PDA

View Full Version : obama is going to be president longer than the 8 years allowed

Yurt
07-22-2008, 01:34 PM
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan, Israel and Germany aren't normally known as swing states in a White House campaign. But Barack Obama's off to a fast start in his attempt to change that with an election-season tour designed to show him as a potential commander in chief, equally comfortable sitting down — presidential style — with kings and other foreign leaders.

"The objective of this trip was to have substantive discussions with people ... who I expect to be dealing with over the next eight to 10 years," he said recently, evidently looking beyond this fall's election to a second term in the White House.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080722/ap_on_el_pr/obama_s_travels

and look, more change from obama (same link):

At the same time, he presumably hopes to avoid the type of complication that followed a speech to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee last month. He declared that Jerusalem must be undivided and Israel's capital. When Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas protested that was an issue for negotiations, Obama backtracked slightly.

i wonder who is footing the bill for this campaign trip...

-Cp
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Umm.. where in there does it say we're going to alter the Constitution to make him President for more than two terms? :)

Yurt
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Umm.. where in there does it say we're going to alter the Constitution to make him President for more than two terms? :)

it doesn't, but i think its funny how he thinks he will be dealing with these people for 8-10 years...more ooops from obama or is it? :D

even the reporter thought the statement meant his time in office:

evidently looking beyond this fall's election to a second term in the White House

hjmick
07-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Perhaps Obama intends to declare martial law, suspend elections, and declare himself "Dear Leader" or "Eternal President?"

Kathianne
07-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Perhaps Obama intends to declare martial law, suspend elections, and declare himself "Dear Leader" or "Eternal President?"

Funny that, it was my take from the post. I wasn't taking it seriously, but that seemed to be the implication.

retiredman
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
yeah....this is important stuff!:lol:

crin63
07-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Obama has been trained to get extra for his money from his buddy Rezko. He's just applying the same math to the presidency. He probably figures he gets 10 years for the price of 8.

MtnBiker
07-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Everyone needs to give Obama a break. He was not on script at the time.

Yurt
07-22-2008, 03:18 PM
imagine if bush said said i'll be dealing with these guys for another 2-3 years....the libs would be apoplectic and our dear poster April15 would be shouting "i told you so"

glockmail
07-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Its going to take him an extra two years to create 7 more states.

Yurt
07-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Its going to take him an extra two years to create 7 more states.

:lol: