PDA

View Full Version : DNC Staff Gets Gas Tax Free In Denver

red states rule
07-23-2008, 10:55 AM
While Dems want to raise the gax tax on us, Dem staffers in Denver are filing up their cars TAX FREE

More hypocraisy from the folks that wrote the book, and keep adding to it

DNC hosts' fuel deal criticized
By Allison Sherry
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 07/23/2008 06:13:21 AM MDT

Since March, staffers working on the Democratic National Convention have been using the city of Denver's tax-free gas pumps to fill up their cars — and using its carwashes.

A dispute about this prompted city officials Tuesday to promise that the local host committee will reimburse the city at a market rate for gas — and pay state and federal taxes on the fuel.

It was never the intent of the city not to properly charge the Democrats for the fuel or its taxes, said Katherine Archuleta, mayoral liaison to the convention.

Some Denver City Council members became angry when Denver public-works employee Christine Downs told them Tuesday that the host committee will reimburse the city for the carwashes and tax-free fuel it is using for its fleet of vehicles.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9964441

glockmail
07-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Democrats love taxes, as long as they don't pay it themselves.

red states rule
07-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Democrats love taxes, as long as they don't pay it themselves.

Dems are so generous with other people money. They never grow tired from taking it from them and spending it - and they always want more

MtnBiker
07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
"The City of Denver and the Denver Host Committee informed us late this afternoon about this matter and told us that the Denver Host Committee will pay all applicable taxes and fees related to their fuel contract, as they should," the DNCC said in a statement Tuesday.

> (http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9964441)

Pretty much a non story.

red states rule
07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
> (http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9964441)

Pretty much a non story.

Later in the day, the camp of GOP presidential hopeful John McCain issued a statement saying that Sen. Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic nominee, was "for a gas-tax holiday — as long as it benefits him and his political party."

Seems they are paying up after they got caught

MtnBiker
07-23-2008, 06:20 PM

Assumption

It was never the intent of the city not to properly charge the Democrats for the fuel or its taxes, said Katherine Archuleta, mayoral liaison to the convention.

However Kartherine Archuleta could be a liar.

red states rule
07-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Assumption

The overall point is, Dems opposes a gas tax holiday for us, want to increase the current gas tax - yet they do not have their own people pay the tax

MtnBiker
07-23-2008, 06:26 PM
The overall point is, Dems opposes a gas tax holiday for us, want to increase the current gas tax - yet they do not have their own people pay the tax

It seems the arrangement is for the DNC to pay all of the appropriate taxes on gas. To believe otherwise is an assumption.

You may be making an attempt to the gas tax holiday in respect to Democrats, but in this situtation the point is diluted.

red states rule
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
It seems the arrangement is for the DNC to pay all of the appropriate taxes on gas. To believe otherwise is an assumption.

You may be making an attempt to the gas tax holiday in respect to Democrats, but in this situtation the point is diluted.

I refer you to the first line in the story

Since March, staffers working on the Democratic National Convention have been using the city of Denver's tax-free gas pumps to fill up their cars — and using its carwashes.

Once caught any politican will say it was always their intent to pay all taxes

MtnBiker
07-23-2008, 07:11 PM

Assumption

namvet
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
While Dems want to raise the gax tax on us, Dem staffers in Denver are filing up their cars TAX FREE

More hypocraisy from the folks that wrote the book, and keep adding to it

DNC hosts' fuel deal criticized
By Allison Sherry
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 07/23/2008 06:13:21 AM MDT

A dispute about this prompted city officials Tuesday to promise that the local host committee will reimburse the city at a market rate for gas — and pay state and federal taxes on the fuel.

Some Denver City Council members became angry when Denver public-works employee Christine Downs told them Tuesday that the host committee will reimburse the city for the carwashes and tax-free fuel it is using for its fleet of vehicles.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9964441

democraps can get away with murder. and im sure they have !!!!!!!!!

retiredman
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
when are you goiong to come shit on me, big tough namvet? or was that just an innocuous "cyber-shit"?:lol:

Yurt
07-23-2008, 08:25 PM
thats what we call begging for a beating

retiredman
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM

and cyber beatings leave cyber bruises, don't they counselor?

ouch!

:lol:

actsnoblemartin
07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
your private messeage quota is full, please clear some messages, so i can send my reply to you privately, I dont have much time, so please do this now

thank you

patriot

:salute:

and cyber beatings leave cyber bruises, don't they counselor?

ouch!

:lol:

actsnoblemartin
07-23-2008, 08:49 PM

in the 80's we called it cruising for a bruising

MtnBiker
07-23-2008, 08:55 PM
when are you goiong to come shit on me, big tough namvet? or was that just an innocuous "cyber-shit"?:lol:

What is the purpose of this post? It has nothing to do with the topic. If this is a carryover from another thread there is no reason to post it here.

hjmick
07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
in the 80's we called it cruising for a bruising

How old were you in the eighties? Like two? :lol:

stephanie
07-23-2008, 10:38 PM
What is the purpose of this post? It has nothing to do with the topic. If this is a carryover from another thread there is no reason to post it here.

I think it's called, seeking attention..sheeeesh

red states rule
07-24-2008, 05:37 AM

To flame and avoid the topic of the thread?

red states rule
07-24-2008, 05:39 AM
democraps can get away with murder. and im sure they have !!!!!!!!!

Double standards and hypocrisy and the standards by which most Dems live by

Monkeybone
07-24-2008, 08:03 AM
How old were you in the eighties? Like two? :lol:
depends on the year. now i just say that i will punch you in the fucking throat. and then we all buy drinks and the problem goes away.:cheers2:

but to the article, just ppl taking advantage of it. if they pay it back no prob, if not, then it is wrong. and only saying sorry or pay back becasue they got caught.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 08:04 AM
depends on the year. now i just say that i will punch you in the fucking throat. and then we all buy drinks and the problem goes away.:cheers2:

but to the article, just ppl taking advantage of it. if they pay it back no prob, if not, then it is wrong. and only saying sorry or pay back becasue they got caught.

The point I was making, they are paying it only after getting caught
While at the same time, wanting to raise the gax tax on the rest of us