PDA

View Full Version : Obama doesn't impress the British press

Trigg
07-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Gotta hand it to the author, this is original.:laugh2:

And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.

The Child was blessed in looks and intellect. Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant. And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.

When he was twelve years old, they found him in the temple in the City of Chicago, arguing the finer points of community organisation with the Prophet Jeremiah and the Elders. And the Elders were astonished at what they heard and said among themselves: “Verily, who is this Child that he opens our hearts and minds to the audacity of hope?”

In the great Battles of Caucus and Primary he smote the conniving Hillary, wife of the deposed King Bill the Priapic and their barbarian hordes of Working Class Whites.

And so it was, in the fullness of time, before the harvest month of the appointed year, the Child ventured forth - for the first time - to bring the light unto all the world

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

diuretic
07-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Murdoch rag.

The British press is very diverse, unlike the US press.

Try the Observer, the Guardian, the Independent. If they shitcan Obama I'll read.

Trigg
07-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Murdoch rag.

The British press is very diverse, unlike the US press.

Try the Observer, the Guardian, the Independent. If they shitcan Obama I'll read.

Well your right about the US press you have the liberals and then Fox News.

I thought the article was originally written, enjoyed the sarcasm.:clap:

diuretic
07-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Well your right about the US press you have the liberals and then Fox News.

I thought the article was originally written, enjoyed the sarcasm.:clap:

Hah US press liberal, you really need to read more widely. The US press is so right wing it's ridiculous. They're owned by your biggest corporations. Why do you think you're continually snowed? Fox is a joke. Even Murdoch acknowledges it's just to suck in mug money through advertising. Haven't you worked out that Murdoch is a modern PT Barnum? He sets up Fox because he sees the business potential. Totally apolitical but always with an eye on how to make more money. Have you worked out why his tv ventures have lost money elsewhere?

Trigg
07-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Hah US press liberal, you really need to read more widely. The US press is so right wing it's ridiculous. They're owned by your biggest corporations. Why do you think you're continually snowed? Fox is a joke. Even Murdoch acknowledges it's just to suck in mug money through advertising. Haven't you worked out that Murdoch is a modern PT Barnum? He sets up Fox because he sees the business potential. Totally apolitical but always with an eye on how to make more money. Have you worked out why his tv ventures have lost money elsewhere?

I don't have time to go back and forth with you on this, gotta go to work.

You don't live here so here are a few news shows to watch. MSNBC is so liberal it's sickening, Keith Olberman hates everything conservative with a passion. The rest of the "news shows" on NBC and CBS are nothing but bad press for conservatives and raves and backslaps for libs. Our written press isn't much better what with the Times and the New Yorker continually fawning all over the democrates.

You might think they're right wing compaired to your news, but they arn't over here.

Trigg
07-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Haven't you worked out that Murdoch is a modern PT Barnum? He sets up Fox because he sees the business potential. Totally apolitical but always with an eye on how to make more money. Have you worked out why his tv ventures have lost money elsewhere?

I don't know who Murdoch is. Thought the piece was a good bit of sarcasm.

Grow a sense of humor.

diuretic
07-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Okay.

Sorry you took it personally. It wasnt't meant to be received that way.

red states rule
07-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Gotta hand it to the author, this is original.:laugh2:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

As I listened to this speech, the messiah sounded like a space alien who just came out of his ship to address the primative peasents of the planet

Only a lib would go overseas and talk down his own country

red states rule
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
I wionder how the Obama supporters will take this? When a left wing paper does is not impressed with the messiah, there must be something they see that his supporters do not

namvet
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
sounds demonic to me

5stringJeff
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Merged duplicate threads.

07-25-2008, 12:11 PM

Grow a sense of humor.

Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire tyrant, is the owner of Fox.

Trigg
07-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire tyrant, is the owner of Fox.

Ahh well that explains why diuretic doesn't like him.

Still doesn't change the fact that the rest of the MSM is very liberal.

Little-Acorn
07-25-2008, 05:49 PM

I've noticed that whenever disgruntled leftists try to argue against the U.S. media being liberally-biased, they point to everything EXCEPT what the media says, prints, and shows in their pages.
:lame2:
Because they know that examining what the media actually says, or often doesn't say, will prove they ARE highly liberal.

diuretic
07-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Ahh well that explains why diuretic doesn't like him.

Still doesn't change the fact that the rest of the MSM is very liberal.

That isn't the reason I don't like him. Now, any other conclusions you feel like jumping to?

diuretic
07-25-2008, 10:57 PM
I've noticed that whenever disgruntled leftists try to argue against the U.S. media being liberally-biased, they point to everything EXCEPT what the media says, prints, and shows in their pages.
Because they know that examining what the media actually says, or often doesn't say, will prove they ARE highly liberal.

I've noticed you keep missing the point. :fu:

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 05:09 AM

So the news media of non-US countries are not-for-profit? If you haven't noticed, most major newspaper chains in the US are working at a loss today. There are reasons for that, none of which goes to good business sense.

diuretic
07-26-2008, 07:57 AM
So the news media of non-US countries are not-for-profit? If you haven't noticed, most major newspaper chains in the US are working at a loss today. There are reasons for that, none of which goes to good business sense.

I can't speak for everywhere else. One of the electronic media outlets here is funded by the taxpayer, the rest are for profit. I consume all of them with the same critical frame of mind, regardless of origin.

I was interested to read a number of years ago that the big money for a newspaper (here at least) was in the classifieds. From memory it was the Sydney Morning Herald that was being discussed. Perhaps Ebay has something to do with the losses?

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 10:47 AM
I can't speak for everywhere else. One of the electronic media outlets here is funded by the taxpayer, the rest are for profit. I consume all of them with the same critical frame of mind, regardless of origin.

I was interested to read a number of years ago that the big money for a newspaper (here at least) was in the classifieds. From memory it was the Sydney Morning Herald that was being discussed. Perhaps Ebay has something to do with the losses?

When there are better sources for gaining information, the ads follow the readers. That's what is happening here.

diuretic
07-27-2008, 03:51 AM
When there are better sources for gaining information, the ads follow the readers. That's what is happening here.

Yes, good point indeed.

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Any reich winger without knowledge of who Rupert Murdoch is is inexcuseable in my book!!!!!!!! Now, what's the meaning of "is"?

Grow a sense of humor.

Never mind. I don't think you can possibly get it at all.

Trigg
07-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Any reich winger without knowledge of who Rupert Murdoch is is inexcuseable in my book!!!!!!!! Now, what's the meaning of "is"?

Never mind. I don't think you can possibly get it at all.

Wow, sorry I aint smart like you is.