PDA

View Full Version : DAV Yanks Cheney Invite Over Security Demands

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Man, lil' dickey is some kind of paranoid, ain't he?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!

Injured vets tell pull Dick Cheney invitation over security demands
By James Gordon Meek
Daily News Washington Bureau

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 11:55 PM

Ceneta/AP

Vice President Cheney was told to get lost by Disabled American Veterans, which had invited him to its convention next month.
WASHINGTON - Vice President Cheney's invitation to address wounded combat veterans next month has been yanked because the group felt his security demands were Draconian and unreasonable.

The veep had planned to speak to the Disabled American Veterans at 8:30 a.m. at its August convention in Las Vegas.

His staff insisted the sick vets be sequestered for two hours before Cheney's arrival and couldn't leave until he'd finished talking, officials confirmed.

"Word got back to us ... that this would be a prerequisite," said the veterans executive director, David Gorman, who noted the meeting hall doesn't have any rest rooms. "We told them it just wasn't acceptable." ............

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/07/27/2008-07-27_injured_vets_tell_pull_dick_cheney_invit.html

If Cheney knew more about the injuries and ailments of Veterans he would be more accomodating, don't cha think?

stephanie
07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
:lol:

Someone must be hard up for something to post, when they start posting from sites that reads like the Star or Enquirer magazine..

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry you missed it, stevie. It's an AP story reprinted from the New York Daily rag. I would imagine it can be found in more well known rags but maybe not in Alaska. The Fairbanks Feud doesn't do AP do they?

Someone must be hard up for something to post, when they start posting from sites that reads like the Star or Enquirer magazine..

stephanie
07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Sorry you missed it, stevie. It's an AP story reprinted from the New York Daily rag. I would imagine it can be found in more well known rags but maybe not in Alaska. The Fairbanks Feud doesn't do AP do they?

well then why didn't you post the AP story? could it be because it didn't have enough slimy shit added into it, like the story you posted from the dailynews RAG..

And I'm not in Alaska...I'm in Missouri..but they have a liberal rag here, as bad as the Fairbanks paper was..:laugh2:

Little-Acorn
07-28-2008, 04:12 PM
It's an AP story reprinted from the New York Daily rag.
No, it's a story written by Daily News staff. AP never touched it. Only the photo is from AP, a standard file photo. The News dug until they found the worst-looking one they could find. Standard yellow journalism, boosted by little psychoblues as "news".

Stephanie was right again. And pychoblues... well... business as usual.

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
So, now you're saying it didn't happen? I continue to believe it did. I'm certain I will read further about it when I get my next DAV mag. But, maybe not. I still think the lil' dickey is too demanding and too paranoid.

No, it's a story written by Daily News staff. AP never touched it. Only the photo is from AP, a standard file photo. The News dug until they found the worst-looking one they could find. Standard yellow journalism, boosted by little psychoblues as "news".

Stephanie was right again. And pychoblues... well... business as usual.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

stephanie
07-28-2008, 04:28 PM

BUSTED

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Here's a couple more links to basically the same information. Maybe you will find one or more of them to be more to your liking?!?!??!?

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfJUL08/nf072908-1.htm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/presidentbush/2008/07/disabled-vets-t.html

Busted's ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!