PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich to House GOP: Stay on Message

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Holy crap!!!!!!!! Do we really want to hear the GOP talking points? Even T. Boone Pickens says we can't drill our way out of this crisis!!!!!!! Newt needs to check with his doc on this one!!!!!!!!

Source: CQPolitics

Drill, drill, drill is the message Americans want to hear on energy and GOP candidates should stay on that message, former Speaker Newt Gingrich told House Republicans Wednesday.

The former Speaker was "complimentary," of the House Republican leadership, according to Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, R-Ga., who attended the closed-door meeting at the Capitol Hill Club.

"They've had a very good couple of weeks, the question is: can they keep building on that to the next three months -- but they've had consistent focus on energy -- energy feeds into the economy, those are key issues," Gingrich said following the meeting. He was speaking about recent efforts by House Republicans to highlight Democratic opposition to opening areas off the U.S. coast and in the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge to oil and gas drilling. Republicans have focused on increased domestic oil production as a means of reducing high gas prices.

His tone was a marked change from early May when he called on Republican rank and file to make drastic changes, including a "complete overhaul" of the National Republican Campaign Committee. A trail of special-election defeats this year has fed discontent with the NRCC, the bluntest of which came from Gingrich (1979-99), the former Speaker who helped win a Republican majority in 1994 for the first time in 40 years.

"It's time to face a stark choice," Gingrich wrote in the magazine Human Events, saying GOP lawmakers needed a new message by Memorial Day. "Without change, we could face a catastrophic election this fall."

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20080723/pl_cq_politics/politics2924349

Newt sure changes his mind a lot. Maybe he should refer to his "Contract On America" program!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
07-24-2008, 12:25 PM
What is your solution to the energy crisis we are in, psycho? Give us a detailed idea of what you, as President, would do. See if you can do this without the standard bullshit, nonsense, that you tend to throw out.:poke:

hjmick
07-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Drilling will not solve all of the problems we as a nation face when it comes to energy concerns. It will, however, help stem the hemorrhaging we are seeing in our personal finances due to inflated gas prices and it could buy us the time needed to find alternatives to our dependence on foreign oil. We have it, we can get it, let's do it.

PostmodernProphet
07-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Maybe he should refer to his "Contract On America" program!!!!!!!!!!

I agree....it gave us the first balanced budget and the only balanced budget in the last half of the 20th Century......

5stringJeff
07-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Drilling is the short-term solution, but it is certainly part of the solution. Nuclear power is the long-term electricity solution.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 01:18 PM
That was a Bill Clinton budget result, pmp, but you forgot all about that, didn't you?

I agree....it gave us the first balanced budget and the only balanced budget in the last half of the 20th Century......

Maybe it's time to go back to some Bill Clinton economic policies and review his encouragement on environmental and energy policy aspirations, no?

Sitarro
07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
That was a Bill Clinton budget result, pmp, but you forgot all about that, didn't you?

Maybe it's time to go back to some Bill Clinton economic policies and review his encouragement on environmental and energy policy aspirations, no?

Is that your solution?????? Pretty weak psycho.

07-24-2008, 02:14 PM

You want to go back to doing whatever the Republican Congress wants to do? If that's what you really want, alright.

PostmodernProphet
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM

ah, that explains why no attempt was made to balance the budget until AFTER the Republicans took control of Congress midway through his first term......the only "economic policy" that Clinton had was to increase taxes....

Mr. P
07-24-2008, 10:31 PM
I hear that in 1970 we imported 24% of our oil, now some 75%..I think..

DRILL!

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 11:07 PM
The same source you got that percentage from, T. Boone Pickens, says that we can't drill our way out of this crisis. I believe him even if he is one of the staunchest conservatives I have ever met!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear that in 1970 we imported 24% of our oil, now some 75%..I think..

DRILL!

He also says this is our crisis and we can solve it. It's really not a matter whether or not either of us believe we can, we simply must solve it!!!!!!!! This is truly a national emergency that all of us need to concentrate our best efforts behind and not allow the money baggers to get us into another crisis of only marginally different but equally significant consequenses. Dig it?