PDA

View Full Version : Blagojevich: Chicago May Need National Guard Help

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I would think that Chicago may need all the help they can get. One way or another Illinois will get their troops back home!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: NBC5 WMAQ

With gun violence at a crisis, Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Wednesday said he is in talks with Illinois State Police and the Illinois National Guard to see if more police officers can be deployed to the streets of Chicago.

The governor said Chicago Mayor Richard Daley hasn't asked for help, but Blagojevich says he'll call the mayor once he has some concrete suggestions about what help he can provide.

Blagojevich didn't have many specifics, but he said it's more likely that state police will be brought in than the National Guard.

Blagojevich also said there are a lot of retired Chicago police officers and state police troopers who could be rehired for the summer.........

More: http://www.nbc5.com/news/16901117/detail.html

And God Bless Them For It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 09:41 PM
I would think that Chicago may need all the help they can get. One way or another Illinois will get their troops back home!!!!!!!!!!!

With gun violence at a crisis, Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Wednesday said he is in talks with Illinois State Police and the Illinois National Guard to see if more police officers can be deployed to the streets of Chicago.

The governor said Chicago Mayor Richard Daley hasn't asked for help, but Blagojevich says he'll call the mayor once he has some concrete suggestions about what help he can provide.

Blagojevich didn't have many specifics, but he said it's more likely that state police will be brought in than the National Guard.

Blagojevich also said there are a lot of retired Chicago police officers and state police troopers who could be rehired for the summer.........

Obama will fix all that

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Whatever works to get the troops home is OK with me, dildo.

Obama will fix all that

Somehow, I don't think Illinois is kidding or intends to wait for Obama or anyone else. We'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM

Somehow, I don't think Illinois is kidding or intends to wait for Obama or anyone else. We'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, Democrat run Illi-noiseare just so ballsy........ did I mention that you are an idiot?

Psychoblues
07-16-2008, 10:27 PM
This may catch on nationwide, zero!!!!!!!!! The Governors want their voters back home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, Democrat run Illi-noiseare just so ballsy........ did I mention that you are an idiot?

Wut's dat you callin' me, zero? You t'ink I didn't know 'bout yo' flat nose? Have I told you that you look like a monkey?

stephanie
07-16-2008, 10:41 PM
What about all them gun restrictions that Illinois has installed against it's citizens??

Now only the criminals have more guns.....

so now their looking to turn the military against it's own citizens...glad I don't live in Illinois anymore..

I'll pray for you all up there.

Oh...and keep on electing DEMOCRATS....they're there to look out for ya.

Dilloduck
07-16-2008, 10:47 PM

Well they know better than to wait for their own Senator to do a damn thing to help them.

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Think so?

Well they know better than to wait for their own Senator to do a damn thing to help them.

How do you figger? You know what comes next.

5stringJeff
07-17-2008, 05:30 AM
What Chicago needs is more citizens with guns, to keep the criminals from having their way with innocent people.

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 05:48 AM
Believe me, jeffie, they have them!!!!!!!! That's why the Governor is calling out the National Guard!!!!!!!!!!

What Chicago needs is more citizens with guns, to keep the criminals from having their way with innocent people.

Have you ever been to Chicago? I didn't think so.

5stringJeff
07-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Believe me, jeffie, they have them!!!!!!!! That's why the Governor is calling out the National Guard!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been to Chicago? I didn't think so.

Actually, yes, I have. And guns in the hands of citizens does not create the need to call out the National Guard; otherwise, the 48 states that allow citizens to own handguns (IL and WI being the two that don't) would need the National Guard, and IL and WI would have no need for them.

Kathianne
07-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Actually, yes, I have. And guns in the hands of citizens does not create the need to call out the National Guard; otherwise, the 48 states that allow citizens to own handguns (IL and WI being the two that don't) would need the National Guard, and IL and WI would have no need for them.

Actually the handgun ban is only in Chicago and some Northern suburbs, now in court thanks to Heller.

Blogo's latest antic is 'anything to change the subject,' he's going to be joining George Ryan soon, I hope:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/1039444,blago070408.article

Gov. Blagojevich gets heated with reporters
CHICAGO | Besieged by questions about federal investigations, Blagojevich lashes out

July 4, 2008
Recommend (23)

BY CHRIS FUSCO AND MITCH DUDEK Staff Reporters

Gov. Blagojevich angrily denied being a target of a federal corruption investigation, calling questions about the matter “ridiculous,” “absurd” and “stupid.”

The heated exchange between the governor and reporters overshadowed what was supposed to be a feel-good news conference about Blagojevich beefing up gas-pump inspections statewide. Reporters surrounded the governor afterward, peppering him with questions about political fund-raiser Tony Rezko’s recent criminal convictions and the sway Rezko held in Blagojevich’s administration — a subject at the heart of Rezko’s trial....

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/riverforest/news/1011847,op-Impeachment-061808-sl.article

Updated 6/18: Legislators consider impeachment
(http://www.pioneerlocal.com/oakpark/news/1011847,op-Impeachment-061808-sl.article)

June 18, 2008

By PATRICK BUTLER pbutler@pioneerlocal

A few days after release of House Speaker Mike Madigan's 14-page "impeachment memo," local state Rep. LaShawn Ford (D-8th) agreed the ouster of Gov. Rod Blagojevich "could possibly happen.

"I'm not saying I'm in favor of it. I'm still not sold on it. But it looks like something that could possibly happen," especially since the Tony Rezko conviction and the state budget debacle, Ford said....

Little-Acorn
07-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Why am I not surprised that the usual liberal "solution" (gun control laws that only disarm people who obey laws) hasn't worked, crime is soaring, and now the liberals want to call in the National Guard troops to deal with their own civilian populace?

There's already a "tactical team" in place in Chicago which would be very effective in fighting crime: The law-abiding citizens. Yes, I know the joke, "all three of them". But in fact, in any city the majority does nothing more wrong than parking overtime at a meter or being late for an appointment.

The general populace, is and has always been the most effective "force" against crime. They are there, they see the criminals, they are by default the first line of defense.

Too bad Blagojevich and his cohorts disarmed them. No wonder the city is so crime-ridden. Crooks must love the guy, for providing them a safe working environment.

Gaffer
07-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Why am I not surprised that the usual liberal "solution" (gun control laws that only disarm people who obey laws) hasn't worked, crime is soaring, and now the liberals want to call in the National Guard troops to deal with their own civilian populace?

There's already a "tactical team" in place in Chicago which would be very effective in fighting crime: The law-abiding citizens. Yes, I know the joke, "all three of them". But in fact, in any city the majority does nothing more wrong than parking overtime at a meter or being late for an appointment.

The general populace, is and has always been the most effective "force" against crime. They are there, they see the criminals, they are by default the first line of defense.

Too bad Blagojevich and his cohorts disarmed them. No wonder the city is so crime-ridden. Crooks must love the guy, for providing them a safe working environment.

Like many big cities its the corrupt city government to blame for the crime problems. They are appeasers and enablers of the criminals. Their sole purpose is to give criminals the edge.

Kathianne
08-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Actually the handgun ban is only in Chicago and some Northern suburbs, now in court thanks to Heller.

Blogo's latest antic is 'anything to change the subject,' he's going to be joining George Ryan soon, I hope:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/1039444,blago070408.article

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/riverforest/news/1011847,op-Impeachment-061808-sl.article

Another Chicago suburbs awakes to reality:

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2008/08/evanston_il_dro.php

City drops gun ban to resolve suit

Submitted by Bill Smith on Mon, 08/11/2008 - 8:10pm.

Evanston aldermen approved revisions to the city's gun control ordinance tonight designed to bring it in line with a recent Supreme Court ruling.

The National Rifle Association sued Evanston and other Illinois communities with gun bans after the court ruled in June that a gun ban in Washington, D.C., is unconstitutional.

In response the city's legal staff drafted a new ordinance that would let most residents keep guns in their homes, but ban possession of most guns by minors and of all guns by narcotics addicts, mental patients, the mentally retarded and persons under 21 years of age with criminal records....

PostmodernProphet
08-12-2008, 02:06 PM
he must be looking forward to the World Series.....

theHawk
08-12-2008, 02:46 PM

You actually support the idea of military as a police force in our own civilian population? At least you are now finally admiting you are favor of a totalitarian police state.