View Full Version : Stand up for victims of bullying and sexual harassment

Nate
07-23-2008, 11:55 PM
The story:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/147790

The defense fund:

http://brandonsdefense.com/

The skinny:

Lesbian vice-principal allowed a gay student who wore makeup, dresses and stilettos at school to sexually harass male classmates with impunity, and stopped concerned teachers from intervening. One young boy, Larry King, is gone forever after another, Brandon McInerney, finally snapped from the emotional trauma and abuse and now faces up to 51 years in prison.

actsnoblemartin
07-23-2008, 11:59 PM
excellent thread

darin
07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
I can't understand why an OBVIOUSLY mentally ill, abused kid wasn't loved enough to get treatment. I'm speaking of Larry.

hjmick
07-24-2008, 12:12 AM
You know, this happened in what amounts to my backyard and there has been hardly a word about the case in the local fish wrap.

Nate
07-24-2008, 12:16 AM
You know, this happened in what amounts to my backyard and there has been hardly a word about the case in the local fish wrap.

:pee: Ventura County Red Star

actsnoblemartin
07-24-2008, 12:17 AM
:pee: Ventura County Red Star

what is that?

can you give me the cliff notes version, its too late for me too be reading

hjmick
07-24-2008, 12:19 AM
That would be the one, my brother.

hjmick
07-24-2008, 12:21 AM
what is that?

can you give me the cliff notes version, its too late for me too be reading

It's what amounts to the local rag, Martin. The Ventura County Star.

Nate and I go back a ways.

Yurt
07-24-2008, 12:34 AM
i did not read the whole thing, but is there some proof he was shot solely for being gay?

hjmick
07-24-2008, 12:46 AM
i did not read the whole thing, but is there some proof he was shot solely for being gay?

As I understand it, he was shot because he had been chasing the boys, especially the shooter. The dead kid told one of his close friends that he and the shooter had dated but had broken up, shit like that.

darin
07-24-2008, 01:11 AM
As I understand it, he was shot because he had been chasing the boys, especially the shooter. The dead kid told one of his close friends that he and the shooter had dated but had broken up, shit like that.

Therefore it wasn't because 'the kid wanted to be a homosexual' - it was because he was an asshole to the wrong, likewise mentally unstable kid.

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 05:29 AM
What a mess of using kids to advance one's personal beliefs. I'd be furious of the vice principal being promoted to principal, without more information of how it was she was counseling this obese, gender confused child. The implication I drew from what some teachers said is that she may well have encouraged him to be aggressive with other boys.

Just like there is a tendency for some pedophiles to become teachers or hyper aggressives to enter police departments or seriously disturbed to become involved in psychology/psychiatry, there are teachers who seem attracted to the profession to 'change' their own past problems with school. The university 'schools' of these departments openly discuss and try to 'flag' the possibilities, yet at this level too, there are some professors that see this as cultural discrimination and fight against 'stereotypes'.

Middle school is usually a difficult time for kids. Hormones are out of whack and they are struggling with being inbetween adult and child. In homes where there is chaos or lack of parameters, it's worse. For these two boys, the school seemed to add to the problem, rather than providing the structure that may have helped. Really sad.

hjmick
07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Therefore it wasn't because 'the kid wanted to be a homosexual' - it was because he was an asshole to the wrong, likewise mentally unstable kid.

That about sums it up.

07-24-2008, 10:54 AM

NO! It was solely about him being gay. It's just like Obama being opposed only because he is black.

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
NO! It was solely about him being gay. It's just like Obama being opposed only because he is black.

Methinks you need a *sarcasm alert* on that post. :laugh2:

07-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Methinks you need a *sarcasm alert* on that post. :laugh2:

only a complete idiot would take my post seriously....

...waiting for someone to....

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 11:16 AM
only a complete idiot would take my post seriously....

...waiting for someone to....

It would have happened, but I just had to jump in. LOL! Call it my diversion from thinking.

theHawk
07-24-2008, 11:53 AM
The story:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/147790

The defense fund:

http://brandonsdefense.com/

The skinny:

Lesbian vice-principal allowed a gay student who wore makeup, dresses and stilettos at school to sexually harass male classmates with impunity, and stopped concerned teachers from intervening. One young boy, Larry King, is gone forever after another, Brandon McInerney, finally snapped from the emotional trauma and abuse and now faces up to 51 years in prison.

I attended E.O. Green Junior high, back then they never would had allowed a boy to dress up like a girl. Liberalism has its way though in California, and this is where it has led us. The state "hate-crime" law prevented the school from taking such logical action in barring the boy from dressing up like a freak at school. This lesbian assistant principal did nothing to stop the gay kid from being a bully and pushing the other kid until he snapped. So many people are so afraid to stand up to gays out of fear of being branded a "homophobe" thanks to these rediculous laws pushing the gay agenda.

Abbey Marie
07-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Look where awareness and political correctness have gotten us.

And this disease is everywhere. In a nearby district to us, a white boy was being bullied and harassed regularly for a year by a group of black boys.
The bullied boy's father complained to the principal and then the district about how school had become impossible for his son. The only solution they gave him was that he could transfer his son out of the school if he didn't like it. Nothing was done to stop the bullies. No hate crimes here.

The man has continued to go to school board meetings to protest the lack of action, his own version of "raising awareness". Now they have banned him from the meetings, saying the issue is disruptive.

(Fyi, he finally removed the boy from the district schools, and at a great expense, has him in private school now).

First the district failed completely to take responsibilty, and now they want to silence him.

Can you imagine what would have been done if the races were reversed here?

Hobbit
07-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Seriously, why does it take something of this scale for people to realize how BAD government schools really are? Yeah, it's horrible, but it doesn't surprise me in the least. I had something similar happen to me in school. I was practically molested by a walking muscle, pretty-boy asshole on the swim team bus for a good portion of the first year on my high school swim team, and the coach thought it was funny. One day, I snapped, and I don't know what would have happened if I had had a gun, but I just about killed him anyway. Fortunately for me, it was towards the end of the swim season and he got banned from the sport for the rest of the season for jumping off the 10 meter board at a swimming pool, and was banned for most of the next season as part of a deal that kept the school from being sued and kept him from being charged for mooning an entire team in the parking lot. The next year, I went to a different school, so I didn't have to put up with his bullcrap anymore. The main thing that kept me going is the fact that about half the girls on the team tried to defend me. The other half didn't approve of what he did, but they thought he was 'cute.' When I couldn't take it anymore, I kicked him in the balls, the only time I've ever done that to anybody. I was about to start beating him to a bloody pulp when my teammates pulled me away. In his usual style, the coach did nothing about it until I shouted him down in public over the fact that he actually left my new team swimsuit within reach of that hooligan long enough for him to smear Icy Hot on the inside of the crotch pad, after which he 'talked to' the guy. When the principal found out about this, he couldn't do much to the coach, who had been there for 10 years, but he suspended pretty-boy from school.

Seriously, the whole thing left me quite scarred, so much so that the next bully who just tried to intimidate me got his face smashed with a trash can lid. I pretty much became the terror of the bullies throughout that school, and wound up spring ready to snap at a moment's notice, but who was so scrawny that admitting you'd been hurt by me would bring shame. I even came close to breaking a lineman's nose against a car hood when he smeared my face with habenero oil (I'm damn lucky he missed my eyes), but he turned his head at the last second. His face swelled up and he never looked me in the eye again. Let's face it, there are only three types of people a government school successfully creates: bullies, psychos, and drones. Anybody who comes out of a government high school without one of those three qualities is an exceptional human being.

darin
07-24-2008, 04:15 PM
If you were a homo, Hobbit, you could have sued for Millions.

Hobbit
07-25-2008, 02:24 AM
If you were a homo, Hobbit, you could have sued for Millions.

It would never have stood up in court. No matter how many appeals I got, I would have had to have the case tried locally, and the guy's dad was too popular for me to have ever gotten an award out of a jury, even from the school. Also, my family would have had to skip town in the middle of the night. We're talking small town Arkansas here, where it doesn't matter what happened so much as it matters who you're friends with, and my dad was good friends with only the SECOND biggest dog on the block.

I swear, if I ever see that guy again, I don't know what I'll do, but it probably won't be pretty.