PDA

View Full Version : Obama plasters campaign signs on Judiasms holiest site

07-24-2008, 01:19 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=70454

How very respectful of the Obama Campaign. Do you Obamaites really think the US is going to look good in the eyes of the world if their President is desecrating Holy sites?

5stringJeff
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Are there a lot of American voters hanging out at the Wailing Wall these days?

07-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Are there a lot of American voters hanging out at the Wailing Wall these days?

I am not sure, but I know how Id feel if someone was putting up campaign posters on sites I consider Holy and above politics.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
The headline in the WND article states "Obama camp" but upon reading the article it is uncertain who put the posters up. The article also describes the posters as being placed outside the entrance to the wailing wall. Maybe this is just another handwringing exercise by the naysayers!!!!!!!!!!

07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
The headline in the WND article states "Obama camp" but upon reading the article it is uncertain who put the posters up. The article also describes the posters as being placed outside the entrance to the wailing wall. Maybe this is just another handwringing exercise by the naysayers!!!!!!!!!!

really? cause it sure sounds like you are the one trying to justify this.

hjmick
07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
The headline in the WND article states "Obama camp" but upon reading the article it is uncertain who put the posters up. The article also describes the posters as being placed outside the entrance to the wailing wall.

I'm confused, Psycho. How is it you are "uncertain who put the posters up?" The article clearly quotes a Jerusalem Police spokesman:

Jerusalem Police spokesman Mickey Rosenfeld confirmed to WND posters that adorned police barricades erected at the Western Wall plaza for Obama's visit were distributed by the presidential candidate's campaign.

"These posters were his campaign and not the doing of the police," said Rosenfeld, who's police department coordinated security and provided protection for Obama's visit today to the holy site.

Asked if it was traditional practice for politicians visiting the Western Wall to bring along posters or campaign materials, Rosenfeld replied, "No."

Where's the confusion or ambiguity?

Abbey Marie
07-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Actually, it's the most appropriate place for advertising the return of the Messiah.

theHawk
07-24-2008, 01:59 PM
It looks like not everyone is buying his bullshit!

Obama arrived at about 5 a.m. Jerusalem time. He wore a Jewish skullcap and placed a prayer in the wall he said had written. He bowed his head while a rabbi read a psalm calling for peace in the holy city.

According to media accounts, one worshipper repeatedly heckled Obama, chanting: "Obama, Jerusalem is not for sale" and "Jerusalem is our land."

Barry isn't just running for President of the United States, he is going to be the self appointed leader of the world. He is going to "remake" the world as he sees fit.

07-24-2008, 02:11 PM
It looks like not everyone is buying his bullshit!

Barry isn't just running for President of the United States, he is going to be the self appointed leader of the world. He is going to "remake" the world as he sees fit.

What's funny is this is exactly what they accuse President Bush of doing when he has never demonstrated any reason to do so.

07-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Actually, it's the most appropriate place for advertising the return of the Messiah.

Yeah, well, I know Jesus Christ. I've served Him. I've worked with Him. And Barack Obama is no Jesus Christ.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 02:14 PM

Next you will say Karl Rove did it to frame the messiah

retiredman
07-24-2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=70454

How very respectful of the Obama Campaign. Do you Obamaites really think the US is going to look good in the eyes of the world if their President is desecrating Holy sites?

posters on police baracades are NOT desecrating the Western Wall.

If his campaign stuck them to the Wall itself (along with the thousands of notes stuck onto and into the wall every day by observant Jews, btw) THAT would have been a desecration of a Holy site.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 02:22 PM

If his campaign stuck them to the Wall itself (along with the thousands of notes stuck onto and into the wall every day by observant Jews, btw) THAT would have been a desecration of a Holy site.

So he is running for President of Germany as well? Germans can vote in our election?

07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
So he is running for President of Germany as well? Germans can vote in our election?

What does that have to do with anything? I dont want you guys sidetracking this thread.

retiredman
07-24-2008, 02:24 PM

Germans?

who said anything about Germans? Do you KNOW where the Western Wall IS????

:laugh2:

red states rule
07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
What does that have to do with anything? I dont want you guys sidetracking this thread.

Why are his campaign signs up in Germany anyway - let alone at a Holy site?

retiredman
07-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Why are his campaign signs up in Germany anyway - let alone at a Holy site?

RED STATES RULE THINKS THAT THE WESTERN WALL IS A HOLY SITE IN GERMANY!!!!!! WHAT A MORON!!!!!!!!!

retiredman
07-24-2008, 03:44 PM
::::: crickets chirping:::::

:laugh2:

theHawk
07-24-2008, 04:00 PM
The Obama camp did bring campaign signs to Germany as well. But at the last minute decided not to use them, I guess it took them that long to figure out it was tasteless to do that while overseas. Something they didn't think of when they were in Israel.

retiredman
07-24-2008, 04:08 PM
The Obama camp did bring campaign signs to Germany as well. But at the last minute decided not to use them, I guess it took them that long to figure out it was tasteless to do that while overseas. Something they didn't think of when they were in Israel.

that does not change the fact that RSR thinks that the Western Wall is in Germany.

You can't cover up that fuck up, but you're quite the team player for trying!!!

theHawk
07-24-2008, 04:11 PM
that does not change the fact that RSR thinks that the Western Wall is in Germany.

You can't cover up that fuck up, but you're quite the team player for trying!!!

Obviously he got the two events confused. I guess you "one-upped" him in your silly game with him.

Care to address the issue of the thread now?

retiredman
07-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Obviously he got the two events confused. I guess you "one-upped" him in your silly game with him.

Care to address the issue of the thread now?

I refer you to post 12

and he may have the two events "confused", but he nonetheless thought that the western wall was a holy shrine in GERMANY.

5stringJeff
07-24-2008, 04:35 PM

Nonetheless, it was tasteless.

retiredman
07-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Nonetheless, it was tasteless.

but not desecrating a holy site.

that was my only point.

The Bare Knuckled Pundit
07-24-2008, 08:35 PM
How appropriate is it to post campaign banners at the most sacred site in Judaism; the Western Wall in the Old City of Jerusalem? Would the Vatican or the Great Mosque in Mecca be similarly appropriate locales in the eyes of the Obama campaign?

The intentions of the Obama campaign are transparent. They seek to create the impression of gravitas and a command of military and foreign affairs. This is fair enough and standard when a candidate has such a meager resume and limited experience as Senator Obama. Look for him to further bolster his gravitas and policy bona fides with his vice presidential pick.

Furthermore, enunciating the principals and proposals one will pursue once in office is a fundamental part of political campaigns. Voters should have a clear understanding of the positions of those who seek public office; particularly the highest office in the land.

However, to travel abroad and engage in what appears to be a series of combination campaign photo-ops and long term negotiation sessions borders dangerously on hubris, arrogance and irresponsibility. This says nothing of the flagrant politization of the holy ground of one the world's major monotheistic religions.

Not only is this highly distasteful, it is disrespectful and insulting. Though I am sure the average Obama staffer and supporter would be among the first to rage on about the separation of church and state, clearly they have no problem using holy sites and imagery as the backdrop for political posturing.

Though lost in the heady abandon and narrow focus of a presidential campaign, perhaps the Obama team should take a step back, if for only a brief moment. Beyond the cherished images and footage, serious consideration must be given to the future impact on politics and policy development by the Senator’s trip.

What does it say about the state of our electorate when our presidential candidates seek thousands of foreign supporters as the backdrop for their campaign and media events? Is the good Senator from Illinois running for President of the United States or Secretary General of the United Nations?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16172

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 10:58 PM
I've been worried about and wondering about the same thing since about 2000, bkp. How could any country elect a thrice failed businessman, an alcoholic cokehead, a genuine example of northeast elitism that considers himself far above the law, one that couldn't even show up for his very meager national guard drills and physicals, etc., etc., to the highest office in the land if not the world?

It seems most of my worries were well founded. The village idiot will go down in American history as the greatest military failure and the greatest domestic failure and the greatest insult to American international objectives and the greastest threat to global environmental objectives that this country could possibly produce!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't you like to drink a beer with him?

Sitarro
07-24-2008, 11:43 PM
I've been worried about and wondering about the same thing since about 2000, bkp. How could any country elect a thrice failed businessman, an alcoholic cokehead, a genuine example of northeast elitism that considers himself far above the law, one that couldn't even show up for his very meager national guard drills and physicals, etc., etc., to the highest office in the land if not the world?

It seems most of my worries were well founded. The village idiot will go down in American history as the greatest military failure and the greatest domestic failure and the greatest insult to American international objectives and the greastest threat to global environmental objectives that this country could possibly produce!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't you like to drink a beer with him?

I find it not all that suprising that the clown, you, who denigrates everyone on this board including those that agree with you, can come up with another truly stupid post like this one....... you must of had to stick your whole arm up your ass to pull this one out.

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Naw, zero. I just had to read a few of your posts to get in the mood and mindset that I thought you would enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!