PDA

View Full Version : Sent my baby to Finland today

Trigg
07-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Well, ok, he's not a baby (15)

We drove to Chicago today and put him on a non-stop flight to Sweden. I didn't want him to have to change planes and risk getting delayed on miss a flight. He looked scared when he left through the security check-point. I asked if I could walk him to the plane (hey they might have let me, never know unless you ask). They did let me stand with him until he went through the metal detector and we pointed him in the right direction.

The last hug was a long one and I of course got teary, no break down though, I was brave. He called as soon as he got to his gate and we called him about a half hour before the flight to remind him to listen for the boarding instructions.

He should get there around 2am our time and my sister is going to call to let us know he got there ok. I miss him already.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, ok, he's not a baby (15)

We drove to Chicago today and put him on a non-stop flight to Sweden. I didn't want him to have to change planes and risk getting delayed on miss a flight. He looked scared when he left through the security check-point. I asked if I could walk him to the plane (hey they might have let me, never know unless you ask). They did let me stand with him until he went through the metal detector and we pointed him in the right direction.

The last hug was a long one and I of course got teary, no break down though, I was brave. He called as soon as he got to his gate and we called him about a half hour before the flight to remind him to listen for the boarding instructions.

He should get there around 2am our time and my sister is going to call to let us know he got there ok. I miss him already.

I hope he has a safe and enjoyable trip Trigg

Trigg
07-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I hope he has a safe and enjoyable trip Trigg

Thanks!!

He's there for 2 weeks visiting my sister and her twins.

red states rule
07-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks!!

He's there for 2 weeks visiting my sister and her twins.

Hope he gets some good pics and you post them

Trigg
07-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Received a call from my sister today. She picked him up at the airport and they were on their way to the ferry for the rest of the trip.

He told me he didn't get much sleep, those seats are really to small to get comfortable.

Trigg
07-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Got an e-mail from my son today. He didn't get any sleep on the plane and then had a 1 1/2 hour drive to the ferry and almost a 2 hour ferry ride. From his e-mail I think he's a little slap happy.

For more than a minute I have wandered the strange far off lands of this household, many strange things started to happen;
first I felt that I was in a TV show that had no subtitles for me to understand! After that I felt as if I was being chased by tigers,
yet more began to happen,
a brain freeze suddenly happened after I had this strange yet delicious icy treat.

This has been the diary of the lost wanderer in search of life from this strange planet, calling for help in some galaxy somewhere.

I imagine the tigers are his 3yr old cousins :laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 05:17 AM
Got an e-mail from my son today. He didn't get any sleep on the plane and then had a 1 1/2 hour drive to the ferry and almost a 2 hour ferry ride. From his e-mail I think he's a little slap happy.

I imagine the tigers are his 3yr old cousins :laugh2::laugh2:

Pretty colorful writing from a 15 year old! Good job!

Trigg
08-02-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't know many people who've gone skiing in the Baltic Sea, I'm sure it's cold though.

My son went skiiing for the first time and although he wasn't able to get up he says he had a great time trying.

My other kids are really missing him and we're looking forward to getting him home on Wed. They're taking the ferry to Sweden on Tues and spending the night since he has an early flight in the morning. She says she's thought about keeping him and enrolling him in school.

I think the only thing he hasn't enjoyed about the trip is having to wear speedos at the public pools. It's either that or jammers (the ones the pros wear). Every one wears them there anyway, so they don't allow the loose ones that are worn here.

Trigg
08-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Just got back from Chicago. Have I mentioned before how much I hate driving through that city??? Well, just in case, I HATE DRIVING THROUGH THAT CITY!!!!!

Although, to be fair, it was better than last time.

Pick up my world traveler. He had a great time and is slap happy from the time change. His brothers were thrilled to get him back, especially since he brought them treats and presents :laugh2:. Our daugher made the trip with us and was the first to get a hug, my oldest is such a softy.

Kathianne
08-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Just got back from Chicago. Have I mentioned before how much I hate driving through that city??? Well, just in case, I HATE DRIVING THROUGH THAT CITY!!!!!

Although, to be fair, it was better than last time.

Pick up my world traveler. He had a great time and is slap happy from the time change. His brothers were thrilled to get him back, especially since he brought them treats and presents :laugh2:. Our daugher made the trip with us and was the first to get a hug, my oldest is such a softy.

I bet they are going, "Me next?" What a great opportunity for him! He sounds like a great kid.

Trigg
08-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I bet they are going, "Me next?" What a great opportunity for him! He sounds like a great kid.

My sister joked that she was going to enroll him in school so she could keep him :laugh2:. There would have been a revolt here though, his brothers were on the computer with him almost every day.

My daughter is already planning her trip in a few years. :laugh2:

Trigg
08-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I am really late getting my sons pictures printed. Here are a few of his better ones.

The last picture is my son skiing on the Baltic. Now how many can say they have done that??

The first is the highest point on the island (Aland), the islands stretch out from Finland to Sweden, most are uninhabited.

The castle has tours, mainly the outer walls are ruins the main part of the castle is intact and has tours.

It's a beautiful place, but cold and dark during the winter.

AFbombloader
08-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I am really late getting my sons pictures printed. Here are a few of his better ones.

The last picture is my son skiing on the Baltic. Now how many can say they have done that??

The first is the highest point on the island (Aland), the islands stretch out from Finland to Sweden, most are uninhabited.

The castle has tours, mainly the outer walls are ruins the main part of the castle is intact and has tours.

It's a beautiful place, but cold and dark during the winter.

Great pics. Tell Justin hello from me.