PDA

View Full Version : Dobson Shifts Positions, May Endorse McCain

Psychoblues
07-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Is this God doubletalking or just another preacher attempting to expand his personal constituency?

Source: AP

Conservative Christian leader James Dobson has softened his stance against Republican presidential hopeful John McCain, saying he could reverse his position and endorse the Arizona senator despite serious misgivings.

"I never thought I would hear myself saying this," Dobson said in a radio broadcast to air Monday. "... While I am not endorsing Senator John McCain, the possibility is there that I might."

Dobson and other evangelical leaders unimpressed by McCain increasingly are taking a lesser-of-two-evils approach to the 2008 race. Dobson and his guest, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary president Albert Mohler, spend most of the pretaped Focus on the Family radio program criticizing Democratic candidate Barack Obama, getting to McCain at the very end......

"There's nothing dishonorable in a person rethinking his or her positions, especially in a constantly changing political context," Dobson said in a statement to the AP. "Barack Obama contradicts and threatens everything I believe about the institution of the family and what is best for the nation. His radical positions on life, marriage and national security force me to reevaluate the candidacy of our only other choice, John McCain."

More: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iBvP50s1jq-cqtunx1aVlc54lQqgD921QJOO0

He could be just a bit more subtle, don't you think?

bullypulpit
07-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Is this God doubletalking or just another preacher attempting to expand his personal constituency?

Source: AP

Conservative Christian leader James Dobson has softened his stance against Republican presidential hopeful John McCain, saying he could reverse his position and endorse the Arizona senator despite serious misgivings.

"I never thought I would hear myself saying this," Dobson said in a radio broadcast to air Monday. "... While I am not endorsing Senator John McCain, the possibility is there that I might."

Dobson and other evangelical leaders unimpressed by McCain increasingly are taking a lesser-of-two-evils approach to the 2008 race. Dobson and his guest, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary president Albert Mohler, spend most of the pretaped Focus on the Family radio program criticizing Democratic candidate Barack Obama, getting to McCain at the very end......

"There's nothing dishonorable in a person rethinking his or her positions, especially in a constantly changing political context," Dobson said in a statement to the AP. "Barack Obama contradicts and threatens everything I believe about the institution of the family and what is best for the nation. His radical positions on life, marriage and national security force me to reevaluate the candidacy of our only other choice, John McCain."

More: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iBvP50s1jq-cqtunx1aVlc54lQqgD921QJOO0

He could be just a bit more subtle, don't you think?

Oh heavens no. It's not God talking...It's the voices in Dobson's head.

Psychoblues
07-21-2008, 04:22 AM
I don't agree, bp.

Oh heavens no. It's not God talking...It's the voices in Dobson's head.

I think it's more about those Ben Franklins in his wallet needing company, or do you get it?

07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Dobson rethinking his position if he chooses. Isn't that what America's all about?

And what evidence do you have that he is doing so for money? I have no interest in whether he endorses McCain or not. I, honestly, don't give a damn. I just hate people being maligned with no evidence. So pony up.

bullypulpit
07-22-2008, 07:41 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Dobson rethinking his position if he chooses. Isn't that what America's all about?

And what evidence do you have that he is doing so for money? I have no interest in whether he endorses McCain or not. I, honestly, don't give a damn. I just hate people being maligned with no evidence. So pony up.

Dobson "outed" Sponge Bob Squarepants. And then there's fathers taking showers with their little boys so "the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger...". Who knew raising straight kids was as easy as pounding pegs into holes and taking showers with little boys. Sheesh.

07-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Dobson "outed" Sponge Bob Squarepants. And then there's fathers taking showers with their little boys so "the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger...". Who knew raising straight kids was as easy as pounding pegs into holes and taking showers with little boys. Sheesh.

Okay, let's assume everything you say is true.

What the hell does it have to do with the topic???

glockmail
07-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Bully's simply deflecting and attacking. Its all he knows.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Dobson has had some pretty bad things to say about JM, a'21. Any such radical repositioning of opinion by him should now be closely scrutinized, don't you think?

I just hate people blowing out their butts during an otherwise honest conversation, don't you, a'21?

07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Dobson has had some pretty bad things to say about JM, a'21. Any such radical repositioning of opinion by him should now be closely scrutinized, don't you think?

I just hate people blowing out their butts during an otherwise honest conversation, don't you, a'21?

When have you been in an honest conversation?

And why should we scrutinize him? I dont really care if he votes for bozo the clown. His motivation really doesnt matter. Its his right as an American to change his mind regardless of his motivation.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
You're hilarious, a'21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When have you been in an honest conversation?

And why should we scrutinize him? I dont really care if he votes for bozo the clown. His motivation really doesnt matter. Its his right as an American to change his mind regardless of his motivation.

And you can't even read, can you? Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I consider every conversation I enter or propose to be honest. Sometimes the irony escapes some, even me, but that's the American way, isn't it, a'21?

Don't give up your day gig, cowgirl. You need some help with your chops before you get on the Jay Leno Show!!!!!!!!!!

07-24-2008, 02:15 PM
You're hilarious, a'21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you can't even read, can you? Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I consider every conversation I enter or propose to be honest. Sometimes the irony escapes some, even me, but that's the American way, isn't it, a'21?

Don't give up your day gig, cowgirl. You need some help with your chops before you get on the Jay Leno Show!!!!!!!!!!

I can read quite fine my friend. But you keep using the word honest. I don't think it means what you think it means.

07-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Once again, why should we scrutinize his position? Why does it matter who he wants to vote for? Where is your evidence that he is shifting positions because of money?

An honest person would answer the questions instead of trying to avoid them.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh yes, a'21, I am well versed and practiced in honesty. And sincerity as well!!!!!!! I doubt your experience and intent sometimes. What's wrong with that? Evidence? Quote any claim I have made to the absolute of your question. I think it is where I said "I think it's more about those Ben Franklins in his wallet needing company, or do you get it?", but I really don't know what else you could be talking about.

Once again, why should we scrutinize his position? Why does it matter who he wants to vote for? Where is your evidence that he is shifting positions because of money?

An honest person would answer the questions instead of trying to avoid them.

But, in the interest of discussion I will state that it has been my experience in organized religion/mega churches/evangelists I have found far more interest in self serving sermonry looking for additional contributions or possibly free labor or materials than in any interest in saving souls. But, that's what I think and obviously the courts agree with me as many of the Ben Franklin hounds that call themselves preachers are under especially tight scrutiny right now and again I think for very good reasons!!!!!!!!! I hope they are all exposed, jailed and ordered to pay retribution to the parishioners they have been cheating!!!!!!!!!

Just to be clear, even though I shouldn't have to explain this, I have NO PROBLEM with honest preachers. They are valuable and certainly have their place in the society of fellow christians. I know a few of them and they certainly know how I feel and they also agree with me on this issue.