PDA

View Full Version : Here's The Beef-Burgers of a Sort This Is

Kathianne
07-20-2008, 08:27 PM
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-23233092;_ylc=X3oDMTFyazc5MG8yBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3MD MjcxOTQ4MQRzZWMDZnAtdG9kYXltb2QEc2xrA2J1cmdlcnMtMj AwOC03LTE1

America's Most Expensive Hamburgers
Scouring the nation in search of burger perfection
By Neal Ungerleider
Burger Double Truffle: $150
© DB Bistro Moderne
More from Forbes Traveler

* America's Best Ice Cream
* America's Best Pizzerias
* Paris Foodie Favorites

More from Yahoo! Travel

* Check flight deals now!
* Get more vacation ideas on Yahoo! Travel

On May 26, millions of Americans celebrated Memorial Day with backyard barbecues. While most of our grills were filled with the usual Grade-A meat from local butchers and supermarkets, dozens of restaurants across the country served Kobe-beef burgers topped not with ketchup and mustard, but truffles and foie gras. The price tags on these wallet-busting burgers can reach $175.

According to Adam Kuban of Seriouseats.com, the appeal of the luxury hamburger is that it democratizes status symbol foods. “Most people don't get to say they've tried the best or most expensive truffles, caviar or wine,” he says. “But a $40 burger is arguably within reach of mere mortals. It's a chance to try the ‘ultimate’ example of something edible, and because it's a burger — well, who doesn't want to eat the ultimate burger?”...

My ultimate burger: chuck, onions, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, tomato, mushrooms, swiss cheese. Onions and shrooms grilled of course. Toasted whole wheat bun, w/sesame seeds of course!

5stringJeff
07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
My ultimate burger: chuck, onions, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, tomato, mushrooms, swiss cheese. Onions and shrooms grilled of course. Toasted whole wheat bun, w/sesame seeds of course!

Mine would be a 1/2 lb of lean ground beef, with ketchup, chipotle mayo, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and monterrey jack cheese.

Kathianne
07-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Mine would be a 1/2 lb of lean ground beef, with ketchup, chipotle mayo, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and monterrey jack cheese.

Now that sounds yummy too. Make that 'lite mayo'! ;)

Mr. P
07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
a $40 burger?!?! I can buy a prime rib roast that will feed three for that! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz. What was it P.T. Barnum said? :laugh2: