PDA

View Full Version : Liberalnation - Your avatar

jimnyc
03-09-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm curious behind your reasoning to use the burning of the American flag as your avatar. Do you fully understand what our flag represents, and that many men and women have given their lives to defend that very flag?

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

"The star is a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun."

http://www.usflag.org/colors.html

I am the flag of the United States of America . . . My name is Old Glory.

I fly atop the world's tallest buildings. I stand watch in America's halls of justice. I fly majestically over great institutes of learning. I stand guard with the greatest military power in the world.
Look up! And see me!

I stand for peace, honor, truth, and justice . . . I stand for freedom . . . I am confident . . . I am arrogant . . . I am proud.

When I am flown with my fellow banners . . . My head is a little higher . . . My colors a little truer. I bow to no one.

I am recognized all over the world. I am worshipped . . . I am saluted . . . I am respected . . . I am revered . . . I am loved . . . And I am feared.

I have fought every battle of every war for more than 200 years . . . Gettysburg, Shilo, Appomatox, San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome, the beaches of Normandy, the deserts of Africa, the cane fields of the Philippines, the rice paddies and jungles of Guam, Okinawa, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Guadalcanal New Britain, Peleliu, and many more islands.

And a score of places long forgotten by all but those who were with me.

I was there.

I led my soldiers . . . I followed them . . . I watched over them . . . They loved me.

I was on a small hill in Iwo Jima.

I was dirty, battle-worn and tired, but my soldiers cheered me, and I was proud.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries I have helped set free.

It does not hurt, for I am invincible.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my country, and when it is by those with whom I have served in battle - it hurts. But I shall overcome - for I am strong.

I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stand watch over the uncharted new frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon. I have been a silent witness to all of America's finest hours.

But my finest hour comes when I am torn into strips to be used for bandages for my wounded comrades on the field of battle . . . When I fly at half mast to honor my soldiers . . . And when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving mother at the graveside of her fallen son.

I am proud.
My name is Old Glory.
Dear God - Long may I wave.

http://www.usa-patriotism.com/poems/old_glory1.htm

stephanie
03-09-2007, 07:47 PM
:salute::clap:

krisy
03-09-2007, 08:02 PM
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Mr. P
03-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm curious behind your reasoning to use the burning of the American flag as your avatar. Do you fully understand what our flag represents, and that many men and women have given their lives to defend that very flag?

I’ve been silently pissed about this.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm curious behind your reasoning to use the burning of the American flag as your avatar.
I said in that thread if I wanted to piss people off/offend them i would use an upside down or burning flag as my avatar. So now I am to one up the avatar people thought was so offensive they need to comment on it.

Nice story about the flag by the way but it's just a symbol that means nothing on its own. A piece of colored fabric is not what America(ns) have been fighting and dying for. If the US chose a different flag it would have the same power.

manu1959
03-09-2007, 08:22 PM
the flag by the way but it's just a symbol that means nothing on its own.

please don't make shit up

jackass
03-09-2007, 08:23 PM
You are a moron.

jimnyc
03-09-2007, 08:23 PM
I said in that thread if I wanted to piss people off/offend them i would use an upside down or burning flag as my avatar. So now I am to one up the avatar people thought was so offensive they need to comment on it.

Nice story about the flag by the way but it's just a symbol that means nothing on its own. A piece of colored fabric is not what America(ns) have been fighting and dying for. If the US chose a different flag it would have the same power.

The American Flag is "just a symbol" and means nothing on its own? Wow, I can't believe I just read that from another American. It symbolizes everything this great nation is about, what we strive for, and what many have died for.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:24 PM
So are you.

stephanie
03-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh My.....

Heartbreaking..

:salute:

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:25 PM
The American Flag is "just a symbol" and means nothing on its own? Wow, I can't believe I just read that from another American. It symbolizes everything this great nation is about, what we strive for, and what many have died for.
If they died for a piece of colored fabric they may have a problem. It's the idea of America that matter. Not what symbol we use to represent it. Nationalism to the extreme on this board can't be good if you can't look at a picture over the internet with out being pissed enough to wish voilence on someone.

krisy
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
If the flag itself means nothing on its own,then why bother burning it,or putting up a pic of it being burned?

Pale Rider
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM

No, you're fucking wrong. The flag embodies ALL that is AMERICAN, and you're ROTTEN avatar is SHITTING on it. That makes YOU a person that SHIT'S ON AMERICA. You're a fucking piece of SHIT! What the hell are you doing here? Why don't you go to CHINA and BURN a Chinese flag? They'll fucking THROW YOUR FILTHY ASS IN JAIL! So all the while you piece of shit liberals think you're being cute with this "BURN THE AMERICAN FLAG" business, you're defiling the symbol of the VERY REASON WHY YOU'RE FREE! You PUTRID BASTARD! You're NOT fucking cute. You're just a cock sucking bag of PISS! Low life mother fucker.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:29 PM
If the flag itself means nothing on its own,then why bother burning it,or putting up a pic of it being burned?
Like I said to top my other flag that all these True blue Americans thought was sooo offensive.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Why don't you go to CHINA and BURN a Chinese flag there? They'll fucking THROW YOUR FILTHY ASS IN JAIL!
So we should emulate china. Be just like China in this regard, would you be happy then.

But then that flag really wouldn’t mean shit anymore because America would then be just like the rest of the worlds countries putting its national flag on a pedastal and shooting anyone who didn’t.

Pale Rider
03-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Like I said to top my other flag that all these True blue Americans thought was sooo offensive.

Well guess what dog shit, you've got one day to take it down, or I'll do it for you.

krisy
03-09-2007, 08:34 PM

SO it's like a teen aged rebellion thing? Just do it to piss people off? I think my 12 year old is more mature than that to be honest

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Nice love how only conservative views are allowed on this board. Take it down for me then cuss I don't plan on it. I guessed you all would take it that way anyway.

jimnyc
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
If they died for a piece of colored fabric they may have a problem. It's the idea of America that matter. Not what symbol we use to represent it. Nationalism to the extreme on this board can't be good if you can't look at a picture over the internet with out being pissed enough to wish voilence on someone.

They died for what that flag symbolizes. They carried it in every war our great nation has ever been in, as a reminder of who they are and what they were fighting for. And I'm not sure what you read, but I don't see where I wished violence on you. I actually have sympathy for you. Anyone so young who can be so off kilter deserves sympathy. I know your liberal textbooks and teachers have taught you well about freedom of speech, but they should have spent a little more time informing you just how you got that right, and continue to have that right.

Pale Rider
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Nice love how only conservative views are allowed on this board. Take it down for me then cuss I don't plan on it. I guessed you all would take it that way anyway.

Burning the American flag is NOT art. It's the highest form of disrespect to our nation and all it is. If that's the way you feel about this country, then do us ALL a HUGE FAVOR and GET THE FUCK OUT. I hear france is a nice country with lots of liberals. Maybe they'd all appreciate you burning one of their flags when you get there. They'll pat you on the back and congratulate you on your progressiveness and liberalness.

manu1959
03-09-2007, 08:38 PM

the rainbow flag?......i want to know how the rainbow became gay? was it born that way or do it chose to be gay or was it forced to be gay?

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Why should I get out, I love America. Just not overly patriotic asshole on a political board waving a flag and demanding you do too.

jimnyc

Nobody said your viewpoint isn't allowed, we're just showing our displeasure with your avatar. It won't be removed, I promise you that. You can either do so on your own, or leave it up for all to see. Your choice. But I assure you that even most normal liberals don't think burning the American flag is appropriate. We expect that type of activity from some wackos in foreign nations, just not from other Americans.

LiberalNation
the rainbow flag?......i want to know how the rainbow became gay? was it born that way or do it chose to be gay or was it forced to be gay?
Gays chose it as their symbol just like the US chose the stars and stripes.

krisy
03-09-2007, 08:40 PM

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

stephanie
03-09-2007, 08:40 PM

What is your point???

What is it your trying to prove???

If you hate this country so much....why live here???

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Nobody said your viewpoint isn't allowed, we're just showing our displeasure with your avatar. It won't be removed, I promise you that. You can either do so on your own, or leave it up for all to see..
Okay then thanks. I'll take it down in a week like I planned on by the way.

manu1959
Gays chose it as their symbol just like the US chose the stars and stripes.

did you all consult the leprechauns and Greenpeace or did you just take it? seems pretty intolerant an insensitive to me...

jackass
She is a young ill informed moron.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:42 PM
If you hate this country so much....why live here???

Read above, I don't hate this country but i wont not use an avatar because some of you all have want to censor different views than your own. Not everyone has to love a flag to love the country.

krisy
03-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Read above, I don't hate this country but i wont not use an avatar because some of you all have want to censor different views than your own. Not everyone has to love a flag to love the country.

But the flag stands for that country you love. It's contradicting yourself

LiberalNation
did you all consult the leprechauns and Greenpeace or did you just take it? seems pretty intolerant an insensitive to me...
Leprechauns and Greenpeace are gay by themselves anyway so they prolly didn’t mind.

jackass
Not everyone has to love a flag to love the country.

No but you should respect it. Didnt your feel good teachers teach you that at least?

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:46 PM
But the flag stands for that country you love. It's contradicting yourself
Not really, if you don't think you have put a piece of fabric that people use to symbolize the country on a pedastal to love the country itself.

Pale Rider
03-09-2007, 08:46 PM

Just how in the HELL do you little young punks get SOOOOO fucked up in the mind? I can't imagine WHY the sight of a burning American flag DEOSN'T provoke OUTRAGE in you. You MUST hate this country, or NOT have a patriotic bone in your body.

Tell you what... go join the Marines, then see if that sight doesn't make you SICK!

jimnyc
03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Liberalnation - do you realize you insult every veteran and current miltary personnel with your avatar? We have plenty of veterans on this board, do you not care that you insult them purposely? You may not believe in what it symbolizes, but some here on this very board have risked their lives for what you think is just a piece of fabric. I ask you to please rethink your position on this. I know you're young, but I believe as you get older you'll understand a bit more why so many feel the way they do about our flag. Trust me, it's WAY more than just a symbol.

krisy
03-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Leprechauns and Greenpeace are gay by themselves anyway so they prolly didn’t mind.

Are you saying the guy on the Lucky Charms box is gay?!!!! :poke: :salute:

manu1959
03-09-2007, 08:48 PM

so what you are saying is you took another groups symbol without asking, insulted them and expect to be treated with respect that you do not give others....nice

also, i think the straight leprechauns will take exception to your insensitive remark....i know for a fact that several french gils that are members of green peace are not gay.....

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
I can't imagine WHY the sight of a burning American flag DEOSN'T provoke OUTRAGE in you. You MUST hate this country, or NOT have a patriotic bone in your body.
But you can if it's blacks being offended by the confederate flag, or Jews being offended by a swastika, ect. You're not sensitive to others views but you expect them to be sensitive to yours.

stephanie
03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
You can get anything you want from this country...
The best education
The best health care
Freedom

People die trying to get in here from other oppressive countries...

Yet you can't find it within yourself to be patriotic for it and it's symbol of honor...

Very sad..

:salute:

manu1959
03-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Are you saying the guy on the Lucky Charms box is gay?!!!! :poke: :salute:

i heard he was magically delicious :laugh2:

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Liberalnation - do you realize you insult every veteran and current miltary personnel with your avatar? We have plenty of veterans on this board, do you not care that you insult them purposely?
Well considering many of those veterans have no problem insulting others purposely with the things they say about groups of people in this country and the pictures they use, no I don't care. Total double standard if you ask me and like I said I will take it down in a little while. Hope none of your eyes burn out in the meantime.

manu1959
But you can if it's blacks being offended by the confederate flag, or Jews being offended by a swastika, ect. You're not sensitive to others views but you expect them to be sensitive to yours.

you are the one being insesitve....or are you justifying your insensitivity because the KKK took the confed flag and made it theirs......hey wait that is what you did with my rainbow.....and you just told me to fuck off....

therefore fags are no better than the KKK...

i win!

Mr. P
I said in that thread if I wanted to piss people off/offend them i would use an upside down or burning flag as my avatar. ....

Why? Why would you want to do that? I don't understand. Why would you want to piss people off or offend them?

I understand protest, but you state you only want to piss people off or offend. I don’t get it.

There are many here that have served this Country with honor, I am one. I am also one who is very disturbed and sad that I served for you.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:54 PM
lol whatever you say manu.

krisy
03-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Not really, if you don't think you have put a piece of fabric that people use to symbolize the country on a pedastal to love the country itself.

What i'm struggling to understand is WHY WHY WHY? If you love the country,is burning the flag,for you,just to get a rise out of people. Like jim said,THINK about what people have been through with this flag? My grandpa(WW2) and father in law gaffer(Vietnam) being two of them

LiberalNation
I am also one who is very disturbed and sad that I served for you.
Well you may not have depending on the war you fought. Just because the government supports a war doesn't mean it's for the good of the people.

jimnyc
Well considering many of those veterans have no problem insulting others purposely with the things they say about groups of people in this country and the pictures they use, no I don't care. Total double standard if you ask me and like I said I will take it down in a little while. Hope none of your eyes burn out in the meantime.

It's not burning my eyes, it's lowering my respect for you. And whether others insult you or not, you are insulting a lot more than just those who post here, like every soldier that has ever given his life to defend the flag. And yes, I respect everyone who posts here, but I cannot respect someone that supports the burning of the flag that represents our nation.

stephanie
03-09-2007, 08:57 PM
It's not burning my eyes, it's lowering my respect for you. And whether others insult you or not, you are insulting a lot more than just those who post here, like every soldier that has ever given his life to defend the flag. And yes, I respect everyone who posts here, but I cannot respect someone that supports the burning of the flag that represents our nation.

:clap:

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Not if that soldier would have no problem with the people of this country being allowed the freedom he/her fought for. Which wouldn't be all of them but some might.

and I didn't come here expecting respect.

krisy
03-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Why? Why would you want to do that? I don't understand. Why would you want to piss people off or offend them?

I understand protest, but you state you only want to piss people off or offend. I don’t get it.

There are many here that have served this Country with honor, I am one. I am also one who is very disturbed and sad that I served for you.

Because it's all about getting a rise apparently. Maybe LN should move somewhere that doesn't have men and women so dedicated to freedom and their country.....see what it's like to live without someone to defend so called freedom of speech.

immaturity is all it is apparently

Pale Rider
03-09-2007, 09:07 PM

The Confederate flag was a battle flag. The swastika symbolizes the mass murder of MILLIONS of jews. Are you saying the American flag stands for slavery or mass murder? Are you that fucked up junior?

By the way, this is what happened to the last anti-American piece of shit that tried to burn an American flag in front of me...

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2048/goodshot1zw6.jpg

trobinett
03-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Come on people, the bitch is just fucking with ya.

She doesn't even know what history is behind the flag, or what it means.

Pay NO attention.

Like a bad smell she will float away................

manu1959
03-09-2007, 09:08 PM
lol whatever you say manu.

i got "whatevered" .... i like totaly won!

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 09:12 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2048/goodshot1zw6.jpg
That's nice. So you facist want to kill all those who hold contrary views to your own. Not to mention most all people would find that picture wayyy more offence than a burning flag picture.

Mr. P
03-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Come on people, the bitch is just fucking with ya.

She doesn't even know what history is behind the flag, or what it means.

Pay NO attention.

Like a bad smell she will float away................

A pimple faced fat girl that can't get a date on Friday night, yea think?

manu1959
03-09-2007, 09:14 PM
That's nice. So you facist want to kill all those who hold contrary views to your own. Not to mention most all people would find that picture wayyy more offence than a burning flag picture.

hey you took the leprecahns flag and made it the symbol of anal sex, balls on chin, strap ons and carpet munching .... then called all those vertically challenged green men gay.....you are one to talk

manu1959
03-09-2007, 09:16 PM

stop it......you are making me hot

Pale Rider
03-09-2007, 09:16 PM

You just don't get it do you? Your "views" are welcome. Burning the American flag ISN'T a "view", it's an act of disrespect to our nation and it's people. The "HIGHEST" form of disrespect. What fucking part about that don't you fucking understand? Please, show me you're not really THAT fucking STUPID!

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Doubt it, wana a picture. I may not be a beauty queen but I sure ain't fat.

trobinett
03-09-2007, 09:18 PM
No can do Pale, stupid IS as stupid DOES..................

trobinett
03-09-2007, 09:19 PM

NO, we don't want a fucking picture...............

:pee: off.

Pale Rider
03-09-2007, 09:21 PM

You could be the best looking thing on earth and be dumber than a sack of piss, i.e., Anne Smith.

You're proving that in spades right now... :cow:

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 09:21 PM
:pee: off.
Now why would I wana do that.

trobinett
03-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Now why would I wana do that.

You REALLY ARE DUMB.

:fu:

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 09:23 PM
and.

trobinett
03-09-2007, 09:27 PM
and.

STUPID............:slap:

stephanie
03-09-2007, 09:28 PM
and.

disrespectful..

And I find it's hopeless trying to talk to you..

You might want to check out..

Du underground...
Their all on your level...:poke:

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I'd be banned there. I'm not liberal enough.

manu1959
03-09-2007, 09:34 PM
and.

i find it ironic that someone that claims to be gay and demands fair, equal, tollerant and accepting behaviour for others ..... thinks it is just fine to be rude .... i bet you wonder why this type of behaviour does not get you more support in achieving the gay agenda?

Mr. P
03-09-2007, 09:35 PM

Sure put it in the AV spot. Lets see ya.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 09:35 PM
No more rude than anyone else.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Sure put it in the AV spot. Lets see ya.
K

Abbey Marie
03-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Didn't you say you saw Flags of Our Fathers? If so, you need to watch it again, this time with your eyes open and your brain truly engaged. Perhaps then you may see the connection between that "symbol" and the sacrifices made for it.

Mr. P
03-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Nothing more than a troll. Not 17 years old either, where ya from LN, USMB or U.S Politics?

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 10:16 PM
You're parniod and wrong.

shattered
03-09-2007, 10:20 PM

Doesn't matter how ugly you are on the outside. You're downright disgraceful on the inside.

Mr. P
03-09-2007, 10:26 PM
You're parniod and wrong.

Really. you said, K. So where's the pic?

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Really. you said, K. So where's the pic?

You don't have a members pic thread and I don't see anyone else. Don't really feel comfortable posting it here anyways after I thought about. I'm sure people here can be plenty crual and I don't need it.

shattered
03-09-2007, 10:30 PM
You don't have a members pic thread and I don't see anyone else. Don't really feel comfortable posting it here anyways after I thought about. I'm sure people here can be plenty crual and I don't need it.

Consider this your pic thread. Post it.

(removed)

Mr. P
03-09-2007, 10:34 PM

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Troll!

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Consider this your pic thread. Post it.

okay, taken last December

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9763/picture019uj7.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6391/picture020ci4.jpg

Abbey Marie
03-09-2007, 11:09 PM
You're so young to be wrong about so many things! But kudos for posting the pic.

KitchenKitten99
03-09-2007, 11:09 PM

thanks...I just snorted ginger ale thru my nose...

CockySOB
03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Nobody said your viewpoint isn't allowed, we're just showing our displeasure with your avatar. It won't be removed, I promise you that. You can either do so on your own, or leave it up for all to see. Your choice. But I assure you that even most normal liberals don't think burning the American flag is appropriate. We expect that type of activity from some wackos in foreign nations, just not from other Americans.

Well, perhaps from a child intent on stirring things up so she gets attention.

Sorry LN, you've run out of my goodwill. All you've done is troll, no matter how you try to rationalize it. It's the same kind of shit you stirred up elsewhere using a Confederate battle flag as your avatar. Perhaps someday you'll grow out of the need to be a troll,

stephanie
03-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Your also so young to be filled with so much hate...

Hopefully as you grow, you will grow out of some of that..

Good Luck...I think your going to need it..

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 11:21 PM
It's the same kind of shit you stirred up elsewhere using a Confederate battle flag as your avatar. Perhaps someday you'll grow out of the need to be a troll,

Nice, coming from a person who also used the confederate flag on that board. :slap:

OCA
03-09-2007, 11:26 PM

Oooooh you are a fucking mutt!:puke: Do you wear patchouli oil? Do you shave your legs and pits?

This little child has no clue about America, sacrifice etc. etc. etc., she has ben wholly coopted by a lib educational system, sad thing is she will be voting in '08 but has no clue about politics.

CockySOB
03-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Nice, coming from a person who also used the confederate flag on that board. :slap:

Excuse me little girl, but I use the Confederate flag for the same reasons Gunny already mentioned. And you NEVER see me using an avatar like you have. Once again, grow up or get lost. Frankly you're a little attention whore, and that seems all you care to be. I gave you the benefit of the doubt at first, but as far as I'm concerned, you're a waste of bandwidth.

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 11:28 PM
K then stop replying to my posts. How do ya get rid of a troll......

OCA
03-09-2007, 11:31 PM
This little child has me wanting to stroll into the local public high school and beat the fucking piss out of the first civics/current affairs teacher I ran into, chances are better than 90% he/she would be hoisting the same unfounded and unfactual views upon his students.

Lib, you think Chris Columbus was a bad guy?

Hobbit
03-09-2007, 11:48 PM
LN, I can see what you're trying to do, and it doesn't make you edgy, smart, clever, or 'cutting edge.' What it makes you, is an ignoranus. You come onto the board, insult a flag that some of our ancestors fought and died for, try to tell us how racist we are for not being ashamed of it (though not as bad as Gabby), then, to prove your point, you take a symbol that some of us have personally fought and died for, then desecrate it, as if to equate the desecration of a symbol that several generations have bled for to the symbol of a fallen nation that one generation bled for. You have gone far over the edgy. Your analogy is stupid and wrong, not to mention a personal insult to me and everyone who has ever fought for this country.

Under the first ammendment, you have the right to do whatever you want to the flag, but that also means you can weave a fine tapestry of profanties in front of a group of toddlers. It doesn't make it right. Now, seeing as how you won't see any reason in this argument and are instead determined to thumb your nose at us to see all of our neanderthal reactions just so you can retire back to your ivory tower, secure in the idea that you are above and and more enlightened than we unwashed masses who would be so offended over a bit of cloth, I'm going to ensure that your non-right of having your foolish view be heard. This is the last you will hear from me to you until that thing goes down. It's not even worth it to neg-rep you. You'd probably see it as a badge of honor.

I don't think you hate America. I don't think you wish us all harm. I don't think you would intentionally aid our enemies. I think you're a sophomoric idealist who thinks that lines are there to cross, that no cow is too sacred, that you are somehow more enlightened than the rest of the world, and that it is your job to educate the rest of us. I've been there. I know what it's like, and as I look back, I was just some stupid kid who had been decieved by my own delusions of superiority. You have a lot yet to learn, and the more you learn, the more you will realize you don't know. Until then, you need to show your elders respect and realize that they've been there, too, and they know what you will one day figure out.

P.S. Pale, as a member of this board, I respectfully request that you not direct post such graphic pictures without warning. I was scrolling through the thread and nearly puked. I wasn't as shocked as when I saw LN's 'justification' for the avatar, but I was quite disgusted. There may be a day when I see such scenes up close and personal, but It's not something I take any pleasure in, nor do I think it's necessary in this context.

KitchenKitten99
03-09-2007, 11:50 PM
LN reminds me a bit of me when I was her age. More hell-bent on going against the flow, solely for the sake of being different, not because I actually truly believed it all. I would go against something, just for the argument and being noticed as the 'rebel' or other voice. It was a subconscious way of getting attention, though many times it ended up being negative attention, not what I wanted, but I didn't understand why. I was outspoken on many issues, though I don't think I really fully understood them, because I would say my opinion based on what I thought would be the ideal solution for a more Utopian-like society (the many years of liberal indoctrination clearly successful) rather than common sense or even for the common good, and those opinions ended up contradicting themselves, or just downright unrealistic, now that I look back. But I was young and didn't know better.

From my observations, I see most liberals as either needing some sort of acceptance into a group or wanting to be looked up to or seen as the 'rebel' thus getting the spotlight when you didn't agree with the mainstream way of thinking because it is seen as cool to rebel on anything at that age-that feeling that maybe someone or even more than one person will look at you as cool because you go against the flow. It was seen as very uncool to be conservative in your beliefs. Republicans were supposedly the money-stealers from the poor, and always wanted to raise taxes, etc.

I'm probably rambling, but I hope I made the point.

Yurt
03-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Lay off the age thing. Through the mouths of babes... If not religious, then give it up. Older is not always wiser.

As to the flag:

Let me ask you this (all):

If this flag, this symbol burns or is hoisted upside down, will this destroy our country?

At summer camp, the rule was never, ever, drop the flag. NEVER. They did. The flag still went up. What say you?

As to making the flag a point:

LN: You make your rainbow flag and expect all to accept it. Yet, you will not accept the VERY flag that allows you the VERY freedom to post here with the upside down flag.

You have a right to protest, no doubt. The greatest leaders are those that have joined the people, not pissed them off as you so love to do. To bring together, there must be forgiveness. There must be understanding.

Yurt

KitchenKitten99
03-10-2007, 12:03 AM
LN, I can see what you're trying to do, and it doesn't make you edgy, smart, clever, or 'cutting edge.' What it makes you, is an ignoranus. You come onto the board, insult a flag that some of our ancestors fought and died for, try to tell us how racist we are for not being ashamed of it (though not as bad as Gabby), then, to prove your point, you take a symbol that some of us have personally fought and died for, then desecrate it, as if to equate the desecration of a symbol that several generations have bled for to the symbol of a fallen nation that one generation bled for. You have gone far over the edgy. Your analogy is stupid and wrong, not to mention a personal insult to me and everyone who has ever fought for this country.

Under the first ammendment, you have the right to do whatever you want to the flag, but that also means you can weave a fine tapestry of profanties in front of a group of toddlers. It doesn't make it right. Now, seeing as how you won't see any reason in this argument and are instead determined to thumb your nose at us to see all of our neanderthal reactions just so you can retire back to your ivory tower, secure in the idea that you are above and and more enlightened than we unwashed masses who would be so offended over a bit of cloth, I'm going to ensure that your non-right of having your foolish view be heard. This is the last you will hear from me to you until that thing goes down. It's not even worth it to neg-rep you. You'd probably see it as a badge of honor.

I don't think you hate America. I don't think you wish us all harm. I don't think you would intentionally aid our enemies. I think you're a sophomoric idealist who thinks that lines are there to cross, that no cow is too sacred, that you are somehow more enlightened than the rest of the world, and that it is your job to educate the rest of us. I've been there. I know what it's like, and as I look back, I was just some stupid kid who had been decieved by my own delusions of superiority. You have a lot yet to learn, and the more you learn, the more you will realize you don't know. Until then, you need to show your elders respect and realize that they've been there, too, and they know what you will one day figure out.

P.S. Pale, as a member of this board, I respectfully request that you not direct post such graphic pictures without warning. I was scrolling through the thread and nearly puked. I wasn't as shocked as when I saw LN's 'justification' for the avatar, but I was quite disgusted. There may be a day when I see such scenes up close and personal, but It's not something I take any pleasure in, nor do I think it's necessary in this context.
:clap:
along with reading this, I suggest she sees 'The Patriot' with Mel Gibson. While the base storyline is fictional, the fight and the war portrayal is by far the most accurate of the Revolutionary War, as has been said by many historians and critics. It will give her a good picture of what the people who fought for the freedom of this country went through.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 12:04 AM
I've seen it, shown last year in US history.

We watch a lot of movies. We were soldiers is what we're on now.

KitchenKitten99
03-10-2007, 12:09 AM
I've seen it, shown last year in US history.

We watch a lot of movies. We were soldiers is what we're on now.

no wonder your appreciation for your own country is lacking... Your teachers have you watch movies -mostly made by liberals- instead of having you do actual work.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 12:10 AM
We do plenty of work to. A homework or bioboard every week. Current event every 2 where you bring in a news story write a page on it then discuss in class. Plus notes and lecture.

KitchenKitten99
03-10-2007, 12:17 AM
But you just said you watch a lot of movies. Unless you have 1.5-2 hour classes, you would have to span these movies over a period of a week or two. How does that leave time for lectures? Even then most newspapers are liberally slanted, so how can you even get actual facts when they leave out just enough to make you think what they want you to.

How about doing an interview at the local VA hospital and talk to some actual veterans about what your opinions are, and see if you don't change them? You'll learn more from these men and women than you will ever learn in a government-funded liberal-indoctrination classroom.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
We spend half of the class on notes/lecture then the other half on the movie. The other stuff is all homework you do outside class.

Gaffer
03-10-2007, 01:34 AM
So your watching "We Were Soldiers". It's a very good movie. A little hollywooded up But I give them an 80 for accuracy. That's what I did when I was over there. Not that particular battle but many like it. You are able to burn the flag or do anything else you want with it because of people like me. Who you obviously have no respect for. Shame on you. You should show this thread to your parents and see what they think of what your doing.

It's still a free country so do as you will. Can I do anything to stop you, no. But I will cease responding to your posts from now on until you apologize to me and every other veteran on the board. You want to be treated like a little kid I will do so by ignoring you from now on.

Sitarro
03-10-2007, 06:32 AM
disrespectful..

And I find it's hopeless trying to talk to you..

You might want to check out..

Du underground...
Their all on your level...:poke:

She has, where do you think she saw the, oh so creative, way to display our nation's symbol? She is a child without any thoughts of her own, she thought her homo flag was pretty so she used that for awhile without having a clue what it meant, I'm sure she has no idea what she is saying with this flag either.

Roomy
03-10-2007, 08:08 AM
If it had been the flag of St George or the Union Jack I would have been livid.It has nothing to do with politics it is a symbol of a nation, if you burn the flag of any country it is guaranteed to have the desired effect, which is to incite anger and hatred.Muslims do it all the time, which is bad enough, but to have a fellow countryman burn his own flag is unbelievable to me.I imagine if you tried it in public you would be beaten to death before the flames went out.
I see you have changed it to an upside down flag now...whats next, a shit smeared flag?
Take it down.........NOW.......not in a weeks time or whenever you fucking feel like it, you are offending everybody, not just Americans..........take the fucker down.

shattered
03-10-2007, 08:30 AM
If it had been the flag of St George or the Union Jack I would have been livid.It has nothing to do with politics it is a symbol of a nation, if you burn the flag of any country it is guaranteed to have the desired effect, which is to incite anger and hatred.Muslims do it all the time, which is bad enough, but to have a fellow countryman burn his own flag is unbelievable to me.I imagine if you tried it in public you would be beaten to death before the flames went out.
I see you have changed it to an upside down flag now...whats next, a shit smeared flag?
Take it down.........NOW.......not in a weeks time or whenever you fucking feel like it, you are offending everybody, not just Americans..........take the fucker down.

...I'll...be...damned... :clap:

CSM
03-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Well you may not have depending on the war you fought. Just because the government supports a war doesn't mean it's for the good of the people.

And just because some people oppose a war does not mean it's good for the country....

LN, I don't care what avatar you choose to display but know this: if you fly a pirate's flag, you can damn well expect other ships to try to sink you without mercy. If you fly a pirates flag and are not really a pirate you will be sunk all the same.

Make no mistake, symbols have meaning and they are desecrated because they do have meaning. One who does such things should do so knowing that there are repurcussions. That some find your avatar offensive may make you happy, but you also have to be willing to suffer the exact reaction or worse that you hoped to generate.

shattered
03-10-2007, 08:39 AM

I know what that was.. You just said it to see if I'd rep you, right? Just said it to try and shock me? You can't actually say anything I'd honestly agree with...except that...and it was done for shock value, right? :coffee:

CSM
03-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Lay off the age thing. Through the mouths of babes... If not religious, then give it up. Older is not always wiser.
And younger is definitely not always smarter!
As to the flag:

Let me ask you this (all):

If this flag, this symbol burns or is hoisted upside down, will this destroy our country?

Symbolically, yes. That is the intent. I will save the whole pjilosophical discussion about spreading hate and fear for another thread. By the way, an upside down flag in some circles means someone is in dire straits and needs emergency help.

At summer camp, the rule was never, ever, drop the flag. NEVER. They did. The flag still went up. What say you?

There is a HUGE diferrence between accidently dropping the flag and intentionally burning it....but you know that.
As to making the flag a point:

LN: You make your rainbow flag and expect all to accept it. Yet, you will not accept the VERY flag that allows you the VERY freedom to post here with the upside down flag.

It is obvious that LN chose that avatar to get a rise out of folks...and it worked.

You have a right to protest, no doubt. The greatest leaders are those that have joined the people, not pissed them off as you so love to do. To bring together, there must be forgiveness. There must be understanding.

Either that or put em all in a pot and melt them!

Yurt

Fair enough post Yurt.

CSM
03-10-2007, 08:54 AM
...I'll...be...damned... :clap:

Yeah, me too!

shattered
03-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah, me too!

Did you wince, too, when you repped him (if you did)?

krisy
03-10-2007, 08:59 AM

I did...I was shocked at what I was reading :eek:

shattered
03-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I did...I was shocked at what I was reading :eek:

Good. Then it's not just me.. I think that even hurt a little, and I might need a bandaid... :D

KarlMarx
03-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey Liberal Nation, if you really feel that way about our flag, let me offer a suggestion. Leave the country! The world is a big place, I'm sure there are many countries with other people who feel the same way you do. There are other countries that have legalized gay marriage, have socialistic economies and are far more tolerant than the U.S of A.

jimnyc
03-10-2007, 09:34 AM

What a shame, you're a cute gal. I'm afraid you may push away some reasonable guys in the future based on your beliefs. I truly hope you do some learning on your own outside of school, and learn a little more about reality, and a lot about respect.

Gunny
03-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Absolute horseshit. I've already told you, when you choose to play that dishonest literalist game, you need to learn how first.

That flag you insist on disrespecting IS the symbol of this Nation, period, and it IS what Americans have been fighting and dying for. It represents the ideals behind that Constitution you try to hide behind. You can't dishonestly literalize it into something else.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:37 AM
So, people offend me but I don't demand they change their views and keep quite and would hope for the same.

darin
03-10-2007, 11:39 AM

You're such an immature little CHILD!! lol :)

CSM
03-10-2007, 12:05 PM

Rep him???? it wasn't that good a post!

Yurt
03-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Fair enough post Yurt.

Agreed, it is a big difference to accidentally drop than to intentionally burn. I guess I just view the whole desecration thing a little different since the first time the flag dropped and the hoisted it up. I ask the camp director about it and he said "it happens all the time, not a big deal." It kinda pissed me off, but economically I could see his point.

dan
03-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Just to play devil's advocate.....

If the flag wholly represents America and its ideals, shouldn't we be banning the Confederate flag? After all, it represents the idea that America is not a good nation, and it supports the idea of separating from America because of a dislike of many of its policies.

And, I did just bring this up in another thread, so I know I'm sounding like a broken record.

Roomy
03-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Just to play devil's advocate.....

If the flag wholly represents America and its ideals, shouldn't we be banning the Confederate flag? After all, it represents the idea that America is not a good nation, and it supports the idea of separating from America because of a dislike of many of its policies.

And, I did just bring this up in another thread, so I know I'm sounding like a broken record.

No, that would be like us banning the flags of Scotland, Wales and Ireland, we all have our own flags and then we have the encompassing flag.

You have individual state flags don't you?

There is nothing wrong with pride and patriotism, as a whole.

dan
03-10-2007, 06:38 PM
No, that would be like us banning the flags of Scotland, Wales and Ireland, we all have our own flags and then we have the encompassing flag.

You have individual state flags don't you?

There is nothing wrong with pride and patriotism, as a whole.

We have individual state flags, but the flag I'm talking about is the official flag of the Confederate States of America, the group of states that seceded to start their own country. This brought about the Civil War, and now the entire country is one again, so, if you ask me, the Confederate flag should be considered null and void, and if you're going to consider anyone who burns the American flag to be unamerican, you should consider anyone who flies the Confederate flag to do so, too. Not that I think the two are exactly the same, burning the flag is obviously done just to get a rise out of people. I get the heritage, pride, etc. behind the Confederate flag, but if you take away all those connotations, it represents, or once represented, a desire to turn away from America.

Roomy
03-10-2007, 07:11 PM
We have individual state flags, but the flag I'm talking about is the official flag of the Confederate States of America, the group of states that seceded to start their own country. This brought about the Civil War, and now the entire country is one again, so, if you ask me, the Confederate flag should be considered null and void, and if you're going to consider anyone who burns the American flag to be unamerican, you should consider anyone who flies the Confederate flag to do so, too. Not that I think the two are exactly the same, burning the flag is obviously done just to get a rise out of people. I get the heritage, pride, etc. behind the Confederate flag, but if you take away all those connotations, it represents, or once represented, a desire to turn away from America.

I don't see the flag as a desire to turn away from America, at the time America was young and disparate, now it is united, to all intents and purposes.
As an outsider I see the confederate flag as more of a reflective search for validation of the honour and pride that some feel has been forgotten.Much the same happens here, let them fly their flag, I think it is more symbolic of past pride and predjudice than any percieved slight at the now United States.

Am I rambling and talking shite again?:laugh2:

Hobbit
03-10-2007, 07:12 PM

Flying an American flag doesn't signify hatred towards the British, nor does the British flag symbolize the same towards America. The Confederacy seceded because they thought that politicians had betrayed the American principle, and they didn't see a way to reverse it. That's why they broke off, to protect states' rights and individual freedoms. To appreciate or to fly a Confederate flag is often an expression of agreement with tho principles that the Confederacy fought to protect. Those who desecrate it as a symbol of racism are at least as ignorant as those who wish it banned.

Hobbit
03-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Not at all.

CockySOB
03-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't see the flag as a desire to turn away from America, at the time America was young and disparate, now it is united, to all intents and purposes.
As an outsider I see the confederate flag as more of a reflective search for validation of the honour and pride that some feel has been forgotten.Much the same happens here, let them fly their flag, I think it is more symbolic of past pride and predjudice than any percieved slight at the now United States.

Not at all. In fact, Roomy, I've agreed with a number of things you've said in this thread. Shocked me, but in a good way.

jackass
03-10-2007, 08:31 PM
So your watching "We Were Soldiers". It's a very good movie. A little hollywooded up But I give them an 80 for accuracy. That's what I did when I was over there. Not that particular battle but many like it. You are able to burn the flag or do anything else you want with it because of people like me. Who you obviously have no respect for. Shame on you. You should show this thread to your parents and see what they think of what your doing.

It's still a free country so do as you will. Can I do anything to stop you, no. But I will cease responding to your posts from now on until you apologize to me and every other veteran on the board. You want to be treated like a little kid I will do so by ignoring you from now on.

Hell Yeah Gaffer!! :salute:

5stringJeff
03-10-2007, 08:51 PM
I'll second what Gaffer said. You certainly have the right to show a burning flag in your avatar (or, now, an upside-down flag). I have the right, in return, to think that you are a stupid teenager who has no grasp of reality. But fear not, most teenagers are stupid, and at least you're attempting to figure things out, so you're really ahead of a good portion of your peers.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 10:42 PM
I'll second what Gaffer said. You certainly have the right to show a burning flag in your avatar (or, now, an upside-down flag). I have the right, in return, to think that you are a stupid teenager who has no grasp of reality.
Man now I don't get to use my censored avatar I picked out just for this occasion.

Oh well that's cool.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Man now I don't get to use my censored avatar I picked out just for this occasion.

Oh well that's cool.

Oh be creative---offend everyone some "special" way !

stephanie
03-10-2007, 10:51 PM

I was thinking along the line of....

Not breaking her arm, patting herself on the back...:coffee:

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 10:53 PM
I was thinking along the line of....

Not breaking her arm, patting herself on the back...:coffee:

uh oh---steph is thinking again !!!!

stephanie
03-10-2007, 10:58 PM
uh oh---steph is thinking again !!!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/facepull-vi.gif

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:00 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/facepull-vi.gif

Now how did I know something like that was coming ??:lol:

stephanie
03-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Now how did I know something like that was coming ??:lol:

That's my buddy..

She does all my dirty work for me...:laugh2:

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:06 PM
That's my buddy..

She does all my dirty work for me...:laugh2:

I'm gonna have to start referring some people to you for entertainment.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh I haven't yet, must try harder.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:10 PM

I know---it' tough too cause we've been through a lot of this. :laugh2:

stephanie
03-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm gonna have to start referring some people to you for entertainment.

I believe it would be called...stir crazy....cabin fever..

It is still daylight out, though...That's a good sign..:coffee:

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:11 PM
lol

shattered
03-10-2007, 11:13 PM

Why don't you try making your mark in some manner that *hasn't* been tried 1000 times by every rebellious teenager on the planet?

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:13 PM
I believe it would be called...stir crazy....cabin fever..

It is still daylight out, though...That's a good sign..:coffee:

If the cold didn't kill me the cabin fever would---now how about a little song and dance routine for a bored Texan ?? :poke:

stephanie
03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
If the cold didn't kill me the cabin fever would---now how about a little song and dance routine for a bored Texan ?? :poke:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/060786a0.gif

I couldn't get them to sing...They refused..

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Why don't you try making your mark in some manner that *hasn't* been tried 1000 times by every rebellious teenager on the planet?

You got to be crazy, name me some teenagers who have been on this board and used a burning flag avatar. Not normal teenage behavior.

Now if only I could be in a protest that turned into a riot. Something I've always wanted to do but not likely down here in this boring place.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:20 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/060786a0.gif

I couldn't get them to sing...They refused..

Well done---I'll give ya credit anyway cuz I like em. !!!!:clap:

Mr. P
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM

Teens repeat, they don't think of new stuff.:lol:

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:23 PM
You got to be crazy, name me some teenagers who have been on this board and used a burning flag avatar. Not normal teenage behavior.

Now if only I could be in a protest that turned into a riot. Something I've always wanted to do but not likely down here in this boring place.

Oh cmon LN---you got here for some pretty nasty arguments---we don't do that for just anyone ! hmmmmm ---yu could draw a cartoon of Allah and head down to a mosque----that outta do it !!!

stephanie
03-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Here's another for ya Dillo...

:cheers2:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/dancing_bear.gif

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Like I said, boring place. Not even any mosques.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Here's another for ya Dillo...

:cheers2:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/dancing_bear.gif

damn---and I bet that's right out your front window too !!! !!! :clap: :clap:

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Like I said, boring place. Not even any mosques.

it's gotta be violent huh?---dancing bears don't cut it?

shattered
03-10-2007, 11:31 PM

The picture might be different, but the actions and attitudes are all identical. You don't impress anybody, and you just make yourself look ridiculous.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:33 PM
it's gotta be violent huh?---dancing bears don't cut it?

Nah just exciting. I could go burn a flag in my backyard but that would be boring cuss no one would care. Atleast here it's semi entertaining.

I'm so gona move to a place that actually have something going on as soon as I can.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:33 PM
The picture might be different, but the actions and attitudes are all identical. You don't impress anybody, and you just make yourself look ridiculous.

awwwwww---now I was just warming up to her shattered !!!

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:34 PM
No the action is not identical. Not trying to impress anybody. Looking ridiculous is relative.

shattered
03-10-2007, 11:35 PM
awwwwww---now I was just warming up to her shattered !!!

Yeah, well you warmed up to Gabby, too, so..that's not sayin much.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Nah just exciting. I could go burn a flag in my backyard but that would be boring cuss no one would care. Atleast here it's semi entertaining.

I'm so gona move to a place that actually have something going on as soon as I can.

I thought all 17 year olds were bored out if thier skulls.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:36 PM

Whose Gabby havent seen her. Did you assholes run her off.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:36 PM

LOL--ya and she asked me if I tought she could come back here LOL

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:37 PM
I thought all 17 year olds were bored out if thier skulls.
Not really.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Whose Gabby havent seen her. Did you assholes run her off.

naaaaaa gabasauros is Gabby

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Ahhh

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Ahhh

Actually you two are lot alike------she goes for the shock value too.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Doesn't sound like a female user name but oh well.

shattered
03-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Ahh.. That's better.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:43 PM
lol nice avatar shattered.

manu1959
Actually you two are lot alike------she goes for the shock value too.

neither is any good at it....

Dilloduck
Ahh.. That's better.

uhh----avatar wars !@! :lol:

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
lol

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:44 PM

gotta admit---it's hard to shock a couple a pros like us tho ! :cheers2:

manu1959
03-10-2007, 11:46 PM
gotta admit---it's hard to shock a couple a pros like us tho ! :cheers2:

yes.....nothing surprises me anymore

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:47 PM

lol really then why are there two threads on my avatar both over 11 pages long. I think I generated some interest.

manu1959
03-10-2007, 11:49 PM
lol really then why are there two threads on my avatar both over 11 pages long. I think I generated some interest.

don't confuse bordem with interest....

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:51 PM
12 pages with this much passion in the posts is a bit more then people just being bored and posting for the hell of it.

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:52 PM

hardly shock tho--------I mean even NORMAL libs pull shit like this. Gotta do better than this.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Who cares about shock, interest is what matters. Go read the news if you wana be shocked.

manu1959
03-10-2007, 11:54 PM
12 pages with this much passion in the posts is a bit more then people just being bored and posting for the hell of it.

passion?!....you must be joking....you seem to think you invented an upside down flag or burning it.....think up something original....

i think most of the people are more shocked at how juvenile and rude you are than anything else ....

Dilloduck
03-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Who cares about shock, interest is what matters. Go read the news if you wana be shocked.

LOL news??? boring

Yurt
03-11-2007, 05:16 PM
great, now a burning cross.

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
I think so too.

MtnBiker
03-11-2007, 05:44 PM
She is a member of the KKK.

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 05:49 PM
White Power, does nazi salute thing.

Hey the KKK is not the only ones who use avatars of a burning cross.

shattered
03-11-2007, 05:51 PM
She is a member of the KKK.

Making her a member of ANYTHING is likely to make her smile. She seems like a very lonely, attention-starved individual.

Yurt
03-11-2007, 05:52 PM
White Power, does nazi salute thing.

Hey the KKK is not the only ones who use avatars of a burning cross.

So what are you symbolizing now?

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Not symbolizing anything. Someone suggested I try offend every group with a specific avatar. That's basicly the only point now.

Yurt
03-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Making her a member of ANYTHING is likely to make her smile. She seems like a very lonely, attention-starved individual.

That is harsh. I know some people like this. And yes, they are lonely. Sad, lonely. I still like them though.

Yurt
03-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Not symbolizing anything. Someone suggested I try offend every group with a specific avatar. That's basicly the only point now.

You should take a long walk off a short pier. You should give me five thousand dollars of your money, it will make you feel right as rain.

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
You should take a long walk off a short pier. You should give me five thousand dollars of your money, it will make you feel right as rain.

Neither sound very pleasent, think i'll pass.

CockySOB
03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
That is harsh. I know some people like this. And yes, they are lonely. Sad, lonely. I still like them though.

Agreed. And to be honest I DO kinda like her, and this little attention-whore thing is sad, because I believe she's capable of much more than this. Oh well... :(

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm quite enjoying being an attention whore right now thank you. Quite entertaining considering I haven't had much to do this week.

shattered
03-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm quite enjoying being an attention whore right now thank you. Quite entertaining considering I haven't had much to do this week.

She's doing it purposely, and my words are harsh?

Indeed.

Yurt
03-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Neither sound very pleasent, think i'll pass.

Just testing your boundaries, given your passion for making your avi's per others requests.

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Man some of ya'll just need to lighten up a bit.

Said1
03-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Well. I happen to like my spunky new avatar. Pay attention to me. MEEEEE. Damn it!

Yurt
03-11-2007, 06:11 PM

I don't think you are an attention whore, you simply like to get a rise out people by making strong points or having a controversial avi. An attention whore is nothing more than an idiot trying to get people to look at them for no reason, I believe you have your reasons though.

IMHO

But, as I am sure you know, have avis that piss people off with create a rain storm on your parade making point. Alas, you seem to take it with good grace.

Yurt
03-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Well. I happen to like my spunky new avatar. Pay attention to me. MEEEEE. Damn it!

Every time, every time. Btw, that pose makes me think, well, hmmm, what is she conveying, what is it she wants... hmmm, my thoughts run.................

Said1
03-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Every time, every time. Btw, that pose makes me think, well, hmmm, what is she conveying, what is it she wants... hmmm, my thoughts run.................

She's saying "i've never had plastic surgery or botox injections". MMmmmmadonalicious. :laugh2:

Yurt
03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
She's saying "i've never had plastic surgery or botox injections". MMmmmmadonalicious. :laugh2:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. That really made me laugh. Thank goodness for the Said1s of this world. I shall never forget this post.

:dance:

Pale Rider
03-12-2007, 12:34 PM

In my opinion, it's not as bad as burning the American flag, and if we're going to allow one, we're going to allow the other.

It's been made abundantly clear to me that this board will NOT be sensored.

I'm sorry you have a weak stomach.

Pale Rider
03-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Excelent Gaffer... and that is what I would recommend ALL people on the board to do, put the little trolip on ignore.

Pale Rider
03-12-2007, 12:54 PM

Well it's probably a good thing we don't have a large BLACK number of members, or your KKK burning cross would certainly offend them.

You got a thing with fire don't you?

Pale Rider
03-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Now if only I could be in a protest that turned into a riot.

Why? You in a hurry to find out what it's like to have your ass kicked?

Pale Rider
03-12-2007, 01:02 PM

And the overall majority of it is everyone calling you an idiot. Nice going. Now we know you're just an "attention whore", as someone called you already.

Pale Rider
03-12-2007, 01:04 PM

And THAT my dear, is a perfect example of a TROLL, and trolling is against board rules. But, however, I believe you have a protector here, namely the board owner Jimmy. You're lucky, I'd have banned you by now.

jimnyc
03-12-2007, 01:08 PM
And THAT my dear, is a perfect example of a TROLL, and trolling is against board rules. But, however, I believe you have a protector here, namely the board owner Jimmy. You're lucky, I'd have banned you by now.

Protector? No. I simply didn't force her to remove her avatar as I want EVERYONE on the board to be able to express themselves freely.

jackass
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
however, I believe you have a protector here, namely the board owner Jimmy.

Jimmy's got a girlfriend!! Jimmy's got a girlfriend!!

:suck:

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Excelent Gaffer... and that is what I would recommend ALL people on the board to do, put the little trolip on ignore.

Then why don't you put me on ignore yourself.

darin
03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Someone suggested I try offend every group with a specific avatar. That's basicly the only point now.

GOOD GAWD you are SUCH a CHILD!! WOW...someday you might look back and see how REALLY pathetic that attitude is.

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Why is it pathetic. Seems to me like just taking a bet.

5stringJeff
03-12-2007, 04:19 PM
GOOD GAWD you are SUCH a CHILD!!

Didn't you see where she said she was 17? :poke: :D