory term for "Jew". You see, this is all part of a well established pattern:

Rev. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as "Hymies" and to New York City as "Hymietown" in January 1984 during a conversation with a black Washington Post reporter, Milton Coleman. Jackson had assumed the references would not be printed because of his racial bond with Coleman, but several weeks later Coleman permitted the slurs to be included far down in an article by another Post reporter on Jackson's rocky relations with American Jews.

A storm of protest erupted, and Jackson at first denied the remarks, then accused Jews of conspiring to defeat him. The Nation of Islam's radical leader Louis Farrakhan, an aggressive anti-Semite and old Jackson ally, made a difficult situation worse by threatening Coleman in a radio broadcast and issuing a public warning to Jews, made in Jackson's presence: "If you harm this brother [Jackson], it will be the last one you harm." http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/frenzy/jackson.htm

red states rule
07-21-2008, 09:42 AM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/political-pictures-jesse-jackson-neuter-presidential-candidates.jpg

Noir
07-21-2008, 08:03 PM
How about if a black man starts talking about Hymies?

A derogatory term for "Jew". You see, this is all part of a well established pattern

In which case ofcourse it is wrong, as i said, backs can call blacks what they want, whites can call whites what they want, jews can call jews what they want, its when they start mixing, in this case a black man on a jew, that you get problems.

Sitarro
07-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Following your logic it should be OK if a black busts a cap in another black right? That's how they kick it in the hood..... dig it, we's be keepin it real Yo.

Noir
07-21-2008, 08:36 PM
No, really sometimes it is damned hard to make a simple point on this site without someone going off on one. What i said is, i think it is ok for a Black man to make comments such as nigger, as he is a black man...and therefore by his own terms he is a nigger, same goes for whites, chinese, jews ect ect.

So all i'm saying is you should not be held as a racist for using terms about your own race. Somehow you thought i meant its ok for black people to kill blacks and whites to kill whites =S

Sitarro
07-21-2008, 08:48 PM
No, really sometimes it is damned hard to make a simple point on this site without someone going off on one. What i said is, i think it is ok for a Black man to make comments such as nigger, as he is a black man...and therefore by his own terms he is a nigger, same goes for whites, chinese, jews ect ect.

So all i'm saying is you should not be held as a racist for using terms about your own race. Somehow you thought i meant its ok for black people to kill blacks and whites to kill whites =S

How about if a black guy calls you a "nigger bitch !", where does that fall in the whole racism discussion?

Sitarro
07-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Yo noir, ya'll got some fresh hoodies in the GB........ Yo dim beotches keepin it reaaaaal yo

stephanie
07-21-2008, 09:30 PM
How about if a black guy calls you a "nigger bitch !?

I'd cut off his black balls and make him into a black bitch..:laugh2:

Noir
07-23-2008, 02:52 PM
How about if a black guy calls you a "nigger bitch !", where does that fall in the whole racism discussion?

Hm, interesting take on things, i'd say that while he would be verbally abusing me and (depending on the extent) harassing me, he would not be being racist, in the same way that i would no be racist if i called a black guy 'whitey' or if a chinese guy called a black guy a 'chink'

Trigg
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM

Wonderful question.

John Kerry has uttered another derogatory word, lets see if he gets slapped for it, shall we???

I suspect he'll get a pass, the liberal media here will ignore it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omnfvzgmXHs

Noir
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Wonderful question.

John Kerry has uttered another derogatory word, lets see if he gets slapped for it, shall we???

I suspect he'll get a pass, the liberal media here will ignore it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omnfvzgmXHs

Sorry i won't be able to view the video for quite a wile, what are the terms used?

mundame
07-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Where is the outrage from the left, and the NAACP? They were all over Imus but the silence is deafening on this one

Good point.

It's awful-awful-awful for Imus to quote a phrase in normal use in all rap "music," if your definition of music is very, very loose, but if a black says a word even worse while threatening to castrate the leading presidential candidate ------------------

Oh, that's fine, no problem.

What???