PDA

View Full Version : podcast reviews?

Smurfette
07-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Anyone have any podcast reviews? I'd like some podcast suggestions and thought some other people here might enjoy my favorite podcast - The Joan Kenley Show (http://www.joankenley.com/index.html). I started listening to Joan Kenley when she voiced a radio show here in the Bay Area called Talking Matters, then followed her when she made the move to the podcast format. My review: The show is about politics, health, relationships, daily life, really everything - each episode features an expert guest (or two) and the host's progressive and upbeat attitude underpins broad spectrum in depth conversation. I like it because it's positive and fun, yet educational.

5stringJeff
07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
I used to listen to the Cato Institute daily podcast. I haven't had time recently.

Smurfette
07-20-2008, 05:15 PM
I should check that out. It is free? Something odd I found while researching this question I Googled Joan Kenley looking for more things like her show or a way to categorize it and I learned that she is the voice of voicemail! At least mine, she's done a lot of the systems and is AT&T on the west coast, so that's me. Lol, I didn't recognize her voice and I apparently hear it every day (or at least every day I screen my calls ;) )

5stringJeff
07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, it's free. Head to the Cato webstie (www.cato.org) and look for it there. It's typically a 8-10 minute interview-style podcast.