PDA

View Full Version : A course I'd like to take

Abbey Marie
07-22-2008, 02:00 PM
My daughter will be taking AP US Gov't this year. I talked it up so much the last three years, she got interested. Over the summer they must read Common Sense, the D of I, and certain Federalist papers, and extract and summarize the main ideas from them. They must also be prepared to answer any questions that people wanting to be come citizens must answer.

They are also required to volunteer on the political campaign of their choice, local, state or national. Knowing my duaghter, it will probably be McCain's, but it's her choice completely.

This is all just for starters. When June arrives, I expect that she will be more knowledgable about our gov't's origins and workings than most adults. Very cool indeed.

5stringJeff
07-22-2008, 02:01 PM
That's great! Sounds like something I'd take!

PostmodernProphet
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
My daughter will be taking AP US Gov't this year. I talked it up so much the last three years, she got interested. Over the summer they must read Common Sense, the D of I, and certain Federalist papers, and extract and summarize the main ideas from them. They must also be prepared to answer any questions that people wanting to be come citizens must answer.

They are also required to volunteer on the political campaign of their choice, local, state or national. Knowing my duaghter, it will probably be McCain's, but it's her choice completely.

This is all just for starters. When June arrives, I expect that she will be more knowledgable about our gov't's origins and workings than most adults. Very cool indeed.

any colleges near you?.....we have one in town that lets people audit open classes for only $25 a course......

Abbey Marie
07-22-2008, 02:15 PM
any colleges near you?.....we have one in town that lets people audit open classes for only $25 a course......

That's awesome.

07-22-2008, 08:17 PM
i never took it. I took AP Economics instead. The class was easy.