PDA

View Full Version : Swastika stickers left at Idaho mosque

LiberalNation
03-09-2007, 10:13 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070310/ap_on_re_us/mosque_harassment;_ylt=Ai5TWY3I0UZ1aAdXXGWCTjpvzwc F

BOISE, Idaho - A few swastika-emblazoned stickers have been left on a mosque and another building in town, prompting a police investigation, officials said.

The stickers were reported Sunday as children arrived at the Islamic Center of Boise for Sunday school, said Furqan Mehmood, the center's education director.

The stickers were left on a door and other surfaces, apparently on Saturday afternoon, officials said.

Somali refugees who went to the mosque to pray that day noticed them but didn't report them; they were unfamiliar with the swastika symbol and assumed they were benign, Mehmood said.

The stickers promoted Combat 18, a loosely organized neo-Nazi group that likely originated in Britain, officials said.

The incident violates Idaho's felony malicious harassment law, said police spokeswoman Lynn Hightower. The stickers peeled off easily, leaving no damage.

In February, the stickers were found at a property management business, Hightower said. It is unclear why the business was targeted.

stephanie
03-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Well...

Isn't that what all you liberals been screaming for??

Dissent is the highest order of...ah hell I can't remember it all..

Anyway, now it looks like that's what your getting...

I'm not saying this is right, but that's the first thing I thought of...

:slap:

Dilloduck
03-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Well...

Isn't that what all you liberals been screaming for??

Dissent is the highest order of...ah hell I can't remember it all..

Anyway, now it looks like that's what your getting...

I'm not saying this is right, but that's the first thing I thought of...

:slap:

don't forget multiculturalism !!!! :laugh2:

MtnBiker
03-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Swastika stickers left at Idaho mosque

So, what is the big deal? It's just a symbol that means nothing on its own.

Why did you even post this story?

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Not that big of deal, just thought it was an interesting story. The people not knowing what the swastika was.

MtnBiker
03-10-2007, 12:35 AM
What is it? or what do you believe it is?

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 12:40 AM
It's a nzi symbol, an old Indian symbol. In this case most likely a racist gesture towards the mosque from a nazi or white power people.

MtnBiker
03-10-2007, 12:42 AM
It's a nzi symbol, an old Indian symbol. In this case most likely a racist gesture towards the mosque from a nazi or white power people.

You believe such a symbol or guesture has importance?

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 12:46 AM
If used as a racist attack then, yes. But if not, then no. A simple picture of a swastika with no intent behind it would not be.

MtnBiker
03-10-2007, 12:48 AM
If used as a racist attack then, yes. But if not, then no. A simple picture of a swastika with no intent behind it would not be.

So a display of a symbol is ok, but if there is inapropratie action and intent in the display then it is not ok?

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Kinda, okay and not okay is relative to what you believe though.

MtnBiker
03-10-2007, 12:54 AM

Just personal believe there are no standards?

MtnBiker
03-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Lets use this news story as an example. Liberalnation do you believe that the use of the Swastika (Nazi symbol) stickers in this story are inappropraite?

Gunny
03-10-2007, 10:25 AM
So, what is the big deal? It's just a symbol that means nothing on its own.

Why did you even post this story?

DAMN .... that HAD to hurt.:dance:

Gunny
03-10-2007, 10:27 AM

:lame2:

You've been OWNED.:laugh2:

Hugh Lincoln
03-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Hilarious. A few points:

1. Often when "hate crimes" are committed, it's blacks or Hispanics or Jews faking it to make it look like whites were the perpetrators. So there's a chance the precious minorities themselves did this.

2. If whites did it, they might have missed the irony that the swastika aligns them with a political movement not disliked by Muslims, for the reason that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

3. Ain't multiculturalism grand? This is what it really brings: true hate and dischord. The separatists are the real peacemakers, not the integrationists.

LiberalNation
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Just personal believe there are no standards?
Let’s try it this way.

You have an old German guy who fought in WW2 and has a Nazi flag outside his house to express pride in his history or whatever. You have a neo-Nazi using that same flag to express his hatred of Jew and all non-white Protestants. You have an Indian who displays that symbol as part of his culture. Is it the same symbol, yes. Is that symbol meaning the same thing, depends on your beliefs.

Another, an American protester burns the US flag to express his disagreement with the policies of the current government. A fire bug burns it because he thought it would be pretty/cool to watch it burning. An Islamic terrorist burns it screaming death to America. Is it the same action towards that symbol, yes. Is the meaning the same, one flag burning as horrible and wrong as the next, depends on your beliefs.

MtnBiker
03-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Does anybody know what this means?

http://www.wisegorilla.com/images/nativeamerican/eyeofmedicineman.gif

or this?

http://www.twoheartsdesign.com/images/clipart/catholic/cross/thumbnails/cross5.jpg

gabosaurus
03-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I didn't know anyone from this forum lived in Idaho. :salute: