PDA

View Full Version : The newest craze to hit America?

Noir
07-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure how long this has been floating about for but i just thought i'd drop a post about it cus i have only learned of it recently, 'pansexuality' it seems to be everywhere at the minute, the number of American based websites i am now on that have users promoting 'pansexuality' is literally increasing by the day. So my topic is to ask the older members a question, has this been and gone before and just going through a phase? or is it new and possibly here to stay?

Just for referance of anyone unsure 'pansexuality' refers to

1. Adjective: A group which is open to members of all sexual orientations or gender identities including straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transexual, or transvestite.

2. Noun: A person who is sexually interested in other people regardless of gender including males, females, transexuals, tansvestites, gender benders, hermaphrodites, intersexuals, androgenous people, and those with sex-chromosome anomaly such as klinefelter syndrome or turner syndrome.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pansexual

emmett
07-18-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure how long this has been floating about for but i just thought i'd drop a post about it cus i have only learned of it recently, 'pansexuality' it seems to be everywhere at the minute, the number of American based websites i am now on that have users promoting 'pansexuality' is literally increasing by the day. So my topic is to ask the older members a question, has this been and gone before and just going through a phase? or is it new and possibly here to stay?

Ok ya'll, I'll be the one!

Go home dude! Come back when you can think of something "interesting" to talk about!

Noir
07-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Ok ya'll, I'll be the one!

Go home dude! Come back when you can think of something "interesting" to talk about!

I am at home...

But seriously, its the first time i've herd of it and the number of people that have been talking about it has been huge, like huge huge,

Edit- And teh main point of the post was to ask if this is new a possibly rapidly growing identity, or if is well known and happens to be going through a crest at the moment

Abbey Marie
07-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I am at home...

But seriously, its the first time i've herd of it and the number of people that have been talking about it has been huge, like huge huge,

Edit- And teh main point of the post was to ask if this is new a possibly rapidly growing identity, or if is well known and happens to be going through a crest at the moment

You may need a classier group of friends, N. :coffee:

manu1959
07-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I am at home...

never heard of it and i live 20 minutes from loony bin central.....

Noir
07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
You may need a classier group of friends, N. :coffee:

I never said they were my freinds now, did i? :rolleyes:
I just like to keep my eyes and ears open, and lately this is all i've been seeing and hearing!

Abbey Marie
07-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I never said they were my freinds now, did i? :rolleyes:
I just like to keep my eyes and ears open, and lately this is all i've been seeing and hearing!

Okay, rephrase: You may need to turn your eyes and ears onto classier sources.

To answe your question, no, I don't think it's even a blip on the American radar.

Noir
07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Okay, rephrase: You may need to turn your eyes and ears onto classier sources.

To answe your question, no, I don't think it's even a blip on the American radar.

Well i'd rather not, as these 'unclassy' 16 year olds + are going to be voting in a few years, so as far as i see it its best to have eyes and ears in both camps, rather than just ignoring those whom you deem unclassy.

In reply to your answer, fair enough, but i'm sure at one point Gays and Bisexuals weren't a blip on the radar, so in 20 years time when ya's are making topics about raging Pansexuals, and pansexuals in the army ect. don't say i didn't warn ya.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Well i'd rather not, as these 'unclassy' 16 year olds + are going to be voting in a few years, so as far as i see it its best to have eyes and ears in both camps, rather than just ignoring those whom you deem unclassy.

In reply to your answer, fair enough, but i'm sure at one point Gays and Bisexuals weren't a blip on the radar, so in 20 years time when ya's are making topics about raging Pansexuals, and pansexuals in the army ect. don't say i didn't warn ya.

Interesting that you sound disappointed that it's not big here. As for interest growing here, it would not surprise me seeing the slippery slope we have started down in this country.

As for having eyes and ears in both camps, you may be surprised how what you surround yourself with affects you in the long run.

stephanie
07-18-2008, 09:23 PM

Noir
07-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Interesting that you sound disappointed that it's not big here. As for interest growing here, it would not surprise me seeing the slippery slope we have started down in this country.

As for having eyes and ears in both camps, you may be surprised how what you surround yourself with affects you in the long run.

I sound disapointed? If ya say so, but that's not what i intended.

And i ain't gona turn into a Pani just because i read about it, all i want to ensure is i am and aware as i can be of those around me and their views, beliefs and identities, rather than be ignorant.

Mr. P
07-18-2008, 09:49 PM
This is unique to the UK, go figure. :laugh2:

Noir
07-18-2008, 09:53 PM
This is unique to the UK, go figure. :laugh2:

Nope, actually (if you read my first post you'd see) the only forums i have herd it on are American forums, so i don't know were you got it being a UK thing from

emmett
07-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Pansexuals 51%
Republicans 20%
Democrats 20%
Libertarians 9%

Emmett e-mails Abbey. I told you we should have listened to him Ab!

Mr. P
07-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Nope, actually (if you read my first post you'd see) the only forums i have herd it on are American forums, so i don't know were you got it being a UK thing from

Hey, I can start a forum in the UK too...get it Mr. wizard?:poke:

Noir
07-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Pansexuals 51%
Republicans 20%
Democrats 20%
Libertarians 9%

Emmett e-mails Abbey. I told you we should have listened to him Ab!

Why thank you, mockery is the best form of flattery :)

stephanie
07-18-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll bet he's a member..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/StripJointL.gif

Oops, forgot a couple...I'll bet their members too..
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/MonicaLL.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/queenHillary.jpg

Noir
07-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey, I can start a forum in the UK too...get it Mr. wizard?:poke:

No i don't, they are american sites with american users and (ofcourse) some others, but i know that amercains make up the vast majority, and on one of the sites there is currently 79894 users online, and considering the Time in europe and asia i'm sure 95% of them are American if not more, and there are litterally hundreds of threads dedicated to Pans. I'm just sayin whats about, so how did you decided this was a UK only thing again?

Gaffer
07-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Never heard of it. Sounds like queer promotion to me. They will do anything to promote themselves and make themselves look mainstream.

stephanie
07-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Who the HELL CARES.....::poke:

diuretic
07-19-2008, 03:18 AM
The idea isn't new Noir. Google Aleister Crowley. But aside from that. The Abrahamic religions - Judaism, Christianity and Islam - contain, I believe - prescriptions and proscriptions concerning human sexuality. It's entirely probable that codes concerning what's socially acceptable concerning human sexuality go back to Hammurabi and possibly earlier.

As usual someone has repackaged an ancient idea and is selling it as something new.

I'm just waiting for the hula hoop to come back :laugh2:

Sitarro
07-19-2008, 03:25 AM
I wonder how many advisors that idiot, Obama, has working on courting the Pani vote?

Trigg
07-19-2008, 12:40 PM

This is the first I've heard the word.

You obviously visit some odd websights.:laugh2:

Roomy
07-19-2008, 02:11 PM
It's a panamerican pandemic:laugh2:

5stringJeff
07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Never heard of it, though it doesn't sound much different than bisexualism - which term covers all the bases I could think of.

Kathianne
07-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Never heard of it, though it doesn't sound much different than bisexualism - which term covers all the bases I could think of.

I've heard of high schoolers and college age that will go both ways, just a 'hook up', claiming their not bi-sexual, just 'open' to anything.

Sounds to me they are: Aids, std's of all stripes, self-esteem...