PDA

View Full Version : Knives should be banned

Yurt
07-20-2008, 05:03 PM
knives kill ... people don't ... right

Country grapples with surge of knife attacks

LONDON (AFP) - Britain is struggling to get to grips with a surge of fatal knife attacks, which analysts say reflects a growing sense of insecurity on the country's streets.

That came after nine people were killed across the country the previous week, including six in only 24 hours.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/britaincrimeyouth;_ylt=AoxSe0EwuAGq4sdYwc66LjsDW7o F

people kill and if they don't have guns, they will find a way. sad as it is.

Noir
07-20-2008, 05:21 PM
The problem is not the knives, but the growth of gang culture. and because of this more people are carrying knives on the street, as they want to 'feel safe' and 'protect themselves' (these are the words and phrases they are using) but surprise surprise the more people that carry knives the more stabbings their have been, so at the minute the government is tryin to bring in tougher penalties if you are caught with a knife (as i have aired on this site i think there should be an instant 3 year prison term)

See the difference? There are stabbings in the UK and the People, the media and politicians all call of youths to leave knives and home, as more knives leads to more death...but in the USA when there are shootings, some people, some media and some politicians call for more guns for less death....just bewildering...

And just as a side note, no one is calling for a knife ban.

Yurt
07-20-2008, 05:31 PM
i don't believe the UK has the 2nd amendment

Noir
07-20-2008, 05:33 PM
i don't believe the UK has the 2nd amendment

Your point being?

Yurt
07-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Your point being?

the argument over more or less guns is not always about "guns" themselves, bu the right to own the them...more or less sometimes being proverbial in discussing rights.

Joe Steel
07-20-2008, 06:01 PM
knives kill ... people don't ... right

Country grapples with surge of knife attacks

LONDON (AFP) - Britain is struggling to get to grips with a surge of fatal knife attacks, which analysts say reflects a growing sense of insecurity on the country's streets.

Interesting.

Great Britain, after the United States, is probably the most Conservative country in the world.

Conservatism kills.

Yurt
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Interesting.

Great Britain, after the United States, is probably the most Conservative country in the world.

Conservatism kills.

yes, i am sure all those murderers are conservatives....

saudi arabia is quite conservative and their murder rate is very low, let's implement islam and hey, iran has a low murder rate

your attempt at making a correlation fails miserably, for there is nothing inherent in a conservative form of government that induces murders, be it by guns, knifes or bare hands.

stephanie
07-20-2008, 06:42 PM
I wonder if they will eventually get around to banning.....sharp sticks!?

Yurt
07-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I wonder if they will eventually get around to banning.....sharp sticks!?

......and stones

Noir
07-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Erm...before you get carried away with talk about banning lots of stuff can you link me to a MP or Minister calling for this so called Knife ban?

Yurt
07-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Erm...before you get carried away with talk about banning lots of stuff can you link me to a MP or Minister calling for this so called Knife ban?

no one called for it, it is tongue in cheek and playing on the hysteria anti-second amendment folks go into when someone dies by a gun. did not mean to give the impression any official person called for it. :)

Noir
07-20-2008, 07:19 PM
no one called for it, it is tongue in cheek and playing on the hysteria anti-second amendment folks go into when someone dies by a gun. did not mean to give the impression any official person called for it. :)

Rightyo, sorry my bad. I'm just always up for an argument (especially when its about my wee country) :coffee:

stephanie
07-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Well! I've heard talk by people over there who would like to ban knives..

The sad thing......it will probably happen.

Noir
07-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Well! I've heard talk by people over there who would like to ban knives..

The sad thing......it will probably happen.

And some people like to dress up as babys and get spanked at the weekend for kicks, doesn't mean its a mainstream idea, i have not seen one political party nor one new channel ever even mention a ban, so those that do are just the ultra foolish trouble makers, that try and give us a bad name

...unless you to were being 'tongue and cheek'...in which case i will look quiet the fool, and so then please ignore the above text and refer to my last post (i hate tryin to gauge tone on the internet, lawl.)

stephanie
07-20-2008, 07:41 PM
And some people like to dress up as babys and get spanked at the weekend for kicks, doesn't mean its a mainstream idea, i have not seen one political party nor one new channel ever even mention a ban, so those that do are just the ultra foolish trouble makers, that try and give us a bad name

...unless you to were being 'tongue and cheek'...in which case i will look quiet the fool, and so then please ignore the above text and refer to my last post (i hate tryin to gauge tone on the internet, lawl.)

Well, you should know.:cheers2:

Joe Steel
07-20-2008, 07:47 PM
yes, i am sure all those murderers are conservatives....

saudi arabia is quite conservative and their murder rate is very low, let's implement islam and hey, iran has a low murder rate

your attempt at making a correlation fails miserably, for there is nothing inherent in a conservative form of government that induces murders, be it by guns, knifes or bare hands.

Your comment shows you lack of understanding and insight and is even stupider than usual.

Conservatism is little more than an attempt to justify selfishness with political philosophy. The criminal mentality is the ultimate in selfishness. Thus, Conservatism serves criminality.

Yurt
07-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Your comment shows you lack of understanding and insight and is even stupider than usual.

Liberalism is little more than an attempt to justify selfishness with political philosophy. The criminal mentality is the ultimate in selfishness. Thus, Liberalism serves criminality.

:lol:

man, that was easy, look ma, i can make stuff up too

do you have any true examples or just your fairy tale imagination to substantiate your views? your logical fallacy fails miserably, as did your previous post.

namvet
07-20-2008, 08:27 PM
could jack the ripper be on the loose again????

5stringJeff
07-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Interesting.

Conservatism kills.

This coming from a person whose username comes from an evil dictator who is responsible for 10 to 20 million deaths... priceless.

retiredman
07-20-2008, 08:37 PM

tongue in cheek, eh? funny how that is a legitimate agrument for YOUR side but ridiculed by you when I present it.

stephanie
07-20-2008, 08:41 PM
tongue in cheek, eh? funny how that is a legitimate agrument for YOUR side but ridiculed by you when I present it.

OH....give it a rest.:slap::cheers2:

retiredman
07-20-2008, 08:43 PM
OH....give it a rest.:slap::cheers2:

why? because the girlie gadfly demands I do? fuck that.

stephanie
07-20-2008, 08:52 PM

Stop babbling. good grief
you can be so argumentive..:rolleyes:

retiredman
07-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Stop babbling. good grief
you can be so argumentive..:rolleyes:

physician, heal thyself.

stephanie
07-20-2008, 09:01 PM
physician, heal thyself.

I've got 5000 some post, and you have OVER, 8700..

Now, who is it who needs to heal thyself??:poke:

retiredman
07-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I've got 5000 post, and you have close to 7500..

Now, who is it who needs to heal thyself??:poke:

on a totally conservative dominated board....congratuations.

you are still one whose posts are primarily argumentative, even though your stepford-wife-posting-partners nonetheless seem to love your wisdom

stephanie
07-20-2008, 09:10 PM
on a totally conservative dominated board....congratuations.

you are still one whose posts are primarily argumentative, even though your stepford-wife-posting-partners nonetheless seem to love your wisdom

I find myself to be both, witty and wisdomed..:cheers2:

retiredman
07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I find myself to be both, witty and wisdomed..:cheers2:

I have no doubt. self delusion is quite common amongst the borderline mentally challenged.

diuretic
07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I listened to a BBC World Service radio documentary just the other day. A couple of lads who had been locked up were asked what it was with knives. One lad said it was gangs. The other agreed and said everyone was carrying knives for protection and they used them when attacked. There's a problem there and stabbing murders are just the obvious result. It seems Britain's "yoof" gang problem might be at the centre of it.

stephanie
07-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I have no doubt. self delusion is quite common amongst the borderline mentally challenged.

Hey, that was quite witty..I laughed.:laugh2:

retiredman
07-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey, that was quite witty..I laughed.:laugh2:

I don't count that as a victory. I imagine you moronically laughing at nearly everything.

stephanie
07-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't count that as a victory. I imagine you moronically laughing at nearly everything.

Hot damn..now I'm http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/1lmao.gif

diuretic
07-21-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm glad Jim makes us check our hardware at the door when we come into DP - there'd be bullets and knives flying everywhere if he didn't insist :laugh2:

darin
07-21-2008, 07:48 AM

Why do you LOOK to cause trouble?

You fail.

crin63
07-21-2008, 09:06 AM

Well there's at least one thing your posts prove. The moral decay in America comes from apostates in the pulpit like yourself.

darin
07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Well there's at least one thing your posts prove. The moral decay in America comes from apostates in the pulpit like yourself.

http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/applause.gif

:)

I don't even BUY his story about being a "pastor". :)

Trigg
07-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I listened to a BBC World Service radio documentary just the other day. A couple of lads who had been locked up were asked what it was with knives. One lad said it was gangs. The other agreed and said everyone was carrying knives for protection and they used them when attacked. There's a problem there and stabbing murders are just the obvious result. It seems Britain's "yoof" gang problem might be at the centre of it.

The "youth culture" in the US are the ones responsible for our gun violence. Usually in the inner cities.

I would venture to guess that if the US banned guns like the UK we would then have a knife problem. People who are up to no good will always find weapons.

Yurt
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
i concur