PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Fight Against Offshore Drilling

red states rule
07-17-2008, 06:01 PM
So much for Dems caring about the working folks. San Fran Nan and Harry "the war is lost" Reid will do nothing to lower gas prices by increasing the supply of oil

With over 50% of the voters wanting more drilling, liberals are giving them a one finger salute. I hope the voters remember this compassion on Election day

For Pelosi, a Fight Against Offshore Drilling

snip

Now, with gasoline prices soaring, those drilling restrictions are facing their most severe test in years as calls intensify to pursue domestic oil more forcefully. Yet despite increasing pressure from President Bush, a full-bore assault by Congressional Republicans and some anxiety among her own rank-and-file Democrats, Ms. Pelosi is not budging.

“The president of the United States, with gas at $4 a gallon because of his failed energy policies, is now trying to say that is because I couldn’t drill offshore,” Ms. Pelosi said in an interview. “That is not the cause, and I am not going to let him get away with it.”

Her voice carries considerable weight because Ms. Pelosi, who is now House speaker, can prevent a vote on expanded drilling from reaching the floor.

And she and Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader, appear intent on holding the line against calls to approve drilling in areas now off limits. They argue that the oil and gas industry is not aggressively exploring large expanses it has already leased on land and offshore. They have also urged Mr. Bush to pour some fuel from national reserves into the commercial supply chain in an effort to lower prices.

Trying to demonstrate that Democrats are not opposed to drilling in acceptable

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/17/washington/17pelosi.html?_r=2&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

April15
07-17-2008, 07:57 PM
With the Bakkens reserves so easily attainable there is no need to go offshore and the reserves are far more than on the continental shelf.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 08:00 PM
With the Bakkens reserves so easily attainable there is no need to go offshore and the reserves are far more than on the continental shelf.
http//www.USGS Energy Resources Program, USGS-ERP.

As usual, you do not have a clue about what you are talking about

Friday, June 06, 2008
Half of U.S. Oil is Off Limits to Drilling

According to CNS News, a report on the United States' oil reserves has been prepared for congress.

The good news: we have LOTS of oil. The bad news: myopic energy policy prevents us from using about half of it.

The report, which was produced at the request of Congress by the U.S. Department of Interior's Bureau of Land Management (BLM), said there are 279 million acres under federal management where oil and gas could potentially could be extracted.

More than half of it is totally off-limits to drillers.

"The total onshore resource is 31 billion barrels," said BLM's lead scientist Richard Watson, who authored the report. "Of that, 19 billion barrels are currently inaccessible or 62 percent. A little over 2 billion barrels, or 8 percent, is accessible under what we call standard lease terms."

If you add in the 85.9 billion barrels of oil that lie offshore, as determined by the Interior Department's Minerals Management Service, there are 117 billion barrels of oil on lands owned or managed by the U.S. government.

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2008/06/half-of-us-oil-is-off-limits-to.html

namvet
07-17-2008, 09:33 PM
So much for Dems caring about the working folks. San Fran Nan and Harry "the war is lost" Reid will do nothing to lower gas prices by increasing the supply of oil

With over 50% of the voters wanting more drilling, liberals are giving them a one finger salute. I hope the voters remember this compassion on Election day

For Pelosi, a Fight Against Offshore Drilling

snip

Now, with gasoline prices soaring, those drilling restrictions are facing their most severe test in years as calls intensify to pursue domestic oil more forcefully. Yet despite increasing pressure from President Bush, a full-bore assault by Congressional Republicans and some anxiety among her own rank-and-file Democrats, Ms. Pelosi is not budging.

“The president of the United States, with gas at $4 a gallon because of his failed energy policies, is now trying to say that is because I couldn’t drill offshore,” Ms. Pelosi said in an interview. “That is not the cause, and I am not going to let him get away with it.”

Her voice carries considerable weight because Ms. Pelosi, who is now House speaker, can prevent a vote on expanded drilling from reaching the floor.

And she and Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader, appear intent on holding the line against calls to approve drilling in areas now off limits. They argue that the oil and gas industry is not aggressively exploring large expanses it has already leased on land and offshore. They have also urged Mr. Bush to pour some fuel from national reserves into the commercial supply chain in an effort to lower prices.

Trying to demonstrate that Democrats are not opposed to drilling in acceptable

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/17/washington/17pelosi.html?_r=2&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

i do think in NOV she can kiss her hairy ass goodbye. and good riddance. I see very few dems surviving. even the libby's are brain locked here. and McCain and the GOP now have a fully loaded gun pointed right between the dems eyes. this will be the biggest issue i think. the war??? hell ya never hear about it anymore.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 09:34 PM
i do think in NOV she can kiss her hairy ass goodbye. and good riddance. I see very few dems surviving. even the libby's are brain locked here. and McCain and the GOP now have a fully loaded gun pointed right between the dems eyes. this will be the biggest issue i think. the war??? hell ya never hear about it anymore.

Not the idiots in San Fran. It is moonbat city Namvet

More on the Dems energy plans

http://www.powerlineblog.com/toon041108-thumb.gif

gabosaurus
07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Instead of sitting around on your butt all day, doing zero except polluting the internet with endless putrid drivel, perhaps you should do a bit of research on the subject.

One consensus of those who has studied the subject is that drilling in every available area and doubling the current oil production would drop consumer gas prices a maximum of 10 cents over the next five years.
Why? Because it still has to be extracted, manufactured and distributed. Who controls these three processes? The major oil and gas companies.
What makes you think all the oil drilled and extracted would make it back to the American consumer? Most of it will go overseas. Because there is more of a demand. China and other Asian countries will pay much more, and produce a higher profit.

When will consumer gas prices go down? When the oil companies want them to go down. Right now, they are making a significant profit, due primarily to supply (low) and demand (high). Why would they jeopardize that now?
Especially with so many lobbyists and the White House controlled by an oil baron.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Instead of sitting around on your butt all day, doing zero except polluting the internet with endless putrid drivel, perhaps you should do a bit of research on the subject.

One consensus of those who has studied the subject is that drilling in every available area and doubling the current oil production would drop consumer gas prices a maximum of 10 cents over the next five years.
Why? Because it still has to be extracted, manufactured and distributed. Who controls these three processes? The major oil and gas companies.
What makes you think all the oil drilled and extracted would make it back to the American consumer? Most of it will go overseas. Because there is more of a demand. China and other Asian countries will pay much more, and produce a higher profit.

When will consumer gas prices go down? When the oil companies want them to go down. Right now, they are making a significant profit, due primarily to supply (low) and demand (high). Why would they jeopardize that now?
Especially with so many lobbyists and the White House controlled by an oil baron.

Ok oh nasty one, oil companies make only 10 cents profit from the sale of a gallon of gas. Taxes are anywhere from 45 to 75 cents per gallon

Over 65% of all oil and natural gas reserves are off limits to exploration

The last refinery was built in 1978

So we are in this mess thanks to arrogant libs like you, who think they are so much smarter then the rest of us. You think oil rig and pipeline workers can get another job somewhere else, but the damn owl in a tree must stay in that tree no matter what

So why not check your huge ego and attitude at the door and try to have a civil discussion. I know you are a young brat who has now idea how the real world works, so I can excuse part of your rants

gabosaurus
07-17-2008, 10:37 PM
You don't know how oil companies obtain their profit, and yet I am the stupid one?
Do you know how little that the off-limits areas in the U.S. territories would add to the world's oil and gas supply? The Middle East countries produce more in a day.

Oil companies make their profits long before the gas is shipped to American fueling stations. These are multi-national mega-corporations. They have their hands in much much more than mere petroleum products.

Do pull your head out of that well-drilled ass of yours and try to understand something other than what your hear on Fox and read in the right-wing web sites.

red states rule
07-17-2008, 10:41 PM
You don't know how oil companies obtain their profit, and yet I am the stupid one?
Do you know how little that the off-limits areas in the U.S. territories would add to the world's oil and gas supply? The Middle East countries produce more in a day.

Oil companies make their profits long before the gas is shipped to American fueling stations. These are multi-national mega-corporations. They have their hands in much much more than mere petroleum products.

Do pull your head out of that well-drilled ass of yours and try to understand something other than what your hear on Fox and read in the right-wing web sites.

1) Oil Company Profits

The Investment U e-Letter: Issue # 653
March 23, 2007

Oil Company Profits: Just Who Is Gouging Whom?
by Alexander Green, Investment Director, The Oxford Club

The new speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, calls oil company profits "obscene."

And at first blush, many would agree. Over the past 12 months, for example, ExxonMobil has made pre-tax profits of $164 billion on sales of $369.5 billion. That's a lot.

But are big oil company profits bad?

Hardly. Companies exist to maximize profits. Profits are what keep workers employed. They keep companies innovating, creating new products and services. They keep the economy humming and the country strong. And they allow you and I to invest and secure our financial future.

Even the school teacher who plunks some of her retirement account in an S&P 500 Index fund benefits from Exxon's rising share price - which is a direct result of Exxon's rising profits.

Many will argue that there is nothing wrong with an oil company's profits, per se. It's just that Exxon is gouging us at the pump. They're making too much.

But are they? After all, Exxon can't dictate gasoline prices. Markets determine the price of oil. It's supply and demand that sets the price at the pump.
http://www.investmentu.com/IUEL/2007/20070323.html

2) Oil and Gas on Public Lands Off-Limits to Exploration
WASHINGTON, DC, May 21, 2008 (ENS) - With oil soaring over $130 a barrel and average national gas prices climbing towards $4 per gallon, the Department of the Interior today released a study showing that vast untapped oil and natural gas resources exist on public lands in the United States.

Federal lands throughout the United States are estimated to contain 31 billion barrels of oil and 231 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. The BLM administers leasing of onshore Federal oil and gas resources.

The inventory found that 60 percent of the onshore federal lands that have potential as domestic sources for natural gas and oil are presently closed to leasing, making 62 percent of the oil and 41 percent of the natural gas inaccessible for development.

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/may2008/2008-05-21-095.asp

Classact
07-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Nancy Pelosi got her ass handed to her yesterday. She offered up the legislation to force oil drillers to use leased federal land before opening up new leases and was DEFEATED by members of her own party!

If she, Harry Reid and Obama don't change their position on energy and fall on their swords they will die a death of a thousand cuts by November. The people are pissed and according to the vote yesterday some Democrats are feeling the heat for not PRODUCING OIL in America.

red states rule
07-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Nancy Pelosi got her ass handed to her yesterday. She offered up the legislation to force oil drillers to use leased federal land before opening up new leases and was DEFEATED by members of her own party!

If she, Harry Reid and Obama don't change their position on energy and fall on their swords they will die a death of a thousand cuts by November. The people are pissed and according to the vote yesterday some Democrats are feeling the heat for not PRODUCING OIL in America.

San Fran Nan is the orginal Bat Women. She lives in the bat cave, and is a total failure as Speaker

She has accomplished NOTHING in 2 years, and has caved to Pres bush on several key issues

Classact
07-18-2008, 07:48 AM
San Fran Nan is the orginal Bat Women. She lives in the bat cave, and is a total failure as Speaker

She has accomplished NOTHING in 2 years, and has caved to Pres bush on several key issuesThe Democrats have a short timer calendar to defeat in November as they take off Fridays and Mondays while offering roadblocks Tuesday through Thursday.

red states rule
07-18-2008, 07:58 AM
The Democrats have a short timer calendar to defeat in November as they take off Fridays and Mondays while offering roadblocks Tuesday through Thursday.

Hey CA, one major accomplishment is Pelosi added tofo to the menu at the Congressioanl cafeteria, and put a one napkin at a time rule

Classact
07-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey CA, one major accomplishment is Pelosi added tofo to the menu at the Congressioanl cafeteria, and put a one napkin at a time ruleYou forgot the no smoking area inside of congress.

April15
07-18-2008, 06:27 PM

If she, Harry Reid and Obama don't change their position on energy and fall on their swords they will die a death of a thousand cuts by November. The people are pissed and according to the vote yesterday some Democrats are feeling the heat for not PRODUCING OIL in America.She is only getting praise from me.

namvet
07-18-2008, 06:46 PM
She is only getting praise from me.

and ONLY you. in the scheme of things you opinion will not count. in NOV we will praise her departure

Classact
07-18-2008, 07:44 PM
She is only getting praise from me.Praise for what? You should go view this other youtube and read the comments here http://www.youtube.com/user/NancyPelosi She is a very sad person, a loser, a true leadership loser... she made the long speech in front of the House and the world on CSPAN just moments before her party drove a stake through her heart! Loser... loser... loser!!! She will change or be changed in November.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQdpyF-Rjnc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQdpyF-Rjnc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

namvet
07-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Praise for what? You should go view this other youtube and read the comments here http://www.youtube.com/user/NancyPelosi She is a very sad person, a loser, a true leadership loser... she made the long speech in front of the House and the world on CSPAN just moments before her party drove a stake through her heart! Loser... loser... loser!!! She will change or be changed in November.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQdpyF-Rjnc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQdpyF-Rjnc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

forget it man. he's part of the 9% losers that support these Nazi's

red states rule
07-18-2008, 09:28 PM
To help quench my insatiable desire to drive my big ol gas guzzling, carbon belching, global warming, SUV all over town, I want the drilling to start and tap that oil!

I love freedom. Now start drilling!