PDA

View Full Version : Father hopes son's death helps change Afghan policy

Psychoblues
07-17-2008, 04:10 AM
As this war persists there will be more fathers that voice much the same.

Source: www.honoluluadvertiser.com

1st Lt. Jonathan P. Brostrom, 24, of 'Aiea, was one of nine soldiers killed on Sunday in Afghanistan, the Department of Defense announced today......

Brostrom's father, David Brostrom, a retired Army colonel, praised his son and fellow soldiers for the work they are doing in Afghanistan, but said they are not getting the resources they need.......

"The conditions changed and we did not change our strategy. The military term is 'economy of force' in Afghanistan. While we fight the war in Iraq, Afghanistan is on hold. Soldiers are doing a great job with very little attention from our leadership in Washington, D.C."

"Unfortunately, we have not put in all of the resources required in order to stop this from happening, so the enemy has slowly gained a foothold and they're probably stronger than they were when we went right after 9/11, as my son found out. It took something like this, nine soldiers killed, to be a wake-up call. I just hope my son's death drives some policy to do what we need to do right in Afghanistan in order to protect our soldiers. "

Much More: http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080716/BREAKING01/80716037

I'm certainly glad that my sons are well past draft age. I'm also glad that I have enough gems in my chest to finance my grand kid's travel to an intelligent sovereignty such as Canada or wherever they can go to escape the tyranny of an unjust administration.

actsnoblemartin
07-30-2008, 12:49 AM
sometimes i think intellectual laziness is rampant

1st Lt. Jonathan P. Brostrom, 24, of 'Aiea, was one of nine soldiers killed on Sunday in Afghanistan, the Department of Defense announced today......

Brostrom's father, David Brostrom, a retired Army colonel, praised his son and fellow soldiers for the work they are doing in Afghanistan, but said they are not getting the resources they need.......

"The conditions changed and we did not change our strategy. The military term is 'economy of force' in Afghanistan. While we fight the war in Iraq, Afghanistan is on hold. Soldiers are doing a great job with very little attention from our leadership in Washington, D.C."

"Unfortunately, we have not put in all of the resources required in order to stop this from happening, so the enemy has slowly gained a foothold and they're probably stronger than they were when we went right after 9/11, as my son found out. It took something like this, nine soldiers killed, to be a wake-up call. I just hope my son's death drives some policy to do what we need to do right in Afghanistan in order to protect our soldiers. "

Much More: http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080716/BREAKING01/80716037

I'm certainly glad that my sons are well past draft age. I'm also glad that I have enough gems in my chest to finance my grand kid's travel to an intelligent sovereignty such as Canada or wherever they can go to escape the tyranny of an unjust administration.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 01:28 AM
It's a sham and a shame, marteen.

theHawk
07-30-2008, 08:37 AM

Which is why we need a good Commander in Chief, like McCain. He supported the surge and that worked. Of course Obama is following suit calling for a surge in Afghanistan, which is so odd considering he thought it was a terrible idea for Iraq. The choice is clear if we want real policy change in Afghanistan.

Sitarro
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
How often do we read stories like this? In the Houston Metro area it is at least once a month but there are also many others each weekend along with murders and accidental deaths.........

Three young men who had just graduated from high school, all with football scholarships and a full life to live, were killed instantly when the young man driving passed out at the wheel and veered across the center lane and hit a mini-van. The driver and front seat passenger were killed instantly, they weren't wearing any seat belts. The third was ejected from the SUV and broke his neck, he is now paralyzed from the neck down.

The driver of the other vehicle and his family of wife and three children were killed when their smashed van was engulfed in flames soon after the collision. A number of people who had stopped, tried to get the family out but all of the doors were disfigured from the impact. They could only watch helplessly as the family of five burned to death.

The young boy driving the SUV was heavily intoxicated with a blood alcohol level of .23 and shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a vehicle. Family members were struck with the awful waste of human life brought on by the abuse of alcohol.

The father of the driver, who had talked his son out of joining the military, said "If he would have been killed serving his country in the military doing what he really wanted to do...... somehow this wouldn't seem like such a waste."

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 10:02 PM
What are trying to say, zero? Do you think that young man that got killed in Afghanistan was drunk or that some drunk killed him? If you have something to say about drunks killing each other, zero, why don't you talk to your local law enforcement agencies about it. I don't think bitching about it within a thread designed to memorialize and justify the death of an American soldier on the battlefield is appropriate for your whining about drunks. Do you?

Sitarro
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM
What are trying to say, zero? Do you think that young man that got killed in Afghanistan was drunk or that some drunk killed him? If you have something to say about drunks killing each other, zero, why don't you talk to your local law enforcement agencies about it. I don't think bitching about it within a thread designed to memorialize and justify the death of an American soldier on the battlefield is appropriate for your whining about drunks. Do you?

What a surprise that you don't "get" what I was saying. Even after 5,000 posts you're the same old Psycho, still haven't figured out the quote button under the window and still rarely have anything coherent to write.:laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
You're still the same ol' stupid shit you've always been, zero. Seriously, you need a freakin' rest or a doctor.

What a surprise that you don't "get" what I was saying. Even after 5,000 posts you're the same old Psycho, still haven't figured out the quote button under the window and still rarely have anything coherent to write.:laugh2:

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

Sitarro
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
You're still the same ol' stupid shit you've always been, zero. Seriously, you need a freakin' rest or a doctor.

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

Again, the quote button, you press it first and then post under the quote you are responding to...... just common logic.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Psychoblues
07-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, zero. That's all I need tonight is the fuckin' "Quote" police telling me how they expect me to use a simple assed internet message board feature. Do you not understand when I post? Is that "Quote" thing just eating your ass up? I have my reasons for doing it the way I do it, zero. If you're that freaking confused maybe that is your problem and I don't intend for you to make it mine. Dig it?

Again, the quote button, you press it first and then post under the quote you are responding to...... just common logic.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Otherwise: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Can we not just try and get along? I guess not. This is one of those conservative boards............sheeeeeeesh