PDA

View Full Version : Two former Bush Advisers Now Advising Obama

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Will Appear at Economic Meeting Today

Two former Bush Advisers Now Advising Obama, Will Appear at Economic Meeting Today
July 28, 2008 10:22 AM

ABC News has learned that two former administration officials for President George W. Bush will appear with Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, at an economic meeting today, having signed up to be Obama economic advisers.

Bush administration veterans former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill and former Securities and Exchange Commissioner William Donaldson will join former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, and more traditionally Democratic economic advisers such as former Clinton Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin, billionaire liberal Warren Buffett, AFL-CIO President John Sweeney, and SEIU Secretary-Treasurer Anna Burger.

Donaldson's tenure at the SEC was notable for his attempts to work with the Democratic Commissioners, for angering the US Chamber of Commerce and Republican legislators, and for abandoning an effort for shareholder proxy access...........

More: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/two-former-bush.html

Amazing!!!!!!!!!

midcan5
07-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Let's hope the situation of the middle class and working poor are considered by these folks.

Dilloduck
07-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Let's hope the situation of the middle class and working poor are considered by these folks.

:lol::lol::lol:

Psychoblues
07-28-2008, 10:44 PM
I saw just a part of an interview with them earlier, mc5. I feel like the middle class and working poor will be well considered. After all, no economy works at all without those of us that do the work and at some point when work just doesn't pay anymore we return to bartering, under the table contracting and stealing like the republicans have been doing for years. Actually, because they can afford crooked lawyers it works out well for them. We are not so fortunate.

theHawk
07-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Yea, they'll be considered to pay more taxes.

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
How do you figure, hawk?

Yea, they'll be considered to pay more taxes.

What did they say that causes you to think that way?

theHawk
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
How do you figure, hawk?

What did they say that causes you to think that way?

Obama doesn't have to "say" a word. His actions as a politician speak for themselves. He's raised plenty of taxes in his short reign in the Illinois senate.

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh,,,,,,I see. I thought we were talking about those 2 former gwb advisors that are now supporting Obama, not Obama himself. I find it astounding how much conservatives either miss the point of a conversation or just lie like hell in an obvious attempt to just change the subject in which they have little or no genuine facts to support their position.

Obama doesn't have to "say" a word. His actions as a politician speak for themselves. He's raised plenty of taxes in his short reign in the Illinois senate.

If you want to discuss how much Obama raised taxes in Illinois I think the board will accomodate your insertion of a thread that will address exactly that concern. Dig it?

Meanwhile: :cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

theHawk
07-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh,,,,,,I see. I thought we were talking about those 2 former gwb advisors that are now supporting Obama, not Obama himself. I find it astounding how much conservatives either miss the point of a conversation or just lie like hell in an obvious attempt to just change the subject in which they have little or no genuine facts to support their position.

No one ever accused the Bush administration of being conservative. Amazing how much pea-brained liberals like to try to attack conservatives by linking us to Bush.