PDA

View Full Version : Values Voters Have Little To Show For Support Of Bush

Psychoblues
03-09-2007, 02:25 AM
So much for “values” and Bush.

Joseph Bottum is editor of First Things, the flagship intellectual journal of the "theo-cons," which is to say, the religious right. And Joseph Bottum is not a happy man.

"Social conservatism is in little better shape now than it was when Bush was first elected. In many ways, it is in worse shape," he writes in the magazine's current issue. "Every conservative I know is depressed these days, and they are right to be."

Hate to say it, but for religious and social conservatives, the Bush administration will have been the last political hurrah at the national level for some time.

If so-called values voters couldn't get meaningful action on the two issues that have most animated our side this decade - abortion and gay marriage - with an evangelical president and both congressional chambers in Republicans' hands, it's not going to happen.

More: http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_5370379

He never was much of “value” to me either. Not to mention that Republicans in general have never been much of value to any Christian ideologies that I hold dear to my beliefs.

Psychoblues
03-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Soooooooo,,,,,,,the Values Voters don't want to talk about it?

I can understand that.

5stringJeff
03-23-2007, 11:13 PM
If you want to talk about values voters, you might try the politics section.

Honestly, I think Bush has done what he could on abortion and gay marriage. I fault the GOP congress for not doing more.

Abbey Marie
03-23-2007, 11:43 PM
All conservatives are depressed? Generalize much?

What a maroon.

Btw, this is a good representation of the mood of all the conservatives I know:

:dance:

You see, it's easy to stay happy when you know you are right.

Psychoblues
03-24-2007, 12:14 AM
As a fellow "Values Voter", I am not happy either. Did "I" say all conservatives are depressed or even imply the same? NO.

When will fiscal responsibility and political pragmatism return to the great process of American Politics?

Gaffer
03-24-2007, 12:29 AM
As a fellow "Values Voter", I am not happy either. Did "I" say all conservatives are depressed or even imply the same? NO.

When will fiscal responsibility and political pragmatism return to the great process of American Politics?

When the liberals are totally and utterly defeated.

03-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Considering most of our problems with values stem from the Supreme court making decisions against them despite the people disagreeing, I think Bush has done a great job by appointing Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito to the bench.

Considering if we had a Democrat President that their is no doubt values issues would have been pushed back even further. Id rather have a status quo then a retreat. Of course, it would be nice if we pushed things forwards even further. But we have done quite a bit of that at the state level with the statutes against gay marriage.

Psychoblues
03-26-2007, 03:52 AM
What are you saying in your post as "them", a4321? Are you refering to politicians or values?

Considering most of our problems with values stem from the Supreme court making decisions against them despite the people disagreeing, I think Bush has done a great job by appointing Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito to the bench.

Considering if we had a Democrat President that their is no doubt values issues would have been pushed back even further. Id rather have a status quo then a retreat. Of course, it would be nice if we pushed things forwards even further. But we have done quite a bit of that at the state level with the statutes against gay marriage.

Ohhhhh. Now I see. You are simply afraid of the queers, aren't you a4321? God made them, no doubt about that. But you reject the works of God that you disagree with. Interesting. How many more works of God do you disagree with?

theHawk
03-26-2007, 03:55 PM
God made them, no doubt about that. But you reject the works of God that you disagree with. Interesting. How many more works of God do you disagree with?

That is the most idiotic thing you have ever said Psycho.
God HIMSELF rejects homosexuality.

With your line of logic one could say God created murderers and pedophiles. So to reject them is to reject "works of God".

gabosaurus
03-26-2007, 04:42 PM
The only "value voters" who still show support of Bush are the blinded apologists whoi haven't worn out their kneepads yet.

Gaffer
03-26-2007, 04:58 PM
The only "value voters" who still show support of Bush are the blinded apologists whoi haven't worn out their kneepads yet.

That coming from someone with no value.

Sitarro
03-26-2007, 05:36 PM

I'm curious about your avatar gab-a-lot, if you believe President Bush is an idiot because he isn't a great public orator, what do you think of Stephen Hawking? Hawking has to use a computer to speak....what a dimwit...right?

03-26-2007, 07:25 PM
What are you saying in your post as "them", a4321? Are you refering to politicians or values?

Ohhhhh. Now I see. You are simply afraid of the queers, aren't you a4321? God made them, no doubt about that. But you reject the works of God that you disagree with. Interesting. How many more works of God do you disagree with?

That is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.

Psychoblues
03-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Do you care to explain?

That is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.

Or are you one of those lemmings that would rather jump?