PDA

View Full Version : Public Re-traction

actsnoblemartin
07-25-2008, 12:43 PM
I was wrong to claim that democrats and liberals have no morals,

#1 it is not true, liberals are as american as conservatives, and though i may not agree with some ideas, I do NOT have the right to de-mean the character simply because they dis-agree with me. Their are no excuses for acting like a putz, and I hope the democrats on the board accept my apology.

#2 while i may disagree, with democrats or liberals on the board on certain ideas, it doesnt give me the right to insult them in any way, or to give in to temper tantrums.

I take responsibility for this, and will try to act like an adult

I apoligyze for hurting anyone's feelings in the process

It takes courage to examine one's words and action, and apply meaningful change, if neccesary rather then just spew hate, and insults without thinking, and i will try not to continue to be more and more of a friendly dignified person

so to my democratic friends, thanks for challenging me, and letting me know when i step over the line, so i can step back, and challenge my conservative friends, to step back as well

retiredman
07-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I applaud your candor and your contrition. I hope it lasts.

actsnoblemartin
07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Thank You Sir, and you have my word it will.

07-25-2008, 05:12 PM
its never been that they have no morals. Its that theyve had the wrong ones.

crin63
07-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
mor·al Audio Help /ˈmɔrəl, ˈmɒr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mawr-uhl, mor-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
2. expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
4. capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
5. conforming to the rules of right conduct (opposed to immoral): a moral man.
6. virtuous in sexual matters; chaste.
7. of, pertaining to, or acting on the mind, feelings, will, or character: moral support.
8. resting upon convincing grounds of probability; virtual: a moral certainty.
–noun
9. the moral teaching or practical lesson contained in a fable, tale, experience, etc.
10. the embodiment or type of something.
11. morals, principles or habits with respect to right or wrong conduct.
[Origin: 1300–50; ME < L mōrālis, equiv. to mōr- (s. of mōs) usage, custom + -ālis -al1]

—Related forms
mor·al·less, adjective

—Synonyms 5. upright, honest, straightforward, open, virtuous, honorable. 11. integrity, standards, morality. Morals, ethics refer to rules and standards of conduct and practice. Morals refers to generally accepted customs of conduct and right living in a society, and to the individual's practice in relation to these: the morals of our civilization. Ethics now implies high standards of honest and honorable dealing, and of methods used, esp. in the professions or in business: ethics of the medical profession.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

I'm still looking for a definition that fits Liberals. Well maybe number 9 under fables and tales.

Trigg
07-25-2008, 07:29 PM

See people on this sight do apologize :salute:

On a side note, of course democrates have morals. My sister, grandparents and in-laws are dems and they are wonderful people. This doesn't stop me from trying to change their political views however. :laugh2:

-Cp
07-25-2008, 07:44 PM
See people on this sight to apologize :salute:

On a side note, of course democrates have morals. My sister, grandparents and in-laws are dems and they are wonderful people. This doesn't stop me from trying to change their political views however. :laugh2:

Uhh.... there's a difference between being a true democrat and being a liberal...

retiredman
07-25-2008, 09:23 PM
See people on this sight do apologize :salute:

why thank you. I also know many wonderful republicans.... my wife and I just got back from having dinner with a couple of them... and I don't even bother to try to change their views. We just enjoy them as friends and don't bother to talk politics.

Said1
07-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Uhh.... there's a difference between being a true democrat and being a liberal...

While that may be true, it's also true that every time I read one of your posts, I throw up in my mouth.......a little. Weird.

eighballsidepocket
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Oh so true! My father was a Roosevelt/Truman Democrat. That would make him a Republican nowadays if he were alive to vote.

Actually, even as a staunch union man, my father started voting Republican in his later years.

He never abandoned his party. His party abandoned him.