PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Secret Rescue Mission

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
The man is working for the people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: NY Post

SEEKS TO FREE US MOM'S KIDS FROM PALESTINIAN 'CAPTIVITY'

Barack Obama carried out a secret assignment during his global tour last week.

While talking about the Middle East peace process in the West Bank Wednesday, the presumptive Democratic nominee slipped a note to Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad.

The private message: Help an anguished Chicago mother get her daughters back.

Obama detailed the plight of Colleen Bargouthi, 36. She says that for the last year, her four daughters have been held in the Palestinian territories, made to wear headdresses and schooled in Islam by their Muslim father, Yasser Shibli.

Having Obama as her advocate was Colleen's wildest fantasy come true.
"I'm just extraordinarily pleased with what he's done for me," she said. "It makes me feel wonderful - one step closer to my daughters.",,,,,,,,,

More: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07272008/news/nationalnews/obamas_secret_rescue_mission_121815.htm?page=0

Deeds like this don't go unrecognised by most!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-28-2008, 04:22 PM
well, that note should do the trick, after all it was written by the boy wonder..:rolleyes:

theHawk
07-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Hurray! This proves Obama is good at negotiating with terrorists! He can make them all stop doing bad things. What a guy, he'll usher in World Peace!

hjmick
07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Hurray! This proves Obama is good at negotiating with terrorists! He can make them all stop doing bad things. What a guy, he'll usher in World Peace!

Until the girls are returned to their mother, it proves nothing.

Not long after she got word from Obama's camp about his efforts, the phone rang again. It was her estranged husband.

He reportedly told her, "F- - - Washington, f- - - Obama and f- - - you."

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 01:07 AM
It proves that he had the balls to deliver it while the state department had refused to entertain the suggestion.

Until the girls are returned to their mother, it proves nothing.

That's what it proves, hmjick.

Hobbit
07-29-2008, 01:18 AM
It proves that he had the balls to deliver it while the state department had refused to entertain the suggestion.

If I ask a bank robber to kindly leave the bank and stop stealing from people, does that mean I have balls or does it mean I'm a f-ing retard?

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 01:46 AM
In your case I would assume the latter.

If I ask a bank robber to kindly leave the bank and stop stealing from people, does that mean I have balls or does it mean I'm a f-ing retard?

DragonStryk72
07-29-2008, 02:09 AM

Really, that's your definition of balls? I had that much courage in high school, when I slipped a note to a girl I had a crush on. I'd like to think there are higher forms of courage, like, I don't know, saying something openly, having a face-to-face, you know, actual actions?

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Is passing notes to some girl you like the level of your diplomatic experience, ds'72? Obviously you don't know much about international back room negotiations and unofficial diplomatic endeavoring. There is a time and skill for it on that level that you will never understand.

Really, that's your definition of balls? I had that much courage in high school, when I slipped a note to a girl I had a crush on. I'd like to think there are higher forms of courage, like, I don't know, saying something openly, having a face-to-face, you know, actual actions?

Passing the note was as open as it could be at the time. I am certain the protocol was competently observed in this case. Obama is the man!!!!!!!!

theHawk
07-29-2008, 08:16 AM
So the lesson learned here is that Obama is very willing to deal under the table with our enemies. What a virtue.

5stringJeff
07-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Was he acting in his capacity as Presidential candidate, or in his capacity as a Senator from Illinois? If it was the latter, then frankly, he's doing his job - acting on behalf of a constituent.

Silver
07-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Is passing notes to some girl you like the level of your diplomatic experience, ds'72? Obviously you don't know much about international back room negotiations and unofficial diplomatic endeavoring. There is a time and skill for it on that level that you will never understand.

Passing the note was as open as it could be at the time. I am certain the protocol was competently observed in this case. Obama is the man!!!!!!!!

Pass the Koolade while I get on my knees.....

Yurt
07-29-2008, 10:16 AM
this is an interesting topic...

what rights does the father have to keep the girls and educate them as he sees fit. the article did not say they were divorced and who has custody. it seems she went willingly (whether he lied or not about the purpose of the visit we don't know, all we have is what she is saying) to the ME a year ago.

unfortunately, this is not the first time this has happened in marriages between people of vastly different cultures/countries.

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Exactly, jeff, but more importantly he was acting on behalf of a goodwill mission that our respective governments desperately need at this particular time of ME and American political relationships.

Was he acting in his capacity as Presidential candidate, or in his capacity as a Senator from Illinois? If it was the latter, then frankly, he's doing his job - acting on behalf of a constituent.

Thanks, jeff. I'm taking back all that ol' shit I've been sayin' about you!!!!!!!!

DragonStryk72
07-30-2008, 12:10 AM

It's the exact same skill set, PB. And oh yes, "back room" is what we should be striving for, it's worked so well the past 8 years. Passing a note quietly is never, "as open as it can be" just as someone saying on national news, "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this wall!" is not subtle. Effective, but not subtle.

Passing notes requires no courage whatsoever, it just doesn't. What MLK Jr. did required courage, and not note passing. Now, had he stepped out openly on this, then yeah, I'd give him the courage points, but that isn't courage, just as rushing blindly into the fray isn't wisdom. Courage wrong word, because "back room" is never courageous.

If someone makes an attempt to keep his involvement quiet, it isn't courage, because courage requires sacrifice, and acceptance that you may be the only one in the room defending your point. This was not the case here.

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Clearly you don't understand protocol, ds'72, and there is no great sin in that. But to denigrate the efforts of one who certainly understands it is ignorance exemplified. Go ahead, cowgirl. Give it your best shot!!!!!!!!!!!!