PDA

View Full Version : Signs Of The Times

stephanie
07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
:clap:

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Campaign '08: The "newspaper of record" doesn't want John McCain's views on Iraq to go on the record, at least not while Barack Obama is on his magical media tour. The truth about Obama is unfit to print?

If you doubt the media are in the tank for Obama, doubt no more. The refusal of the New York Times to print McCain's op-ed on Obama after an Obama piece was published has nothing to do with editorial judgment and everything to do with protecting the media's heartthrob.

Times op-ed editor David Shipley, who served in the Clinton administration from 1995 to 1997, insists it was just a request for a rewrite, as is frequently done with other writers. But McCain isn't a freelance writer or NYT staffer. He's a candidate for president of the United States and ought to be able to express his views — unedited and unfiltered.

SNIP:
The Times spiked McCain's op-ed, which will now receive wider circulation, because it reminds voters of Obama's dangerous and naive foreign policy that only starts with being wrong on Iraq and the surge.

The judgment of both Obama and his sycophants at the Times is open to question.

read it all here.
http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=301619036253700

Yurt
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
first we had the top news anchors from the lib stations go with obama...and now this...let's hope the cat is finally out of the bag for those who don't believe the media is biased

midcan5
07-23-2008, 06:29 AM
John McCain is so far off the mark in Iraq, it is comical. He was wrong in the beginning he is wrong now. Let Iraq govern itself and end this illegal occupation of a sovereign nation.

His own words:

"But I believe, Katie, that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators." [NBC, 3/20/03]

"It’s clear that the end is very much in sight." [ABC, 4/9/03]

"There’s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they can probably get along." [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

"This is a mission accomplished. They know how much influence Saddam Hussein had on the Iraqi people, how much more difficult it made to get their cooperation." [This Week, ABC, 12/14/03]

"I’m confident we’re on the right course." [ABC News, 3/7/04]

"I think the initial phases of it were so spectacularly successful that it took us all by surprise." [CBS, 10/31/04]

"I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent." [The Hill, 12/8/05]

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/08/18/mccain-greatest-critic/