PDA

View Full Version : Remake the world

07-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Ive been listening to Obama's speech in Germany. He is talking about how we need to remake the world. Id like to know what the heck he wants to remake.

I am also bothered about how he is going overseas to tell the Europeans that we are going to remake the world. As if something is wrong with them.

theHawk
07-24-2008, 01:50 PM
I caught Rush at lunchtime talking about this.

"How is he going to remake China?"

More importantly, how is he going to "remake" America?

The audacity and arrgoance of this man is unbelievable.

hjmick
07-24-2008, 01:52 PM
After this "remake the world" comment, I may rethink my position on that whole NWO topic...

07-24-2008, 02:09 PM
After this "remake the world" comment, I may rethink my position on that whole NWO topic...

And what's your current position?

What I also thought was amusing was his statement "Im not here as a Presidential candidate. Im here as a citizen of this great world" or something to that effect. It's just downright untrue. He is clearly there as a Presidential candidate. If he wasnt one, he wouldn't be there. No one would be paying attention to a damn thing he is saying.

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 02:11 PM

What I also thought was amusing was his statement "Im not here as a Presidential candidate. Im here as a citizen of this great world" or something to that effect. It's just downright untrue. He is clearly there as a Presidential candidate. If he wasnt one, he wouldn't be there. No one would be paying attention to a damn thing he is saying.

Nailed. I'd rep if I could.

hjmick
07-24-2008, 02:23 PM

From -Cp's thread Nwo? (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16194):

While I suppose it is possible that such an organization exists and is working to manipulate governments on a global scale, I guess I just don't have what it takes to buy into the idea without substantial evidence pointing to not only the group itself, but it's machinations as well.

I certainly do not believe that a "One World Government" will come about in our lifetime, but I can't help thinking that one day it will happen. I suppose this is because I watched too much Star Trek as a young man.

I agree. It is clearly a tour designed to help belie the the fears some fence sitters may have concerning his lack of foreign policy experience as well as his status as a relative neophyte in the world of national and global politics.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Obama said he was embarrassed Americans go to Europe and they do not speak the language

Why did Obama give his speech in English, and not in German?

-Cp
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Here's what he said Avatar:

"I come to Berlin as so many of my countrymen have come before, although tonight I speak to you not as a candidate for president, but as a citizen, a proud citizen of the United States and a fellow citizen of the world."

Also – what’s up w/ him playing the “race card” w/ this stupid-ass statement?

“….I know that I don’t look like the Americans who’ve previously spoken in this great city…”

Link to the full text of his speech:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07/24/raw-data-transcript-of-obamas-speech-in-berlin/

Abbey Marie
07-24-2008, 05:03 PM
I caught Rush at lunchtime talking about this.

"How is he going to remake China?"

More importantly, how is he going to "remake" America?

The audacity and arrgoance of this man is unbelievable.

No doubt his next book will be titled "The Audacity of Audacity"

Obama is audacious all right. He is straight up telling us and the world, that he places the U.S. on par with (or below) the rest of the world. How we could end up with a man like this as a candidate for the Oval Office is unbelievable. And very scary.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 05:07 PM
No doubt his next book will be titled "The Audacity of Audacity"

Obama is audacious all right. He is straight up telling us and the world, that he places the U.S. on par with (or below) the rest of the world. How we could end up with a man like this as a candidate for the Oval Office is unbelievable. And very scary.

You are close with the title Abbey

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/2694066908_bb54f374cb.jpg?v=0