PDA

View Full Version : How's Your Lifestyle going?

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Lifestyles is the choices you make: whether you are healthy or un-healthy overall in the choices you make, whether you use moderation, when deciding what to put in your body.

deciding whether to exercise?

deciding whether to get adequate sleep

and so on

I have lost 16.6 pounds in nearly 5 weeks, NOT by dieting or cheating in any way, but by doing it the right way. By a new lifestyle of more fruits and veggies, 3 small meals, and lots of small snacks through out the day so my metabolism can burn, and moderate exercise.

do you have any stories or thought for us on this subject?

April15
07-26-2008, 10:30 PM
In feb I had rotator cuff surgery. No work for 6 months to a year. Being self employed that means no income period!
I would like to work out more but have so much worry and anexiety about the economy and work I just don't. And with my worry about what Bush will do makes me worry more.

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:31 PM
sorry man.

Ill say a prayer for you

dear lord

please let april15 heal quickly and be able heal

amen

I wish u the best brother

In feb I had rotator cuff surgery. No work for 6 months to a year. Being self employed that means no income period!
I would like to work out more but have so much worry and anexiety about the economy and work I just don't. And with my worry about what Bush will do makes me worry more.

April15
07-26-2008, 10:32 PM
sorry man.

Ill say a prayer for you

dear lord

please let april15 heal quickly and be able heal

amen

I wish u the best brotherThank you!

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 10:33 PM

Your inability to concentrate on therapy and returning to work is GW's fault. Okay.

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:33 PM
my pleasure :salute:

Thank you!

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:35 PM
I dont wanna be rude, but i dont think he was saying that.

Rehab is dificult, and its easy to sit here in judgment of him, but with this economy i am worried too, now I believe he should be worried about the next congress more then bush, but its his prerogative.

Your inability to concentrate on therapy and returning to work is GW's fault. Okay.

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 10:36 PM
I dont wanna be rude, but i dont think he was saying that.

Rehab is dificult, and its easy to sit here in judgment of him, but with this economy i am worried too, now I believe he should be worried about the next congress more then bush, but its his prerogative.

Reread his post, he worries about what GW will do...

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:37 PM
anxiety can be very crippling, worry can be crippling.

I dont agree that he should be solely focused on bush, the blame for the economy has a lot of room to go around, but he needs our sympathy not judgment on this issue.

Having a major surgery, and then recovery is very emotional, and mental, not just physical and its tough.

me and him, might not agree with him, but lets cut him a bit of slack please

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Reread his post, he worries about what GW will do...

and i dont agree with that statement but you said

Kathianne: Your inability to concentrate on therapy and returning to work is GW's fault. Okay

and im saying, worry is legitimate, anxiety can be debilitating, but i didnt hear him say, i blame bush, i cant get better.

He would like to work out more he said, and he knows he needs to do it, and im sure he understands, he needs to get off his butt and do it, and that bush has nothing to do with his injury.

I think he is just injured, and frustrated, and i can understand that.

I understand what youre saying better, and please dont think im trying to censor you, thats not my purpose.

im simply discussing this with you my dear Kathianne

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 10:41 PM

Steph: Your inability to concentrate on therapy and returning to work is GW's fault. Okay

and im saying, worry is legitimate, anxiety can be debilitating, but i didnt hear him say, i blame bush, i cant get better.

He would like to work out more he said, and he knows he needs to do it, and im sure he understands, he needs to get off his butt and do it, and that bush has nothing to do with his injury.

I understand what youre saying better, and please dont think im trying to censor you, thats not my purpose.

im simply discussing this with you my dear steph

I didn't say that. Are you speaking to Stephanie or me?

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 10:42 PM

I dont agree that he should be solely focused on bush, the blame for the economy has a lot of room to go around, but he needs our sympathy not judgment on this issue.

Having a major surgery, and then recovery is very emotional, and mental, not just physical and its tough.

me and him, might not agree with him, but lets cut him a bit of slack please

Why should his recovery depend upon Bush in any form? C'mon...

April15
07-26-2008, 10:43 PM
My therapy is going fine it is just the drugs I have to take for pain and anexiety do have side effects that are not beneficial. As for GW being at fault, Nay I say it is the people who voted for him that have the blame.

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:44 PM
to you, sorry.

my brain is losing it. which means im getting tired

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:45 PM
but surely, you dont think the democrats in congress get a free pass from criticism?

they have controlled the congress for the last two years.

do they not get any responsibility for their actions?

My therapy is going fine it is just the drugs I have to take for pain and anexiety do have side effects that are not beneficial. As for GW being at fault, Nay I say it is the people who voted for him that have the blame.

Kathianne

Nay I say to you, politics has nothing to do with your ability to return to work or not. It's a weak excuse, but not a real concern. Perhaps you were injured more than the docs thought? Perhaps you don't want to return to that job? Politicians/politics have zip to do with that or whether or not you wash clothes in the morning.

April15

Kathianne: Your inability to concentrate on therapy and returning to work is GW's fault. Okay

im simply discussing this with you my dear Kathianne
My biggest frustration is to look at my shoulder and remember when I could lift 65 pounds with ease and now in rehab 8 pounds is a major struggle. My second frustration is I am used to being at work 7 days a week and this sitting is just killing my ability to work.

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:46 PM
and i agree with you here

as i said, i disagree with him using bush as excuse not to exercise, but i still have sympathy for what he is going through.

So while i agree with you, he understands, im sure. that while he isnt happy with bush.

he will decide if he gets better, not bush

Why should his recovery depend upon Bush in any form? C'mon...

April15
07-26-2008, 10:47 PM
but surely, you dont think the democrats in congress get a free pass from criticism?

do they not get any responsibility for their actions?The dems have not lived up to the promises. Very frustrating.

April15
07-26-2008, 10:47 PM
and i agree with you here

as i said, i disagree with him using bush as excuse not to exercise, but i still have sympathy for what he is going through.

So while i agree with you, he understands, im sure. that while he isnt happy with bush.

he will decide if he gets better, not bushI have to get better!

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:48 PM
You need to stay positive.

Recovery is a daily process

break it down into baby steps, and stop judging yourself negatively because youre not where you wanna be, drop that judgment, turn chilly to those feelings, change your insecure thoughts, to secure thoughts, and you will succeed

and try this site for the anxiety, it did me wonders

www.recovery-inc.com

give it a chance, and then let me know if u like it

My biggest frustration is to look at my shoulder and remember when I could lift 65 pounds with ease and now in rehab 8 pounds is a major struggle. My second frustration is I am used to being at work 7 days a week and this sitting is just killing my ability to work.

stephanie
07-26-2008, 10:49 PM

Hey, I'm not even in this thread......yet..:coffee:

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I think what your saying is important, in context.

He must know that he cant blame his problems on bush, or congress or you or anyone.

He got a bad break with the injury.

and he has two real choices

get BITTER or get BETTER

I think your tough love, honest approach is helpful, needed, and sweet.

Nay I say to you, politics has nothing to do with your ability to return to work or not. It's a weak excuse, but not a real concern. Perhaps you were injured more than the docs thought? Perhaps you don't want to return to that job? Politicians/politics have zip to do with that or whether or not you wash clothes in the morning.

April15
07-26-2008, 10:50 PM

me and him, might not agree with him, but lets cut him a bit of slack pleaseI met a fireman that had this surgery around the same time and he was mentioning how the pain just kills your desire to live. I had to tell him I know exactly as I had the same problem with pain and the side effects of the morphene.

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:51 PM
and im sure you will

I have faith in you brother

:salute:

I have to get better!

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 10:51 PM

Yeah, but you know:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=276078#post276078

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:52 PM
no one is saying this is easy, but let me recommend, using a support system.

Friends, family, online, and in-person support groups

If you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me here or on messenger.

You will be fine, just hang in there ok?

I met a fireman that had this surgery around the same time and he was mentioning how the pain just kills your desire to live. I had to tell him I know exactly as I had the same problem with pain and the side effects of the morphene.

actsnoblemartin
07-26-2008, 10:53 PM
and im sorry about that, all politicians should be held to account for their promises.

and all political parties too

The dems have not lived up to the promises. Very frustrating.

April15
07-26-2008, 10:54 PM
You need to stay positive.

Recovery is a daily process

break it down into baby steps, and stop judging yourself negatively because youre not where you wanna be, drop that judgment, turn chilly to those feelings, change your insecure thoughts, to secure thoughts, and you will succeed

and try this site for the anxiety, it did me wonders

www.recovery-inc.com

give it a chance, and then let me know if u like it

Staying positive is hard but as I improve phsyicaly it gets easier. I don't use pain meds any more so that is a plus right there.

actsnoblemartin
i saw u in another thread, and got mixed up :laugh2:

stephanie
Yeah, but you know:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=276078#post276078

I saw it..I was pulling your leg..I'm feeling froggy..:cheers2::laugh2:

Kathianne
07-26-2008, 10:57 PM
I saw it..I was pulling your leg..I'm feeling froggy..:cheers2::laugh2:

:cheers2:

stephanie
07-26-2008, 11:14 PM
i saw u in another thread, and got mixed up :laugh2:

no problemo..I'm just kinda one of those memorable persons..:laugh2:

crin63
07-26-2008, 11:58 PM

Pain causes a great deal of fatigue. It takes allot out of you. There are allot of concerns that go along with surgery and recovery. Dealing with financial pressure can seem worse than all the effects from the injury and surgery. You end up learning medical termnology that you never really wanted know and so on.

I rolled my truck on the freeway in '86, I went through ligament reconstruction on my right ankle in '95, was rearended on the freeway in '99 and knee surgery on my right knee in 2000. In 2003 I had enough electricity go through my body that it melted 2 fillings in the back of my mouth, killed my sense of smell and loss of feeling the left side of my face, neck and shoulder. I could go on but you get the point.

If you ever need someone to listen to you or talk too, shoot me a message.

07-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Sometimes, I dont think pain will ever end.

Be grateful you know what's causing your pain. At least that provides a way to overcome it. When you don't know why you hurt, everything is 100 times worse.

Said1
07-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Back to the original post.

I tried something recently that I've heard about for years, but never bothered to implement in my diet. At first I thought there was NO way I could do it. I worried that I would be starving ALL day long and feeling worse in the afternoons then I already was feeling, but still, I committed to giving it a week.

Well, after the first DAY I felt 10000000% better after lunch - you know, that time period between 2-3pm that can last even longer? I was amazed. Without getting too technical, and all I did was remove all forms of sugar and starchy foods - the bad carbs and heavily processed foods ( bread, noodles, muffins, reese peanut butter cups :( ) from my daily diet. That's it. I do eat them at night and am almost always fighting sleep within approx 15 mins, but I was getting SO tired of fighting fatigue during the day, I was willing to try anything, and it works!

Try it for one day and I promise you'll be amazed.

just thought I 'd share. :)

actsnoblemartin
07-27-2008, 12:50 PM
thank you for sharing.

Im glad you have found something that works for you, with any lifestyle, their are many options, that can work for any of us

good luck ms said1

I tried something recently that I've heard about for years, but never bothered to implement in my diet. At first I thought there was NO way I could do it. I worried that I would be starving ALL day long and feeling worse in the afternoons then I already was feeling, but still, I committed to giving it a week.

Well, after the first DAY I felt 10000000% better after lunch - you know, that time period between 2-3pm that can last even longer? I was amazed. Without getting too technical, and all I did was remove all forms of sugar and starchy foods - the bad carbs and heavily processed foods ( bread, noodles, muffins, reese peanut butter cups :( ) from my daily diet. That's it. I do eat them at night and am almost always fighting sleep within approx 15 mins, but I was getting SO tired of fighting fatigue during the day, I was willing to try anything, and it works!

actsnoblemartin
07-27-2008, 12:50 PM
if you ever need someone to talk to i am here for you

:salute:

Pain causes a great deal of fatigue. It takes allot out of you. There are allot of concerns that go along with surgery and recovery. Dealing with financial pressure can seem worse than all the effects from the injury and surgery. You end up learning medical termnology that you never really wanted know and so on.

I rolled my truck on the freeway in '86, I went through ligament reconstruction on my right ankle in '95, was rearended on the freeway in '99 and knee surgery on my right knee in 2000. In 2003 I had enough electricity go through my body that it melted 2 fillings in the back of my mouth, killed my sense of smell and loss of feeling the left side of my face, neck and shoulder. I could go on but you get the point.

crin63
07-27-2008, 04:34 PM
I been on Weight Watchers the last 5-6 weeks and I've lost 12lbs. This is the first time in 5 years I have been under 200lbs. I hit a wall around 203 and cant below 202 usually but this system works pretty good and I'm at 199. My goal is 190.

5stringJeff
07-27-2008, 05:22 PM

Out of curiosity, what do you normally eat for lunch? I am a big time after-lunch candy eater, and I'd like to cut back as well.

Said1
07-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you normally eat for lunch? I am a big time after-lunch candy eater, and I'd like to cut back as well.

I hear that. By 1:30 I'm either dozing off or heading off for a sugar fix.

Normally, I would eat typical lunches. Now I would eat something like tuna salad - minus bread, fried curried chickpeas with tomatoes and onions, fruit, yogurt, raw or cooked vegetable - basically whatever I want and as much as I want as long as it's not super processed and isn't startchy or full of refined sugar - bad carbs (or whatever they are). I eat a lot of snacks through out the morning and afternoon too - fruit and raisins instead of a muffin or cereal in the morning - an apple around 2pm instead of a vanilla bean latte with a peanut butter cookie. :laugh2:

Like I said, I eat that junk at night sometimes. I find I have more success staying away from sugar if I stick to the same sort of diet at night. I love rice, so I switch to brown or wild brown - no pasta, but a baked potato is ok. I don't really think totally removing all carbs is healthy, but taking out the factory made stuff had made me feel 1000% better during the hours I need to be alert. I wake up feeling a lot better as well.

5stringJeff
07-27-2008, 07:32 PM
I hear that. By 1:30 I'm either dozing off or heading off for a sugar fix.

Normally, I would eat typical lunches. Now I would eat something like tuna salad - minus bread, fried curried chickpeas with tomatoes and onions, fruit, yogurt, raw or cooked vegetable - basically whatever I want and as much as I want as long as it's not super processed and isn't startchy or full of refined sugar - bad carbs (or whatever they are). I eat a lot of snacks through out the morning and afternoon too - fruit and raisins instead of a muffin or cereal in the morning - an apple around 2pm instead of a vanilla bean latte with a peanut butter cookie. :laugh2:

Like I said, I eat that junk at night sometimes. I find I have more success staying away from sugar if I stick to the same sort of diet at night. I love rice, so I switch to brown or wild brown - no pasta, but a baked potato is ok. I don't really think totally removing all carbs is healthy, but taking out the factory made stuff had made me feel 1000% better during the hours I need to be alert. I wake up feeling a lot better as well.

Excellent, thanks for the info. I start a new job in a few weeks, and I want to get myself on the right lunchtime habits starting out. My typical lunchtime habit at my old job was a fast food value meal at about noon, raid the candy jars about 2PM, and try to stay awake until quitting time!

Said1
07-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Excellent, thanks for the info. I start a new job in a few weeks, and I want to get myself on the right lunchtime habits starting out. My typical lunchtime habit at my old job was a fast food value meal at about noon, raid the candy jars about 2PM, and try to stay awake until quitting time!

Try it for a few days, you will notice a change. Don't deprive yourself, eat when you want and as much as you want. You'll probably find that you're full longer as well!

I still get tired in the afternoon, but not in the same zombie like state I'd find myself in before. I swear there were some afternoons I'd give up my next paycheck for a pillow and blanket - no need for a bed, the floor would have done just fine!

And good luck with your new job!!!

April15
07-27-2008, 09:26 PM

Thank you for the kindness.

April15
07-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Sometimes, I dont think pain will ever end.

Be grateful you know what's causing your pain. At least that provides a way to overcome it. When you don't know why you hurt, everything is 100 times worse.You have shingles pain? My wife has for just short of 6 years.

emmett
07-27-2008, 09:32 PM

do they not get any responsibility for their actions?

Need to lay off the hydrocodone marty, they just took over in January. So lets see, a little math, I got 7 months. Hell, what do I know. The Republicans were doing just as bad.

VOTE LIBETARIAN!!

hjmick
07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
How's my lifestyle going? I got no serious complaints.