PDA

View Full Version : Ya know sometimes I have a complete distain for "evangelicals"..

-Cp
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/29/evangelicals-warn-against-mccain-romney-ticket/

Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Evangelicals warn against Romney on ticket

Prominent evangelical leaders are warning Sen. John McCain against picking former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as his running mate, saying their troops will abandon the Republican ticket on Election Day if that happens.
They say Mr. Romney lacks trust on issues such as outlawing abortion and opposing same-sex marriage and because he is a Mormon. Opposition is particularly powerful among those who supported former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in the Republican presidential primaries earlier this year.

"McCain and Romney would be like oil and water," said evangelical novelist Tim LaHaye, who supported Mr. Huckabee. "We aren't against Mormonism, but Romney is not a thoroughgoing evangelical and his flip-flopping on issues is understandable in a liberal state like Massachusetts, but our people won't understand that."

The Rev. Rob McCoy, pastor of Calvary Chapel in Thousand Oaks, Calif., who speaks at evangelical events across the country, told The Washington Times, "I will vote for McCain unless he does one thing. You know what that is? If he puts Romney on the ticket as veep.

"It will alienate the entire evangelical community - 62 million self-professing evangelicals in this country, half of them registered to vote, are going to be deeply saddened," Mr. McCoy added.

Mr. Huckabee, an ordained Southern Baptist minister, was the favorite of evangelical voters in the Republican presidential nomination contest earlier this year and won more delegates per dollar spent than any other candidate in either party.

theHawk
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Romney has been even more socially liberal than McCain. A McCain/Romney ticket truely would be asking conservatives to bite into a shit sandwich on election day.

Immanuel
07-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Prominent evangelical leaders are warning Sen. John McCain against picking former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as his running mate, saying their troops will abandon the Republican ticket on Election Day if that happens.
They say Mr. Romney lacks trust on issues such as outlawing abortion and opposing same-sex marriage and because he is a Mormon. Opposition is particularly powerful among those who supported former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in the Republican presidential primaries earlier this year.

As if John McCain has an ounce of trust on these issues.

Evangelicals are choosing McCain for one reason and one reason only... (R). They've sold their souls to the Republican party.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not voting for John McCain or Barack Obama. In this case, there is no lesser of two evils. Both may as well discard the initial behind their name and simply run a "we're going to screw you all" campaign.

Immie

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 10:08 PM
The nuts are worried about the cults!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives and souls!!!!!!!

Huckabee Backers Least Flexible

Ralph Z. Hallow
Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"McCain and Romney would be like oil and water," said evangelical novelist Tim LaHaye, who supported Mr. Huckabee. "We aren't against Mormonism, but Romney is not a thoroughgoing evangelical and his flip-flopping on issues is understandable in a liberal state like Massachusetts, but our people won't understand that."

More from Washington Times: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/29/evangelicals-warn-against-mccain-romney-ticket/

And I always liked ol' Huckleberry Hound?!?!?!?!??! Wuts up with this?

Mr. P
07-29-2008, 10:29 PM
When folks understand the "Constitution" is the bible of the Country, not "King James", we will all be better off.

Psychoblues
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Dig that, P!!!!!!!!

When folks understand the "Constitution" is the bible of the Country, not "King James", we will all be better off.

Once we get that understood we can go to work on getting the Magna Carta more prominent in our political and judicial experiences!!!!!!!

-Cp
07-30-2008, 03:21 AM
I already posted this here:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16315

07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Im not sure what they think to accomplish with this. McCain is going to do as he pleases.

Dilloduck
07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Im not sure what they think to accomplish with this. McCain is going to do as he pleases.

Wacked out righties are the same as wacked out lefties. They both want influence for their agendas.

07-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Wacked out righties are the same as wacked out lefties. They both want influence for their agendas.

Im not sure how right these groups are. Oh they say they are. Much like Huckabee said he was. But we know he wasnt to the right.

darin
07-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Merged Threads

Psychoblues
08-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Did you notice that this one contains an entire article, dmp? Isn't that against the rules?

Merged Threads

Where you find 4 Baptists, You'll also find a fifth:?!?!?!?!?!?!: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

emmett
08-02-2008, 01:10 AM
woulod be the safest bet for John Mccain. Given the fact that Fred is not a holy roller but very popular with evengelicals (????), he would compliment the ticket and offer conservatives the assurance they seem to need. The fact is, republicans are settling, that is obvious. When you are not the first choice of Rush, Sean and other righty propagandists you are not going to get that super support required.

John McCain only won because there were three candidates far to his right that shared the vote. In a head to head run off today I believe he would be beaten by Fred, Mitt or Mike. Choosing Mitt or Mike brings in the evangelical equation, going with Fred would be safe. Right now, he needs to make a safe move.

On a personal note, I don't give a shit what he does. I just want the LP to obtain the highest vote count ever and I feel this will happen this time around so I'm happy with whatever he does. I hope he does not pick Fred because that will cut into LP votes that are destined to come from the JM camp.

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 01:26 AM
I'll back you up 100% on that observation, emmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever considered Mack as an over the road rig?

Hit it Beatles, It's A Long And Winding Road: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

emmett
08-02-2008, 01:36 AM
I'll back you up 100% on that observation, emmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever considered Mack as an over the road rig?

Hit it Beatles, It's A Long And Winding Road: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

I like my old 1990 Pete! Feels like you are driving a truck. I like the newer Mack Cruiseliners, spacy, comfortable. However, since I am getting off the road and out of the trucking business finally, well.........

I'm now a repoman again Dave. I am working here at my son's company. Fuel, Insurance on car haulers and that blown 20,000 dollar engine out in Miss the other day pretty much sealed it. I'm over it! Three and a half years was enough.

How about Johnny Paycheck...Take this job and shove it (musical note...musical note)

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Be careful in the repo line, emmie. I did that, even posted about all the Bush/Cheney bumper stickers on the repo'ed cars. jimnyc can verify that!!!!!!

I like my old 1990 Pete! Feels like you are driving a truck. I like the newer Mack Cruiseliners, spacy, comfortable. However, since I am getting off the road and out of the trucking business finally, well.........

I'm now a repoman again Dave. I am working here at my son's company. Fuel, Insurance on car haulers and that blown 20,000 dollar engine out in Miss the other day pretty much sealed it. I'm over it! Three and a half years was enough.

How about Johnny Paycheck...Take this job and shove it (musical note...musical note)

I didn't take a bullet but I was damned sure shot at doing that miserable gig!!!!!! Seriously, emmie, can't you get a good dispatcher gig or maybe a warehouse supervision position?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Hit it, Johnny, Take This Job And SHOVE IT, I ain;t workin' here no more: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

crin63
08-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Where you find 4 Baptists, You'll also find a fifth:?!?!?!?!?!?!: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

I'm slow on the uptake, I don't get this one but the more Baptists the better.:coffee:

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Is it the "fifth" thing that confuses you, c'63?

I'm slow on the uptake, I don't get this one but the more Baptists the better.:coffee:

Have you ever been to a bar frequented by Baptists? Particularly Southern Baptists? If you haven't I doubt seriously that you even could understand. That's OK with me but really I don't know how to help you!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Elvis, There Will Be Peace In The Valley: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

crin63
08-02-2008, 10:13 AM
John McCain only won because there were three candidates far to his right that shared the vote. In a head to head run off today I believe he would be beaten by Fred, Mitt or Mike. Choosing Mitt or Mike brings in the evangelical equation, going with Fred would be safe. Right now, he needs to make a safe move.

I'm thinking that McCain won because all the early primaries were in the most liberal states. Had the early primaries been in the more conservative states I think their would be a different candidate. Just my opinion.

Mitt hurts the ticket with allot of Evangelicals. Huckster helps with Evangelicals but then he loses others who see him as potentially another Jimmy Carter. Fred is a decent choice but that makes the ticket pretty aged.
I think Bobby Jindal is the best all around choice for McCompromise.

I have given allot of thought about voting LP but I'm far more scared of a Barry Hussein President than anything else. I would really like to see the LP get some house and senate seats but I just cant vote for Barr even though I think he is a pretty stand up guy. I spent many hours watching him during the Waco and Ruby Ridge hearings, he was great. I just cant do 4 years of Obama that would be worse than Hillary.

I do admire your sticking to your convictions though.

crin63
08-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Is it the "fifth" thing that confuses you, c'63?

Have you ever been to a bar frequented by Baptists? Particularly Southern Baptists? If you haven't I doubt seriously that you even could understand. That's OK with me but really I don't know how to help you!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Elvis, There Will Be Peace In The Valley: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

No, actually I haven't been to a bar since I became a Christian. I quit drinking and smoking when I became a Christian. I belong to an independent Baptist Church, were not affiliated with any other group of Baptists. I guess thats why the humor went over my head. Thanks for the explanation.

Psychoblues
08-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I can and do respect that, c'63.

No, actually I haven't been to a bar since I became a Christian. I quit drinking and smoking when I became a Christian. I belong to an independent Baptist Church, were not affiliated with any other group of Baptists. I guess that's why the humor went over my head. Thanks for the explanation.

Have I ever told you about the Baptist preacher and the farmer's daughter?!?!?!?!?!??! Sorry 'bout that, c'63. I don't usually run across such innocence in adult circles!!!!!!

Hit it again, Elvis, There Will Be Peace In The Valley: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

emmett
08-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Be careful in the repo line, emmie. I did that, even posted about all the Bush/Cheney bumper stickers on the repo'ed cars. jimnyc can verify that!!!!!!

I didn't take a bullet but I was damned sure shot at doing that miserable gig!!!!!! Seriously, emmie, can't you get a good dispatcher gig or maybe a warehouse supervision position?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Hit it, Johnny, Take This Job And SHOVE IT, I ain;t workin' here no more: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

My family owns the company Psycho. It's not like it is a job! I haven't worked for someone else since...............................well.......... .................I can't remember.

I have been a repoman for over 20 years. It isn't just a "gig" I do for "awhile". It is my profession. That would explain how in all those years I have heard only one gunshot. I have never been seriously hurt and have never had a mark on me in ov er 15,000 repossessions. I must be doing something a little differnet than you did during your "gig". Hmmm!!! Maybe it is attitude. I notice you tend to be somewhat of a smartass and I woulod assume you took that attitude into the field with you as a repoman. That woulod obviously explain your troubles with effecting repossessions without complications.

Just so you know. Way more lefties collateral is repo'd than righties. You can dispute this if you want but I've been in it for many years and I can tell you, it is so. I can also say I cannot remember EVER picking up a Libertarian's car. At least it was not identified with a bumper sticker.

My son and I have actually anylized ethnics over a monthly period. I of course wouldn't dare post the results here as I would certainly be labeled an insensative bastard for having done so. I will say this, less than half the cars we repossess belong to caucasion Americans. So, just like other categories of social system destruction, it shows here also. Illegal aliens make up a good bit of the repo work we get from our clients. It's going up all the time. The competitive atmosphere that exists in the major market auto finance industry forces these companies to finance anyone with a heartbeat nowadays. It makes your car cost about 25% more.

Working Atlanta has become miserable. Dem folks up in deyar, dey don't gip a fuck bout no payment, but almost every unit has a three thousand dollar set of wheels on it when it comes in.

Nothing is more entertaining than riding through the west side project apartments and seeing the 50,000 dollar designer suv's and luxury sedans sitting everywhere. People standing around on the corner selling crack leaning up against Lincoln Navigators. "Crackocrats" is what we call em. On Bankhead highway competition between these dealers has hurt business though. The poor bastards are now selling three 10 dollar crack rocks for 25. They are having to "settle" for Michelin tires again on their rides and cannot afford Pirelli's anymore. Times are tough for everyone nowadays.

One thing is unilateral between them all in that area though. They ALL strongly support Barrack Obama for president. The bumper stickers are everywhere.

Mr. P
08-02-2008, 12:23 PM
You wouldn't believe the people that think filing bankruptcy means they DON"T have to pay for their car anymore! Same with a mortgage, when I tell them they still must make the monthly payments they're shocked!

It's unbelievable how dumb some folks are!

08-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm thinking that McCain won because all the early primaries were in the most liberal states. Had the early primaries been in the more conservative states I think their would be a different candidate. Just my opinion.

Mitt hurts the ticket with allot of Evangelicals. Huckster helps with Evangelicals but then he loses others who see him as potentially another Jimmy Carter. Fred is a decent choice but that makes the ticket pretty aged.
I think Bobby Jindal is the best all around choice for McCompromise.

I have given allot of thought about voting LP but I'm far more scared of a Barry Hussein President than anything else. I would really like to see the LP get some house and senate seats but I just cant vote for Barr even though I think he is a pretty stand up guy. I spent many hours watching him during the Waco and Ruby Ridge hearings, he was great. I just cant do 4 years of Obama that would be worse than Hillary.

I do admire your sticking to your convictions though.

I actually don't think Mitt would hurt the ticket with Evangelicals as much as everyone seems to think. There are, of course, some diehards that don't like him. But the head of the ticket is still going to be McCain. I don't really think the choice in VP is going to effect the vote of too many people.

crin63
08-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I actually don't think Mitt would hurt the ticket with Evangelicals as much as everyone seems to think. There are, of course, some diehards that don't like him. But the head of the ticket is still going to be McCain. I don't really think the choice in VP is going to effect the vote of too many people.

You may be right. I am basing my opinion on the things I have heard in the news and from my parents. My parents are Southern Baptists and they have allot of Evangelical friends. All I keep hearing from them is that none of their friends will vote for Mitt because he belongs to a, "cult".

Me personally I don't think we will ever have a, "born again Christian" in the Whitehouse. I also don't think we have had one in my lifetime. I don't pick my candidate based on whether they claim to be a Christian. I pick them based on what they have done in the past, their associations and their political beliefs. I also won't vote for any Muslim ever for any office.

Psychoblues
08-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Obviously I tripped your trigger, emmie. Thanks for the comprehensive answer to all the world's problems!!!!!!!! Let's go through this slowly so you might be able to make some sense of it with all of your "anylized ethnics", etc.

My family owns the company Psycho. It's not like it is a job! I haven't worked for someone else since...............................well.......... .................I can't remember.

I have been a repoman for over 20 years. It isn't just a "gig" I do for "awhile". It is my profession. That would explain how in all those years I have heard only one gunshot. I have never been seriously hurt and have never had a mark on me in ov er 15,000 repossessions. I must be doing something a little differnet than you did during your "gig". Hmmm!!! Maybe it is attitude. I notice you tend to be somewhat of a smartass and I woulod assume you took that attitude into the field with you as a repoman. That woulod obviously explain your troubles with effecting repossessions without complications.

Just so you know. Way more lefties collateral is repo'd than righties. You can dispute this if you want but I've been in it for many years and I can tell you, it is so. I can also say I cannot remember EVER picking up a Libertarian's car. At least it was not identified with a bumper sticker.

My son and I have actually anylized ethnics over a monthly period. I of course wouldn't dare post the results here as I would certainly be labeled an insensative bastard for having done so. I will say this, less than half the cars we repossess belong to caucasion Americans. So, just like other categories of social system destruction, it shows here also. Illegal aliens make up a good bit of the repo work we get from our clients. It's going up all the time. The competitive atmosphere that exists in the major market auto finance industry forces these companies to finance anyone with a heartbeat nowadays. It makes your car cost about 25% more.

Working Atlanta has become miserable. Dem folks up in deyar, dey don't gip a fuck bout no payment, but almost every unit has a three thousand dollar set of wheels on it when it comes in.

Nothing is more entertaining than riding through the west side project apartments and seeing the 50,000 dollar designer suv's and luxury sedans sitting everywhere. People standing around on the corner selling crack leaning up against Lincoln Navigators. "Crackocrats" is what we call em. On Bankhead highway competition between these dealers has hurt business though. The poor bastards are now selling three 10 dollar crack rocks for 25. They are having to "settle" for Michelin tires again on their rides and cannot afford Pirelli's anymore. Times are tough for everyone nowadays.

One thing is unilateral between them all in that area though. They ALL strongly support Barrack Obama for president. The bumper stickers are everywhere.

It is fairly obvious to me why you haven't worked outside the family in years. People with your amount of pathological problems don't usually do well in hourly employment. I digress.

You consider yourself a "professional" and with all that repo'ing going on in your life I think you may be correct. As far as my experience in the repo field is concerned I am certainly NOT a "professional". I did on the spot repossessions for a while, about a year or so, and I just knew there was a better and safer way of doing that kind of work. You obviously just don't understand the economy or the temperment of the population in North and Central Mississippi. I still do part time work with some small companies in reacquiring collateralized property but my approach is much different now. I can't say that I am the best that has ever done this type work but I can say with great confidence that I am the best that these companies have ever seen or worked with. Or so they tell me.

Insofar as you and your son's having "anylized ethnics" over any period of time I would suggest that your time would have been better spent actually performing what you do for a living and not wasted so much time and extraordinary mental strain on verifying in false measures what you had already perceived as the truth. As far as your results are concerned I don't believe that you could demonstrate your prejudices any more clearly with numbers than you have already intimated with attitude.

You say that you are "entertained" by driving around in poverty stricken neighborhoods and watching the dope dealers, big SUV's and otherwise poor kids that desire those big SUV's and lord knows what kicks you get out of that. Maybe it's the prostitutes but I really don't know. That is where the pathology of your premises kick in. I am no psychologist but I would suggest at least a clinical intervention on your behalf. You are certainly in no position to be of any good to those poverty stricken neighborhoods or the population that reside there.

I'm certainly not at all worried about those you call "Crackocrats", another evidence of your pathology, because I know that most of them don't or can't vote at all. I am concerned with those that can and possibly will vote. I usually find them to very good and hardworking people. They are my target. Whether you like it or agree with it or not their vote is every bit as valuable as your own. Republicans have attempted to stifle votes and those eligible to vote since the very founding of this country. Again, I digress.

You often refer to your attraction to the libertarian party. You seem to want or need more liberty. I normally don't have any problem with that except in your case I would suggest it is a selfish desire for personal liberty to screw over people and to exploit the people's business. Again, evidence of your pathology, IMHO. Again, I am no professional or even trained in that area. I appreciate your honesty, emmie. Without it we are all left to make assumptions which may or may not be accurate.

I still like your suggestion by Johnny Paycheck, Take This Job And Shove It: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
08-04-2008, 05:54 AM
I apologize in advance for the belated post, c'63. But, I can't help but note that you have problems with judgemental issues. I think Jesus warned against the judgemental tendencies of prospective, at that time, Christians. I think you are having tremendous problems and this post is solely an attempt by me to help you find spiritual peace within yourself. So, your dilemma is certainly not a "new" one.

You may be right. I am basing my opinion on the things I have heard in the news and from my parents. My parents are Southern Baptists and they have allot of Evangelical friends. All I keep hearing from them is that none of their friends will vote for Mitt because he belongs to a, "cult".

Me personally I don't think we will ever have a, "born again Christian" in the Whitehouse. I also don't think we have had one in my lifetime. I don't pick my candidate based on whether they claim to be a Christian. I pick them based on what they have done in the past, their associations and their political beliefs. I also won't vote for any Muslim ever for any office.

If God has chosen Christians only for the reward of heaven, then why does he allow such misery in our lives and the murder of so many in the struggles we have with our attempted dominance over others? Why would our God be so insensitive to the worship of His name but in difference within simple denominational criterion? Why would our God bless any war that takes the lives of aspirants to his glory and salvation?

I would refer to the warnings of Jesus Christ. Jesus told us to avoid judgementalism and intolerance. I generally perceive present day Christians to be in direct violation of that warning. Say what you will and I certainly will listen, but the facts are quite simply the facts. Jesus, our Lord, Saviour and our most credible advisor admonished us against such bloodlust and hatred.

I realize this recognition may not be to your liking. Many of the teachings of the Testaments prove not to my liking. Honesty and adherence to simple principles are all that Jesus ever intended. He knew the weaknesses of us and He gave us the tools to guide our lives. Are you privy to something I may have missed? Please quote the scripture guiding your thinking. I am all ears and desperate for any justification for the abuses by mankind done so in the interests of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

If I am being extraordinarilly demanding, I again apologize. But I continue to believe my questions valid and important to understanding the Bible and the intents and purposes of our Christ.

08-04-2008, 07:30 AM
I would refer to the warnings of Jesus Christ. Jesus told us to avoid judgementalism and intolerance.

I am quite familiar with the Lord Jesus Christ and His counsels. I can't name one warning where he warned against judgmentalism and intolerance. In fact, I'm fairly certain you've just made up the term judgmentalism. Because I can't find it in any dictionary.

Psychoblues
08-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Why am I not surprised, a'21?

I am quite familiar with the Lord Jesus Christ and His counsels. I can't name one warning where he warned against judgmentalism and intolerance. In fact, I'm fairly certain you've just made up the term judgmentalism. Because I can't find it in any dictionary.

Hypocrites are pretty much all the same, aren't they,,,,,,,and you?

crin63
08-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I apologize in advance for the belated post, c'63. But, I can't help but note that you have problems with judgemental issues. I think Jesus warned against the judgemental tendencies of prospective, at that time, Christians. I think you are having tremendous problems and this post is solely an attempt by me to help you find spiritual peace within yourself. So, your dilemma is certainly not a "new" one.

I appreciate where you are coming from. It is not judgmental to point out sins or things that are plainly addressed in the Bible. God has already judged them by His decrees in His word. I'm generally pointing out things that He has said some times and of course at other times I am expressing my opinions and beliefs based on my personal studies of the Bible. If you were a bank robber would it be judgmental of me to point out that robbing banks is a crime? If there is a clear and singular path to salvation in Jesus Christ, is it judgmental to point that an obvious deviation from that path will not result in salvation?

If God has chosen Christians only for the reward of heaven, then why does he allow such misery in our lives and the murder of so many in the struggles we have with our attempted dominance over others? Why would our God be so insensitive to the worship of His name but in difference within simple denominational criterion? Why would our God bless any war that takes the lives of aspirants to his glory and salvation?

This is not the world that God intended for man to live in. What God made He said was good. Man has corrupted it with sin and brought all these things upon himself. Before sin entered the world there was no death, no illness, no murder, no war and etc. even the animals were vegetarian.

I would refer to the warnings of Jesus Christ. Jesus told us to avoid judgementalism and intolerance. I generally perceive present day Christians to be in direct violation of that warning. Say what you will and I certainly will listen, but the facts are quite simply the facts. Jesus, our Lord, Saviour and our most credible advisor admonished us against such bloodlust and hatred.

I would have to say that I don't think Jesus taught tolerance when he called the Pharisees evil, hypocrites and vipers. Pointing out wrong doing is not intolerant. By the law is man made aware of sin. I agree we should not have a bloodlust or hatred of people but hating the things they do is appropriate. It is my hope that they would turn from their sin and come to Christ. Jesus didn't accept sin, he pointed it out and told people to sin no more

I realize this recognition may not be to your liking. Many of the teachings of the Testaments prove not to my liking. Honesty and adherence to simple principles are all that Jesus ever intended. He knew the weaknesses of us and He gave us the tools to guide our lives. Are you privy to something I may have missed? Please quote the scripture guiding your thinking. I am all ears and desperate for any justification for the abuses by mankind done so in the interests of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

If I am being extraordinarilly demanding, I again apologize. But I continue to believe my questions valid and important to understanding the Bible and the intents and purposes of our Christ.

I just woke up and I'm still a little foggy but I think I answered most of your questions. I didn't list verses but I can if you want further clarification. I don't see your questions as demanding at all. It would be a bit simpler if we addressed one of two questions at a time though. I'm more than willing to discuss this at length with you any time.

08-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Why am I not surprised, a'21?

Hypocrites are pretty much all the same, aren't they,,,,,,,and you?

You'd know better than me. But Christ still never said anything of the sort.

Psychoblues
08-06-2008, 01:24 AM
I don't imagine the words in Hebrew or Arabic mean much to you, a'21, but I think you are mistaken. I think Christ at least meant exactly as I claim.

You'd know better than me. But Christ still never said anything of the sort.

Maybe it's a denominational disagreement?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Nothing new about that, is there?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I don't imagine the words in Hebrew or Arabic mean much to you, a'21, but I think you are mistaken. I think Christ at least meant exactly as I claim.

Maybe it's a denominational disagreement?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Nothing new about that, is there?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

You'd think if he meant what you were claiming, you could find a single word where he says such a thing.

mundame
08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
You wouldn't believe the people that think filing bankruptcy means they DON"T have to pay for their car anymore! Same with a mortgage, when I tell them they still must make the monthly payments they're shocked!

Mr. P, I guess I don't know anything about bankruptcy, but why bother if you can't get out from under the car payments and house mortgage? What CAN they avoid paying on, can you tell us? So what happens about the house and car --- are they foreclosed and repo-ed in the case of bankruptcy? Just asking, don't know.

I know they have to pay alimony and child support, and of course first of all, taxes owed.

Psychoblues
08-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Christ often talked about hypocrisy, self serving inclinations, unjustified pride, infidelities to others and oneself, war in the abstract and concepts that many Christians do understand but you don't.

You'd think if he meant what you were claiming, you could find a single word where he says such a thing.

Talk to your preacher about it, Mr. Chickenshit. I can't continue to carry your ignorance as if it weren't self induced.

Said1
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM

Are you two arguing semantics or context?

Psychoblues
08-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Although you weren't speaking to me, S1, I am arguing context. I think a'21 has problems much more indicative of a lessor interest.