PDA

View Full Version : Young Republicans Worry About McCain's Appeal

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
They think the photo op in front of the barber shop with the spiraling red and white stripes is just not relevant anymore!!!!!!!! How dare them!!!!!!!!!

Source: CNN

From cyberspace to college campuses, many young conservatives are worried that Sen. John McCain is not appealing to their generation.

Sen. John McCain says he knows how important young voters are.

At a town hall meeting in Ohio this month, a student told McCain that Republicans were a dying breed on his campus.

"I understand the challenge I have, and I understand that this election is really all about the people of your generation," McCain said.

Many young Republicans said Sen. Barack Obama, the 46-year-old junior senator from Illinois, is inspiring voters their age, but McCain, the 71-year-old Arizona senator who has been in office since the early '80s, is not.

Eric Pearlmutter, a member of the Young Republicans at the University of Southern California, said the roaring enthusiasm that follows Obama is missing among conservatives his age..............

More: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/24/young.gop/index.html

Maybe they have a point. Or maybe they're following the example of their parents and just whining about nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
07-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Is this suppose to be a surprise? Dumb and young are easily impressed with such crap as beer, rap, sideways hats, baggy pants around the knees, huffing, Obama,etc.

They are young and inexperienced in life, of course they will be attracted to a young and inexperienced politician......... the big question is why adults would get sucked into the hype that is Obama? There is only one explanation, Obama is the Anti-Christ. My avatar was done with a knew plugin for Photoshop that allows one to see the inner self of a person by using it on a photo of that person...... amazing isn't it?

Psychoblues
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
I don't think so, zero. Did you read the article? I think they were more concerned with the barber pole, don't cha know? They are young republicans after all. Don't they get their locks done in the style shops and cocaine boutiques?

5stringJeff
07-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Having been a YR for a few years, I've got to say that, as an organization, the YRs don't really do anything constructive for the party, other than providing manpower for GOTV (Get Out The Vote) work. And stating that John McCain is unexciting is like saying that the ocean is wet.

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Having voted for one Richard Nixon in 1968 and as a very young Airman with familial interests in American defense, I can sympathise with you, jeffie.

Having been a YR for a few years, I've got to say that, as an organization, the YRs don't really do anything constructive for the party, other than providing manpower for GOTV (Get Out The Vote) work. And stating that John McCain is unexciting is like saying that the ocean is wet.

There weren't many of us back then. Where have all the flowers gone?

stephanie
07-28-2008, 07:32 AM
I read yesterday that "CNN AGAIN" faked this person to be a Republican and had to post a retraction about it..

I'm looking for the story now..

Cnn-the communist news network is not to be trusted......EVER.

07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
there are alot of youth who cant tell the difference between substance and style yet... heck some older people cant. most of the older ones are called Democrats though

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
:lol: