PDA

View Full Version : Libby Does Not Qualify For Presidential Pardon

Psychoblues
03-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Reckon he’ll change his modem operandi on this crime?

"The pardon campaign began almost immediately. No sooner had word come down in federal court that I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby had been convicted on four felony counts than conservative allies began pressuring President Bush to step in and effectively overturn the verdict. The National Review Online was first off the block, publishing a "Pardon Libby" editorial barely two hours after the verdict was announced; the piece denounced the entire CIA-leak case as a "travesty" and the product of "media scandal-mongering." The Wall Street Journal followed suit Wednesday, saying Bush shouldn't even wait for Libby to file his appeal. "The time for a pardon is now," the Journal declared. The Web site of the Libby Defense Trust, www.scooterlibby.com, linked to those and other editorials calling for a pardon Wednesday.

But there's one significant roadblock on the path to Libby's salvation: Vice President Dick Cheney’s former chief of staff does not qualify to even be considered for a presidential pardon under Justice Department guidelines.

From the day he took office, Bush seems to have followed those guidelines religiously. He's taken an exceedingly stingy approach to pardons, granting only 113 in six years, mostly for relatively minor fraud, embezzlement and drug cases dating back more than two decades. Bush's pardons are "fewer than any president in 100 years," according to Margaret Love, former pardon attorney at the Justice Department. ...

Those regulations, which are discussed on the Justice Department Web site at www.usdoj.gov/pardon, would seem to make a Libby pardon a nonstarter in George W. Bush's White House. They "require a petitioner to wait a period of at least five years after conviction or release from confinement (whichever is later) before filing a pardon application," according to the Justice Web site."

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17507199/site/newsweek/

Probably. Blow Jobs are so much more interesting.

stephanie
03-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Oh, but crooks and half brotheres.........are ok?

Insein
03-09-2007, 03:14 AM
modem operandi? What is that his internet operation?

Psychoblues
03-09-2007, 03:15 AM
You are so shallow, staphy, and NO, I am not going to bump your monkey.

Oh, but crooks and half brotheres.........are ok?

stephanie
03-09-2007, 03:34 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/2irpzr6.gif

You are so shallow, staphy, and NO, I am not going to bump your monkey.

:lame2:

Psychoblues
03-09-2007, 03:53 AM
That's correct, insein, "Who you gonna trust, me or your lyin' eyes?"

modem operandi? What is that his internet operation?

Good one!!!!!!