PDA

View Full Version : Politics With Our Economy

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 08:44 AM
The Democrats are playing a dangerous game here, for themselves and for the country:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121685595088379073.html?mod=opinion_main_review_ and_outlooks

Democrats Against Drilling
July 24, 2008

Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and other liberal leaders on Capitol Hill are gripped by cold-sweat terror. If they permit a vote on offshore drilling, they know they will lose when Blue Dogs and oil-patch Democrats defect to the GOP position of increasing domestic energy production. So the last failsafe is to shut down Congress.

Majority Leader Reid has decided that deliberation is too taxing for "the world's greatest deliberative body." This week he cut off serious energy amendments to his antispeculation bill. Then Senate Appropriations baron Robert Byrd abruptly canceled a bill markup planned for today where Republicans intended to press the issue. Mr. Byrd's counterpart in the House, David Obey, is enforcing a similar lockdown. Speaker Pelosi says she won't allow even a debate before Congress's August recess begins in eight days...

Gaffer
07-24-2008, 04:33 PM
The country will go into the toilet and the dems will skip happily away blaming Bush for everything then demand more power.

Silver
07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Dims will not allow ANYTHING to happen that might be perceived as good for the nation that Bush might get credit for....
like Obama would lose a war to get elected, Dims will let the nation suffer so they can blame Bush for whatever happens....

namvet
07-24-2008, 04:44 PM
and ANWR is sitting up there so full, its leaking oil out of the ground. and only 74 miles from the Alaska pipeline.

April15
07-24-2008, 04:54 PM
The Democrats are playing a dangerous game here, for themselves and for the country:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121685595088379073.html?mod=opinion_main_review_ and_outlooks
It is the right thing to do! And talking about a dangerous game you guys been backing bush, that is just plain stupid!

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 04:58 PM
It is the right thing to do! And talking about a dangerous game you guys been backing bush, that is just plain stupid!

So you think playing games with drilling is a good idea? You really are a jerk, wouldn't you agree? :laugh2:

April15
07-24-2008, 05:02 PM
So you think playing games with drilling is a good idea? You really are a jerk, wouldn't you agree? :laugh2:Not a jerk, just a person that understands the game. Drilling is the wrong answer for the problem.

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Not a jerk, just a person that understands the game. Drilling is the wrong answer for the problem.

You're wrong. Drilling is the right answer for today, while working on the answers for tomorrow.

April15
07-24-2008, 05:16 PM
You're wrong. Drilling is the right answer for today, while working on the answers for tomorrow.I believe that your position is wrong!

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I believe that your position is wrong!

And me, yours.

namvet
07-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Not a jerk, just a person that understands the game. Drilling is the wrong answer for the problem.

so you and the Nazi's agree its best to let people affected by this suffer. you worthless piece a shit.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
so you and the Nazi's agree its best to let people affected by this suffer. you worthless piece a shit.

April is like most libs. They want higher gas prices. they want people to suffer at the pump. They want people miserable

They are willing to make people lives miserable so they can push their agenda. If you want to see depressed libs, watch them when we do start drilling, getting more supply on the market, and gas prices fall

5stringJeff
07-24-2008, 05:46 PM
I believe that your position is wrong!

I believe that drilling is the short-term answer, but that alternative energies are the best long-term solution. What is your short-term answer for American energy needs?

red states rule
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
I believe that drilling is the short-term answer, but that alternative energies are the best long-term solution. What is your short-term answer for American energy needs?

Start everything NOW

Lets drill, go with nuclear, coal, solar, and wind

We have huge oil reserves sitting in the ground. Notice how the price of oil dropped when it became clear off shore drilling could be strating soon?

actsnoblemartin
07-24-2008, 05:50 PM
exactly!!

when will dems get it?

when?

Start everything NOW

Lets drill, go with nuclear, coal, solar, and wind

We have huge oil reserves sitting in the ground. Notice how the price of oil dropped when it became clear off shore drilling could be strating soon?

namvet
07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
April is like most libs. They want higher gas prices. they want people to suffer at the pump. They want people miserable

They are willing to make people lives miserable so they can push their agenda. If you want to see depressed libs, watch them when we do start drilling, getting more supply on the market, and gas prices fall

he's so fuckin stupid he sticks his head in the stool to take a shit !!!!!!!

namvet
07-24-2008, 05:55 PM
exactly!!

when will dems get it?

when?

with a 3rd grade education and a diploma from walmat NEVER !!!!!

red states rule
07-24-2008, 05:58 PM
with a 3rd grade education and a diploma from walmat NEVER !!!!!

Dems are willing to see millions spend more money at the pump if it means more Dems elected

Dems really do give a damn about people

Only power

namvet
07-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Dems are willing to see millions spend more money at the pump if it means more Dems elected

Dems really do give a damn about people

Only power

you have to be a real mean bastard to ignore the pain & suffering around you. including those that vote D. which BTY are now flamming the dems ass's. and their fucking around with being voted out in NOV. what a god send that will be !!!!!!!!
and lookie here what I found. dems against Osama petetion:

We, the Democrats of the USA, refuse to vote for Barack Obama, if he is the Democratic nominee for President of the United States, because of the mainstream medias' failure to make public the following failures and inconsistencies of Barack Obama.

link (link)

red states rule
07-24-2008, 06:29 PM
you have to be a real mean bastard to ignore the pain & suffering around you. including those that vote D. which BTY are now flamming the dems ass's. and their fucking around with being voted out in NOV. what a god send that will be !!!!!!!!
and lookie here what I found. dems against Osama petetion:

link (link)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2700033908_9298a7b015.jpg?v=0

April15
07-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I believe that drilling is the short-term answer, but that alternative energies are the best long-term solution. What is your short-term answer for American energy needs?I think you have the correct direction but the wrong oil fields. There are leases that haven't been explored in 40 years that can produce results more quickly than offshore or anwar.
Ford is making drastic changes by bringing it's Foreign cars to market here. Pickens has his wind turbines and coal is one thing we have in an abundance. Jet fuel and diesel fuel are direct extracts from coal.
In the short term use less fuel that is what I'm doing. I think we all know that the squeeze in on.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I think you have the correct direction but the wrong oil fields. There are leases that haven't been explored in 40 years that can produce results more quickly than offshore or anwar.
Ford is making drastic changes by bringing it's Foreign cars to market here. Pickens has his wind turbines and coal is one thing we have in an abundance. Jet fuel and diesel fuel are direct extracts from coal.
In the short term use less fuel that is what I'm doing. I think we all know that the squeeze in on.

We can get the new oil on the market pretty quickly. How long will we have to wait for your alternative energies? And what do we do in the meantime - keep paying ever increasing gas prices?

If we start drilling how many new jobs wil be created? How many new jobs with your alternative energies, and how long before those jobs are created?

April15
07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
We can get the new oil on the market pretty quickly. How long will we have to wait for your alternative energies? And what do we do in the meantime - keep paying ever increasing gas prices?

If we start drilling how many new jobs wil be created? How many new jobs with your alternative energies, and how long before those jobs are created?Depending on WHERE we do the drilling, yes. and Jobs will be nice.

namvet
07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2700033908_9298a7b015.jpg?v=0

one thing about Americans is they can always see right thru a phoney. and that's what they see here. another cheap democrat polished and shined. wonder what brand of car wax they use on his face????

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/144584_front200.jpg

namvet
07-24-2008, 07:02 PM

If we start drilling how many new jobs wil be created? How many new jobs with your alternative energies, and how long before those jobs are created?

http://www.anwr.org/flash.htm

red states rule
07-24-2008, 07:05 PM
one thing about Americans is they can always see right thru a phoney. and that's what they see here. another cheap democrat polished and shined. wonder what brand of car wax they use on his face????

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/144584_front200.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3100/2699288769_5bf7857aba.jpg?v=0

Hobbit
07-24-2008, 07:09 PM
I think you have the correct direction but the wrong oil fields. There are leases that haven't been explored in 40 years that can produce results more quickly than offshore or anwar.

All currently explorable leases have come up dry because there wasn't actually any oil down there. There IS oil in ANWR, offshore, and other places where our congress has forbidden it. With oil as high as it is right now, if there was ANYPLACE an American company could get oil right now, they'd be siphoning it out with their lips if they had to. More drilling must be opened up, but the Dems will block it at every turn because they think they can convince the American public it's for their own good, because global warming Abu Griab stolen election hope change, and they're probably right.

Ford is making drastic changes by bringing it's Foreign cars to market here.

And this makes drilling a bad idea how? Because fuel efficient cars might not sell as well?

Pickens has his wind turbines and coal is one thing we have in an abundance.

I'm all for coal power plants, but wind turbines, while good in many areas, are not very cost effective for most areas of the country. Also, both are vastly inferior to nuclear and none of the above three can fill my car.

Jet fuel and diesel fuel are direct extracts from coal.

Really? I know both of those are currently petroleum products, but if there's a way to get them from coal, I'm genuinely curious.

That's not an option for everybody. Unless diesel prices go down, the entire world is going to take a hit in the wallet for food. For some people who work in a city, gas would have to shoot up to $20 a gallon before moving close enough to walk or cycle to work would be even economical. I live 950 miles from my school, and while I'm on campus, I walk everywhere because parking is impossible, but how do you suggest I get home for the summer? Put all of my worldly possessions in storage and take a week long cycling trip? This is not Europe, where they cram 400 people into every square mile. Not everyone can walk everywhere they go. And what do you suggest the military do? You can't move 4 tons of hardened steel and ammunition on sunshine and farts. The economy needs fuel. The military needs fuel. People NEED fuel. In the short term, anything other than putting more gasoline and diesel on the market is a pipe dream.

namvet
07-24-2008, 07:14 PM
ANWR is 1 plus 1 and its done.