PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck on Obama's Speech

-Cp
07-25-2008, 01:10 PM
July 25, 2008 - 12:44 ET

BARACK OBAMA BERLIN SPEECH: 'A WORLD THAT STANDS AS ONE'
Glenn: All right. Gang, yesterday I had a guy say, Glenn, all my friends are saying why do you keep saying he's like the Messiah, that he is starting to be, you know, some sort of a Fascist leader, that that's what he's setting himself up for you. I'm going to give you a couple of things that this is the meat of the Obama speech that nobody in the media cares to focus on. They're immediately moving now to Paris and then to London. Won't it be great? Here we go. We just heard in his speech partnership and cooperation among nations is not a choice; it is the only way, the one way. Okay? Cooperation and partnership among nations is not a choice. Okay. Cut 13, please. Listen carefully.

Obama: True partnership and true progress requires constant work and sustained sacrifice. They require sharing the burdens of development and diplomacy, of peace and progress. They require allies who will listen to each other, learn from each other, and most of all, trust each other.

Glenn: Okay. True partnership requires true progress with constant work and sustained sacrifice. Cut 14.

Obama: That is why America cannot turn inward. That is why Europe cannot turn inward. America has no better partner than Europe. Now (Crowd cheering.) Now is the time to build new bridges across the globe as the one that binds us across the Atlantic.

Glenn: Stop just a second. Stop there. Stop there. Now is the time to build new bridges across the globe as strong as the one that bound us or binds us across the Atlantic. Where do these new bridges go? Where do they go? He's talking about building new bridges. He's recognizing that we already have a bridge that is strong, that binds us together, America and Europe. Where do the new bridges go? One that would require us to listen to each other, learn from each other, and trust each other? Do they go to the Middle East? Do they go to Iran? Do they go to Russia? Do they go to China? Where are these bridges? Why is no one asking this question? Pick it up there, please.

Obama: Now is the time to join together through constant cooperation and strong institutions and shared sacrifice and a global commitment to progress to meet the challenges of the 21st century.

Glenn: Okay. Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop. Now is the time to join together through constant cooperation, through strong institutions, and shared sacrifice and a global commitment to progress to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Remember, one line, one line is about Islamic extremism, followed immediately by those driving cars in Boston, melting the polar ice caps. Join together through constant cooperation, strong institutions, and shared sacrifice and a global commitment to progress. What are those global institutions, those strong institutions? What does it mean, shared sacrifice? Cut 15, please.

Obama: This is the moment when we must renew the goal of a world without nuclear weapons. (Crowd cheering.) The two super powers that faced each other across the wall of this city came too close too often to destroying all we have built and all that we love.

Glenn: Stop. The two super powers that faced each other across this wall came too close to often to destroying all that we have built and all that we have loved. The two super powers. By the way, it was in the end the super power and the leader that was strong enough to stand up and say, Mr. Gorbachev, tear down these walls. It was one leader that stood up in the face of adversity. Remember, the last time Ronald Reagan gave a speech in Berlin, he had to have 10,000 riot police because what he was saying was we will not back down from freedom. We will not coexist with evil. Some want to enslave and some want to free. We are on the side of freedom and we will not share the sacrifice with everyone. We are willing to sacrifice ourselves in defense of liberty and freedom. It was a man who was the most unpopular on the planet because he had the balls to stand up and say, you know what? They're building nuclear weapons. We're going to build a weapon that will shoot those weapons out of the sky and everyone said he's escalating. He's going to get us all killed, as Barack Obama says the two super powers that faced each other across the wall of the city, came too close too often to destroying all that we built and all that we love. One of those super powers saved everything that you love. Cut 16.

Obama: This is the moment when we must build on the wealth that opened markets have created and

Glenn: Stop, stop. This is not the script. He bungled this line. It's important that you understand the script. The script is this is the moment when we must build on the wealth that open marks have created, not the wealth that opened markets, but we must build on the wealth that open markets have created. Start it again, please.

Obama: This is the moment when we must build on wealth that opens markets have created and share its benefits more equitably.

Glenn: Stop. We just build on the wealth that open markets have created and share its benefits more equitably. You don't need ‑‑ if I'm sitting next to a very creative person, that's like me, I've always wanted to ‑‑ I've always wanted to be able to write music. I can't write music. I can meet with composers and I can say, you know, I want it to feel like this, I want it to do this, but I cannot write music. Should John Williams share his creativity with me? Should he ‑‑ he's got a wealth of strong writing ability. Should I force him to share that song writing ability more equitably? That's his gift. He chooses to use it. I have met people with gifts of music, with gifts of business, with gifts of comedic talent, acting talent, business talent that don't use it. It's their loss. Shared prosperity, sharing the benefits more equitably. It goes against everything that America stood for. What we share is an idea and we want that idea to spread and, that is, man is free, man is free to create, man is free to do as he sees fit. That is the only thing that we should be sharing more equitably. We should be sharing it to every corner of the globe. We should be sharing it with everyone who will listen and if you don't listen, that's fine. You don't want freedom, that's fine. If your people want freedom, we stand with your people. If your people decide they don't want freedom, they're happy living under totalitarianism state, they're happy handing their power back over to a totalitarian guilt of the like they do in Russia, that's fine, but not here and we'll continue to share that wealth of that idea that you can be successful, you can be happy, you can be rich, you can be poor, you can have all of the benefits because there is no end to wealth, there is no end to happiness. It is an infinite idea. It's a never ending idea. It is as vast as the oceans and far beyond. Why should I share the oceans more equitably? There's enough water in there for all of us. Stop diminishing the size. Stop telling me that the ocean is a pond. It's not. Get into the water. It's fine. You might need directions to the beach, but I ain't putting a fence around that beach just for you. I'm not telling people who have been on that beach and use that beach and get into that water and swim and boat and water‑ski and turn it into energy, I'm not telling those people, no, no, no you can't because someday these people may need that water brought to them because they can't go to the beach, they don't believe in the beach, they just want all the benefits of the beach. The only thing we share is an idea and a love of freedom.

Find this article at:
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/12943/?ck=1

Joe Steel
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
July 25, 2008 - 12:44 ET

BARACK OBAMA BERLIN SPEECH: 'A WORLD THAT STANDS AS ONE'
Glenn: All right. Gang, yesterday I had a guy say, Glenn, all my friends are saying why do you keep saying he's like the Messiah, that he is starting to be, you know, some sort of a Fascist leader, that that's what he's setting himself up for you. I'm going to give you a couple of things that this is the meat of the Obama speech that nobody in the media cares to focus on. They're immediately moving now to Paris and then to London. Won't it be great? Here we go. We just heard in his speech partnership and cooperation among nations is not a choice; it is the only way, the one way. Okay? Cooperation and partnership among nations is not a choice. Okay. Cut 13, please. Listen carefully.

Is there a point to posting Beck's drivel?

actsnoblemartin
07-25-2008, 04:42 PM

do you have something to add to this thread besides verbal diarrhea? :poke:

Joe Steel
07-25-2008, 04:55 PM
do you have something to add to this thread besides verbal diarrhea? :poke:

The diarrhea was already here. I'm just wondering why you want to wallow in it.

Beck is just a radio hate-monger. What's the point of revisiting anything he says?

07-25-2008, 05:02 PM

Beck is just a radio hate-monger. What's the point of revisiting anything he says?

Does it make yourself feel better about yourself to just dismiss everyone else without any real thought? Just call them names and then every thing is alright. You don't have to actually think about what they are saying because youve labeled them pariah.

Unfortuntely for you, the rest of us arent afraid to actually think about things. How about instead of just labelling Glenn a hatemonger (Which is ridiculous cause he doesnt hate anyone), you actually try to address the points he makes? Why are you so afraid of actually debating your ideas? Are you that insecure with your position?

actsnoblemartin
07-25-2008, 11:37 PM
yes i know, anyone who is a conservative, or you dont agree with is a hate monger. Thanks for clearing that up.

Nice to know you like to silence anyone who doesnt agree with you by demonizing them.

theHawk
07-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Why are you so afraid of actually debating your ideas? Are you that insecure with your position?

Intellectual cowards are incapable of debating anything honestly, they'd have to face the truth.

REDWHITEBLUE2
07-26-2008, 12:39 AM

Beck is just a radio hate-monger. What's the point of revisiting anything he says? NO BOTH you and your so called savior The Racist Negro Obama are the TRUE hate mongers

Joe Steel
07-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Does it make yourself feel better about yourself to just dismiss everyone else without any real thought? Just call them names and then every thing is alright. You don't have to actually think about what they are saying because youve labeled them pariah.

My local hate radio station broadcasts a hour of Glenn Beck everyday. I have it on and listen to as much of it as I can stomach. I can truly say Beck is the most despicable of all the hate-mongers I endure. That includes Laura Ingraham, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and some local guys.

Unfortuntely for you, the rest of us arent afraid to actually think about things. How about instead of just labelling Glenn a hatemonger (Which is ridiculous cause he doesnt hate anyone), you actually try to address the points he makes? Why are you so afraid of actually debating your ideas? Are you that insecure with your position?

Ideas?

Sure, I'll debate ideas.

Got any?

Something besides hate, greed and self-interest?

You won't find them on Glenn Beck's show.

Joe Steel
07-26-2008, 05:25 AM
yes i know, anyone who is a conservative, or you dont agree with is a hate monger. Thanks for clearing that up.

Nice to know you like to silence anyone who doesnt agree with you by demonizing them.

Last week, Beck went-off on Mama Mia!. Why would a political commentator, or someone who is presented as a political commentator, spend an hour ripping on a harmless movie?

Probably because it was an easy target and he thought he could use it to get the half-witted misfits and malcontents who actually believe him riled-up.

PostmodernProphet
07-26-2008, 06:04 AM

let's talk about Obama's drivel then.....what did YOU take away from Obama's speech.....

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 06:09 AM
let's talk about Obama's drivel then.....what did YOU take away from Obama's speech.....

I'm not JS, but what I 'heard' is a world wide redistribution of income. I know Joe would think that a wonderful idea.

Joe Steel
07-26-2008, 06:16 AM

Obama is someone with a vision for peace and prosperity for everyone.

What's wrong with that? Why would Beck, et al, have a problem with peace and prosperity?

Joe Steel
07-26-2008, 06:29 AM
I'm not JS, but what I 'heard' is a world wide redistribution of income. I know Joe would think that a wonderful idea.

Most of humanity believe everyone should accept a fair share of humanity's burdens. Fair taxation (redistribution of income) is a good way to share the burdens.

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 06:36 AM
Most of humanity believe everyone should accept a fair share of humanity's burdens. Fair taxation (redistribution of income) is a good way to share the burdens.

No it's not. Literally scores of people have died, keeping our markets free and commerce open. Because of their sacrifices, many people in many lands have the possibility of using their gifts and hardwork to accumulate and enjoy prosperity. To reward those that won't work, upon the backs of those that do, not fair and causes disincentives to create and grow. Now perhaps you wish to return to the joys of the 17C., but most of us don't.

bullypulpit
07-26-2008, 06:46 AM

Beck hasn't been the same since his botched hemorrhoid surgery. They had a hard time working around his head.

Joe Steel
07-26-2008, 08:22 AM
No it's not. Literally scores of people have died, keeping our markets free and commerce open. Because of their sacrifices, many people in many lands have the possibility of using their gifts and hardwork to accumulate and enjoy prosperity. To reward those that won't work, upon the backs of those that do, not fair and causes disincentives to create and grow. Now perhaps you wish to return to the joys of the 17C., but most of us don't.

Free markets have caused more death and destruction, misery and grief than any other disease. They're the primary cause of slavery, war and genocide. That's hardly a good recommendation.

5stringJeff
07-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Free markets have caused more death and destruction, misery and grief than any other disease. They're the primary cause of slavery, war and genocide. That's hardly a good recommendation.

Actually, communism and state-run enterprises are the ones that cause death, destruction, misery, and grief. For proof, look at the communist dictator whom you have named yourself after.

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:38 AM
I couldnt have said it any better myself

Thank you brother :salute:

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:40 AM
the movie is stupid, and sends a bad message to women

Last week, Beck went-off on Mama Mia!. Why would a political commentator, or someone who is presented as a political commentator, spend an hour ripping on a harmless movie?

Probably because it was an easy target and he thought he could use it to get the half-witted misfits and malcontents who actually believe him riled-up.

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I think al queda, Iran, hezbollah and hamas have a problem with peace and prosperity

What's wrong with that? Why would Beck, et al, have a problem with peace and prosperity?

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Your theory leads the the government taking over people's land, that is if they allow them to own their own land in the first place, not allowing them to own their business, not allowing them to choose what job or career they wish to pursue.

What the government needs to do, is get out of the way and allow the free market to do what it does best, create jobs to help poor and middle class move up, but the government should do one thing, make sure business and the private sector doesnt screw people over, i.e. enforce the laws.

Please tell me where im wrong, and for the record, do you know that the top ten percent pay most the taxes?

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
hateful and stupid :poke:

Beck hasn't been the same since his botched hemorrhoid surgery. They had a hard time working around his head.

PostmodernProphet
07-26-2008, 11:10 AM

EVERYBODY has a vision for peace and prosperity......did he say anything about a plan to reach it?..........besides everyone getting together and sacrificing some unidentified something?.......

PostmodernProphet
07-26-2008, 11:11 AM

do I take it then, that the unnamed something that we need to sacrifice is "free markets"?.....that isn't going to make the third world countries happy, they don't like the tariffs and subsidies the leading nations place on ag products for example.....

07-26-2008, 11:31 AM

Fair taxation would require everyone pay the same percentage. Not making one person pay infinitely more while others pay nothing. There is nothing fair about that.

-Cp
07-26-2008, 12:33 PM

Since you said you've listened to him -

Can you please share with us something specifically Beck has said that makes him a "hate-monger"?

DragonStryk72
07-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Um, about the same as why we continue to let you run off at the mouth. Now, if you have something worthwhile, say it. Otherwise, kindly find somewhere else to say something that IS worthwhile, and leave us here for debate.

DragonStryk72
07-27-2008, 10:40 AM

I was going to say you're wrong about fair taxation, but then realized you don't understand the meaning of "fair". You are right about fair taxation, that it is necessary to ease burdens, but jacking the top 10% just to give it to people who didn't work as hard, didn't get the education, and didn't have the drive to go for it, isn't fair by any definition.

And I'm saying this speaking as one of the lower numbers, not the higher end. Here is exactly what happens when you tax the rich: They sell off stock they otherwise would have let ride, or, should they own a business, they simply raise the price of goods and services for their business to make up for it. So, in the end, the only people paying taxes are, in fact, the consumers. Go look at The Fair Tax for some further enlightening.

DragonStryk72
07-27-2008, 10:44 AM

Actually, african tribal leader were the main suppliers of slaves, and that wasn't really a "market", in so much as them making a quick deal. War's main cause still keeps ending up as religion and/or resources (regardless of free market or not), and genocide is purely held to the realm of evil men, again, regardless of free market or not.

I know it hurts, Joe, but you may need to consider using a different run than sweeping generalities that can be easily swept aside, the tactic isn't really working for you.

Hobbit
07-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Historically, slavery, war, and genocide were all exclusively caused by government, a government looking to take labor and resources from those who owned them. These things can only be taken by force. Legal businesses, on the other hand, lack the ability to use force, and thus they must build their empires on keeping their customers and employees happy enough to keep supplying them with what they need.

Joe Steel
07-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Since you said you've listened to him -

Can you please share with us something specifically Beck has said that makes him a "hate-monger"?

As I said, Beck went-off on Mama Mia!. a harmless movie, just to get his idiot fans riled-up.

Joe Steel
07-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Fair taxation would require everyone pay the same percentage. Not making one person pay infinitely more while others pay nothing. There is nothing fair about that.

Nonsense.

"Fair" is an indefinite term. It means whatever we say it means. In this case, it means equitable not equal percentage.

Joe Steel
07-27-2008, 06:05 PM
I was going to say you're wrong about fair taxation, but then realized you don't understand the meaning of "fair".

Of course, you're wrong.

My understanding of "fair taxation" is perfect.

Joe Steel
07-27-2008, 06:07 PM
EVERYBODY has a vision for peace and prosperity......did he say anything about a plan to reach it?..........besides everyone getting together and sacrificing some unidentified something?.......

He doesn't have to present a plan in an address intended to set the theme of his candidacy.

manu1959
07-27-2008, 06:11 PM
He doesn't have to present a plan in an address intended to set the theme of his candidacy.

what theme did he set......

manu1959
07-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Nonsense.

"Fair" is an indefinite term. It means whatever we say it means. In this case, it means equitable not equal percentage.

right .... fair and equitable everyone pays the same tax on every dollar earned or spent.....

AFbombloader
07-27-2008, 07:22 PM

Maybe is you actually listened to the show you would realize that Glenn always talks about more than just politics. His show covers entertaiinment, religion, politics, all of it.

Who cares is he wants to slam a movie. I think it is funny. Find a sense of humor every once in a while, it makes life easier.

AF.:salute:

07-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Of course, you're wrong.

Yeah, its whatever you want it to be. How convenient for you.

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 02:57 AM
How is that again, rwb? The "Racist Negro Obama"?

NO BOTH you and your so called savior The Racist Negro Obama are the TRUE hate mongers

How telling!!!!!!!!!!! Carry on, Mr. rwb in complete wrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2008, 05:22 AM

??....he's been running now for what, eight....nine months?.....the election is four months away.....don't you think its time to move from "theme" to "plan"?.......

hjmick
07-28-2008, 09:38 AM
??....he's been running now for what, eight....nine months?.....the election is four months away.....don't you think its time to move from "theme" to "plan"?.......

Apparently you have not been paying attention, PmP. Obama has been running for the office of President since he gave his speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. Despite his promise to serve his full term in the Senate, something he had no intention of doing. He has had his eyes on the top job for quite some time, eveything he has done since being elected to the Senate has been with this campaign in mind.

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Apparently you have not been paying attention, PmP. Obama has been running for the office of President since he gave his speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. Despite his promise to serve his full term in the Senate, something he had no intention of doing. He has had his eyes on the top job for quite some time, eveything he has done since being elected to the Senate has been with this campaign in mind.

well, I am glad you've been paying more attention than I have....that should place you in an excellent position to answer the question I raised earlier.....what is his plan to bring about his "vision for peace and prosperity".......he says we all have to sacrifice but he didn't say what it was we were going to have to sacrifice......

hjmick
07-28-2008, 12:20 PM
well, I am glad you've been paying more attention than I have....that should place you in an excellent position to answer the question I raised earlier.....what is his plan to bring about his "vision for peace and prosperity".......he says we all have to sacrifice but he didn't say what it was we were going to have to sacrifice......

LOL. Sorry, when it comes to the details of Obama's plans, I am just as much in the dark as you. As far as I can tell, most of what talks about leaves me hoping I'll have some change in my pockets when he's done.

Binky
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Maybe is you actually listened to the show you would realize that Glenn always talks about more than just politics. His show covers entertaiinment, religion, politics, all of it.

Who cares is he wants to slam a movie. I think it is funny. Find a sense of humor every once in a while, it makes life easier.

AF.:salute:

Hi, I'm new here and was trying to read thru some of the posts when I spotted this one.

I happen to be one of the "idiots" as the other posted said, that sits and watches Beck. I've found that most of the time, he is dead on with what he is telling us. :wink2:

And I agree with you that he talks about other things as well and not just politics.

Anyway, I saw the stage version of Mama Mia and found it to be very lighthearted and fun. I haven't a clue as to why Beck would slam it, but who gives a crapola? That's only his opinion. And in a day and age when the political climate and the world is so "heavy", it's a breath of fresh air to sit and listen to a good show that has some great music in it and lets you escape from all the negativity that surrounds us on a daily basis. :dance:

hjmick
07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the board, Binky.

Just for the record, I believe Beck took shots at the movie version of Mama Mia, not the stage production. Sometimes the stage just doesn't translate to the screen.

5stringJeff
07-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi, I'm new here and was trying to read thru some of the posts when I spotted this one.

I happen to be one of the "idiots" as the other posted said, that sits and watches Beck. I've found that most of the time, he is dead on with what he is telling us. :wink2:

And I agree with you that he talks about other things as well and not just politics.

Anyway, I saw the stage version of Mama Mia and found it to be very lighthearted and fun. I haven't a clue as to why Beck would slam it, but who gives a crapola? That's only his opinion. And in a day and age when the political climate and the world is so "heavy", it's a breath of fresh air to sit and listen to a good show that has some great music in it and lets you escape from all the negativity that surrounds us on a daily basis. :dance:

Welcome Binky!

Binky
07-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the board, Binky.

Just for the record, I believe Beck took shots at the movie version of Mama Mia, not the stage production. Sometimes the stage just doesn't translate to the screen.

This is true. I hadn't thought of that. He was prob'ly slamming the movie version. I know sometimes making the switch from stage to screen doesn't always benefit the actual storyline, plot, or overall entertainment value. Sometimes something gets lost in the translation.

Gaffer
07-28-2008, 06:40 PM
What I read about mamma mia is that its a chick flick. The men are sissys and the women are man haters. Don't know what they did with it verses the stage play, but sounds like they did their usual hollywierd and changed things around.

One thing about Beck. When he does a story on something, he researches it throughly.

Well to the board Binky.

DragonStryk72
07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Of course, you're wrong.

So it would be fair for you, making more money than me, to give me enough of your possessions for us to be even? That would be fair, even though I've put in none of the work or effort to get your things. Alright, fine, I believe you: Now pony up, give away the stuff you've worked for to the first person you come across that is poorer than you, until you both have equal. I mean, that's fair, right?

Oh, and you seem to have skipped the rest of what I said.

-Cp
07-29-2008, 03:59 AM
As I said, Beck went-off on Mama Mia!. a harmless movie, just to get his idiot fans riled-up.

And that makes him a "hate-monger" how?

07-29-2008, 09:26 AM
And that makes him a "hate-monger" how?

disliking chick flicks is a federal offense:)

AFbombloader
07-29-2008, 01:43 PM
This is true. I hadn't thought of that. He was prob'ly slamming the movie version. I know sometimes making the switch from stage to screen doesn't always benefit the actual storyline, plot, or overall entertainment value. Sometimes something gets lost in the translation.

From what I understand, the movie is not well done. My mother saw it and informed my wife it was not worth seeing, something about Streep not fitting the role and Pierce Brosnan not being able to carry a tune in a bucket. I have not seen it so I cannot comment (and I will not see it). My wife saw the stage show and said it was excellent.

Welcome to the board, good to have ya.

AF:salute:

Shadow
07-30-2008, 11:06 PM
I like Glenn Beck. I listen to his radio show every night driving home from work. He is far from a hate monger,obviously the thread starter doesn't listen to his program. Today he was talking about how the big oil companies were warning that if the airline industry fails, gas/oil prices will soar due to lost revenews of jet fuel. It was interesting and something I would like to read up on more. He also was talking about helping the families of the two border agents who are currently in prison. His radio station is setting up some sort of fund raiser to save their homes and pay medical bills. He is dedicating his show tomorrow to this as well.