PDA

View Full Version : Media Donations Favor Dems 100-1

red states rule
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
This offers more proof of the liberal media bias we have been enduring over the years

Putting Money Where Mouths Are: Media Donations Favor Dems 100-1
By WILLIAM TATE | Posted Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:20 PM PT

The New York Times' refusal to publish John McCain's rebuttal to Barack Obama's Iraq op-ed may be the most glaring example of liberal media bias this journalist has ever seen. But true proof of widespread media bias requires one to follow an old journalism maxim: Follow the money.

Even the Associated Press — no bastion of conservatism — has considered, at least superficially, the media's favoritism for Barack Obama. It's time to revisit media bias.

True to form, journalists are defending their bias by saying that one candidate, Obama, is more newsworthy than the other. In other words, there is no media bias. It is we, the hoi polloi, who reveal our bias by questioning the neutrality of these learned professionals in their ivory-towered newsrooms.

for the complete article

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=301702713742569

Silver
07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Think this will stop the fools from trying to convince us MSM is right leaning....
Liberals are so fuckin' pathetic....a balanced news article is right leaning to them....and far-left news is balanced....like PBS and the BBC....

red states rule
07-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Think this will stop the fools from trying to convince us MSM is right leaning....
Liberals are so fuckin' pathetic....a balanced news article is right leaning to them....and far-left news is balanced....like PBS and the BBC....

If you check the link you will see the reporters at Fox News gave ONLY to Dems

So much for Fox News being a right wing network

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 04:54 PM

Nothing will stop the employees of MSM, for the simple reason they truly believe they have the answers to what ails the country. Much like MFM, they are convinced they are correct, will not listen/contemplate that there may be other answers.

If they are wrong, which many believe, it will come to pass. However my concern is that the lack of media rationality leaves a huge hole, which worse media may be able to exploit. I've not seen it yet, doesn't mean the vacuum isn't there.

retiredman
07-24-2008, 04:55 PM
If you check the link you will see the reporters at Fox News gave ONLY to Dems

So much for Fox News being a right wing network

there is a difference between reporters and guys like Hannity and O"Reilly.

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 04:56 PM

Correct, there is a difference between news and opinion.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Nothing will stop the employees of MSM, for the simple reason they truly believe they have the answers to what ails the country. Much like MFM, they are convinced they are correct, will not listen/contemplate that there may be other answers.

If they are wrong, which many believe, it will come to pass. However my concern is that the lack of media rationality leaves a huge hole, which worse media may be able to exploit. I've not seen it yet, doesn't mean the vacuum isn't there.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/2693727587_387c3e5cd1_o.jpg

retiredman
07-24-2008, 05:04 PM

I listen and contemplate other answers all the time. Are you suggesting that you do not have the strength of your own convictions?

red states rule
07-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I listen and contemplate other answers all the time. Are you suggesting that you do not have the strength of your own convictions?

At least she has convictions. You shoud find some, and stick to them

Silver
07-24-2008, 05:05 PM

Is English a foreign language to you?
You gonna give us one or two personalities and try to make a case....?

Media Donations Favor Dems 100-1

You have no case...

Kathianne
07-24-2008, 05:07 PM

No. You haven't changed your mind since Farrah Fawcett was considered hot.

retiredman
07-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Is English a foreign language to you?
You gonna give us one or two personalities and try to make a case....?

You have no case...

I am pleased as punch that the members of the media are smart enough to support the democratic party.

If a doctor supports the democratic party, do you think he would operate on you differently?

why do you think that a news reporter - or a sportscaster or a weatherman - would do their jobs any differently? Do you really think that the story of the high speed chase or the fire at the library will be reported any differently by democratic reporters than by republican ones?

retiredman
07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
No. You haven't changed your mind since Farrah Fawcett was considered hot.

that's not true. I changed my mind on capital punishment...I changed my mind on abortion... I have changed my mind on many issues...but I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge them or even notice them... you're just in your hall monitor mode 24/7.

Silver

The only thing you might contemplate is you own turds.....:lol:

You defend the indefeasible....you defend Durban calling Gitmo guards nazies...
you defend Kerry calling our troops uneducated and stupid.....
and the list goes on....

your mind is so closed , I can't imagine you watching any other TV shows than Keith Obermann.....

red states rule
I am pleased as punch that the members of the media are smart enough to support the democratic party.

If a doctor supports the democratic party, do you think he would operate on you differently?

why do you think that a news reporter - or a sportscaster or a weatherman - would do their jobs any differently? Do you really think that the story of the high speed chase or the fire at the library will be reported any differently by democratic reporters than by republican ones?

Not when the reporters shape the news to fit their politcal agenda and personal beliefs.

It used to be reporters covered who, what, when, where, and why

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3179/2694072244_7bf5349462.jpg?v=0

Silver
07-24-2008, 05:16 PM

Of course left wing reporters report the news differently....you're just too far gone to see whats obvious to open minded people.....the koolade has saturated your tiny brain....

red states rule
07-24-2008, 05:22 PM

Of course left wing reporters report the news differently....you're just too far gone to see whats obvious to open minded people.....the koolade has saturated your tiny brain....

Chris Matthews: Obama's Berlin Speech Had 'Thrill Factor'
By Geoffrey Dickens (Bio | Archive)
July 24, 2008 - 17:19 ET

Barack Obama is still giving Chris Matthews thrills. On Thursday night's "Hardball," before throwing to an Obama clip, Matthews gave the following rave review, on his July 24 show, to the Illinois senator's speech in Germany:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: What, what do you make of this? Let's take another bite here because it was quite a speech. You have to judge for yourself but the speech had its thrill factor, certainly once again. Here he was.

Near the end of the program, looking over new battleground polls showing Obama with a lead, Matthews feared the "polls aren’t as accurate as we'd like to think they are."

BOB HERBERT, NEW YORK TIMES COLUMNIST: Obama should be 15 or 20 or a Democrat should be 15 or 20 percent ahead in the poll, at this stage of the race. And the second thing is I don't trust these polls. I think Obama's numbers are a little bit lower than the polls show and I think McCain's numbers are a little bit higher.

MATTHEWS: That's my fear too. And looking at it I think these polls aren't as accurate as we'd like to think they are.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2008/07/24/chris-matthews-obamas-berlin-speech-had-thrill-factor

red states rule
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM

For once you are correct. Hannity tell you upfront he is a conservative. O'Reily tells you upfront he is an independent

Reporters refuse to tell you upfront they are liberals

Hannity and O'Reillry are not reporters, and they tell you that upfront as well

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Would any of you forsaken republicans like to have some cheese with that whine? Seriously, dudes!!!!!!! The media is what it is!!!!!!!! Admittedly, I complain about it sometimes myself but for gawd's sake do you have to lie while you're choking back the crocodile tears?!?!?!???!????!??!

The only media that even attempts to remain objective anymore is independent media. The internet is also a good way to balance things out if you are good at discerning fact from fiction and are willing to look around and make even a marginal attempt to grow yourself rather than stifle the truth!!!!!!!

All msm is corporate owned, controlled and since the late 80's has been consistently reich wing. I had to listen to bullshit about Bill Clinton for all of the 8 very successful years of his Presidency. Did I whine about it? Yes!!!!

BTW, sharp cheddar goes very well with cheap whine!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
07-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Would any of you forsaken republicans like to have some cheese with that whine? Seriously, dudes!!!!!!! The media is what it is!!!!!!!! Admittedly, I complain about it sometimes myself but for gawd's sake do you have to lie while you're choking back the crocodile tears?!?!?!???!????!??!

The only media that even attempts to remain objective anymore is independent media. The internet is also a good way to balance things out if you are good at discerning fact from fiction and are willing to look around and make even a marginal attempt to grow yourself rather than stifle the truth!!!!!!!

All msm is corporate owned, controlled and since the late 80's has been consistently reich wing. I had to listen to bullshit about Bill Clinton for all of the 8 very successful years of his Presidency. Did I whine about it? Yes!!!!

BTW, sharp cheddar goes very well with cheap whine!!!!!!!!!!

So the only media bias you libs get pissed off over is the supposed bias at Fox News?

So the 49% in the Rasmussen poll who say the networks are bias to the messiah do not know what they are talking about?

retiredman
07-25-2008, 10:30 AM
So the only media bias you libs get pissed off over is the supposed bias at Fox News?

So the 49% in the Rasmussen poll who say the networks are bias to the messiah do not know what they are talking about?

so the media is in love with Obama. too bad for you guys! consider the alternative: a tired old man with tired old ideas. If you guys had been thinking, you would have nominated someone with a little more charisma if you were so worried about how the media was going to cover him!

red states rule
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
so the media is in love with Obama. too bad for you guys! consider the alternative: a tired old man with tired old ideas. If you guys had been thinking, you would have nominated someone with a little more charisma if you were so worried about how the media was going to cover him!

I knew liberal hacks like you would have no oproblem with the liberal bias and media love affair with your messiah

Yet, liberal hacks like you have attacked Fox news for a supposed bias

As usual, liberal arrogance may come back to haunt you. People are seeing the cheerleading going on, and they do not like it