PDA

View Full Version : McCain Backs Timeline to Get Obama Out of Iraq

stephanie
07-20-2008, 11:41 AM
:laugh2::cheers2:

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace · 7 Comments
(2008-07-20) — Republican presidential nominee John McCain today for the first time said he can now support a timeline to reduce the American presence in Iraq, specifically advocating the withdrawal from Iraq of Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama, and several battalions of U.S. news anchors and reporters.

“It’s time to bring them home,” said Sen. McCain at a news conference attended by an journalism intern from the Des Moines Register. “The surge has worked, and it’s time to redeploy.”

read it all here.
http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=3021

Abbey Marie
07-20-2008, 01:27 PM
:laugh2:

Yurt
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM
thats the difference between mccain and obama, obama blatently promised this regardless, then hedged his bets and said well...i need to take into account facts on the ground. obama's bold promise is what set him apart from hillary, it is why many voted him, but it was a promise that he later recanted.

retiredman
07-20-2008, 02:50 PM
thats the difference between mccain and obama, obama blatently promised this regardless, then hedged his bets and said well...i need to take into account facts on the ground. obama's bold promise is what set him apart from hillary, it is why many voted him, but it was a promise that he later recanted.

you are like a broken record.

boooooring

Yurt
07-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) on Thursday backed off his firm promise to withdraw combat forces from Iraq immediately and instead said he could “refine” his plan after his trip to Baghdad later this month.

Earlier, a top Obama adviser had said that the senator is not “wedded” to a specific timeline.

Obama told reporters in Fargo, N.D., that he is “going to do a thorough assessment."

"When I go to Iraq and I have a chance to talk to some of the commanders on the ground, I'm sure I'll have more information and will continue to refine my policies," he said, according to CBS News. “I have been consistent, throughout this process, that I believe the war in Iraq was a mistake.”

I have said throughout this campaign that ... I would bring our troops home at a pace of one to two brigades per month and at that pace we would have our combat troops out in 16 months. That position has not changed. I have not equivocated on that position. I am not searching for maneuvering room with respect to that position.

"What I said this morning and what I will repeat because it's consistent with what I've said over the last two years is that in putting this plan together, I will always listen to the advice of commanders on the ground, but that ultimately, I'm the person who is making the strategic decisions."
but that is not what he really said and what he really promised

The original Obama plan, still on his website, promises: “Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.”

In a separate six-page Iraq plan, he says in a section headed “All Combat Troops Redeployed by 2009”: “The best way to protect our security and to pressure Iraq's leaders to resolve their civil war is to begin immediately to remove our combat troops. Not in six months or one year — now.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11517.html

i guess to some the truth is "boring"

retiredman
07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) on Thursday backed off his firm promise to withdraw combat forces from Iraq immediately and instead said he could “refine” his plan after his trip to Baghdad later this month.

Earlier, a top Obama adviser had said that the senator is not “wedded” to a specific timeline.

Obama told reporters in Fargo, N.D., that he is “going to do a thorough assessment."

"When I go to Iraq and I have a chance to talk to some of the commanders on the ground, I'm sure I'll have more information and will continue to refine my policies," he said, according to CBS News. “I have been consistent, throughout this process, that I believe the war in Iraq was a mistake.”

I have said throughout this campaign that ... I would bring our troops home at a pace of one to two brigades per month and at that pace we would have our combat troops out in 16 months. That position has not changed. I have not equivocated on that position. I am not searching for maneuvering room with respect to that position.

"What I said this morning and what I will repeat because it's consistent with what I've said over the last two years is that in putting this plan together, I will always listen to the advice of commanders on the ground, but that ultimately, I'm the person who is making the strategic decisions."
but that is not what he really said and what he really promised

The original Obama plan, still on his website, promises: “Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.”

In a separate six-page Iraq plan, he says in a section headed “All Combat Troops Redeployed by 2009”: “The best way to protect our security and to pressure Iraq's leaders to resolve their civil war is to begin immediately to remove our combat troops. Not in six months or one year — now.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11517.html

i guess to some the truth is "boring"

no. the fact that you have made this same exact point about fifty times onm this board is boring...and it's incessant appearance borders on spam.

Yurt
07-20-2008, 03:38 PM
it is understandable that some want this issue to go away, unfortunately for them, the issue is still not resolved and is ongoing. if you don't want to hear the truth (50 times is a BS claim, and a lie) you are free to ignore the posts instead of whining like a little child.

retiredman
07-20-2008, 03:40 PM
it is understandable that some want this issue to go away, unfortunately for them, the issue is still not resolved and is ongoing. if you don't want to hear the truth (50 times is a BS claim, and a lie) you are free to ignore the posts instead of whining like a little child.

I like to point ouf the babblings of morons. I will continue to do so.

stephanie
07-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I like to point ouf the babblings of morons. I will continue to do so.

Have at it..just remember, you are pointing out yourself as you point out others....:laugh2:

Yurt
07-20-2008, 03:47 PM
I certainly have no respect for you, but that does not stop me from trying to engage you in debate. You refuse and continue to ONLY insult...clearly as a way of avoiding debate with me. You have NEVER been able to use your own words to articulate any of your positions or defend them...I don't know why I should expect anything different from you today...but hope springs eternal!

hmmmm, i wonder who said that...

retiredman
07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Have at it..just remember, you are pointing out yourself as you point out others....:laugh2:

ah...the little girlie gadfly feels compelled to add her two cents... how special!

I am well aware of your opinion of me stephie... what does that have to do with the fact that Yurt has harped ad nauseam on his theory that many Obama voters would have voted for Hillary instead if he had not been as unequivocal about ending the Iraq war?

retiredman
07-20-2008, 03:57 PM
hmmmm, i wonder who said that...

Oh I did...about RSR. Are you actually suggesting that I am incapable if articulating my positions using my own words? Is that the point that you were trying to make?

Yurt
07-20-2008, 04:01 PM
ad nauseum, hardly, but you wouldn't be expected to be honest, and hey, its sunday, sermon day, imagine that. if you don't like it, leave. and really, if you had something to reply with intelligently, you would have, but all you have in this thread are pure insults.

how exciting preacher.

Yurt
07-20-2008, 04:05 PM
:laugh2::cheers2:

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace · 7 Comments
(2008-07-20) — Republican presidential nominee John McCain today for the first time said he can now support a timeline to reduce the American presence in Iraq, specifically advocating the withdrawal from Iraq of Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama, and several battalions of U.S. news anchors and reporters.

“It’s time to bring them home,” said Sen. McCain at a news conference attended by an journalism intern from the Des Moines Register. “The surge has worked, and it’s time to redeploy.”

read it all here.
http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=3021

mccain is pure genius with this plan, that is the truth