PDA

View Full Version : Slip Sliding Down That Slope

Sitarro
07-24-2008, 11:03 PM
This ought to perk up that bi-curiosity in your young daughters. Yea, I know, it's just a song.......... the most popular songs on the charts! And yea, it's a catchy song and Katy Perry is just a bit hot!!! But still......

From Wikipedia...........
"I Kissed a Girl" debuted at number 76 at Billboard Hot 100. After a couple of weeks, the single hit the top 5, due to the rising digital downloads and increasing radio airplay. It continued to rise the next week, reaching #2 just behind her labelmate, Coldplay. The following week, the song reached the summit of the US chart, becoming the 1000th #1 song of the rock era (the 961st #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

In addition the song also gave the Capitol label two consecutive Hot 100 #1's, as the week's prior #1 was fellow Capitol artist Coldplay's "Viva la Vida", making it the first time since 1976 Capitol has had two back to back chart toppers on the Hot 100. The single sold 1,193,000 downloads to date.

The single also crossed over to Billboard's sister publication R&R's Rhythmic chart in its July 5 issue, where not only did she have the highest debut ever for a non-rhythmic track, entering at number 26 with 1,065 spins, she also had the highest debut from a new artist in over five years. The bow is the best for a debut track at Rhythmic since Beyonce entered at No. 21 with "Crazy In Love" in 2003. It also became the first song since Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" to simultaneously appear on the Mainstream Top 40, Rhythmic, Adult Top 40 and Alternative charts.

On July 26, 2008, the track also made history by reaching the number one spot on Billboard's Hot Dance Airplay chart by three weeks, a first for a solo act with a debut single.

In Canada, the single debuted at #55 at Canadian Hot 100. On June 12th the song soared to #1, jumping 26 spots from #27 position.

In New Zealand, the song debuted at #38, the single's first appearance in other countries chart outside North America, moving to number three the following week. The song has so far reached a peak of #2.

In Australia, the song debuted at #11 on the 30th of June on downloads alone then the next week jumped to second position behind Jordin Sparks, still on downloads alone. The next week it jumped to number one still on downloads alone becoming only the second single to be at number one on downloads alone. The other was Don't Stop the Music by Rihanna. In it's first week of physical single release it has certified Gold[24].
The single debuted at #18 on the United World Chart, having so far peaked at #4.

Katy's record label have confirmed that I Kissed A Girl will be physically released in the UK on September 1st. The song was performed on So You Think You Can Dance on July 10, 2008.
Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl has hit the number one spot in Australia, knocking off Jordin Sparks' No Air. I Kissed A Girl had only entered 2 weeks before at number 13, before moving up to number 2. It has also entered charts in Brazil and New Zealand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAp9BKosZXs&feature=related

The ClayTaurus
07-29-2008, 02:12 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKHysOO1Mes&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKHysOO1Mes&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sitarro
07-29-2008, 04:19 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKHysOO1Mes&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKHysOO1Mes&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: She is very good looking and really knows how to play to a camera but a bit strange....... have you seen her interviews?

dan
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
There was a great song called "I Kissed a Girl" by Jill Sobule that came out in like '95, it irritates me that people think I'm talking about this one whenever I bring it up (which isn't that often).

The ClayTaurus
07-29-2008, 02:04 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: She is very good looking and really knows how to play to a camera but a bit strange....... have you seen her interviews?Nope, though she does seem a bit eccentric. I don't think she's attractive at all in the above video. In others I've seen, much more so.

I think on average, she's nothing stunning, and factor in that she's probably fucking crazy... I'll pass.

Sitarro
07-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Nope, though she does seem a bit eccentric. I don't think she's attractive at all in the above video. In others I've seen, much more so.

I think on average, she's nothing stunning, and factor in that she's probably fucking crazy... I'll pass.

What would an example of "very good looking", look like?

That kid in your avatar is very disturbing....... he looks like a little old man or Verne Troyer.:laugh2: