PDA

View Full Version : Police Seize Medical Marijuana, Patient Records

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Where will it all end?!?!?!?!????!? The powers behind all this choose to hide in the shadows!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will wind up dismissed. I hope the defendants have a good civil lawyer!!!!!!!!

Co-op searched after officers smelled the drug
By MOISES MENDOZA
P-I REPORTER

Police searched a medical marijuana cooperative in the University District on Tuesday evening, seizing 12 ounces of marijuana and more than 500 patient medical records, medical marijuana advocates said.

The search was carried out after police officers smelled the odor of marijuana on the street, entered the Life Vine cooperative on Northeast 50th Street and University Way Northeast and later obtained search warrants.

A spokesman at the King County Prosecutor's Office confirmed that a search was conducted but said a case hadn't been filed with the office.

Police declined comment and referred questions to prosecutors.

Much more: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/371114_pot17.html

The soldiers in the War On Drugs will not stop until civil litigation breaks their bank. I can't believe the US is still tolerating this kind of shit. Don't we have enough real problems to worry about and defend against?

Sitarro
07-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Where will it all end?!?!?!?!????!? The powers behind all this choose to hide in the shadows!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will wind up dismissed. I hope the defendants have a good civil lawyer!!!!!!!!

The soldiers in the War On Drugs will not stop until civil litigation breaks their bank. I can't believe the US is still tolerating this kind of shit. Don't we have enough real problems to worry about and defend against?

I can't believe this, I actually agree with you completely on this subject. Thousands are driving around the country drunk and the police waste their time and money on this shit, ridiculous!

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 02:41 AM
Exactly, zero!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this, I actually agree with you completely on this subject. Thousands are driving around the country drunk and the police waste their time and money on this shit, ridiculous!

But, whoever could expect much more than shit from many of those who feed us shit in every election cycle!!!!!!!!! Remember all those promises by gwb in the 2000 cycle?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? He has broken every single one of them and hardly a peep out of his supporters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5stringJeff
07-17-2008, 05:31 AM
MJ should be legalized, period. Not that I care to use it, but for those who do, especially for medicinal purposes, there's no reason they should not be able to.

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Tell a cancer patient or a vision impaired patient that the weed is good but they can't have 'cause it's bad, OK?

MJ should be legalized, period. Not that I care to use it, but for those who do, especially for medicinal purposes, there's no reason they should not be able to.

I'm diggin' ya, jeffie!!!!!!!!!!!

emmett
07-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Psycho the Civil Libertarian, has a nice ring to it.

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 03:58 PM
To a degree I am a civil libertarian, emmie. Like you, I believe in less governmental interference in my life and yours as well but recognising the propensities of society I understand the necessities of sometimes onerous laws, rules and regulations. That said, if I were given only the choice between voting libertarian or republican I would certainly vote libertarian.

Considering that the republican mantra of small government is only a facade and the truth of the matter they exceed even the wildest dreams of any big government advocate, I tend towards the Democratic Party which I believe better represents the interests of a complete society and certainly many of my own personal concerns.

I do not support unviable third parties and although I can agree with the British version of third way politics I reject it out of hand for this American political environment. You already know how valuable I consider the responsibility of Americans to cast their votes and that those votes be counted and I won't be casting any protest votes in the near future. My attitude towards protest votes is to become involved on every level possible and change the system to the best of my own ability and for the betterment of the society in which I live.

Psycho the Civil Libertarian, has a nice ring to it.

Thanks for GR, emmie, and I owe you one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!