PDA

View Full Version : US Soldier Lost His Personal War With Terrorists

Psychoblues
07-21-2008, 03:39 AM
It's a pretty sad read but one you should be aware of. His is not an isoloated one. Simply a documented one:

Source: Associated Press

PINEHURST, N.C. - Officers had been to the white ranch house at 560 W. Longleaf many times before over the past year to respond to a "barricade situation." Each had ended uneventfully, with Joseph Dwyer coming out or telling police in a calm voice through the window that he was OK.

But this time was different.

The Iraq War veteran had called a taxi service to take him to the emergency room. But when the driver arrived, Dwyer shouted that he was too weak to get up and open the door.

The officers asked Dwyer for permission to kick it in............

Much more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/military_the_enemy_within

Heartbreaking but sadly true.....................

bullypulpit
07-21-2008, 04:08 AM
It's a pretty sad read but one you should be aware of. His is not an isoloated one. Simply a documented one:

Source: Associated Press

PINEHURST, N.C. - Officers had been to the white ranch house at 560 W. Longleaf many times before over the past year to respond to a "barricade situation." Each had ended uneventfully, with Joseph Dwyer coming out or telling police in a calm voice through the window that he was OK.

But this time was different.

The Iraq War veteran had called a taxi service to take him to the emergency room. But when the driver arrived, Dwyer shouted that he was too weak to get up and open the door.

The officers asked Dwyer for permission to kick it in............

Much more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/military_the_enemy_within

Heartbreaking but sadly true.....................

It's how the Bush administration supports the troops.

Psychoblues
07-21-2008, 04:11 AM
Dig that, bp, really dig that!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose the cowards think of it only as "collateral damage". Pitiful excuse for the care of an American Hero, isn't it?

bullypulpit
07-21-2008, 04:30 AM
It's just a part of their mindset. That and their complete inability or unwillingness to see the bigger picture.

If you notice, the Bush administration, rather than putting the country on a war footing...raising taxes to pay for the war...ramping up domestic production of equipment needed to keep our troops safe...instituting a draft to meet the man-power requirements...has basically told America to "Go shopping...". No one, except our troops and their families, has been asked to make even the smallest sacrifice in support of our troops and the war. Our military is at war, America isn't.

People put the economy at the top of their list of worries, never realizing the war and the economy are intimately related. The huge deficits run up by the Bush administration in its pursuit of this war and occupation will be a drag on US economic growth for decades to come, thus putting returning Iraq and Afghan war vets at even greater risk of falling through the cracks.

Psychoblues
07-21-2008, 04:39 AM
You have just described only a portion of the gwb legacy, bully.

It's just a part of their mindset. That and their complete inability or unwillingness to see the bigger picture.

If you notice, the Bush administration, rather than putting the country on a war footing...raising taxes to pay for the war...ramping up domestic production of equipment needed to keep our troops safe...instituting a draft to meet the man-power requirements...has basically told America to "Go shopping...". No one, except our troops and their families, has been asked to make even the smallest sacrifice in support of our troops and the war. Our military is at war, America isn't.

People put the economy at the top of their list of worries, never realizing the war and the economy are intimately related. The huge deficits run up by the Bush administration in its pursuit of this war and occupation will be a drag on US economic growth for decades to come, thus putting returning Iraq and Afghan war vets at even greater risk of falling through the cracks.

The rest of it will come out later!!!!!!!!! The republican mindset is no ideology with which I would want to associate myself in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trigg
07-21-2008, 01:22 PM
"Veterans are civilians, and VA is guided by state law about involuntary commitment," she told the AP. "There are civil liberties, and VA respects that those civil liberties are important."

The VA hospital couldn't lock him up against his will. He was being treated and according to the parents he stopped taking the medications.

The VA hospitals may have dropped the ball, we don't know that though since the family is unwilling to release his medical records. If they did that they could have them looked over by another physician.

The VA hospitals were crap when Clinton was incharge also.They've been run poorly for at least the last 30 yrs. I know plenty of hospital employees that refuse to work at them, my husband included. We would be able to do more for our service people if the VA's were shut down and instead the gov. covered their costs at local hospitals.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 11:50 AM
The VA hospitals are not "crap", trap crap. If they were why would you support sending our troops into harms way knowing they had no chance of receiving the healthcare they will need after their return? Too complicated for your feeble mind?

The VA hospitals were crap when Clinton was incharge also.They've been run poorly for at least the last 30 yrs. I know plenty of hospital employees that refuse to work at them, my husband included. We would be able to do more for our service people if the VA's were shut down and instead the gov. covered their costs at local hospitals.

As far as your deflection to the Clinton years I would point out that the VA funding remained stable or increased in every year of the Clinton administration and that the service scores given by patients on their VA care increased also during all of those years.

Were you aware that gwb signed into law a large reduction in VA funding on the same day as he gave his now famous "Mission Accomplished" speech?

Sitarro
07-24-2008, 12:07 PM
The VA hospitals are not "crap", trap crap. If they were why would you support sending our troops into harms way knowing they had no chance of receiving the healthcare they will need after their return? Too complicated for your feeble mind?

As far as your deflection to the Clinton years I would point out that the VA funding remained stable or increased in every year of the Clinton administration and that the service scores given by patients on their VA care increased also during all of those years.

Were you aware that gwb signed into law a large reduction in VA funding on the same day as he gave his now famous "Mission Accomplished" speech?

You have a link from a non biased reliable source on that?

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 12:24 PM
What part of it are you having a problem with, zero?

You have a link from a non biased reliable source on that?

If you have something to dispute then simply dispute it. If you were truly interested in facts, links, etc. you would be a Democrat and already favorable to the implication, no?

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 12:28 PM
What part of it are you having a problem with, zero?

If you have something to dispute then simply dispute it. If you were truly interested in facts, links, etc. you would be a Democrat and already favorable to the implication, no?

Translation: No, he doesn't have a link.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Do you have an argument or just smartass remarks, kitty?

Translation: No, he doesn't have a link.

Or are you suggesting this of everyone?

Translation: :lame2:

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Do you have an argument or just smartass remarks, kitty?

Or are you suggesting this of everyone?

Translation: :lame2:

Neither, just as you do not have a link.

actsnoblemartin
07-24-2008, 12:41 PM

sad but true

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Pitiful, kitty.

Neither, just as you do not have a link.

Truly pitiful.

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Pitiful, kitty.

Truly pitiful.
The pitiful one is you PB. You are condemning your 'legacy' if you self proclaimed service was true, which of course, is doubtful, for a myriad of reasons.

actsnoblemartin
07-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I would like to see not only more funding, but real leadership.

I would like to see patreus like leadership, so soldiers are never again allowed to languish.

whether you support war or not, soldiers should never be mis-treated in any way, and those who engage in such acts of negligents or hatred towards them should be held accountable

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 01:03 PM
What self proclaimed "legacy", kitty? If you wish to argue about the topic, please continue. If you wish to abuse your authority as a staff member, be my guest. As far as your stupidass comment on my service then I suggest you give any example that I have written or indicated to cause you any doubt, as you now call it.

The pitiful one is you PB. You are condemning your 'legacy' if you self proclaimed service was true, which of course, is doubtful, for a myriad of reasons.

You don't like me, kitty, and I don't like you, at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I can handle the rejection but you're still dealing with it, aren't you?

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 01:04 PM
What self proclaimed "legacy", kitty? If you wish to argue about the topic, please continue. If you wish to abuse your authority as a staff member, be my guest. As far as your stupidass comment on my service then I suggest you give any example that I have written or indicated to cause you any doubt, as you now call it.

You don't like me, kitty, and I don't like you, at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I can handle the rejection but you're still dealing with it, aren't you?

How regarding the bolded?

actsnoblemartin
07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
um, whats going on :poke:

im getting nervous

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Relax, marteen!!!!!!! It's just kitty pretending to be dumber than she actually is.

um, whats going on :poke:

im getting nervous

She knows full well what the topic is but she would rather confuse it, forget it and insult a member of the board. It is her style, ain't it? Cute!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 02:05 PM

Let's try again, PB.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
See what I mean, marteen? She refuses to comment on the subject at hand, calls into question my military history without any foundation, obfuscates the question while posting as a staff member and refuses to communicate in any credible way. She has all the power. She also claims to have all the intelligence. Ha!!!!!! I am only a member and poster.

We still have ice cold H20 in the Lounge, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wuzza matta wit you?!?!?!?!?!?!? I can pretend, too, can't I?!?!?!?!???!?!

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 02:11 AM
When is the last time you saw real leadership, marteen?

I would like to see not only more funding, but real leadership.

I would like to see patreus like leadership, so soldiers are never again allowed to languish.

whether you support war or not, soldiers should never be mis-treated in any way, and those who engage in such acts of negligents or hatred towards them should be held accountable

I suspect about Jan. 20, 2001. The current idiot in chief has only sustained misery and incompetence, don't you know?