PDA

View Full Version : the democratic platform

actsnoblemartin
07-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Lets please have a serious discussion about it, instead of just one-word insults, atleast explain why you feel the way you about the platform, and lets discuss the individual points of the platform in a respectful, civil-manner, like adults

thank you

to show, im not being biased, i simply into google, 2008 democratic party platform, and here is the link.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=2008+democratic+platform&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&vm=r

The second soure is The DNC Website itself

http://www.democrats.org/a/2005/09/the_2004_democr.php

I will read, then post the democratic platform of 2004, since the 2008 is not out yet.

Please be patient for my opinions to the platform, in the meantime, feel free to talk amongst yourselves

on a side note this is a good non-partisan website

http://www.politics1.com/

http://www.politics1.com/about.htm

Founded in 1997, Politics1 is published as a non-partisan public service to promote fully informed decision-making by the American electorate. Our traffic statistics show that Politics1 continues to be one of the most popular political sites on the net. According to the WebTrends traffic report (as of the period ending July 22, 2006), Politics1 is currently recording over 480,000 unique user sessions, 927,000 page views, and 13.5 million hits per month.

http://www.democrats.org/pdfs/2004platform.pdf

OCA
07-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Who gives a fuck, its almost the same as the Repub platform, feed corporations, fuck the little guy in the ass and send this country down the shitter, not that its already there.

Does your defective mind allow you to understand this Ray?

actsnoblemartin
07-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I think the party platform is not going to give me the answers i need, let me try what we stand for instead. I apologize for any incovience.

http://www.democrats.org/a/party/stand.html

http://www.democrats.org/agenda.html

http://www.democrats.org/legislation.html

actsnoblemartin
07-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Here are the six things the democrats stand for according to their own website, and what they claim they are doing towards accomplishing these goals, I will talk specifically about whether i think they have met these goals later

I believe, if youre going to discuss, whether to support democrats, whether you agree or disagree with them, these links, will provide the best answers because it seems, these are the foundation to the policies they want to create. I havent rendered a judgment as to whether i agree with their approach or not, but i want to give a fair chance in this thread.

issue #1 http://www.democrats.org/a/national/honest_government/

issue #2 http://www.democrats.org/a/national/real_security/

issue #3 http://www.democrats.org/a/national/clean_environment/energy/

issue #4 http://www.democrats.org/a/national/economic_growth/

issue #5 http://www.democrats.org/a/national/affordable_health_care/

issue #6 http://www.democrats.org/a/national/secure_retirement/

OCA
07-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Have Repubs or conservatives met any goals according to their platform Ray?

Why don't you discuss that shit too and quit being such a one sided twit?

Gaffer
07-27-2008, 01:52 PM
I think the party platform is not going to give me the answers i need, let me try what we stand for instead. I apologize for any incovience.

http://www.democrats.org/a/party/stand.html

http://www.democrats.org/agenda.html

http://www.democrats.org/legislation.html

The 2008 demodrat platform will be put together at the dnc convention. For people like mfm to say they are for the platform is incorrect as it hasn't been written yet. He can only be for what he expects them to put in the platform. obamanation is writing it as he goes along. Besides selecting a candidate the convention also votes on a platform.

retiredman
07-27-2008, 02:01 PM
The 2008 demodrat platform will be put together at the dnc convention. For people like mfm to say they are for the platform is incorrect as it hasn't been written yet. He can only be for what he expects them to put in the platform. obamanation is writing it as he goes along. Besides selecting a candidate the convention also votes on a platform.

you are quite right... and when and if the democratic party platform ceases to encapsulate the vast majority of my personal political beliefs, I will stop being a registered democrat.

the democratic party platform has addressed the same basic issues for several years, and given my work on my local county committee, all indications are that the 2008 version will follow suit.

Yurt
07-27-2008, 04:05 PM
party over country, boooring

retiredman
07-27-2008, 04:26 PM
party over country, boooring

quit gratuitously insulting me.

country over party. If my party quits pursuing what is in the best interests of my country, I will quit my party.

As long as my party DOES pursue what I feel is in the best interests of my country, and as long as we are a two party system with power entrenched in those two parties, then my support of MY party IS my way of promoting what I think is best for MY country.

you are being, I think, purposely myopic about that. I do not, however, rule out the possibility that, rather than merely being obstinate for the sake of being argumentative, you might very well be too fucking dumb to understand that basic political truism. Time will tell, I guess, which option is more close to the truth.

red states rule
07-27-2008, 04:30 PM

country over party. If my party quits pursuing what is in the best interests of my country, I will quit my party.

As long as my party DOES pursue what I feel is in the best interests of my country, and as long as we are a two party system with power entrenched in those two parties, then my support of MY party IS my way of promoting what I think is best for MY country.

you are being, I think, purposely myopic about that. I do not, however, rule out the possibility that, rather than merely being obstinate for the sake of being argumentative, you might very well be too fucking dumb to understand that basic political truism. Time will tell, I guess, which option is more close to the truth.

It is more like the party pursues the best interests of the party - the country is a mere after thought

Just like you

retiredman
07-27-2008, 04:33 PM
It is more like the party pursues the best interests of the party - the country is a mere after thought

Just like you

that is wrong. the party can't succeed in pushing forth its platform if it cannot convince a majority of Americans that it is the right way to go.

YOU DO understand how politics works, don't you?:lol:

red states rule
07-27-2008, 04:36 PM
that is wrong. the party can't succeed in pushing forth its platform if it cannot convince a majority of Americans that it is the right way to go.

http://www.blueherald.com/uploads/Batocchio/RW_Cartoons/2008/3_30_08/_Asay_2_19_08_Obama.jpg

retiredman
07-27-2008, 04:38 PM
I have noticed lately that your normally paltry ability to carry on a debate has degraded to the point where you really only seem capable of posting cartoons. I shudder to consider what might be behind that degradation.

red states rule
07-27-2008, 04:40 PM
I have noticed lately that your normally paltry ability to carry on a debate has degraded to the point where you really only seem capable of posting cartoons. I shudder to consider what might be behind that degradation.

They may be cartoons to you - but they are factual. Your party sems to think they can tax and spend America into prosperity.

Then again so did Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry,a nd now Obama

retiredman
07-27-2008, 04:42 PM
They may be cartoons to you - but they are factual. Your party sems to think they can tax and spend America into prosperity.

cartoons cannot, by definition be FACTUAL.

moron.

you can't debate your way out of wet paper bag. and it seems to be getting worse. I hope it is not related to your medical problems.

red states rule
07-27-2008, 04:44 PM

moron.

you can't debate your way out of wet paper bag. and it seems to be getting worse. I hope it is not related to your medical problems.

You are the moron for thinking your party can tax us into prosperity. Dems have a long and failed history of trying it

retiredman
07-27-2008, 04:47 PM
You are the moron for thinking your party can tax us into prosperity. Dems have a long and failed history of trying it

were we prosperous during the Clinton administration? I would suggest that most folks would say we were.

and we are not arguing whether or not my party is right or not, we are arguing that believing in one party's platform versus the other makes one more or less patriotic or more or less an American than someone who believe in the OTHER party's platform.

but nonetheless, calling a cartoon a fact is a clear sign that you are, in fact, a moron.

red states rule
07-27-2008, 04:49 PM
were we prosperous during the Clinton administration? I would suggest that most folks would say we were.

and we are not arguing whether or not my party is right or not, we are arguing that believing in one party's platform versus the other makes one more or less patriotic or more or less an American than someone who believe in the OTHER party's platform.

but nonetheless, calling a cartoon a fact is a clear sign that you are, in fact, a moron.

Only after Republicans took over Congress and cut spending, and forced Bill to sign things like welfare reform

Now your party wants to go back to the failed policies of the late 70's. Higher taxes, more government, and appeasing terrorists

Yurt
07-27-2008, 06:49 PM

the message of the cartoons is factual

Yurt
07-27-2008, 06:50 PM

go pound sand mr. run all over the board insulting me and others

trobinett
07-27-2008, 08:01 PM

The more appropriate question MFM, is weather YOU understand how politics works.

We can go from there...........:slap:

retiredman
07-27-2008, 08:47 PM
The more appropriate question MFM, is weather YOU understand how politics works.

We can go from there...........:slap:

I do. I work with it every day. I serve in it every day. Take it where you will.

OCA
07-28-2008, 02:15 PM

And Bush I

midcan5
07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Lets please have a serious discussion about it, instead of just one-word insults, atleast explain why you feel the way you about the platform, and lets discuss the individual points of the platform in a respectful, civil-manner, like adults.

Who gives a fuck, its almost the same as the Repub platform, feed corporations, fuck the little guy in the ass and send this country down the shitter, not that its already there.

The cynical side of me had to laugh!

actsnoblemartin
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
walks out of thread dejectedly :(

OCA
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
walks out of thread dejectedly :(

Good, get the fuck out, not that you had anything of substance to add anyway for obvious reasons.

82Marine89
07-29-2008, 02:27 PM

Does your defective mind allow you to understand this Ray?

Sounds like the Greek Party platform or is that platform party?

moron.

So you can insult others, but they can not insult you? Fucking pussy.

OCA
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM

Ummm we like fucking the big guys in the ass.

LMFAO!:laugh2::laugh2:

Fucking dago :finger3:

retiredman
07-29-2008, 03:26 PM

So you can insult others, but they can not insult you? Fucking pussy.

my insults were not gratuituous, but part of my argument. I guess maybe I made the mistake of figuring out that most folks on here knew what the word "gratuitous" meant....but hey, forgive me. I forgot you were a jarhead!;)

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM

moron.

Another nasty post, with a disclaimer.

retiredman
07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Another nasty post, with a disclaimer.

and yet, he can call me a traitor and a coward and a liar and NOBODY says boo to him...in fact, they give him positive rep for it.
hmmmmm could it be because he's a conservative on an overwhelmingly conservative board?:laugh2:

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
and yet, he can call me a traitor and a coward and a liar and NOBODY says boo to him...in fact, they give him positive rep for it.
hmmmmm could it be because he's a conservative on an overwhelmingly conservative board?:laugh2:

Could it be what you post? On the other hand, you haven't a clue to what is said to anyone, other than what you see.

retiredman
07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Could it be what you post? On the other hand, you haven't a clue to what is said to anyone, other than what you see.

like I said, you and scores of others have zero problem calling me out publicly for MY posts, yet I have NEVER seen anyone take RSR to task for his insults at my service, my courage, my patriotism or my integrity.

or are those targets fair game, but mine somehow are not?

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
like I said, you and scores of others have zero problem calling me out publicly for MY posts, yet I have NEVER seen anyone take RSR to task for his insults at my service, my courage, my patriotism or my integrity.

Actually I've done so many times with RSR, not in the past few months, but prior to that. On this and another board. That however, like the proverbial, 'everyone does that' or 'that's not fair', doesn't add or detract from what is said to you.

retiredman
07-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Actually I've done so many times with RSR, not in the past few months, but prior to that. On this and another board. That however, like the proverbial, 'everyone does that' or 'that's not fair', doesn't add or detract from what is said to you.

If you could point me to ONE post of yours where you publicly dressed down RSR for calling me a traitor or questioning my patriotism or denigrating my service, I would be amazed..... pleasantly amazed, but amaazed nonetheless.

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
If you could point me to ONE post of yours where you publicly dressed down RSR for calling me a traitor or questioning my patriotism or denigrating my service, I would be amazed..... pleasantly amazed, but amaazed nonetheless.

I'm not going to dig up old posts here or there. In reality probably has zip to do with you, only with him. Like mine to you. In any case, he's not here, you are and doing pretty good today. Making your points without being a jerk. Good for you.

Yurt
07-29-2008, 04:24 PM
good lord and this is making the board better :dance:

actsnoblemartin
07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
I publicly and privately get on people's cases when they go after mfm's patriotism

and i politely encourage all not to tolerate such in-civility

actsnoblemartin
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Yurt you are no innocent victim, i have seen you go after mfm, in threads, with a vengeance, just to insult him and try to hurt his feelings out pure vindictiveness.

You are equally as guilty in my mind, and i cant and wont sugar coat that for you.

I call things as i see them, no matter what.

and if people cant take the truth, i gotta stand up for what i believe

good lord and this is making the board better :dance:

red states rule
07-29-2008, 05:34 PM

OMG, I am gone for few days getting some test done, and I see you are STILL whining and throwing another temper tantrum

Have you always been a crybaby? Did it ever occur to you people do not like you because you are an obnoxious, overbearing, conceited, arrogant, sanctimonious jerk?

red states rule
07-29-2008, 05:35 PM

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/PHD/PHD611/photo-caricature-birdseye_~RBC2_14.jpg

red states rule
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Yurt you are no innocent victim, i have seen you go after mfm, in threads, with a vengeance, just to insult him and try to hurt his feelings out pure vindictiveness.

You are equally as guilty in my mind, and i cant and wont sugar coat that for you.

I call things as i see them, no matter what.

and if people cant take the truth, i gotta stand up for what i believe

People do need to accept the truth

http://blog.ruderetro.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/obama_clinton.png

Dilloduck
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
I publicly and privately get on people's cases when they go after mfm's patriotism

and i politely encourage all not to tolerate such in-civility

Get over it, Martin. People are free to give each other shit. That's what we got a steel cage for. Unless we're all going to be treated like a kindergarten class again.

actsnoblemartin
07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
yes class, its time for milk and cookies

and then your nap :laugh2:

Get over it, Martin. People are free to give each other shit. That's what we got a steel cage for. Unless we're all going to be treated like a kindergarten class again.

red states rule
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
yes class, its time for milk and cookies

and then your nap :laugh2:

Hope you have your teddy bear martin :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
yes, teddy roxspin

my favorite 80's bear

and you?

Hope you have your teddy bear martin :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 06:19 PM

True about steel cage, but this thread and others are not in it.

Dilloduck
07-29-2008, 06:23 PM
True about steel cage, but this thread and others are not in it.

You're a mod again ---move it. Where is the harm in that?

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 06:26 PM
You're a mod again ---move it. Where is the harm in that?

The problem is not the thread, but the post. No need to move, just carry on topic.

Dilloduck
07-29-2008, 06:34 PM
The problem is not the thread, but the post. No need to move, just carry on topic.

:laugh2::laugh2: Yes moderator lady.

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 06:39 PM
For those that are geninely interested the following represents the general agenda of the Democratic Party:

1. Honest Government

2. Real Security

3. Energy Independence

4. Economic Prosperity

5. Affordable Healthcare

6. Retirement Security

7. Protecting Our Environment

8. Civil Rights and Justice

9. Election Reform

10. Immigration reform

Much more found here: http://www.democrats.org/a/2008/07/listening_to_am.php

These items represent only general focus and will include many, many more programs and areas of interest to the people of the United States Of America.

I'll be watching closely to see that the party stays on track to ascertain these core values.

Kathianne
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
:laugh2::laugh2: Yes moderator lady.

Dillo get over it.

retiredman
07-29-2008, 07:25 PM
OMG, I am gone for few days getting some test done, and I see you are STILL whining and throwing another temper tantrum

Have you always been a crybaby? Did it ever occur to you people do not like you because you are an obnoxious, overbearing, conceited, arrogant, sanctimonious jerk?

my post is neither whining no any sort of temper tantrum. The crowd doesn't "like" me on here because I speak my mind and am not afraid to go up against packs of conservatives at once.

YOU don't like me because I expose the your vapor thin depth of knowledge about nearly everything upon which you pontificate....I expose your lazy posting style that relies nearly entirely on cut and past op-eds from newsbusters that you continually pawn off as "facts.... and I expose your latest lazy style modification where you post stupid cartoons instead of ever having to write anything....

You dislike me because every time you DO attempt to use your own words, you say something completely silly - like Iran and Al Qaeda will jointly rule Iraq against the will of the Iraqi people and then NEVER have the CLASS to either vigorously and intellectually defend your own words with more of your own words - or admit that you were caught blowing smoke out of your ass.

You don't like me because you KNOW I've got your number as an unintelligent hack who knows a precious little bit about a few things and tries to pawn himself off as a fucking expert on everything.

I don't like YOU because you are all those things and I find that pretty reprehensible behavior.:laugh2:

Dilloduck
07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Dillo get over it.

Yes maam---right away maam !!:laugh2:

Yurt
07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
has this become the PC board?

martin, a word of advice, stop playing board arbitrator. confucious say...man who get in middle get squashed....:) i never said i was innocent. debates are bound to get heated, but when someone lies or states something is wrong, they should get called on it.

anyways, back to thread

actsnoblemartin
07-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Yes sir, thanks for the advice yurt

Im growing weary :(- of tired to referee everyone.

I just feel sad watching people verbally spar, but i guess, i should just either leave the board, stay of certain thread, or take more self imposed mini vacations

but thank you, you are right.

martin, a word of advice, stop playing board arbitrator. confucious say...man who get in middle get squashed....:) i never said i was innocent. debates are bound to get heated, but when someone lies or states something is wrong, they should get called on it.

anyways, back to thread

actsnoblemartin
07-29-2008, 11:33 PM
yurt you are such a kind soul, most board members would have jumped down my throat, for being annoying, but you are still kind.

You are right, i need to put a cork in it

anyways, back to thread

DragonStryk72
07-30-2008, 12:30 AM
For those that are geninely interested the following represents the general agenda of the Democratic Party:

1. Honest Government

2. Real Security

3. Energy Independence

4. Economic Prosperity

5. Affordable Healthcare

6. Retirement Security

7. Protecting Our Environment

8. Civil Rights and Justice

9. Election Reform

10. Immigration reform

Much more found here: http://www.democrats.org/a/2008/07/listening_to_am.php

These items represent only general focus and will include many, many more programs and areas of interest to the people of the United States Of America.

I'll be watching closely to see that the party stays on track to ascertain these core values.

And what have they done to these ends? If you have to look it up, then it isn't happening. There's a marked difference between what they say, and what they actuallly do. Sure, Obama talks an amazing game, I give him that one, but point to one thing, just one thing he has actually done that was a priority of his in this campaign? Well, he waffled on FISA, as we already know.

This is not to say that the Republicans are doing any better, to be clear, but this thread's about the Democratic platform.

My main issue with their platform is that it is born of a naive, if well meaning line of thought that the government can do better with an individual's life choices than the individual themselves. This, of course, fails time and again (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, No Child Left Behind, welfare, take your pick), but yet, it is always passed off, or put on "the other team's" shoulders, it's all "their" fault. Now, you're telling me honestly that in the past 30 years that, even when they had a majority, they could not get things into the shape they wanted? Well, if that's true then they are incompetant. They bragged so much in 06 about how much they would change when they got in, and what's changed? The weather.

When the Dems can find the balls to dig in and fight for their own beliefs, then, and only then will they begin to find their footing again.

red states rule
07-30-2008, 07:56 AM
my post is neither whining no any sort of temper tantrum. The crowd doesn't "like" me on here because I speak my mind and am not afraid to go up against packs of conservatives at once.

YOU don't like me because I expose the your vapor thin depth of knowledge about nearly everything upon which you pontificate....I expose your lazy posting style that relies nearly entirely on cut and past op-eds from newsbusters that you continually pawn off as "facts.... and I expose your latest lazy style modification where you post stupid cartoons instead of ever having to write anything....

You dislike me because every time you DO attempt to use your own words, you say something completely silly - like Iran and Al Qaeda will jointly rule Iraq against the will of the Iraqi people and then NEVER have the CLASS to either vigorously and intellectually defend your own words with more of your own words - or admit that you were caught blowing smoke out of your ass.

You don't like me because you KNOW I've got your number as an unintelligent hack who knows a precious little bit about a few things and tries to pawn himself off as a fucking expert on everything.

I don't like YOU because you are all those things and I find that pretty reprehensible behavior.:laugh2:

I outlined clearly why I do not like you - you are an obnoxious, overbearing, conceited, arrogant, sanctimonious jerk

Also, you have a serious problem admitting uou are wrong. You play the Clinton word games to wiggle off the hook

retiredman
07-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I outlined clearly why I do not like you - you are an obnoxious, overbearing, conceited, arrogant, sanctimonious jerk

Also, you have a serious problem admitting uou are wrong. You play the Clinton word games to wiggle off the hook

cut and paste.
one liners.

and you stick your foot in your mouth every time you try to venture away from that formula.... your Iran/AQ pronouncement comes to mind... one which you have never explained or retracted.:laugh2:

you're a joke.

red states rule
07-30-2008, 08:06 AM
cut and paste.
one liners.

and you stick your foot in your mouth every time you try to venture away from that formula.... your Iran/AQ pronouncement comes to mind... one which you have never explained or retracted.:laugh2:

you're a joke.

This angry so early in the morning?

http://www.deucesblog.com/calvin2.jpg

retiredman
07-30-2008, 08:31 AM
This angry so early in the morning?

http://www.deucesblog.com/calvin2.jpg

I'm not angry at all. I love how you run away from your mistakes. It gives me a chuckle to start the day.:laugh2: thanks!

red states rule
07-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm not angry at all. I love how you run away from your mistakes. It gives me a chuckle to start the day.:laugh2: thanks!

Looking at this thread and others as well, you are the track star here, not me

retiredman
07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Looking at this thread and others as well, you are the track star here, not me

I have not run from anything on this thread. I understand the democratic platform and I support it. I defend it here and have not run away. You, on the other hand have been running away from your Iran/AQ silliness since the day you first said it.

keep running!:lol:

Yurt
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
is someone asserting that iran and al qaeda do not and have never had any ties or links? did i miss a thread on this?

retiredman
07-30-2008, 10:46 AM
is someone asserting that iran and al qaeda do not and have never had any ties or links? did i miss a thread on this?

RSR has previously asserted that, the minute we leave, Iran and Al Qaeda will jointly take over Iraq and rule the country against the will of the Iraqi people. He has stated that Al Qaeda would run the Iraqi oil industry along with Iran and use the proceeds from the sale of oil to finance their worldwide terrorist operations. He has also said that, under that scenario, Al Qaeda would use all of Iraq as a giant terrorist training complex.

And if you have any links that detail any connection between Al Qaeda and Iran that would lay the groundwork for, or validate the existence of for such sunni/shiite nefarious cooperation, I would love to see them. Even McCain has corrected himself whenever he tried to suggest that Iran was aiding Al Qaeda in Iraq, when, in fact, the only groups that they are aiding in Iraq are shiite militias.

Yurt
07-30-2008, 10:54 AM
9/11 Commission Finds Ties Between al-Qaeda and Iran

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,664967,00.html

Al-Qaeda linked to operations from Iran
By Stephen Fidler in London

Published: July 6 2007 22:04 | Last updated: July 6 2007 22:04

Evidence that Iranian territory is being used as a base by al-Qaeda to help in terrorist operations in Iraq and elsewhere is growing, say western officials.

It is not clear how much the al-Qaeda operation, described by one official as a money and communications hub, is being tolerated or encouraged by the Iranian government, they said.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9cc4d5f4-2be3-11dc-b498-000b5df10621.html

i don't think anyone truly knows the exact relationship between iran and AQ. to say there is no relationship is presumptious. you do not believe the enemy of my enemy applies, however, others do not share that view. also, iran probably has many levels in the government, in that, it would not be surprising if very high level iranians assisted AQ in order to further their goals. i would be loathe to dismiss any relationship and consider all possibilities so as not to be caught unaware.

retiredman
07-30-2008, 11:02 AM
"Evidence that Iranian territory is being used as a base by al-Qaeda"

American territory was used by a base of operations by Al Qaeda prior to 9/11. Are you suggesting that the American GOVERNMENT had any relationship with AQ?

and what do you have to say about RSR's crazy suggestion? Can't quite find it in you to criticize the ideas of your "PAL" eh?

Yurt
07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
i provided links for cooperation, you of course ignored the 9/11 commission...

my links and my explanation are satisfactory, if you don't like it, not my problem and your gratuitous insults as to what i should say to RSR are uncalled for and add nothing to the converstation. boooring.

retiredman
07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
i provided links for cooperation, you of course ignored the 9/11 commission...

my links and my explanation are satisfactory, if you don't like it, not my problem and your gratuitous insults as to what i should say to RSR are uncalled for and add nothing to the converstation. boooring.

I QUOTED the 9/11 commission:

and I went on to ask you about that word territory:

American territory was used by a base of operations by Al Qaeda prior to 9/11. Are you suggesting that the American GOVERNMENT had any relationship with AQ?

are you going to answer that question? or maybe you really don't care to add anything to the conversation yourself and, instead, only want to continue to be a prissy little ninny who nitpicks like an oxpecker on a hippo's back?

and if you really find my posts so boooring, please, feel free to not respond to them!:poke::poke::poke:

Yurt
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
prissy little ninny who nitpicks like an oxpecker on a hippo's back?

:rolleyes:

more gratuitous insults from the one who complains about others doing such

boooring

retiredman
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM

more gratuitous insults from the one who complains about others doing such

boooring

gonna run away from the question, I see.

typical

and it is not meant as an insult yurt, it is only my opinion as to who you emulate.

red states rule
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I QUOTED the 9/11 commission:

and I went on to ask you about that word territory:

are you going to answer that question? or maybe you really don't care to add anything to the conversation yourself and, instead, only want to continue to be a prissy little ninny who nitpicks like an oxpecker on a hippo's back?

and if you really find my posts so boooring, please, feel free to not respond to them!:poke::poke::poke:

Thanks for proving what I said in post 59 was 100% correct

Yurt
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM

not an insult...dude *shakes head*

you facking lying pussy wanna be tick on a boar's homosexual ass

oh, thats not an insult, just my opinion :laugh2:

red states rule
07-30-2008, 11:40 AM

Yurt, that is MFM's way of showing you his "respect" :laugh2:

Immanuel
07-30-2008, 11:49 AM

Perhaps because with you we expect it to make a difference? Maybe we see in you hope for a change, not like Obama, a real hope. :)

Immie

82Marine89
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM

If you think you are better than others or deserve special treatment because of your service to this country than you should never have served, because that is not why we do it. For someone who claims to be so smart, you don't know shit about serving this country.

red states rule
07-30-2008, 11:55 AM
If you think you are better than others or deserve special treatment because of your service to this country than you should never have served, because that is not why we do it. For someone who claims to be so smart, you don't know shit about serving this country.

To MFM, anyone calling him on the insults he has made toward the troops, anyone who calls him on his party before all else, or anyone who calls him on his lies and word games he pulls out his shields - "my service, my courage, my patriotism or my integrity."

red states rule
07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/129721.jpg

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:14 PM

why do you continue to avoid the question?????

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:16 PM

I have never suggested that I deserve any special treatment because of my service. It seems to me that you don't know shit about reading the fucking english language....but then, I forget... you ARE a jarhead!

red states rule
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I have never suggested that I deserve any special treatment because of my service. It seems to me that you don't know shit about reading the fucking english language....but then, I forget... you ARE a jarhead!

Once again, MFM shows his "respect" for members of the US military

http://www.auburn.edu/~murraba/elucid/baby,crying,tantrum.jpg

Immanuel
07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Once again, MFM shows his "respect" for members of the US military

Oh please!!

Jarhead is nothing but a term of endearment.

Immie

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
seeing as you never served YOUR country, you would not have a clue about the special relationship between squids and jarheads. why not stay out of conversations in which you are clueless? Oh I know why...that would mean you'd disappear!

red states rule
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh please!!

Jarhead is nothing but a term of endearment.

Immie

This did come from the guy who called the troops in Iraq infidels

It seems to me that you don't know shit about reading the fucking english language....but then, I forget... you ARE a jarhead

Looks like another example of MFM's "respect"

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:27 PM

to the people in Iraq, our troops ARE infidels. That is just a fact. IT is not a slur in any way. We are a buch of non-muslims occupying a muslim nation.

and you were, of course, wrong about jarhead being anything disrespectful, because you, of course, never served and have no knowledge of the term.

pathetic.

red states rule
07-30-2008, 12:29 PM
to the people in Iraq, our troops ARE infidels. That is just a fact. IT is not a slur in any way. We are a buch of non-muslims occupying a muslim nation.

and you were, of course, wrong about jarhead being anything disrespectful, because you, of course, never served and have no knowledge of the term.

pathetic.

Thanks for repeating the slur about the troops. At least now you are following in the footsteps of your party leaders - you are no longer trying to hide the contempt you have for the US military for winning in Iraq and screweing up your thirst for defeat in Iraq

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:30 PM

It seems to me that you don't know shit about reading the fucking english language....but then, I forget... you ARE a jarhead

and I wonder why you did not criticize the marine for his comments to me? Why don't THEY fall under your definition of disrespect to the military? Or do you just comment on the "disrespect" shown to republicans and not democrats?
party over country for you, eh?:laugh2:

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks for repeating the slur about the troops. At least now you are following in the footsteps of your party leaders - you are no longer trying to hide the contempt you have for the US military for winning in Iraq and screweing up your thirst for defeat in Iraq

ho hum...it is not a slur. it is fact. our troops, by and large are non-muslims. Non muslims in a muslim land are considered infidels by the inhabitants. you got anything else on topic or are you stuck on repeat with this dead horse?

Immanuel
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM

Actually, to Muslims we are considered infidels. Personally, I would wear the term as a badge of honor. I didn't see MFM's statement about them being infidels, but I imagine it had something to do with how they are seen by the enemy.

Immie

{edit} having seen the above by MFM, it is exactly as I thought. His was not a slur on the American Soldier, but rather using the term as it would be used by a muslim. We are in fact, infidels according to Muslims. Something we should be proud of.

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Actually, to Muslims we are considered infidels. Personally, I would wear the term as a badge of honor. I didn't see MFM's statement about them being infidels, but I imagine it had something to do with how they are seen by the enemy.

Immie

exactly, Immie. thanks. now watch out... RSR will now start saying that you are slurring the troops!:laugh2:

red states rule
07-30-2008, 12:35 PM

Immie

In his first post, MFM called them our infidel troops. Only after several posts of being called on the slur did he come up with his lame ass excuse for his slur

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
In his first post, MFM called them our infidel troops. Only after several posts of being called on the slur did he come up with his lame ass excuse for his slur

no excuse. we ARE infidels in Iraq. Immie just got done saying so.
Is HE slurring the troops too?

red states rule
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
no excuse. we ARE infidels in Iraq. Immie just got done saying so.
Is HE slurring the troops too?

You used it as a slur and insult toward the troops

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/126316.jpg

retiredman
07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
You used it as a slur and insult toward the troops

prove it.

LIAR

red states rule
07-30-2008, 01:00 PM
prove it.

LIAR

Your original post - you used it a slur

Here is your original post - and you used it as a slur

what about having American infidel troops on the ground in Iraq for some period of time longer than they have been do you think will cause sunnis and shiites in Iraq to NOT want to kill one another? Or is it all just crossing our fingers and holding on to that glimmer of hope that people that have hated each other for a millenium will miraculously agree to have a big group hug and create a multicultural jeffersonian democrachy simply because our troops have shown them the light?

retiredman
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Your original post - you used it a slur

Here is your original post - and you used it as a slur

what about having American infidel troops on the ground in Iraq for some period of time longer than they have been do you think will cause sunnis and shiites in Iraq to NOT want to kill one another? Or is it all just crossing our fingers and holding on to that glimmer of hope that people that have hated each other for a millenium will miraculously agree to have a big group hug and create a multicultural jeffersonian democrachy simply because our troops have shown them the light?

that is a lie. you chose to read it as a slur, because that is one of the ways you can demonize me and avoid debating me. IT is not a slur. We ARE infidel troops in Iraq. But keep it up. it is moronic and repetitious, and it avoids discussing issues.... but that is exactly what you're famous for.

red states rule
07-30-2008, 01:50 PM
that is a lie. you chose to read it as a slur, because that is one of the ways you can demonize me and avoid debating me. IT is not a slur. We ARE infidel troops in Iraq. But keep it up. it is moronic and repetitious, and it avoids discussing issues.... but that is exactly what you're famous for.

What is a lie? That it is not your first post where you called the troops or infidels. or that you did not mean it as a slur?

Or both perhaps?

retiredman
07-30-2008, 01:52 PM
What is a lie? That it is not your first post where you called the troops or infidels. or that you did not mean it as a slur?

Or both perhaps?

IT certainly is my first post. It was not used - or meant - as a slur. It is fact. Our troops are infidels to the citizens of the country they occupy.

red states rule
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
IT certainly is my first post. It was not used - or meant - as a slur. It is fact. Our troops are infidels to the citizens of the country they occupy.

So now the are not only infidels but occupiers and not the liberaters they really are

You just keep digging yourself deeper

retiredman
07-30-2008, 01:57 PM
So now the are not only infidels but occupiers and not the liberaters they really are

You just keep digging yourself deeper

they are occupying Iraq now, are they not? they are not controlling the streets of Baghdad remotely from Germany are they?

Like I said... calling them infidels in Iraq is not a slur.... and it certainly was not meant as a slur.

you are really getting pretty desparate here!:laugh2:

MtnBiker
07-30-2008, 02:00 PM
closed